606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

+29
Super
RhinoJagz
Tonteau
Dixie Land
Statman
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
Michael Crosby S74
Knight of Thorgothshire
Bryan
Armchair
hairy cataract
fatboblatch
Helenqu
notepad
VenezuelaBlue
The President
My other LB is a Ferrari
Blue gazza
Yankthattoffee
Diamond
Bluey
Albert
ToffeeDan
toffee_pies
Sir David Moyes
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Brummie No Mates
33 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!! Empty 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXT6xulruhM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfmdXyL50g&feature=related

That will do me!!!

Last edited by Yankthattoffee on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!! Empty Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  The President Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:22 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXT6xulruhM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfmdXyL50g&feature=related

That will do me!!!

And me
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!! Empty Re: 10. Royston Drenthe - flying Dutchman who actually plays!!!!

Post  Tonteau Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:24 am

Aparently he was boss on loan at Hercules last season (Think they got relegated though Rolling Eyes )

He's got Heitinga here, so that may settle him. Although Heitinga is a bit of a gobshite.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:30 am

Tonteau wrote:Aparently he was boss on loan at Hercules last season (Think they got relegated though Rolling Eyes )

He's got Heitinga here, so that may settle him. Although Heitinga is a bit of a gobshite.

and what about this guy (Could be a DM master stroke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHlDVjRuuY&feature=related
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:16 am

Dutch Winger coming to save Everton.

Back in August 2004 are we?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Brummie No Mates Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Dutch Winger coming to save Everton.

Boooo!!! Realist! Laughing
Brummie No Mates
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6680
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Brummie No Mates wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Dutch Winger coming to save Everton.

Boooo!!! Realist! Laughing

Paid for himself, in my eyes, with one cross against the shite. I also officially forgive Gosling
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:44 pm

Talks the talk, let's hope he walks the walk.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hQyc3185inBiU8HStNO5lLufg7UQ?docId=N0138611314876332817A

Royston Drenthe is confident he can make an impact in the Barclays Premier League with Everton.

The Real Madrid winger joined the Toffees on a season-long loan on Wednesday during a busy day transfer deadline day at the Merseyside club. The 24-year-old Dutchman has slipped out of the first-team picture at the Bernabeu and spent last season on loan at Hercules.

Drenthe told the club's website, www.evertonfc.com: "I think that my qualities are English qualities, the way I play football. I have technique and I like to work hard. I think this competition is a perfect competition for me."

He added: "The Spanish league was a good league but different. It is not so fast, it is slow.

"Here it goes fast and I think that is more my style of play."

The former Feyenoord player had become frustrated at Madrid and, even though his move to Everton was frantic as the club tried to beat the deadline, he is pleased it went through.

He added: "It was on the last day but I am feeling really happy, all my family is happy and I think I can do a really good job at Everton.

"I think it is a good team and it is good for my future. I am glad to be here.

"It has been a really difficult month for me, training hard with Real Madrid but not playing with the team. That kind of thing is hard for a player."
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:47 pm

Drenthe vs Villareal

Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

Must be good, we share the same birthday.. Happy Birthday

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

From our friends at the Mail again. Seemingly, just pay him and play him and we should be ok. Very Happy

ROYSTON DRENTHE (Real Madrid to Everton free)
Everton boss David Moyes and dangerous driver Royston Drenthe were made for each other. When being played and paid – two things that were not happening to him at Real Madrid and Hercules respectively – Drenthe will run all day for the cause.
He still has the pace and skill that made him the sensation of the 2007 Under 21 tournament in Holland, all he needs is the discipline of a strong coach.
He turned down a move to Benfica because he wants to play in midfield not at full-back and he has put various driving discretions behind him – most notably the head-on crash with a police car driving away from this Real Madrid debut.
At a proper football club Drenthe could still become a proper player… and Everton, despite being at the bottom of the food chain this transfer window, are still a proper football club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2032764/Cesc-Fabregas-Game-Spains-summer-transfer-XI.html#ixzz1WnN73wsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

Bluejags wrote:From our friends at the Mail again. Seemingly, just pay him and play him and we should be ok. Very Happy

Everton boss David Moyes and dangerous driver Royston Drenthe were made for each other. When being played and paid – two things that were not happening to him at Real Madrid and Hercules respectively – Drenthe will run all day for the cause.
He still has the pace and skill that made him the sensation of the 2007 Under 21 tournament in Holland, all he needs is the discipline of a strong coach.
He turned down a move to Benfica because he wants to play in midfield not at full-back and he has put various driving discretions behind him – most notably the head-on crash with a police car driving away from this Real Madrid debut.
At a proper football club Drenthe could still become a proper player… and Everton, despite being at the bottom of the food chain this transfer window, are still a proper football club.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2032764/Cesc-Fabregas-Game-Spains-summer-transfer-XI.html#ixzz1WnN73wsi

The headline in the Mail was "Foreigner takes English man's job" though.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Bluejags wrote:From our friends at the Mail again. Seemingly, just pay him and play him and we should be ok. Very Happy

The headline in the Mail was "Foreigner takes English man's job" though.

lol!
Resending through the Mail Headline-Outrage-O-Machine:

"Lazy sponging foreigner, leaching off the British taxpayer, takes vulnerable scared English man's job."

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:54 pm

He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:56 pm

Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

Or he loves his time at Goodison Park and we sign him up!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:He's a free agent at the end of the season (so basically we can kiss him goodbye if he plays even half decent).

If he is a free agent can he not start discussing terms with new clubs 6 months prior to his Contract expiring?

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

If he is a free agent can he not start discussing terms with new clubs 6 months prior to his Contract expiring?

The point Tonteau is making is that we are the vehicle for him to put himself in the shop window. If he's any good, another team that can afford his wages will come in for him anyway.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:12 pm

Roy Stone Drenched wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

The point Tonteau is making is that we are the vehicle for him to put himself in the shop window. If he's any good, another team that can afford his wages will come in for him anyway.

I understand that but surely EFC will know quite quickly if he is a Fernandes or a Van Der Meyde and either offer a deal or get rid
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Roy Stone Drenched wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I understand that but surely EFC will know quite quickly if he is a Fernandes or a Van Der Meyde and either offer a deal or get rid

if he plays brilliant for us and then fucks off somewhere else then who cares? we'll have had a great season out of him. at least we know he's going to be trying.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:39 pm

night
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:37 pm

Maybe he'll feel really loved at Everton and want to play on for less wages than he can get elsewhere?

BWAHAHAHA! I crack myself up sometimes.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 07 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Super wrote:
Royston Drenthe says he turned down a host of top European clubs to join Everton on loan. The speedy Real Madrid winger was a summer target for several sides, including Portuguese giants Benfica. Drenthe, 24, said: "I told my agent the only thing I wanted is to go to England. If not, I'd stay in Madrid." "He told me we had interest from Everton but we had to wait until the very end. Real wanted me to go to Benfica but I said, no, I don't want to go to Portugal." "On August 31st, he told me to take my stuff and get the plane to Everton. I was like, thank you God, thank you so much."

He turned down European giants Shamrock Rovers as well.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Super wrote:

He turned down European giants Shamrock Rovers as well.. Very Happy
We should have sent Pienaar and Arteta on loan to Shamrock, get CL footie on their resumes....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 07 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

Super wrote:
Pienaar must have prayed hard for it to come through...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next