606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Dyche - has one hell of a job to do !

+6
fourdoors
Tonteau
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
10 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Sean Dyche - has one hell of a job to do ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sean Dyche - has one hell of a job to do !

Post  hairy cataract Wed 25 Jan 2023, 11:33 am

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:I think we need to go for Emma Hayes. This would, I believe, be a genius masterstroke. A woman so the crowd less likely to boo her, players less likely to have a dust up in front of her, media focus on 'the first female (are we allowed to say that, still) manager of a premier league team' and not 'Everton are in a spiralling crisis', she seems to know her shit and probably would cost less to buy out of her contract and pay (apologies for the sexism, but it's just how it is). Sling your hook, Kev, there's a new director of football in town. He's a maverick and he's thinking oustide the box...

Or Sarina Wiegman.  A serial winner at the highest level of women's international football, she clearly knows how to motivate and organise a team.  Dutch, so she'd be able to tell Ten Hag to fuck off and die in his native tongue if he came trying to nick our players.  Unless it's Maupay in which she can tell him "he's yours, sucker" in his native tongue.

I was going to suggest her but no way she'd leave her cushy job at England for basket case Everton.

Fair point. How about Jodie Comer then? Blue through and through, her dad's been our physio for decades, and if she puts on her Russian accent the squad would shit themselves. I love Jodie Comer, bring her in.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Sean Dyche - has one hell of a job to do ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Sean Dyche - has one hell of a job to do !

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 11:41 am

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:I think we need to go for Emma Hayes. This would, I believe, be a genius masterstroke. A woman so the crowd less likely to boo her, players less likely to have a dust up in front of her, media focus on 'the first female (are we allowed to say that, still) manager of a premier league team' and not 'Everton are in a spiralling crisis', she seems to know her shit and probably would cost less to buy out of her contract and pay (apologies for the sexism, but it's just how it is). Sling your hook, Kev, there's a new director of football in town. He's a maverick and he's thinking oustide the box...

Or Sarina Wiegman.  A serial winner at the highest level of women's international football, she clearly knows how to motivate and organise a team.  Dutch, so she'd be able to tell Ten Hag to fuck off and die in his native tongue if he came trying to nick our players.  Unless it's Maupay in which she can tell him "he's yours, sucker" in his native tongue.

I was going to suggest her but no way she'd leave her cushy job at England for basket case Everton.

I keep on getting Emma Hayes mixed up with Irish song-person Gemma Hayes. We may accidentally appoint the wrong one if Farhad makes the same mistake, although it should result in some new, fairly pleasant songs for the Street end to sing.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14802
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 25 Jan 2023, 11:54 pm

We have a new favourite. Today's changes in bold...

Dyche 5/2 5/4
Bielsa 10/11 6/5 2/1
Hassenhuttl 8/1 9/1
Allardyce 8/1 7/1 10/1
Rooney 10/1
Carlos Corberan 12/1
Big Dunc 10/1 12/1
Marcelino 14/1 16/1
Nuno 16/1
Thomas Frank 16/1
Moyes 20/1
Ange Postecoglu 20/1

So this Corberan fella is very interesting. Bielsa's assistant at Leeds. Went to Huddersfield, spent two years there, got them into the playoff final last year (where they lost to Forest) and then left.

He then went to Olympiakos and only lasted two months. He joined West Brom in October and has worked wonders, 10 wins from 14 games. They were second-bottom when he arrived, they're now a point off the playoffs. Huddersfield, in contrast, have plummeted this season, in the relegation zone.

We played Huddersfield when he was there, in the Carabao. The game were Moise Kean got sent off, we won 2-1. Kean's last appearance in an Everton shirt.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 26 Jan 2023, 12:51 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:We have a new favourite. Today's changes in bold...

Dyche 5/2 5/4
Bielsa 10/11 6/5 2/1
Hassenhuttl 8/1 9/1
Allardyce 8/1 7/1 10/1
Rooney 10/1
Carlos Corberan 12/1
Big Dunc 10/1 12/1
Marcelino 14/1 16/1
Nuno 16/1
Thomas Frank 16/1
Moyes 20/1
Ange Postecoglu 20/1

So this Corberan fella is very interesting. Bielsa's assistant at Leeds. Went to Huddersfield, spent two years there, got them into the playoff final last year (where they lost to Forest) and then left.

He then went to Olympiakos and only lasted two months. He joined West Brom in October and has worked wonders, 10 wins from 14 games. They were second-bottom when he arrived, they're now a point off the playoffs. Huddersfield, in contrast, have plummeted this season, in the relegation zone.

