606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 34 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  hairy cataract Tue 08 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:The buyout clause was taken out when he signed his new contract with us.

It's all bullshit journo rubbish as usual.

Bullshit journo rubbish that you need a subscription to read, don't you know!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20951691

Now Beeb are reporting it!

At least they're saying it's probably more than £22m. Hope it's more than £30m too.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 34 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 08 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:The buyout clause was taken out when he signed his new contract with us.

However, there is a fee that could trigger a deal - but it is believed to be higher than £22m.

....hopefully a lot higher

Number of posts : 41056

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:29 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

However, there is a fee that could trigger a deal - but it is believed to be higher than £22m.

Every player on the planet has a fee that would trigger a deal.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:36 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

Not all have one written in that means the club has to sell at that price.

I'm worried that this information has been leaked. That means someone wants a deal to be done.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6847
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:49 pm

Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

I'm worried that this information has been leaked. That means someone wants a deal to be done.

No, but if someone said.....here's 5M for Naismith, or 40M for Baines, that type of thing, you'd bite their hands off.

I'm not so sure Everton would be in the business of putting a fee in to trigger an automatic sale, afterall, they usually do well selling players, so why limit it?

Surely if Fellaini does well and commands a bigger fee then everyone wins?

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 08 Jan 2013, 10:52 pm

Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

No, but if someone said.....here's 5M for Naismith, or 40M for Baines, that type of thing, you'd bite their hands off.

I'm not so sure Everton would be in the business of putting a fee in to trigger an automatic sale, afterall, they usually do well selling players, so why limit it?

Could have just been a part of the negotiations. It's done all the time in Spain, looks like it's happening more in the Premier League.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:51 pm

Lumper wrote:
Lumper wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

Could have just been a part of the negotiations. It's done all the time in Spain, looks like it's happening more in the Premier League.
I seem to recall J5 talking to the Dutch press when on International duty a year or so ago, saying he didn't expect a move as he didn't have a buy-out clause in his own contract.
Maybe we were resisting the tide of player power, but have caved in, in soem cases?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:07 pm

Perhaps a bid will come in and Fellaini will turn it down. After all he wants to stay as long as we want him, he was quoted saying so himself Rolling Eyes
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

Fellaini Drama. Day 10:

Chelsea could sign Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini by the end of the week, according to French newspaper L'Equipe.

They report that the 25-year old will sign a five-year deal with the club, for a fee of £22m. He will earn £4m a year.

However, Manchester United could still hijack the deal.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

or...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/01/10/3662028/chelsea-preparing-to-trigger-fellainis-25m-plus-release?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

at least his price is going up in this article - over £25m now.

On the one hand, this could be brilliant investigative journalism. On the other hand, they might have read reports that Everton sources claim the release clause trigger is higher than £22m and have made up a number.

Hmmm, which one could it be?

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:58 pm

hairy cataract wrote:or...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/01/10/3662028/chelsea-preparing-to-trigger-fellainis-25m-plus-release?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

at least his price is going up in this article - over £25m now.

On the one hand, this could be brilliant investigative journalism. On the other hand, they might have read reports that Everton sources claim the release clause trigger is higher than £22m and have made up a number.

Hmmm, which one could it be?

The former presumably. I would have thought the budget at goal.com allows for thorough investigations on a par with that bloke who used to knock around and solve Perry Mason's cases for him.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

Ask yourself this : why do you think Fellaini signed a 5 year contract?

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm

Bryan wrote:Ask yourself this : why do you think Fellaini signed a 5 year contract?

To get to the other side.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:46 pm

Lumper wrote:
Bryan wrote:Ask yourself this : why do you think Fellaini signed a 5 year contract?

To give his hair enough time to grow

Number of posts : 41056

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:48 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Lumper wrote:

Is it Hibs?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:55 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Lumper wrote:

Is it Hibs?

lol! to all the above
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 34 Empty Kopite meets Marouane

Post  Lumper Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:40 pm

lol!
Ding Dong.

"Arh hey Fee, get that will yer." That ding dong and request to answer the door was the starting gun to one the most random and bizarre events of my life.

