606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

+39
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
Statman
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Albert
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
VenezuelaBlue
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
Michael Crosby S74
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
notepad
Bryan
Luka Perfect
tadpole
paul
ToffeeDan
43 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 14 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:06 pm

£60m or don't bother calling.........

We shouldn't be dictated by Citteh's issues, so if they can't afford him then don't call us.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 14 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  SEFTON Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:15 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:£60m or don't bother calling.........

We shouldn't be dictated by Citteh's issues, so if they can't afford him then don't call us.

They can buy us a stadium and say its a Christmas pressie . lol!
Then we say no thanks .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:45 pm

sefton wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:£60m or don't bother calling.........

They can buy us a stadium and say its a Christmas pressie . lol!
Then we say no thanks .

I like it!
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Oct 2014, 9:51 am

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2014/10/03/barkley-set-for-training-return

Barkley Set For Training Return

Roberto Martinez says he hopes to have Ross Barkley back in full training as early as next week.

The 20-year-old has been sidelined since the start of the season after picking up a knee injury on the eve of the 2014/15 campaign.

“Ross Barkley is developing well,” said Martinez on Friday. “I hope he can join the group as early as next Wednesday and start working with the full team.”

However, the Blues boss stopped short of estimating a date when the midfielder will be back in contention for first-team action.

He added: “I think [being available after the next international break] is too early.

“I think he will be back training with the team after the international break and then we will have to see how long it’ll take Ross to get back to match fitness from then.”

There was further good news for three of the players who did not travel with the squad to face FC Krasnodar on Thursday.

“We could get some players back this weekend,” explained Martinez. “James McCarthy and Seamus Coleman will have late fitness tests, so it’s too early to tell on those two.

“But Steven Pienaar has been training really well and I think he probably has got the better chance of the four players looking ahead to the weekend.”

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:50 pm

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says midfielder Ross Barkley can become the best England player ever. (Sunday Mirror)

Pack it in Roberto .. there is enough talk about Ross coming from others
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:20 am

The President wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez says midfielder Ross Barkley can become the best England player ever. (Sunday Mirror)

Allegedly Man City are preparing a £60M bid.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:49 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
The President wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez says midfielder Ross Barkley can become the best England player ever. (Sunday Mirror)

I think we maybe reaching a point where we may need to take this seriously. City are desperately short in creativity, relying on an increasingly erratic Toure and overworked Silva for inspiration. Barkley fits the bill as young, exciting, English and creative. £60m plus would be hard to refuse..

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:29 am

Bluejagz wrote:

I think we maybe reaching a point where we may need to take this seriously. City are desperately short in creativity, relying on an increasingly erratic Toure and overworked Silva for inspiration. Barkley fits the bill as young, exciting, English and creative. £60m plus would be hard to refuse..
Seems inevitable.
The press and agents are going to keep banging on until it's a done deal. It's what the Mirror does best.
We won't get £60M for him though, and if we did would we do a Spurs/Shyte with the money?
For his own sake I think this and one more season.
Then again, do we have the coaches to bring the best out of him?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

Seems inevitable.
The press and agents are going to keep banging on until it's a done deal. It's what the Mirror does best.
We won't get £60M for him though, and if we did would we do a Spurs/Shyte with the money?

Do City have the coaches to bring the best out of him? Seems like they are reaching the point where they have to tear up the script and start again. They have the oldest squad in the league and still, in a European sense, haven't that core ethic of playing to their maximum every week. Both on the pitch and in the stands, they just don't look that interested in created a legacy on the European stage and I don't think Pellegrini is the man to do it either. I don't think they can pay silly money while their revenue generation firepower is still in its infancy and FFP will prevent them spending like Utd or Madrid.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

Seems inevitable.

