606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 18 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Super Wed 10 Nov 2010, 8:03 am

Could be back this evening.....

David Moyes is considering an immediate return for Marouane Fellaini against Bolton Wanderers tonight, after admitting his profligate Everton team have left him sickened by the sight of the Premier League table.

Fellaini is available for the first time in four weeks having recovered from a hamstring tear and, with Moyes's patience tested by another wasteful display in the 2-2 draw at Blackpool on Saturday, is in contention to face Owen Coyle's side. Everton are unbeaten in six league games and sit only three points beneath fifth-placed Newcastle United, but the opportunities wasted this season and their failure to profit in a congested division have dismayed the Goodison manager.

"It galls me when I think of the points we have dropped," Moyes said. "I look at the table and say to myself that I should certainly be much closer to the top than I am. I have said this to the players and I said it to them again at the weekend. We are making lots of opportunities and moments where our approach play is good, but if the final pass or final finish isn't going to be right, it's going to count for nothing."

An Everton frontline striker has scored only one of the team's 12 league goals this season – Yakubu Ayegbeni's winner against Stoke City on 30 October – but Moyes said his irritation is not confined to the attack. "My patience will start to evaporate if I don't start to see some results because in the end it affects everyone," he said. "All the players need to play their part, not just the forwards. I said to the boys the other day: 'Isn't it about time someone got on the end of a corner kick?' We've spoken about the forwards, but the other players need to chip in with some goals as well."

Fellaini was expected to be out for six weeks after damaging a hamstring playing for Belgium against Austria last month and while Moyes believes his record signing suits a deeper midfield role, he does provide an option to change the Everton attack. Moyes said: "Ideally we would play him a bit deeper but I went to the Belgium game where he played behind the striker and he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. The games will decide where we play him."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38109
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 18 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Armchair Wed 10 Nov 2010, 12:03 pm

Super wrote:Could be back this evening.....

David Moyes is considering an immediate return for Marouane Fellaini against Bolton Wanderers tonight, after admitting his profligate Everton team have left him sickened by the sight of the Premier League table.

Fellaini is available for the first time in four weeks having recovered from a hamstring tear and, with Moyes's patience tested by another wasteful display in the 2-2 draw at Blackpool on Saturday, is in contention to face Owen Coyle's side. Everton are unbeaten in six league games and sit only three points beneath fifth-placed Newcastle United, but the opportunities wasted this season and their failure to profit in a congested division have dismayed the Goodison manager.

"It galls me when I think of the points we have dropped," Moyes said. "I look at the table and say to myself that I should certainly be much closer to the top than I am. I have said this to the players and I said it to them again at the weekend. We are making lots of opportunities and moments where our approach play is good, but if the final pass or final finish isn't going to be right, it's going to count for nothing."

An Everton frontline striker has scored only one of the team's 12 league goals this season – Yakubu Ayegbeni's winner against Stoke City on 30 October – but Moyes said his irritation is not confined to the attack. "My patience will start to evaporate if I don't start to see some results because in the end it affects everyone," he said. "All the players need to play their part, not just the forwards. I said to the boys the other day: 'Isn't it about time someone got on the end of a corner kick?' We've spoken about the forwards, but the other players need to chip in with some goals as well."

Fellaini was expected to be out for six weeks after damaging a hamstring playing for Belgium against Austria last month and while Moyes believes his record signing suits a deeper midfield role, he does provide an option to change the Everton attack. Moyes said: "Ideally we would play him a bit deeper but I went to the Belgium game where he played behind the striker and he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. The games will decide where we play him."

Hard to do that when Arteta can't get it beyond the near post!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22555
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 10 Nov 2010, 1:54 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Super wrote:Could be back this evening.....

Hard to do that when Arteta can't get it beyond the near post!
It was good to see Baines take some of the corners from the left. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 11 Nov 2010, 10:47 am

Belgian midfielder Fellaini is now set for a three-match ban and Moyes had no problem with Phil Dowd’s decision to send him off.

“No complaints,” he added. “It was the right decision. Marouane retaliated and it was stupid, he shouldn’t do it. I do think maybe it was a foul on him to begin with but it was the correct decision.”
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Thu 11 Nov 2010, 11:50 am

Super wrote:
Belgian midfielder Fellaini is now set for a three-match ban and Moyes had no problem with Phil Dowd’s decision to send him off.

“No complaints,” he added. “It was the right decision. Marouane retaliated and it was stupid, he shouldn’t do it. I do think maybe it was a foul on him to begin with but it was the correct decision.”

and a fine.

mind you he was battered last night by bolton, so it's understandable.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov 2010, 12:01 pm

Bryan wrote:
Super wrote:

and a fine.

mind you he was battered last night by bolton, so it's understandable.

People know he gets wound up easily, so they target him. He also get held in the area constantly and never gets a penalty.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Nov 2010, 12:46 pm

I know it's not an either or situation - but who would you rather have at Goodison next season, Fellaini or Rodwell?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 11 Nov 2010, 1:14 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I know it's not an either or situation - but who would you rather have at Goodison next season, Fellaini or Rodwell?

fellaini
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:03 pm

treblA wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I know it's not an either or situation - but who would you rather have at Goodison next season, Fellaini or Rodwell?

fellaini

Obviously, each to their own, and we are all entitled to our opinion. Even if its wrong. And you are clearly wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Not right, but wrong. Incorrect. Mistaken. Though you are entitled to your own (wrong) opinion.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:07 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
treblA wrote:

fellaini

Obviously, each to their own, and we are all entitled to our opinion. Even if its wrong. And you are clearly wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Not right, but wrong. Incorrect. Mistaken. Though you are entitled to your own (wrong) opinion.
get rid of them both & buy a player who can play the full season for us... when these two aren't fucking injured they're suspended !!... ok, I know that's not completely true about Rodders... but Felli is a twat after last night... a fucking liability... sell the clown afro

Number of posts : 41048

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:10 pm

Fellaini is class. Simple as. Anyone who can't see that needs their head checking. It was a fecking daft thing to do, but it wasn't the reason we didn't win the match.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:28 pm

He's a class chump. He's got the brains of one of Big Dunc's pigeons, only he's much more likely to shit on his team-mates.

