606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines)

+26
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Armchair
notepad
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Valentino Blue
SouthernSmugToffee
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Bluey
Tonteau
anticipate_the_pass
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
Dixie Land
Garry Adams
hairy cataract
fatboblatch
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
El Pablo
Sheep Flavour
Michael Crosby S74
Statman
30 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 9 Empty Re: Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines)

Post  The President Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

YES YES YES YES
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 9 Empty Re: Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines)

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

Great fucking win!!!

Well done lads, well done Moyes and, especially, well done TIM HOWARD!!! cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:56 pm

Amazing celebrations at the end from the players
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:56 pm

MOTM - Sylvain Distin / Tim Howard.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:57 pm

Fuck yeah.

Might not have been pretty but we needed a win more than anything else, that will be a massive moral boost. 10 men against one of the main title contenders
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:57 pm

Distin was immense, superb performance.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

BB wrote:MOTM - Sylvain Distin / Tim Howard.

I would agree with that.

I also think that Fellaini and Jagielka did very well but I cant look beyond Howard or Distin for MOTM.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

Great win, loads of heart from the team, Howard MOTM for me, but I don't think Moyes got it right. Citteh will feel well and truly mugged.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

Once again the Blues bust my coupon: Thanks Leighton (and Phil!!) Smile

Agbonlahor's late equaliser at Villa did me (and The Griff) for a 180/1 bet on Lescott 1-0
The 5th goal in the 5-1 win over Hull did me for Arteta 4-1
The failure of Fulham to score one of 2 open goals in the dying minutes of a 4-1 home win (£5 at 50/1 on 4-2 score)
and now £5 on Cahill 1-0 at 65/1

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:59 pm

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

We were battered to be fair but swings and roundabouts - we've hammered enough teams and got nothing so tonight was our turn. And most of their efforts were from long range anyway.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:00 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Great win, loads of heart from the team, Howard MOTM for me, but I don't think Moyes got it right. Citteh will feel well and truly mugged.

I think Moyes got it spot on to be fair. We were never going to out pass or out attack Man City tonight, especially away from home. We needed our defence to play deep and be strong with Fellaini and Rodwell protecting them. We got our 2 goals and then defended like lions. I think if we had gone 2 up top or played a more attacking formation then we would have lost.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:00 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:Right 10 on 10, guess mancini wasn't listening to bb's advice either

It's BB not bb. lol!
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:02 pm

I knew we'd win that. City are shite. Good job Moyes.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:03 pm

Home to Brum next.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:03 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Great win, loads of heart from the team, Howard MOTM for me, but I don't think Moyes got it right. Citteh will feel well and truly mugged.

I think Moyes got it spot on to be fair. We were never going to out pass or out attack Man City tonight, especially away from home. We needed our defence to play deep and be strong with Fellaini and Rodwell protecting them. We got our 2 goals and then defended like lions. I think if we had gone 2 up top or played a more attacking formation then we would have lost.

I think we dropped too deep too early on. If Howard hadn't suddenly re-discovered his form, we would have been on the end of a hammering there. They had 25 shots on goal, 15 of them on target, and on another day would have had a couple of pens too. They were generous to us early on and we took advantage, but after that we played it was just players throwing themselves in front of shots.

A great and very important win, but we also used up all the luck we've been owed this season.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm

2202: So, what does all this mean? Man City stay third in the Premier League, two points behind neighbours Man United having played two games more. Everton move up to 14th, but they are now only six points adrift of Tottenham in fifth.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:06 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

We were battered to be fair but swings and roundabouts - we've hammered enough teams and got nothing so tonight was our turn. And most of their efforts were from long range anyway.

We weren't battered. We knocked the other guy out twice, and then sat on the ropes for 10 rounds soaking up punishment. Anything not to lose.

It might be a win, but I don't follow Everton to get 3 points like that. I follow them because they get stuck in and don't let big teams push us about without a fight.

This is why I shout at Moyes so much. To him, it's 3 points, but to me, it's 70 minutes of thinking WTF?

We both want the same thing, but as a fan, I want to be entertained, and that was not entertaining, but frustrating. Their goal also cost me 8 points.

Dixie for fan of the night. Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 9 Smileyse
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:09 pm

BB wrote:

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

We weren't battered. We knocked the other guy out twice, and then sat on the ropes for 10 rounds soaking up punishment. Anything not to lose.

It might be a win, but I don't follow Everton to get 3 points like that. I follow them because they get stuck in and don't let big teams push us about without a fight.

This is why I shout at Moyes so much. To him, it's 3 points, but to me, it's 70 minutes of thinking WTF?

We both want the same thing, but as a fan, I want to be entertained, and that was not entertaining, but frustrating. Their goal also cost me 8 points.

Dixie for fan of the night. Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 9 Smileyse

cheers cheers cheers

I love games like that to be honest. I love the dogs of war mentality and us showing our steel against a team of so called better players. I love seeing a manager like Mancini and a player like Tevez losing to the likes of Moyes and Hibbert. I wouldnt have it any other way. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:10 pm

BB and Hairy, you both make a good point. But look at the players and resources available to Mancini and look at what Moyes has to work with. We may have gone to Eastlands and dominated in previous seasons but that was at full strength with Pienaar and (an on form) Arteta, plus strikers who looked like scoring. Given where we were after the West Brom and Wigan games we can take an enormous amount of pride and satisfaction from tonight's result. We're nowhere near top form but we ground out a result, just like Wigan did against us last week.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:16 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:BB and Hairy, you both make a good point. But look at the players and resources available to Mancini and look at what Moyes has to work with. We may have gone to Eastlands and dominated in previous seasons but that was at full strength with Pienaar and (an on form) Arteta, plus strikers who looked like scoring. Given where we were after the West Brom and Wigan games we can take an enormous amount of pride and satisfaction from tonight's result. We're nowhere near top form but we ground out a result, just like Wigan did against us last week.

If City started to dominate us, I could understand putting 11 men behind the ball, but they weren't. We were dominating them for the first 20 minutes, and we went 2-0 up.

THEN ................

We said come on City .... come and attack us for the next 74 minutes. It's that, that frustrates me. If I was Anichebe I'd belt Moyes in the mouth for getting me sent off, because that's what happens when you let the opposition bend you over. They pressure the refs and the refs give in.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Garry Adams Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:22 pm

BB wrote:

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

So are you saying we gave up without a fight tonight?
Garry Adams
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:24 pm

BB wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:BB and Hairy, you both make a good point. But look at the players and resources available to Mancini and look at what Moyes has to work with. We may have gone to Eastlands and dominated in previous seasons but that was at full strength with Pienaar and (an on form) Arteta, plus strikers who looked like scoring. Given where we were after the West Brom and Wigan games we can take an enormous amount of pride and satisfaction from tonight's result. We're nowhere near top form but we ground out a result, just like Wigan did against us last week.

If City started to dominate us, I could understand putting 11 men behind the ball, but they weren't. We were dominating them for the first 20 minutes, and we went 2-0 up.

THEN ................

We said come on City .... come and attack us for the next 74 minutes. It's that, that frustrates me. If I was Anichebe I'd belt Moyes in the mouth for getting me sent off, because that's what happens when you let the opposition bend you over. They pressure the refs and the refs give in.
If I was Moyes I'd kick that lummix Anichebe off the coach, tear up his contract & tell him to walk home...

..apart from that... whey hey 3 points cheers

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:25 pm

Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

No. That's what you're saying. What I said was fairly clear. Very Happy
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

BB wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

No. That's what you're saying. What I said was fairly clear. Very Happy

So are you saying "It might be a win, but I don't follow Everton to get 3 points like that. I follow them because they get stuck in and don't let big teams push us about without a fight"???

Very Happy Wink
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:32 pm

BB wrote:
Super wrote:
BB wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Is the game still going ahead?

According to SSN this morning, it's still on for now, but City are still working to clear the outsides of the ground to make it safe for supporters.

...and there are reports that a red headed Scotsman is busy shovelling snow back onto the pitch and the surrounding areas. Very Happy

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 9 GroundskeeperWillie

Lol. Just seen that. Had a red cross before. lol!

Someone needs to put David Moyes head on that and it would be even better.

Just installed a new Photoshop C5 so like having to learn all over again, but here's a quicky for you:

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 9 GroundskeeperWillie

Ha ha, brilliant mate!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next