Do City have the coaches to bring the best out of him? Seems like they are reaching the point where they have to tear up the script and start again. They have the oldest squad in the league and still, in a European sense, haven't that core ethic of playing to their maximum every week. Both on the pitch and in the stands, they just don't look that interested in created a legacy on the European stage and I don't think Pellegrini is the man to do it either.  I don't think they can pay silly money while their revenue generation firepower is still in its infancy and FFP will prevent them spending like Utd or Madrid.
RB may want to look around before choosing a world renowned team . I'm sure he won't stay with us for much longer, and RM is already bigging up his price.
Yeah, City don't yet have the pedigree or world recognition. Hell, they can't even pull a crowd in Manchester.
I'm just wondering what it takes to get the best out of a certain player. Where is his best position? Seems to be the number 10 spot? Like s few others we have right now.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 04 Jan 2015, 6:54 am

Everton are ready to sell midfielder Ross Barkley, 21, for £45m to fund an overhaul of Roberto Martinez's squad, with Manchester City interested in signing the England international. (Mail on Sunday)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 04 Jan 2015, 8:45 am

The President wrote:Everton are ready to sell midfielder Ross Barkley, 21, for £45m to fund an overhaul of Roberto Martinez's squad, with Manchester City interested in signing the England international. (Mail on Sunday)

The same journalist said that Steve McLaren would be our new manager only last week.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:17 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11349620/Everton-manager-Roberto-Martinez-jumps-to-defence-of-Ross-Barkley.html
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 11 Feb 2015, 7:16 am

Even though he came on late against the Shite, he created our best chance.

Needs to be more involved, should take a leaf out of Naismith's book.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Sun 29 Mar 2015, 10:18 am

Manchester City and Chelsea want to sign Everton's England international midfielder Ross Barkley, 21, who has been valued at £50m by his club. (Daily Star Sunday)

Alternatively Manchester City will allow James Milner, 29, to join Liverpool, and sign Barkley for £35m. (Sunday Mirror)
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Manchester City and Chelsea want to sign Everton's England international midfielder Ross Barkley, 21, who has been valued at £50m by his club. (Daily Star Sunday)

Alternatively Manchester City will allow James Milner, 29, to join Liverpool, and sign Barkley for £35m. (Sunday Mirror)
I think that's a cut and paste from 3 months ago?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:13 pm

I'd sell for 50M... Robbie will be able to buy Emmerson Boyce & Gary Caldwell with a wad like that Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:18 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I'd sell for 50M... Robbie will be able to buy Emmerson Boyce & Gary Caldwell with a wad like that Neutral

Let's not forget Paul Dikov.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 31 Mar 2015, 9:33 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I'd sell for 50M... Robbie will be able to buy Emmerson Boyce & Gary Caldwell with a wad like that Neutral

Phenominal talents!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:17 am

Cahill the Great wrote:

Phenominal talents!

They are all in a good moment of form.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:28 am

Cahill the Great wrote:

Phenominal talents!

They also have the experience and know how
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 31 Mar 2015, 11:50 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Phenominal talents!

They also have the experience and know how
and they are all better than any of Robbie's signings to date (apart from Macca)

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 22 May 2015, 10:04 am

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has been speaking about midfielder Ross Barkley being included in Roy Hodgson's senior England squad and not in Gareth Southgate's under-21 squad for the European Championship in June:

"Ross already has experience at a major tournament with the senior squad after playing at the World Cup in Brazil. Ross has not been involved with the under-21s' qualifying and it doesn't make sense to be involved now without having the chemistry with the other players. "Gareth Southgate has done a terrific job with the under-21s and I think it is the right decision not to include Ross. Makes sense he is in the senior squad and is able to get a good break after two demanding seasons where he hasn't had time to recover."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sun 24 May 2015, 12:45 am

Super wrote:
Everton manager Roberto Martinez has been speaking about midfielder Ross Barkley being included in Roy Hodgson's senior England squad and not in Gareth Southgate's under-21 squad for the European Championship in June:

"Ross already has experience at a major tournament with the senior squad after playing at the World Cup in Brazil. Ross has not been involved with the under-21s' qualifying and it doesn't make sense to be involved now without having the chemistry with the other players.  "Gareth Southgate has done a terrific job with the under-21s and I think it is the right decision not to include Ross. Makes sense he is in the senior squad and is able to get a good break after two demanding seasons where he hasn't had time to recover."

that makes sense
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 25 May 2015, 5:17 pm

He is not a No 10.

Bobby needs to get him in beside McCarthy and get a proper No 10 in.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next