606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+34
Knight of Thorgothshire
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
The President
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
SEFTON
Yankthattoffee
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Tonteau
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Gravy & Chips
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
Luka Perfect
Super
Dixie Land
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Statman
anticipate_the_pass
El Pablo
My other LB is a Ferrari
Michael Crosby S74
38 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 26 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Helenqu Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:01 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
The future is bright with Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, Stones, McCarthy and Besic all young lads and hungry for success  Very Happy 

And McGeady who is just hungry  Very Happy 
Very Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing what McGeady after a full pre-season under his belt. He clearly wasn't fit when he arrived in January so hopefully now he can show why Bobbie brought him in!

I was impressed with him on the Thai game. Very quick feet.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 26 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Tonteau Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:03 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
The future is bright with Lukaku, Barkley, Coleman, Stones, McCarthy and Besic all young lads and hungry for success  Very Happy 

And McGeady who is just hungry  Very Happy 
Very Happy

I'm looking forward to seeing what McGeady after a full pre-season under his belt. He clearly wasn't fit when he arrived in January so hopefully now he can show why Bobbie brought him in!

I was impressed with him on the Thai game. Very quick feet.

Was impressed with a few of his performances for us towards the end of last season. If he can get really match fit/on his game he'll cause havoc off the bench.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:51 pm

Amid the euphoria, this is view from the other side, which has some credence.

"Tony Cascarino believes Chelsea were right to sell Romelu Lukaku to Everton.
The Belgian forward agreed a £28million club-record switch to the Toffees on Wednesday, following a successful loan spell at Goodison Park last year.
And former Stamford Bridge hitman Cascarino claims it was a good piece of business for the west London club.
“I don’t think Chelsea have made a mistake [by selling Lukaku],” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “He’s 21 and been at Chelsea for a few years [without really breaking though].
“He has a great goal return but a lot of Everton supporters will tell you they want more from Lukaku.
“I’ve seen him in games and thought he has got a lot to learn. His touch needs to be better. Roberto Martinez will try and improve him.
“If he can improve him, then Everton have got a player who can benefit the club hugely.
“It has to be more than last year though. He was a bit of an enigma for Everton.
“I was never quite sure if he was a guy who could dictate games or if he would go missing. Martinez must feel he can make him a much more complete player.”
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 01 Aug 2014, 12:00 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Amid the euphoria, this is view from the other side, which has some credence.

The Belgian forward agreed a £28million club-record switch to the Toffees on Wednesday, following a successful loan spell at Goodison Park last year.
And former Stamford Bridge hitman Cascarino claims it was a good piece of business for the west London club.
“I don’t think Chelsea have made a mistake [by selling Lukaku],” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “He’s 21 and been at Chelsea for a few years [without really breaking though].
“He has a great goal return but a lot of Everton supporters will tell you they want more from Lukaku.
“I’ve seen him in games and thought he has got a lot to learn. His touch needs to be better. Roberto Martinez will try and improve him.
“If he can improve him, then Everton have got a player who can benefit the club hugely.
“It has to be more than last year though. He was a bit of an enigma for Everton.
“I was never quite sure if he was a guy who could dictate games or if he would go missing. Martinez must feel he can make him a much more complete player.”

Name one youth player Jose Mourinho bought through at Chelsea?... apart from John Obi Mikel, cos he's shite. Fact is Jose's a results based manager, apart from the last two seasons where he's been shite. He doesn't have time to develop young players and shape a club to bring through youth, because youth makes errors, and can be flighty. For lukaku, this is the best move, he has a manager that trusts him and will give him time to progress.

That said, cascarino makes some decent points. He needs to start being a presence in every game, not just when he's feeling up for it.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 01 Aug 2014, 7:30 am

It's hard to get a game in the Chelsea first team when you are playing for West Brom and Everton  Rolling Eyes 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Aug 2014, 8:13 am

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Amid the euphoria, this is view from the other side, which has some credence.

Name one youth player Jose Mourinho bought through at Chelsea?... apart from John Obi Mikel, cos he's shite. Fact is Jose's a results based manager, apart from the last two seasons where he's been shite. He doesn't have time to develop young players and shape a club to bring through youth, because youth makes errors, and can be flighty. For lukaku, this is the best move, he has a manager that trusts him and will give him time to progress.

That said, cascarino makes some decent points. He needs to start being a presence in every game, not just when he's feeling up for it.

