606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+34
Knight of Thorgothshire
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
The President
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
SEFTON
Yankthattoffee
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Tonteau
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Gravy & Chips
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
Luka Perfect
Super
Dixie Land
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Statman
anticipate_the_pass
El Pablo
My other LB is a Ferrari
Michael Crosby S74
38 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 25 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  The President Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:51 am

It is the going price for a good proven striker in PL

Just feels a lot for us  pale 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 25 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:55 am

Tonteau wrote:£28m sounds a lot. Because it is. However, if you think of it as swapping Fellaini for Lukaku, then it doesn't seem so bad.
this is true

it's good business

COYB

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:15 am

Diego Costa =32 mill, Lukaku 28 mill not much in it considering Moureen at Chelski didn't fancy the big man. cheers 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:27 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:£28m sounds a lot. Because it is. However, if you think of it as swapping Fellaini for Lukaku, then it doesn't seem so bad.
this is true

it's good business

COYB
Tonts makes sense - so was McCarthy bought with the Arteta money then?  Very Happy 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:30 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
this is true

it's good business

COYB
Tonts makes sense - so was McCarthy bought with the Arteta money then?  Very Happy 

No, probably some from the rodwell-Jelavic-Anichebe money's .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:32 am

sefton wrote:Diego Costa =32 mill, Lukaku 28 mill not much in it considering Moureen at Chelski didn't fancy the big man. cheers 

Fantastic commute to work in London this morning!   Big picture of Rom and Martinez holding up the number 10 shirt on the back page of the Metro!   Everywhere I looked I could see their faces!

They print millions of copies of the paper dailly in London so the audience reach is massive!   It would probably cost a fortune just to get that level of publicity.    Couldnt resist a smug grin on the underground!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
this is true

it's good business

COYB

Where's the Rooney money gone though?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:49 am

Armchair wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
this is true

it's good business

COYB

I think it was the Bakayoko money!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:07 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
this is true

it's good business

COYB

I think it was the Bakayoko money!

We got money for Bakayoko???  affraid 
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:15 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:Diego Costa =32 mill, Lukaku 28 mill not much in it considering Moureen at Chelski didn't fancy the big man. cheers 

Fantastic commute to work in London this morning!   Big picture of Rom and Martinez holding up the number 10 shirt on the back page of the Metro!   Everywhere I looked I could see their faces!

They print millions of copies of the paper dailly in London so the audience reach is massive!   It would probably cost a fortune just to get that level of publicity.    Couldnt resist a smug grin on the underground!

Morning Cahill, which underground line you on? I used to do the Piccadilly & change for wood green every weekend lol, so many miserable faces, read the metro a lot specially after our games.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:22 am

sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Morning Cahill, which underground line you on? I used to do the Piccadilly & change for wood green every weekend lol, so many miserable faces, read the metro a lot specially after our games.

Unfortunately I have to travel from South-East london to West London (White Shitty) every day.  This means I have to use the Jubilee, Victoria and Central line to get to work.   Not as mserable as usual as the weather is really nice which makes everyone a lot happier - gets bloody hot down there in the tunnels though!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Unfortunately I have to travel from South-East london to West London (White Shitty) every day.  This means I have to use the Jubilee, Victoria and Central line to get to work.   Not as mserable as usual as the weather is really nice which makes everyone a lot happier - gets bloody hot down there in the tunnels though!

I know mate even worse in the winter no heating , bloody cold.
I'm in London (Covent Garden-Essex serpent pub) sat, on a Birthday pub crawl.

You got an Oyster card?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:36 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

used to live in Sydenham, but moved out to Beckenham as it was much prettier (and had massively discounted bank sport centres out there)
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:48 am

...yeah, but what about that new shirt?.....

and I don't mean the number 10 (which is neat)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:43 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

used to live in Sydenham, but moved out to Beckenham as it was much prettier (and had massively discounted bank sport centres out there)

I know it well.   I live up the road from there in Forest Hill.  Not sure when you used to live there but the area has changed massively over the past 5 years - now has a tube and a smarter high street.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

The President wrote:It is the going price for a good proven striker in PL

Wasnt aware that Rom has scored more league goals for his age than all the world's best had done at 21!   It nice that we've broken our transfer record on genuine class this time rather than average players in recent years like AJ!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/31/why-romelu-lukaku-is-the-most-significant-signing-in-evertons-history-4816152/
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:51 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

Wasnt aware that Rom has scored more league goals for his age than all the world's best had done at 21!   It nice that we've broken our transfer record on genuine class this time rather than average players in recent years like AJ!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/31/why-romelu-lukaku-is-the-most-significant-signing-in-evertons-history-4816152/

Everton to pay 25million over three years, plus 3 million in addons. cheers 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:56 pm

sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

I believe the £3m add-ons are if Everton qualify for Champions League and win siverware!   Even better!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:56 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

I believe the £3m add-ons are if Everton qualify for Champions League and win siverware!   Even better!

So... £25m it is then  Very Happy 
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 31 Jul 2014, 3:05 pm

Armchair wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

So... £25m it is then  Very Happy 
 Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 25 Bottom Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 25 Bottom Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 25 Bottom 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 31 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

Belgian journalist on Romelu and Henen:

https://soundcloud.com/#radiocity967/sven-claes-lukakuhenenorigi

Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 31 Jul 2014, 3:37 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

I know it well.   I live up the road from there in Forest Hill.  Not sure when you used to live there but the area has changed massively over the past 5 years - now has a tube and a smarter high street.
I was there in the late 80's and it was a bit of a hole in those days, the M25 gang lived around the corner from me and some guy had an axe buried in his head in my local pub, ..... ah yes, those were the days, loved the place, it reminded me of home
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Thu 31 Jul 2014, 5:19 pm

Great buy for the club, shows to other players that we're progressing as well.
Lukaku in for £25 million (I thought it was a lot but if Lallana is valued at £25 million then it's a good price for someone that will get goals) and all our best young players having signed long term deals  Very Happy 

The future is bright with Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, Stones, McCarthy and Besic all young lads and hungry for success  Very Happy 
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 31 Jul 2014, 5:59 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
The future is bright with Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, Stones, McCarthy and Besic all young lads and hungry for success  Very Happy 

And McGeady who is just hungry  Very Happy 
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Thu 31 Jul 2014, 6:44 pm

Armchair wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:

And McGeady who is just hungry  Very Happy 
Very Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing what McGeady after a full pre-season under his belt. He clearly wasn't fit when he arrived in January so hopefully now he can show why Bobbie brought him in!
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next