606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

+39
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
Statman
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Albert
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
VenezuelaBlue
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
Michael Crosby S74
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
notepad
Bryan
Luka Perfect
tadpole
paul
ToffeeDan
43 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 8 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Helenqu Sun 15 Sep 2013, 1:41 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:Obviously, we want to keep him, but do you think Bill has a price in mind ??
The figure in the press seems to be £20 million but that seems low to me.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 8 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 15 Sep 2013, 2:56 pm

Helenqu wrote:
My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:Obviously, we want to keep him, but do you think Bill has a price in mind ??
The figure in the press seems to be £20 million but that seems low to me.
We buy McCarthy for £13 and sell Barkley for £20. (Just saying like)
What's the thinking, positive and negative sides of the argument?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 15 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

The problem we'd have with Barkley is that he would attract a fee that is potential based. I'd say we'd end up with GBP15M with a lot of add ons.

If we did want to sell him, it'd be best to keep him, and play him, for this season then sell.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sun 15 Sep 2013, 4:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:The problem we'd have with Barkley is that he would attract a fee that is potential based. I'd say we'd end up with GBP15M with a lot of add ons.

If we did want to sell him, it'd be best to keep him, and play him, for this season then sell.
Disagree. You've got to weigh up both his potential worth as a player and as a commercial investment. If he's the next big thing he'll make millions in shirt sales and merchandise - just like Rooney does for Man Utd.

Looking at 30 million minimum.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 15 Sep 2013, 4:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:The problem we'd have with Barkley is that he would attract a fee that is potential based. I'd say we'd end up with GBP15M with a lot of add ons.

I think he'll get a lot of game time from Martinez. If he does look good, then Chelski and the Mancs will come calling next summer. If Barks wants to go, then maybe ask for £25m plus a loan-back for next season. Let's face it, if he went to Chelsea, he'd go out on loan anway, and if Moyes gets hold of him he'll play ten minutes a month until he gives the ball away and then he'll be in the reserves for a year.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 15 Sep 2013, 5:22 pm

How long is left on his contract?
We should be looking to keep hold of these sorts of players now. I know we need to sell move often than not to allow us to buy players but we need to be keeping young English players, especially when they're as good as he is!
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 24 Nov 2013, 2:43 pm

Wonder if he'd be getting as much game time if Moyes was still manager.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 9:44 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Wonder if he'd be getting as much game time if Moyes was still manager.
Moyes wanted him to play a defined role in midfield, he can't do that, Neil Warnock says the same on talksport, play him behind the striker, don't demand he tracks back (a free role basically, even though he does track back) and he blossoms.

Jelavic might flourish (if he stays long enough) now that there is someone doing a Cahill type job behind him.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 24 Nov 2013, 10:10 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Wonder if he'd be getting as much game time if Moyes was still manager.
Moyes wanted him to play a defined role in midfield, he can't do that, Neil Warnock says the same on talksport, play him behind the striker, don't demand he tracks back (a free role basically, even though he does track back) and he blossoms.

Jelavic might flourish (if he stays long enough) now that there is someone doing a Cahill type job behind him.
The thing cahill did which helpd Jelavic the most was to keep defenders occupied. Barkley doesn't do that as much. Still a cracking player.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 24 Nov 2013, 11:41 pm

Tonteau wrote:

The thing cahill did which helpd Jelavic the most was to keep defenders occupied. Barkley doesn't do that as much. Still a cracking player.
Cahill is talking about coming to the EPL to keep fit in january.
A return likely?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 25 Nov 2013, 12:36 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

A return likely?
Doubt it, as he will have to sit out the first three games due to his red in his last game.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 25 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

A return likely?
Doubt it, as he will have to sit out the first three games due to his red in his last game.
Get him signed in December then.............Wink 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 10 Dec 2013, 1:05 pm

BBC bigging him up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24464349

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 10 Dec 2013, 1:33 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:BBC bigging him up

all this coverage is a bit worrying. Not that I think he'll get his head turned and leave, just that it puts incredible pressure on him. On the other hand, if all the other teams get obsessed by stopping him, that will leave all our other ball players with more space, so happy days for Lukaku, Pienaar, Mirallas etc - and then when FooFoo comes on, the opposition start screaming, rolling into a ball, and sucking their thumbs....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 10 Dec 2013, 5:56 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:BBC bigging him up

all this coverage is a bit worrying.  Not that I think he'll get his head turned and leave, just that it puts incredible pressure on him.  On the other hand, if all the other teams get obsessed by stopping him, that will leave all our other ball players with more space, so happy days for Lukaku, Pienaar, Mirallas etc - and then when FooFoo comes on, the opposition start screaming, rolling into a ball, and sucking their thumbs....
RM will keep his feet on the ground.
Foofoo! What an impact sub this lad is. Must be terrifying for defenders to see him waiting for the 4th official to hold up his number.
 cheers 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 23 Dec 2013, 7:58 am