It was a usual Saturday. Bit of a lie in. Pick the teams for the footy coupon. Go for a run around Sefton Park. Watch Soccer Saturday and see the teams I chose fail to match my coupon (including, coincidentally, Everton who proceeded to draw with Swansea against my home win). Have some tea round the kitchen table. It was a nice tea as well, because it was bordering on Arctic conditions outside. Scouse was a bloody good choice.

Ding dong.

As per the norm, I'd finished tea first entirely due to the reason, as I am often reminded, that I tend not to breathe when eating due to the fact that there's food in front of me. John, my father-in-law, still maintains that I’m a growing lad, despite being far from a growing age. Therefore, at John's request, it was left to me to get the door as everyone else was still eating. "Who's this now!?" I'm thinking as I walk to the door. It's too late for any of the brother-in-laws to turn up as they have young children that will no doubt be in the onset of being bribed to sleep. I open the door, expecting at the very least some double glazing salesman. What I didn't expect to see was Marouane Fellaini.

"Er, hello mate...?" That was the best I could muster in my bemusement. Why, WHY, was the best player (yes, he's better than Baines) in the Everton squad, Marouane Fellaini, at my door? Surely, this is a wind up. Yes, of course. My younger brother plays for the Everton under 14's and is a ball boy at the Everton matches. He must be getting a lift or something and has decided to play a practical joke on me, seeing as I'm a very proud and outspoken Liverpool supporter. It must be that.

"My friend! My car is broken, can you help?" Marouane says. Ah. Here we go. My younger brother will be stood round the side of the house, ready to have a laugh. So, I play along. However, there's no sign of my brother. Marouane's tire on his car which is parked right outside my house, however, is quite a sight. What's left of it anyway.

It transpires that Marouane is on his way to the airport and he's had a blow-out. He's late and needs a taxi as soon as, or he'll miss his flight. He's asked if he can leave the car outside our house until he's back on Wednesday. So, despite my entire leanings as a Red, decide to listen to the good guy in my brain and help him out. "Tell you what Marouane. Put the car on our drive. I'll watch it until you're back." This was partly a selfish act. I'm bricking it leaving that car outside our house on the road really. Thieves and all that. It is an L postcode I live in, after all.

So. I go in to get someone to sort the taxi while I move me car. I didn't do well to quell the audiences pending excitement. "Right. Marouane Fellaini is at the door. His cars broke down. Can someone ring Delta for a taxi?" John, being a Bluenose, lights up like a beacon, jumping up with a verve I've not seen, since, ever. Cars are subsequently moved and John's brought his luggage in the house. He follows that up with, and I'll never forget this for as long as I live: "C'mon Mario, get inside lad!" Thankfully, he laughed and hopefully not thinking we were all mental, came in the house while he waited for the taxi.

"My friend, take my number. I call you next week to pick up my car." Have to admit, I thought I was 'cool as' in swapping numbers and didn't stop to think that I would soon have, arguably, currently one of the best Premiership footballers telephone number effectively on speed dial. Anyway, Delta has arrived. Now, the taxi drivers face was a picture when I'm seeing Marouane to the car, saying goodbyes and Marouane offering his thanks for our help.

After the excitement has died down in our house, including what was left of John’s tea being thrown out in the hysteria and a conversation between the females of the house regarding the cost of the Louis Vuitton luggage that was briefly in our hall, I soon get a text from Marouane. "Thank you mate for everything." Now that was surreal. Even though he plays for the enemy, Everton, I'm getting a text from a proper, honest to God footballer. What the hell just happened? Of all the streets in the whole of Liverpool, Fellaini knocks on my door. Does it get any more random? A ring of the doorbell and now I'm officially minding Marouane Fellaini's car for him. I can't get my head around it really. I do the only thing that makes sense right at that moment. I ring my Dad. Quite apt that I find him in The Wilmslow, a pub overlooking Goodison. He's a Blue as well and he's been the match. He's currently nursing a pint and has had a bit of excitement himself as he's looking after Dwight Tiendalli's shirt that my younger brother managed to get from the Swansea team. He actually wanted Michu's. Dad's laughing his head off as I tell him what's just happened. "Only something like this could happen to you, lad!" It's about right.