We played Huddersfield when he was there, in the Carabao. The game were Moise Kean got sent off, we won 2-1. Kean's last appearance in an Everton shirt.

What sort of football does he play? Is it like Bielsa?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 1:26 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:We have a new favourite. Today's changes in bold...

Dyche 5/2 5/4
Bielsa 10/11 6/5 2/1
Hassenhuttl 8/1 9/1
Allardyce 8/1 7/1 10/1
Rooney 10/1
Carlos Corberan 12/1
Big Dunc 10/1 12/1
Marcelino 14/1 16/1
Nuno 16/1
Thomas Frank 16/1
Moyes 20/1
Ange Postecoglu 20/1

What sort of football does he play? Is it like Bielsa?

No idea, but here's a random write-up I found on him.

https://tacticof.com/managers/carlos-corberan/#:~:text=Corberan%20likes%20his%20team%20to,a%20lot%20of%20forward%20involvement.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 26 Jan 2023, 9:39 am

I have a feeling it will be Dyche because I don't think anybody else wants the job or is available to start immediately.

I still can't believe they haven't approached Jodie Comer or Joey Barton.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:01 am

hairy cataract wrote:I have a feeling it will be Dyche because I don't think anybody else wants the job or is available to start immediately.

If we're going to give it to Dyche, just get Big Dunc for the last 16 games or whatever it is and then reassess when we're in the championship. Dyche is a decent football manager but he's not going to progress the club and the fans will get on his back as soon as we play crap/have a poor run of results (i.e. immediately) and then we'll just end up in the same poisonous state of affairs we are now and binning him off. It really is the short-termist of the short term appointments we could make... unless they can see that relegation will destroy us financially and we really need to stay up and Dycheball is the way to do that.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:05 am

^ FFS, even Dunc isn't available :'(

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1618527617187020801?

(100% the right move for him as a manager, TBF)

Last edited by Tonteau on Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:05 am

hairy cataract wrote:I have a feeling it will be Dyche because I don't think anybody else wants the job or is available to start immediately.

Listen, Bielsa is hot and ready to go. Just as soon as that stool gets delivered to him. It is only natural that our next managerial appointment will be complicated by postal worker strikes. I mean, of course. Or IKEA stock issues.

Just reading that link above, that I added last night but didn't really look at. Appreciate that this could have been written by some enthusiastic 14-year-old FIFA superfan in his bedroom when he should really have been getting on with his maths homework, but if that's an accurate write-up then, yeah, he's the son of Bielsa. Pressing, high lines, utilisation of space, winning the ball back ASAP preferably in the oppo half etc. Let's remember that Pep considers Bielsa to be something of a God.

If we don't get Bielsa then I'm going for a dream ticket of Tony Bellew (mad, loves the club) and Erwin Rommel (mad, tactically-astute German.) That covers all bases, I think.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:06 am

Tonteau wrote:^ FFS, even Dunc isn't available :'(

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1618527617187020801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1618527617187020801%7Ctwgr%5E22c60662afb69d3354da94f6559871bcdf05eae1%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Flive%2Ffootball%2F64409654

lol!
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:28 am

Dyche is odds on now with the bookies. With the exception of Bielsa, nobody comes even close.

I agree, it does smack of short-termism, but on the other hand even if we do miraculously survive this season, we're almost certain to be in another relegation battle next season, so Dyche might be sensible for at least 18 months. Then, when we move to the new stadium, we can bring in Jodie Comer.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 10:51 am

Several media reports this morning that Erwin Rommel is OUT OF THE RACE due to him having committed suicide in 1944 following his alleged role in the Stauffenberg plot to kill Hitler. Fuck. Back to the drawing board for me. Shame, because Bellew was really keen.

Dyche is 5/6 with Skybet this morning. I mean, that's not 1/7 is it? (I'm good at maths and can confirm that, in fact, it's not.) Bielsa was odds-on a couple of days ago. The wind is blowing in the direction of a Dyche appointment but even he might think that we're career suicide right now. I remember Martin O'Neill turning us down in the '90's to stay with fucking Wycombe. Similar vibes this time around, I think.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:07 am

Bearing in mind I can't remember when I last watched any Premier League football and so I'm quite ignorant, can somebody explain the aversion to Dyche?

fourdoors

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:08 am

The Sun are reporting that we will go for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and that he is insisting we bring in Maguire and McTominay from Man Utd.