I wonder if we will have a Rooney-style scenario with Barkley next summer? A great full debut season followed by great performances for England at a international tournament leading to a big money transfer. Win-win for us of course as we either have an excellent young footballer in the team or tons of cash in bank.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 23 Dec 2013, 8:20 am

The hysteria is ridiculous though.  It shows just how desperate the media are to have an English player to talk about.  Barkley looks great, really chuffed to have him coming through, but scoring a screamer of a free-kick is no big deal, it happens all the time in the PL.  I wish everyone (outside the club and fans) would shut up about him.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 23 Dec 2013, 8:33 am

hairy cataract wrote:The hysteria is ridiculous though.  It shows just how desperate the media are to have an English player to talk about.  Barkley looks great, really chuffed to have him coming through, but scoring a screamer of a free-kick is no big deal, it happens all the time in the PL.  I wish everyone (outside the club and fans) would shut up about him.

Maybe his new haircut(Baldy Head) will scare them off. lol! 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 23 Dec 2013, 8:48 am

sefton wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:The hysteria is ridiculous though.  It shows just how desperate the media are to have an English player to talk about.  Barkley looks great, really chuffed to have him coming through, but scoring a screamer of a free-kick is no big deal, it happens all the time in the PL.  I wish everyone (outside the club and fans) would shut up about him.

Maybe his new haircut(Baldy Head) will scare them off. lol! 

Terrible haircut. Poor lad, all the attention on him and he looks like a sheared sheep. That interview with him and Jags after the match will come back to haunt him when he gets his knighthood after leading England to the 2022 World Cup....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:57 am

we badly need Ross to sign a new contract ... that way if he goes he'll fetch top dollar ... but hopefully it will mean he is loyal to stay long-term, unlike judas Rooney (who I don't really blame btw for jumping ship)

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 23 Dec 2013, 1:26 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:we badly need Ross to sign a new contract ... that way if he goes he'll fetch top dollar ... but hopefully it will mean he is loyal to stay long-term, unlike judas Rooney (who I don't really blame btw for jumping ship)

His mentor, Stevie Me, seems to be giving him good advice about staying with us during his formative years, but I'm thinking 2-3 years and he'll be gone.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 23 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:we badly need Ross to sign a new contract ... that way if he goes he'll fetch top dollar ... but hopefully it will mean he is loyal to stay long-term, unlike judas Rooney (who I don't really blame btw for jumping ship)

His mentor, Stevie Me, seems to be giving him good advice about staying with us during his formative years, but I'm thinking 2-3 years and he'll be  gone.

TBF Stevie Me told him to stay as long as he could with the "boyhood" club

We need to remember that when Wayne was younger, we had absolutely no chance of offering regular CL football.... perhaps we still don't now... but if you can think we could reasonably do it this year and strengthen and perhaps next year improve again with a decent blend of youth/experience premies/loanees the need for Ross to move away is nowhere near as strong.

The nearest most recent equivalent possibly is Bale.... with him Tottenham would be a much stronger outfit... the difference is that Bale's "boyhood club" was Real Madrid.... I still have a belief that what comes around - comes around and this is our turn....

I was reading the RAWK website and all they seem to crow about is how we will peter out and that normal order will be resumed.... whenever we quote "if ya know ya history...." they tell us its the recent that counts... well for the last couple of years we have been above them and we are improving again... they are spending millions chasing a business model that they are desperate to reattain....

I feel we are at the turning point where there is a more telling shift in the power base in the City something akin to the 1970s when prior to that we were the more successful outfit....

Dear Santa....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 23 Dec 2013, 3:58 pm

If Ross knows what's good for him he'll know that any club who wants to buy him will traditionally be above us in the table, thus he'll struggle to get int their midfield may get the odd start but more often than not 20 minutes from the bench. Just look at Mata; phenomenal player but hardly played this season. Ross is playing 90 minutes most weeks for us and has a manager who trists him and won't bench him if he makes a mistake. He's objectively better off at Everton, pure and simple.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 23 Dec 2013, 4:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:If Ross knows what's good for him he'll know that any club who wants to buy him will traditionally be above us in the table, thus he'll struggle to get int their midfield may get the odd start but more often than not 20 minutes from the bench. Just look at Mata; phenomenal player but hardly played this season. Ross is playing 90 minutes most weeks for us and has a manager who trists him and won't bench him if he makes a mistake. He's objectively better off at Everton, pure and simple.

+ 1 jazzillion

Dear Santa....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:32 am

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says midfielder Ross Barkley, 20, is not for sale even if a club bid a world-record £86m.
Full story: Daily Mirror

I think we would struggle to say no to £86m
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next