SELL HIM!!!!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:35 pm

Tonteau wrote:Fellaini is class. Simple as. Anyone who can't see that needs their head checking. It was a fecking daft thing to do, but it wasn't the reason we didn't win the match.
I dunno anymore Tonts... I've always been a Felli fan, but I'm tired of him... he keeps on getting suspended for stupid stuff.. this isn't the first ridiculous red he's had... he's always injured as well... I know the Shite greek hippy tackle was horrific & would have floored David Haye for a month, but fucking hell... If I could have Van Der Vaart instead of Felli I wouldn't hesitate... and there are probably another 5 or 6 prem midfielders I'd swap at this point for him... sorry to disgree mate, but he's in real danger of turning into another expensive flop

I'm bored with giving these 'stars' another month... because they'll come good.... they cost a fortune & get paid a fortune & they need to perform NOW !

Others in the cost a fortune category are Johnnie 5 & Bily... it's not good enough !
25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 18 492325

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:39 pm

Isn't this is first red card?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:40 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Fellaini is class. Simple as. Anyone who can't see that needs their head checking. It was a fecking daft thing to do, but it wasn't the reason we didn't win the match.
I dunno anymore Tonts... I've always been a Felli fan, but I'm tired of him... he keeps on getting suspended for stupid stuff.. this isn't the first ridiculous red he's had... he's always injured as well... I know the Shite greek hippy tackle was horrific & would have floored David Haye for a month, but fucking hell... If I could have Van Der Vaart instead of Felli I wouldn't hesitate... and there are probably another 5 or 6 prem midfielders I'd swap at this point for him... sorry to disgree mate, but he's in real danger of turning into another expensive flop

I'm bored with giving these 'stars' another month... because they'll come good.... they cost a fortune & get paid a fortune & they need to perform NOW !

Others in the cost a fortune category are Johnnie 5 & Bily... it's not good enough !
Can you remind me of the other times he's been sent off for Everton?
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Nov 2010, 2:45 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

ok, I'm probably wrong there, but how many games has he been suspended for, for yellows?... I still think he's close to becoming a liability that we can't afford

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov 2010, 3:39 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

ok, I'm probably wrong there, but how many games has he been suspended for, for yellows?... I still think he's close to becoming a liability that we can't afford

I'm tired of him not playing, but he's great when he's on the pitch, his passing's top and he breaks up the play well. Hairy hated him from the moment he set eyes on him and even he had to admit he was looking boss for parts of last season before he got crocked. His nature is aggressive, it's part of what makes him great and it also part of what causes problems, but Moyes will have his eye on him and look to get it sorted. I hate to say be patient, but when you're an evertonian, being patient is sometimes all you can do. Who would you play instead of him in the holding role, given everyone's fit?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Nov 2010, 4:16 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

I'm tired of him not playing, but he's great when he's on the pitch, his passing's top and he breaks up the play well. Hairy hated him from the moment he set eyes on him and even he had to admit he was looking boss for parts of last season before he got crocked. His nature is aggressive, it's part of what makes him great and it also part of what causes problems, but Moyes will have his eye on him and look to get it sorted. I hate to say be patient, but when you're an evertonian, being patient is sometimes all you can do. Who would you play instead of him in the holding role, given everyone's fit?
Personally I'd play Rodders first choice in that role, then Felli 2nd choice, Johnnie 3rd choice & Pip last choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov 2010, 4:31 pm

Rodders problem is that he doesn't have the aggression for the role. He's a little too timid.

And he's not as strong on the ball.

And his ball distribution isn't as good.

And he's not as good in the air.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Nov 2010, 4:36 pm

Tonteau wrote:Rodders problem is that he doesn't have the aggression for the role. He's a little too timid.

I hadn't realised he was so weak in all these areas... I guess that explains why Manure & Chavski are chasing him every transfer window Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 11 Nov 2010, 4:41 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Rodders problem is that he doesn't have the aggression for the role. He's a little too timid.

I hadn't realised he was so weak in all these areas... I guess that explains why Manure & Chavski are chasing him every transfer window Wink

Doesn't score enough goals either.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov 2010, 5:05 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

He's a good footballer I just don't see him as a defensive midfielder is all. Not like Felliani, anyways.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 11 Nov 2010, 5:06 pm

i agree. fellaini is better in all these areas
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 11 Nov 2010, 5:15 pm

Rodwell is really a much more attack minded player. He likes taking on the defence and take a pop on goal. When was the last time we said that about Felli? Therefore I think it's hard to compare the two as they are not really the same type of midfielders.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov 2010, 5:18 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Rodwell is really a much more attack minded player. He likes taking on the defence and take a pop on goal. When was the last time we said that about Felli? Therefore I think it's hard to compare the two as they are not really the same type of midfielders.

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side
Tonteau Today at 17:05

He's a good footballer I just don't see him as a defensive midfielder is all. Not like Felliani, anyways.

Aye, I was specifically talking about the best player for the central holding role.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next