Fast forward to Wednesday. John's not left the house since Saturday and because he can’t pronounce Marouane’s first name or reverts to calling him Mario for ease, he’s got a card with ‘Marrow – Ann’ written on it, just in case he turns up unannounced. I've regaled the story in work to colleagues and to friends, with a few deciding that the tale is a bit too far-fetched (Liam Sheridan, I'm looking at you). Marouane is texting me, letting me know that he's going to get the car fixed on Thursday, then he'll pick it up later that evening. He's very thankful for the help we've given him. This all still feels very, very odd and I suppose now the events of Saturday have sunk in, I have to admit it felt just a little bit cool.

True to his word, Marouane arrives at ours on Thursday. Just as I'm stepping out of the shower. Great. Quick dry off and clobber on, I head downstairs to say my hellos. Has to be said, he's a thoroughly nice lad. Very polite and really grateful for the help we've given. He knows I'm a Red so he's promised John some tickets to a match and an Everton shirt. He took part in some obligatory photos and signed a shirt for my best mate’s son, who turned 1 on Tuesday just gone. He's already being indoctrinated in the ways of being bitter. Poor mite. Some of the rewards people have thought I would get for helping him out have been frankly madness, ranging from £1000 to the whole car I looked after, which is worth a hell of a lot more. I was happy with just a photo and a thank you to be honest. Hopefully it's filled my good deed quota for a while, especially given my footballing allegiance. I didn’t even notice, but it was pointed out to me that I still managed to keep a Red Bird on my chest on our photo together. Even if it is a seagull rather than a Liverbird.

Marouane and I moved the cars again to allow him to get going and said our goodbyes, him offering his thanks again and a promise that he won't forget. Like I've said, he's a nice, well-mannered lad; his Mother must be proud. The snow is falling so he's got to clear the windows of his car. He's doing it with some kind of red top, a shirt maybe. For a fleeting moment in my head, from where I'm stood, it looks very familiar to me.... It's not. Its surely not.

Is it...?

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 34 IMG_1631
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:52 pm

How did Fellaini get 4 days off???

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:08 pm

Great story.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 09 Feb 2013, 7:49 am

Everton's Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, has told Chelsea to make a bid for him if they are serious about signing him.
Full story: The Sun

I know it from the S&N but scratch

Is he fit for tomorrow 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 34 Confused
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:02 am

The President wrote:Everton's Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, has told Chelsea to make a bid for him if they are serious about signing him.
Full story: The Sun

I know it from the S&N but scratch

Is he fit for tomorrow 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 34 Confused

I was reading a story yesterday where he said he had not clause in he's contract ( as reported 22 mil ) and he had heard that other clubs like Chelsea are interested in him, he also said know one had bid for him and that was fine because he is happy at Everton!!

Everton’s chances of hanging on to Marouane Fellaini have been significantly enhanced after he denied having an escape agreement in his contract.

It was widely believed the inspirational midfielder could be bought for £22million and that Chelsea and Arsenal were ready to lead the chase to trigger the supposed clause at the end of the season.

But Fellaini insisted there was no fixed amount written into his Goodison Park agreement and gave Everton a further boost, ahead of their Old Trafford showdown with leaders Manchester United, by hinting that a Champions League place would be enough to banish any thoughts of leaving.

Speaking after sitting out Belgium’s game with Slovakia, with a hip injury that threatens his involvement on Sunday, the 25-year old admitted there were ‘all sorts’ of clauses in a contract that runs until the summer of 2016.

The main one is believed to involve a willingness by Everton to enter into talks with any Champions League club making an approach for him, though crucially it now seems they do not have to accept an amount that is generally regarded as being well below his market value.

In a revealing insight into how he sees his future, Everton’s £15million signing from Standard Liege made no secret of knowing all about Chelsea’s long-running interest and bluntly told them to match it with deeds or back off. Everton are even more concerned about Arsenal’s intentions, with Arsene Wenger earmarking Fellaini’s physical presence as the missing link in midfield, but both clubs could miss out, if David Moyes’ side secure a top-four finish.