Agree with all that Tonteau. I think in the euphoria of the signing, it's easy to forget that Luka was very frustrating at times in the second half of the season. I was never sure if it was because he was being used in the wrong way, or because he just wasn't that great, or because he couldn't be arsed at times. Interesting that he said in the press conference that he'd learnt how to play with his back to the goal from Bobby, or something along those lines, but I would rather seem him running at the defence or sliding into the six yard box to finish a cross than holding it up and waiting for a non-existent runner from midfield to break past him.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 01 Aug 2014, 8:28 am

hairberto cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agree with all that Tonteau.  I think in the euphoria of the signing, it's easy to forget that Luka was very frustrating at times in the second half of the season.  I was never sure if it was because he was being used in the wrong way, or because he just wasn't that great, or because he couldn't be arsed at times. Interesting that he said in the press conference that he'd learnt how to play with his back to the goal from Bobby, or something along those lines, but I would rather seem him running at the defence or sliding into the six yard box to finish a cross than holding it up and waiting for a non-existent runner from midfield to break past him.

Martinez has put a lot of trust in Lukaku ,lets hope that Lukaku (now a permanent player at Everton ) settles down and starts to pay something back to the club.
we all know how fickle fans can be, I just hope the price tag doesn't become a burden on his young shoulders.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Aug 2014, 8:44 am

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agree with all that Tonteau.  I think in the euphoria of the signing, it's easy to forget that Luka was very frustrating at times in the second half of the season.  I was never sure if it was because he was being used in the wrong way, or because he just wasn't that great, or because he couldn't be arsed at times. Interesting that he said in the press conference that he'd learnt how to play with his back to the goal from Bobby, or something along those lines, but I would rather seem him running at the defence or sliding into the six yard box to finish a cross than holding it up and waiting for a non-existent runner from midfield to break past him.

Martinez has put a lot of trust in Lukaku ,lets hope that Lukaku (now a permanent player at Everton ) settles down and starts to pay something back to the club.
we all know how fickle fans can be, I just hope the price tag doesn't become a burden on his young shoulders.

It's a huge season for him. The fans will be right behind him but, if he shows signs of not giving it everything or plays like he did in the WC, you can see them starting to get on his back because of the fee. Does he have the mental strength? Reading between the lines, his agent went to Chelsea and said Luka wants to be in with a shout of a starting place or he's off, Chelsea said that ain't happening, Bobby whispers "Daniel Sturridge" in Luka's ear, and Luka reluctantly takes "a step down" and comes to us. Difference is, Sturridge looked great out on loan, but he actually got a chance at Chelsea and didn't perform so was sold at a knock-down price. We've paid top-dollar for Luka because he never actually got the chance to be shit at Chelsea! If we'd waited a season, and he did get the odd game at Chelsea, we might have got him for half the price. Such is life. If he does as well for us as Sturridge did at the Shite last season, then it's all good. On the other hand, we haven't got a Suarez for him to link with. THough we do have a Barkley. And a Nais  cheers 
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 01 Aug 2014, 9:26 am

sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

It's a huge season for him.  The fans will be right behind him but, if he shows signs of not giving it everything or plays like he did in the WC, you can see them starting to get on his back because of the fee. Does he have the mental strength?  Reading between the lines, his agent went to Chelsea and said Luka wants to be in with a shout of a starting place or he's off, Chelsea said that ain't happening, Bobby whispers "Daniel Sturridge" in Luka's ear, and Luka reluctantly takes "a step down" and comes to us.  Difference is, Sturridge looked great out on loan, but he actually got a chance at Chelsea and didn't perform so was sold at a knock-down price.  We've paid top-dollar for Luka because he never actually got the chance to be shit at Chelsea! If we'd waited a season, and he did get the odd game at Chelsea, we might have got him for half the price.  Such is life.  If he does as well for us as Sturridge did at the Shite last season, then it's all good.  On the other hand, we haven't got a Suarez for him to link with.  THough we do have a Barkley.  And a Nais  cheers 

The thing is, even when he's playing shit, Lukaku scores goals - and he has a hunger for them, I agree he's better running at defenders cos they bounce off him and he's fast, and strong and he can shoot - can't pass and has no first touch, but what do you expect for only £28m?  Laughing 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 01 Aug 2014, 9:40 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

It's a huge season for him.  The fans will be right behind him but, if he shows signs of not giving it everything or plays like he did in the WC, you can see them starting to get on his back because of the fee. Does he have the mental strength?  Reading between the lines, his agent went to Chelsea and said Luka wants to be in with a shout of a starting place or he's off, Chelsea said that ain't happening, Bobby whispers "Daniel Sturridge" in Luka's ear, and Luka reluctantly takes "a step down" and comes to us.  Difference is, Sturridge looked great out on loan, but he actually got a chance at Chelsea and didn't perform so was sold at a knock-down price.  We've paid top-dollar for Luka because he never actually got the chance to be shit at Chelsea! If we'd waited a season, and he did get the odd game at Chelsea, we might have got him for half the price.  Such is life.  If he does as well for us as Sturridge did at the Shite last season, then it's all good.  On the other hand, we haven't got a Suarez for him to link with.  THough we do have a Barkley.  And a Nais  cheers 

The thing is, even when  he's playing shit, Lukaku scores goals - and he has a hunger for them, I agree he's better running at defenders cos they bounce off him and he's fast, and strong and he can shoot - can't pass and has no first touch, but what do you expect for only £28m?  Laughing 

You could have said the same about Rush and Lineker in the 80s.   I really hope people dont jump on his back as soon as he has a bad spell and all strikers do.