Unusually for that particular newspaper, they seem to be just making up any old shit and printing it, presumably because they know nobody in Liverpool will be reading it.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:22 am

fourdoors wrote:Bearing in mind I can't remember when I last watched any Premier League football and so I'm quite ignorant, can somebody explain the aversion to Dyche?

Annoying voice. And he doesn't look like Jodie Comer.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:28 am

fourdoors wrote:Bearing in mind I can't remember when I last watched any Premier League football and so I'm quite ignorant, can somebody explain the aversion to Dyche?

He's not actually terrible but he's in the fat sam mould. Pragmatic football for the slender of talent. In many ways perfect for us, but in other ways I think our fans have such an unrealistic expectation of the level of football we should be playing at that it'll just go toxic. In many ways we're our own worst enemies. Look what we did last year when everyone got behind the team.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:30 am

hairy cataract wrote:The Sun are reporting that we will go for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and that he is insisting we bring in Maguire and McTominay from Man Utd.

Unusually for that particular newspaper, they seem to be just making up any old shit and printing it, presumably because they know nobody in Liverpool will be reading it.

Reading the sun! I'm dobbing you in to the scouse police, hairy. You'll be cancelled, i tell you, cancelled!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:37 am

He's perceived, somewhat unfairly I think, as a long ball merchant. He's smarter than that. His playing style is direct and very pragmatic but he's not as bad as Allardyce for shameless punting of the ball 70 yards, in my opinion. I recall a Dyche quote where he compared the stereotype of "long ball" Burnley and the "incisive long pass" of the likes of Liverpool, suggesting (rightly IMO) that this was a form of football snobbery. Liverpool basically won the league by knocking it long into the channels for Salah and Mane to run after.

At Burnley he was very defensive though. He'd generally play 4-4-2 and ensure that his wide midfielders worked back. He likes two fairly big lads up top. And he likes to harry the oppo and deny them space when they're in possession. They were always very organised, Burnley. But unlike, say, Bielsa, he's happy to do that harrying in his own half with the two lines of four in position. Bielsa likes to win back possession further up - higher risk, higher reward, as it leaves space in behind but it's obviously more threatening if you can win the ball back in the opposition third.

How much of that defensiveness was down to him being at Burnley and thinking that's the only option he had, or whether it's his core footballing philosophy, I don't know. But one thing I recall from Dyche's time at Burnley is that they'd often take points against the big clubs. Given that we've just lost to virtually every single fellow struggler around us, and given our forthcoming fixtures, that might be something to consider.

It won't be pretty, Dyche at Everton. It might just be effective though. I think he'd unite the dressing room, and won't suffer fools or those who don't do the graft. Like Bielsa, I'm not sure he'd have the time to implement his style for the remainder of this season and keep us up. Like Bielsa, I could see him getting us back up at the first time of asking.

This isn't necessarily me advocating for Dyche, incidentally. I don't know who is out there, available, who would do a better job. Just trying to give an honest assessment of Dyche here based on what I've seen. I wouldn't be outraged if he got it, let's put it that way.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:40 am

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:The Sun are reporting that we will go for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and that he is insisting we bring in Maguire and McTominay from Man Utd.

Reading the sun! I'm dobbing you in to the scouse police, hairy. You'll be cancelled, i tell you, cancelled!

Surely it would have been acceptable if he'd typed "The S*n" rather than "The S...." ah shit, I can't type it.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:52 am

I've had a re-think on Bielsa after I read this ... sign him !!

In 1992, when Marcelo Bielsa was manager of Newell's, the club lost 6-0 and angry ultras turned up outside his house.
He came to the front door in his pyjamas, with a GRENADE in his hand, and threatened to pull the pin if they didn't leave

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 26 Jan 2023, 11:59 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Surely it would have been acceptable if he'd typed "The S*n" rather than "The S...." ah shit, I can't type it.

But I only buy it for the tits! And the topless page 3 girl too of course.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 26 Jan 2023, 12:19 pm

Oh, and just to get it in first, DYCHE OUT!!!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 26 Jan 2023, 1:01 pm

Tonteau wrote:

I am prepared to listen to any action that the group feel needs to be raised. Given the accused's nature it might be quite a funny diversion...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 26 Jan 2023, 1:06 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Several media reports this morning that Erwin Rommel is OUT OF THE RACE due to him having committed suicide in 1944 following his alleged role in the Stauffenberg plot to kill Hitler. Fuck. Back to the drawing board for me.

lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 26 Jan 2023, 1:24 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I am prepared to listen to any action that the group feel needs to be raised. Given the accused's nature it might be quite a funny diversion...
burn the heretic

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next