‘I have heard about Chelsea monitoring me, but I have never spoken with them,’ Fellaini told Belgian media outlet sportwereld.be. ‘Throughout my time at Everton, there has been word on the grapevine of interest from some of England’s top teams, but I have never personally sat round the table with any of them.

‘If Chelsea want me, they need to come up with something, but they have not done so far. For now, I am very happy with Everton. We are fifth, and if we can climb just one more place, and stay there, we can look forward to playing in the Champions’ League. Would that make me stay? Maybe yes, because Everton are the team who brought me to England. I have a very good relationship with the manager and my team-mates, and the club are like my family.

‘People are talking about Chelsea as if I have already signed, but I am an Everton player, and maybe I will finish the three years left on my contract. If I do end up leaving, it would be up to the club to decide on the price. I have all sorts of clauses in my contract, but there is no fixed fee for releasing me.

‘The Premier League is the best in the world, but I don’t have a dream team I want to go to. If I do leave Everton, it would be to a club who really want me and a manager who has really good plans for me. People seem to think that Eden Hazard’s presence at Chelsea might tip it their way. He is a very good friend, but so too are Mousa Dembele and Christian Benteke, so that wouldn’t influence anything.’

Fellaini was pilloried for spending Sunday night, and the early hours of Monday morning, at trendy nightspot Carre, midway between Brussels and Antwerp, after flying to Belgium in the wake of Everton’s 3-3 draw with Aston Villa.

There were no complaints from Belgium coach Marc Wilmots, after Fellaini reported in on time at 2pm that afternoon, and the player himself could not understand all the fuss, as he said: ‘I scored twice against Villa in what was a very tough game, so just tell me something. If you have a particularly hectic week in the office, wouldn’t you go out at the end of it and unwind a bit? It is just the same in football, and I’m not the only one to have gone out after a hard match.

‘I comply with all my responsibilities as a professional footballer, so in my private life and free time, I do what I want. In England, I don’t go out all that much. The games are so physically demanding that I need a lot of rest, and there is also the problem of people wanting to come up and speak to you all the time.

‘At least I am not as famous or popular as Wayne Rooney, but I have got a hairstyle that stands out. That, plus the fact I have been at Everton five years now, means I do tend to get spotted in the street these days.’

Fellaini admitted his hopes of facing United are in the balance, after missing the Slovakia game with a hip injury he picked up against Villa.

‘It still hurts, and it was impossible for me to play against Slovakia,’ he said. ‘My health is the most important thing, but if I can make it, I certainly will, because I love playing against United. I scored in a 1-0 win against them at Goodison on the opening weekend of the season, and it was a little bit my match. I couldn’t have done it without my team-mates, though, and I hope to be out there with them again on Sunday. We will just have to wait and see.’
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:27 am

It doesnt really matter what he says or what is reported, bottom line he is a huge salable asset approaching his peek and from an economical point of view I cant see any reason why the board wont sell him in the summer unless......we make the Champions League or get a big cash injection. If Moyes is still here I trust he could pick up 3-4 decent players for the money we would get for him. Everything Fellaini says, no matter what he says is just keeping the narrative alive. We see it at every club when the player feels he has outgrown his stay and wants to push on to the next level. He'll continue to say he is happy but behind the scenes the groundwork is been done. Sad but a fact of life.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:38 am

Assuming the quotes are real, he sound sensible and honest to me. Judging from that story about him leaving his car at some lad's house, he seems a decent down-to-earth bloke. I've always said Wenger could build a team around him and, if I was a Gooner, I'd be furious that they haven't stepped in with a £25m bid. They can afford it, and they can't afford to slide further off the pace.

It'd be great if he stayed another season, but I'd be surprised if we don't cash in come the summer. Depends who is in charge at Chelsea, and Arsenal for that matter. I think we have more chance of hanging on to Baines, but we'll see.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 09 Feb 2013, 10:49 am

Either we keep him and have one of the best midfielders in the PL, or we sell him and raise £25-30m. Its win-win for us.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 24 Feb 2013, 8:38 am

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, admits he still has a burning desire to join Chelsea.
Full story: Sunday People

He will have to start playing again for them to be interested
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next