People forget he's only 21 and still far from the finished article.   That all said I think he will get close to 20 goals next season.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 01 Aug 2014, 11:31 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:Diego Costa =32 mill, Lukaku 28 mill not much in it considering Moureen at Chelski didn't fancy the big man. cheers 

Fantastic commute to work in London this morning!   Big picture of Rom and Martinez holding up the number 10 shirt on the back page of the Metro!   Everywhere I looked I could see their faces!

They print millions of copies of the paper dailly in London so the audience reach is massive!   It would probably cost a fortune just to get that level of publicity.    Couldnt resist a smug grin on the underground!

Morning Cahill, which underground line you on? I used to do the Piccadilly & change for wood green every weekend lol, so many miserable faces, read the metro a lot specially after our games.

Unfortunately I have to travel from South-East london to West London (White Shitty) every day.  This means I have to use the Jubilee, Victoria and Central line to get to work.   Not as mserable as usual as the weather is really nice which makes everyone a lot happier - gets bloody hot down there in the tunnels though!
used to live in Sydenham, but moved out to Beckenham as it was much prettier (and had massively discounted bank sport centres out there)

I know it well.   I live up the road from there in Forest Hill.  Not sure when you used to live there but the area has changed massively over the past 5 years - now has a tube and a smarter high street.
I was there in the late 80's and it was a bit of a hole in those days, the M25 gang lived around the corner from me and some guy had an axe buried in his head in my local pub, ..... ah yes, those were the days, loved the place, it reminded me of home

That not something you ever forget! Yeah - I've heard similar stories to this from some of the old locals who used to live in this area. Apparently East Dulwich and Brockley were also pretty bad back in the day. How times change! Quite a lot of Eastern Europeans there now.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:32 am

Martinez fears Romelu Lukaku, 21, may miss Everton's first match of the season against Leicester City next weekend as the Belgium striker is still feeling the effects of his World Cup campaign. (Times - subscription required) 

How much " rest " do they actually need FFS   Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 26 Confused
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:56 am

Blueberto wrote:Martinez fears Romelu Lukaku, 21, may miss Everton's first match of the season against Leicester City next weekend as the Belgium striker is still feeling the effects of his World Cup campaign. (Times - subscription required) 

How much " rest " do they actually need FFS   Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 26 Confused
fucking ridiculous ... lazy overpaid wankers

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sat 09 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Blueberto wrote:Martinez fears Romelu Lukaku, 21, may miss Everton's first match of the season against Leicester City next weekend as the Belgium striker is still feeling the effects of his World Cup campaign. (Times - subscription required) 

Mind games from RM?
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 09 Aug 2014, 4:38 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?
If we need mind games against Leicester we're truly doomed Neutral 

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sat 09 Aug 2014, 5:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?

First game is always tricky, no matter who you're playing.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 10 Aug 2014, 1:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?

I'm sure he'll be raring to go with it being the first game of the season!  Very Happy 
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 10 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?

I'm sure he'll be raring to go with it being the first game of the season!  Very Happy 
I'm just hoping he hasn't developed the "I've got the big contract so I'll sit on my arse" syndrome.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 10 Aug 2014, 2:47 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?

I'm just hoping he hasn't developed the "I've got the big contract so I'll sit on my arse" syndrome.

Well in fairness, he could have done that at chelsea for the past two seasons, too.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 10 Aug 2014, 9:57 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?

Well in fairness, he could have done that at chelsea for the past two seasons, too.
I think he has a point to prove. He's constantly gone on about wanting to play in the Champions League and he knows he needs to perform to help get us there or to move on to a team that are playing in that competition in the future!
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 10 Aug 2014, 10:44 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Mind games from RM?

I think he has a point to prove. He's constantly gone on about wanting to play in the Champions League and he knows he needs to perform to help get us there or to move on to a team that are playing in that competition in the future!
Fair comments, boys.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:38 pm

Good thing we got this deal wrapped up....

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, 36, could be out for four months with the ankle injury he sustained in the pre-season friendly against Ferencvaros on Sunday.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:44 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Good thing we got this deal wrapped up....

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, 36, could be out for four months with the ankle injury he sustained in the pre-season friendly against Ferencvaros on Sunday.
Maybe we could loan them Kone Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:47 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Are you crazy? Kone is our best striker - why would we want to loan them him!!?? Besides, he'll feature in every game this season for us, you mark my words. He will more than likely score in every game as well.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 13 Aug 2014, 10:39 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Are you crazy? Kone is our best striker - why would we want to loan them him!!?? Besides, he'll feature in every game this season for us, you mark my words. He will more than likely score in every game as well.

+1 Very Happy 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next