Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

Never done one of these so I think its time for a hero to stand up and be counted to try and win us one with a positive opening thread.... but as there are no heroes available i'll do it.

Fulham away is our bogie fixture, All in all this will be our 24th visit to craven cottage, and in the previous 23 visits we have lost 14 of them.

Fulham lie just above us in the league now, which should mean that it will be a chance for us to move ahead of them, but while Fulham's away form is poor (despite a creditable 0-0 draw at chelsea when Alex got sent off) their home form is excellent.

At home Fulham are hard working and full of life, they won their last home game 6-0 against QPR (who have improved since they beat us 1-0 at our place! Sad ).

They also managed to come back from 2-0 down to draw with City at their place, and indeed haven't lost a game at the cottage this season.

So on paper this should be an easy victory for Fulham, afterall Everton's away form is nothing to write home about, our last win was away to Blackburn and that was curtesy of a dodgey penalty and even dodgier Blackburn shooting. And some of the fans are taking it out on Moyes / Kenwright / Cahill, etc.

But in times of crisis, if Everton have problems, if no one else can help, and if we can find them, maybe we can find... a clean sheet a hero!

Hopefully someone will step up to the plate and help turn our season around and get us back on a winning streak....

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can play the redshyte and look like winning
And risk it on a referee's double cross,
And lose, and start again at your beginning
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be an Evertonian, my son!

0-1 to the Blues, Velios 79th minute, top right hand corner - COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

what a long post

2-0, Duff and Murphy. We can't score and we can't keep a clean sheet.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

Let's hope Fulham's Euro excursion is a distraction.
Ditto for our Chavs and Mancky games.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Age : 67
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Albert on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

4-0 fulham. at least we'll win a few in the championship next year.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Age : 36
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

Albert wrote:4-0 fulham. at least we'll win a few in the championship next year.
Go and play with your goats Albert.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Age : 67
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Tonteau on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:55 pm

2-3 McFadden Hattrick.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 113
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:27 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Albert wrote:4-0 fulham. at least we'll win a few in the championship next year.
Go and play with your goats Albert.
lol! lol! lol!

And yeah, I'll take a draw at the moment....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Albert wrote:4-0 fulham. at least we'll win a few in the championship next year.
Go and play with your goats Albert.

8.7/11
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:38 pm

0-2 McFadden + Hibbert Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34703
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Super on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:48 pm

Tonteau wrote:2-3 McFadden Hattrick.

Woo hoo!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Age : 42
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  The President on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

IF ever there was a time to break this Fulham away jinx - IT IS NOW

They've had a game midweek
So COME ON YOU BLUES
Cleansheet

0-2 cheers
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:22 pm

The President wrote:IF ever there was a time to break this Fulham away jinx - IT IS NOW

They've had a game midweek
So COME ON YOU BLUES
Cleansheet

0-2 cheers

Good point about Fulham's Euro trip Pres. Hoping that some of their players are knackered and we can take advantage. Wish that he hadn't rested Zamora, Murphy and Dempsey but we will hopefully be the fitter side.

I would lke to see us play 2 strikers and give Cahill a week off. I think that Saha has looked pretty good in the last couple of weeks and having Vellios next to him would only help this. Vellios also surely deserves a start.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  The President on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:24 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
The President wrote:IF ever there was a time to break this Fulham away jinx - IT IS NOW

They've had a game midweek
So COME ON YOU BLUES
Cleansheet

0-2 cheers

Good point about Fulham's Euro trip Pres. Hoping that some of their players are knackered and we can take advantage. Wish that he hadn't rested Zamora, Murphy and Dempsey but we will hopefully be the fitter side.

I would lke to see us play 2 strikers and give Cahill a week off. I think that Saha has looked pretty good in the last couple of weeks and having Vellios next to him would only help this. Vellios also surely deserves a start.

I really hope he starts
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:29 pm

The President wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
The President wrote:IF ever there was a time to break this Fulham away jinx - IT IS NOW

They've had a game midweek
So COME ON YOU BLUES
Cleansheet

0-2 cheers

Good point about Fulham's Euro trip Pres. Hoping that some of their players are knackered and we can take advantage. Wish that he hadn't rested Zamora, Murphy and Dempsey but we will hopefully be the fitter side.

I would lke to see us play 2 strikers and give Cahill a week off. I think that Saha has looked pretty good in the last couple of weeks and having Vellios next to him would only help this. Vellios also surely deserves a start.

I really hope he starts

I think most of us do mate.

I also think that we should try giving Drenthe and Barkley/Gueye a start on the wings as well. They could tear a tired Fulham side apart.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:47 pm

It'll be the same side that played at Chelsea probably.

We get to this stage every season it seems, when the fans are desperate for something different, some flair, some excitement. We don't care if we get a hammering, we just want a sniff of something other than dour, one man up front, sideways passing, hump it up for Cahill stuff.

I'd like to see Barkley, Drenthe and Velios get a start or at least 45 mins. But it won't happen.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Bryan on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

0-0

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Age : 41
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:36 pm

Bryan wrote:0-0

That is my gut feeling as well.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Bryan wrote:0-0

That is my gut feeling as well.
I'd be inclined to take that at the moment. I am starting to feel that we really need to start picking up some points before we are dragged into the bottom of the table. pale
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:50 pm

Just listening to Radio City, and Drenthe is in the starting XI.
Good move by DM, I hope.
At least something unpredictable is likely to happen.
Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Confused cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Age : 67
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Just listening to Radio City, and Drenthe is in the starting XI.
Good move by DM, I hope.
At least something unpredictable is likely to happen.
Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Confused cheers


Like a red card in the first 5 minuets affraid
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Age : 44
Location : Germany
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Just listening to Radio City, and Drenthe is in the starting XI.
Good move by DM, I hope.
At least something unpredictable is likely to happen.
Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Confused cheers


Like a red card in the first 5 minuets affraid
Sod off Doc. Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Food-smi
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Age : 67
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Just listening to Radio City, and Drenthe is in the starting XI.
Good move by DM, I hope.
At least something unpredictable is likely to happen.
Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Confused cheers


Like a red card in the first 5 minuets affraid
Sod off Doc. Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Food-smi

Howard
Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Osman, Neville, Fellaini, Rodwell, Drenthe
Vellios.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Just listening to Radio City, and Drenthe is in the starting XI.
Good move by DM, I hope.
At least something unpredictable is likely to happen.
Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Confused cheers


Like a red card in the first 5 minuets affraid
Sod off Doc. Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Food-smi

Howard
Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Osman, Neville, Fellaini, Rodwell, Drenthe
Vellios.

Good bench as well:

Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Bilayletdinov, Stracqualursi, Saha, Coleman, Cahill
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

One step forward, one step back.
Brings in Drenthe and Vellios, but also Neville in midfield.
A Greek army of One.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Age : 67
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:One step forward, one step back.
Brings in Drenthe and Vellios, but also Neville in midfield.
A Greek army of One.

I hope that Osman or Fellaini play as a very attack minded midfielder or Vellios could end up isolated. Not an easy task when you are only making your first start. I would have liked to see Saha start instead of Neville or Hibbert (with the other playing RB) to be honest
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum