606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

+39
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
Statman
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Albert
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
VenezuelaBlue
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
Michael Crosby S74
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
notepad
Bryan
Luka Perfect
tadpole
paul
ToffeeDan
43 posters

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 26 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 29 Aug 2022, 8:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Could be worth a go. We have fuck all creativity

Based on his ability alone, I'd take him back without a second thought. Especially on a free.

It's just the crowd, and the angst it might create. We really don't need that, but we're an unforgiving bunch, unfortunately.

He'd want huge wages cos he's on a free, and, realistically, I can't see him as anything other than an impact sub, even with the state of our current team.  I think Lampard wants a team of fighters who he can rely on to give him 100% for 90 minutes, and stay focused. I don't think there's room for someone like Ross.

Aye, you're probably right. I don't want anything going on that turns Goodison into a fuming cauldron of division and self-hate anyway.

Watching Forest yesterday giving it a really good go against Spurs just reminded me that a relegation battle with Forest and a relegation battle with Everton are two totally different things. Forest have no expectations, like Fulham, Brentford etc. The pressure obviously weighs far heavier if you're scrapping at the bottom with a big club. We need that togetherness that we showed at the end of last season, players and crowd in concert, to have any sort of chance.

Barkley would fuck that up. But Bill loves a reunion, so it'll probably happen.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14820
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 26 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  hairy cataract Mon 29 Aug 2022, 8:45 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Could be worth a go. We have fuck all creativity

Based on his ability alone, I'd take him back without a second thought. Especially on a free.

It's just the crowd, and the angst it might create. We really don't need that, but we're an unforgiving bunch, unfortunately.

He'd want huge wages cos he's on a free, and, realistically, I can't see him as anything other than an impact sub, even with the state of our current team.  I think Lampard wants a team of fighters who he can rely on to give him 100% for 90 minutes, and stay focused. I don't think there's room for someone like Ross.

Aye, you're probably right. I don't want anything going on that turns Goodison into a fuming cauldron of division and self-hate anyway.

Watching Forest yesterday giving it a really good go against Spurs just reminded me that a relegation battle with Forest and a relegation battle with Everton are two totally different things. Forest have no expectations, like Fulham, Brentford etc. The pressure obviously weighs far heavier if you're scrapping at the bottom with a big club. We need that togetherness that we showed at the end of last season, players and crowd in concert, to have any sort of chance.

Barkley would fuck that up. But Bill loves a reunion, so it'll probably happen.

I can still see Barkley coming in at the last minute, the way Dele did, if we can't get anyone else. Moshiri would probably like the deal too cos no fee.

I'm worried. Even if we bring in a big boy striker, I think we're just too shit not to be in the bottom three for most of the season. Getting Gana would be a massive boost, so we can have someone sitting in front of our slow and injury-prone defence. But the likes of Patterson and Mykolenko are simply not PL standard at the moment, so we're going to create very little in a 343 or 523 or whatever you want to call it set up. I'm starting to think that it's not the front three that will be a problem - Gordon/Gray/Maupay will be okay - but the complete lack of service from our wing-backs means they will be feeding off whatever scraps they get. It's no coincidence that our last two goals have come from a Pickford punt to Gray and a Coady punt to Gordon. Even getting in someone like Broja won't help if nobody is getting the ball to him.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 29 Aug 2022, 9:42 pm

Barkley’s problem was always decision making. In a Bobby Martinez champagne football side you can abide it, because we were creating a million chances a game, but right now we need people who do the simple shit well and make the right football decisions. A Barkley who hasn’t played in years isn’t the answer to anything. And him playing the wrong pass *again* while the street end go apoplectic is in no one’s best interests.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 30 Aug 2022, 8:11 am

He won't improve us, but he wouldn't be our worst midfielder either. We don't really need his inflated salary on our wage bill, but that's nothing to do with me.

I think our fate for this season may well depend upon whether or not we get Gana Gueye back in the next few days.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 30 Aug 2022, 8:13 am

Gueye AND another attacker, one with pace, AND a midfielder who can pick a pass. In other words, we are fucked!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 05 Sep 2022, 1:35 pm

Official. OGC Nice have signed Ross Barkley on a free transfer after the contract termination signed just few days ago with Chelsea

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 05 Sep 2022, 2:17 pm

Nice
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 05 Sep 2022, 5:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Official. OGC Nice have signed Ross Barkley on a free transfer after the contract termination signed just few days ago with Chelsea

That takes the biscuit…

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 12 Jun 2023, 10:42 am

would you ??

Everton and other Premier League clubs alerted to Ross Barkley’s availability after the former England international left Nice on a free transfer.
Barkley keen on a return to the Premier League and his agent is trying to make it happen. Also some interest from Scotland.

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 12 Jun 2023, 11:26 am

I think he was great for us and if he could rediscover that form, would have him back in a heartbeat.

But... apart from a few good games for Villa, he's not done a lot since. We already have Dele Alli as a misfiring number 10; do we need another?

He is within budget though I suppose 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 26 F_laugh
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 12 Jun 2023, 12:10 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:would you ??

Everton and other Premier League clubs alerted to Ross Barkley’s availability after the former England international left Nice on a free transfer.
Barkley keen on a return to the Premier League and his agent is trying to make it happen. Also some interest from Scotland.

Only if everything relating to the signing is club-friendly:

• Short-term, maybe rolling contract, allowing us to get out of any commitment without being tied to three or four years of his wages if he continues to be shit.

• Reasonable wages based not on him being a former Chelsea player, but based on him being a flop at Nice. Also incentive based, according to appearances etc.

• On the assumption that Dyche would even want him, and that's far from guaranteed. So no more blubby "he's one of us" bollocks from Billy K.

If Barkley can do better than that elsewhere, hey ho, that's fine, good luck to him. But "some interest from Scotland" says it all really.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14820
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 12 Jun 2023, 6:14 pm

All the talent in the world but never really had a 'football brain'. A bit late to hope that's ever going to change, so thanks, but I'm out.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 12 Jun 2023, 6:25 pm

Not much of a team player, would probably want fuckwads of money, he's as broken as Dele, so no thanks.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 12 Jun 2023, 8:51 pm

No. Anyone who thinks otherwise, please reach out for help. There are lots of numbers you can call.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 09 Aug 2023, 3:44 pm

Ross Barkley has joined Premier League new boys Luton Town on a free transfer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66453836?at_link_id=E8B34C2A-36C1-11EE-9DF1-4DFF39E5AB7B&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_campaign_type=owned&at_format=link&at_link_origin=Match_of_the_Day&at_link_type=web_link&at_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1E7_rgWD5HTawPLPd__dsdhp-v9AGzjWS1TmkaSdC2KtjTgRi35zDqMD4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26