606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill)

+29
Knight of Thorgothshire
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
ToffeeDan
Mr_Ben
RhinoJagz
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Sheep Flavour
Tonteau
Dixie Land
paul
Gravy & Chips
The President
blueFire
Super
Blue gazza
fatboblatch
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Helenqu
Brummie No Mates
Lumper
tadpole
Goodison_Gringo
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Albert
The Griffin
Armchair
callmebubbles
Da Judge
33 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 Empty Re: Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 02 Oct 2010, 6:56 pm

Oh, and I didn't realise Hleb was playing. Totally anonymous.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 Empty Re: Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill)

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 02 Oct 2010, 7:40 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:That has to be the most comprehensive twatting in a half for the first half without a goal I have ever seen.

We absolutely battered then

I thought they were lucky to get none. Motty was there so we might be higher up on MOTD!!

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sat 02 Oct 2010, 7:43 pm

I thought today was a very good performance. Arteta and Osman were running things. Coleman looked dangerous on the right and apart from one lapse in concentration and Jerome wearing toblerone boots Birmingham were hardly in it.

I think the luck for the first goal was a bit overdue and Cahill capping it off was perfect.

I thought the worst when Yak was brought off for Heitinga, if it were me I might have brought on Beckford as Birmingham were pushing forward and were open for the counter (which led to the second goal).

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 02 Oct 2010, 7:45 pm

hilarious that football first's main match is united vs sunderland

not us or spurs game, lol! what a joke!!
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 02 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:That has to be the most comprehensive twatting in a half for the first half without a goal I have ever seen.

We absolutely battered then

There hasnt been one since at least last week when we played Fulham. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 02 Oct 2010, 8:09 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I thought today was a very good performance. Arteta and Osman were running things. Coleman looked dangerous on the right and apart from one lapse in concentration and Jerome wearing toblerone boots Birmingham were hardly in it.

I think the luck for the first goal was a bit overdue and Cahill capping it off was perfect.

I thought the worst when Yak was brought off for Heitinga, if it were me I might have brought on Beckford as Birmingham were pushing forward and were open for the counter (which led to the second goal).

Agree with that. 10-15 minutes left and one goal up is the best time to play beckford (even though I don't rate him) and look for the ball over the top on the break (where he apparently scores all his goals from)
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Sat 02 Oct 2010, 8:23 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/birmingham-everton-4574805/
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sat 02 Oct 2010, 8:34 pm

Moyes interview Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 Smiley_a

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/david-moyes-post-birmingham-everton-4574905/
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Sat 02 Oct 2010, 8:55 pm

mindyerho? wrote:Oh, and I didn't realise Hleb was playing. Totally anonymous.

Using the link the com said that the Brum players werent clever enough to read his game and I totally agree. Great players but no one worked with him.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Sat 02 Oct 2010, 10:07 pm

Andy Burnham posted this on Twitter.

Thank god, we needed that win. And good to put locals in bad mood just as Tories arrive in town!

Laughing
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 02 Oct 2010, 10:48 pm

from the comments on the Guardian report

Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 60x60 Sheep2

• The problem is the lack of chances. 3 shots, none on target...
    We play too deep as 4-5-1 whether with McFadden or without him, not that McFadden was the solution more than 1 game in 10.

• Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 No-user-image ToffeeDan1

2 October 2010 9:34PM
    I thought Brum were lucky to get none.Finally a dominant performance gets the rewards.

Bubbles? Is that you?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 02 Oct 2010, 11:18 pm

Jesus Christ, Its clear MOTD havent been too concerned about Stan Collymore's comments! What the fuck was that after the game? Hansen: "Everton too good to go down" No shit sherlock! Some more golf club banter about Lineker knowing what it is like to be at the bottom of the table. Ho ho hee hee, thats hilarious boys, then the 'analysis' descends into a weird series of half sniggers about Birmingham fans booing their team. The only match analysis? Colemans 'shoulder ball', one of several penalty appeals for both teams in the game.

Good fucking god!...I need another vodka. drunken

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 02 Oct 2010, 11:43 pm

Where did BBC get Brum 46% possession - did they take the ball into their dressing room at half-time?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 03 Oct 2010, 1:50 am

Toffee Dan wrote:Where did BBC get Brum 46% possession - did they take the ball into their dressing room at half-time?

lol! and they had it for the kick about before....

they were showing Brum at 40% on whatever arabic TV station I was watching with about ten minutes to go. The commentator guy pronounced all the names almost properly, including 'Caheeeeeell" but never attempted Hleb which is why I didn't think he was playing Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 03 Oct 2010, 2:47 am

You bunch of teases.... where's Pablo with the MOTD analysis so I can share your righteous indignation?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 03 Oct 2010, 7:45 am

Tonteau wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I thought today was a very good performance. Arteta and Osman were running things. Coleman looked dangerous on the right and apart from one lapse in concentration and Jerome wearing toblerone boots Birmingham were hardly in it.

Agree with that. 10-15 minutes left and one goal up is the best time to play beckford (even though I don't rate him) and look for the ball over the top on the break (where he apparently scores all his goals from)

I agreed with this however i can only presume he wanted Cahill up there to hold the ball up and keep possession. It would have been good to have had Beckford there to run at them etc.

Brum were shit
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 03 Oct 2010, 12:55 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:Where did BBC get Brum 46% possession - did they take the ball into their dressing room at half-time?

they were showing Brum at 40% on whatever arabic TV station I was watching with about ten minutes to go. The commentator guy pronounced all the names almost properly, including 'Caheeeeeell" but never attempted Hleb which is why I didn't think he was playing Very Happy

Phil Neh-veel, Dist-in, Jag-yel-ka, Lay Tonn Benns, Le-on Oz-man, Teem Cah-heel, Ar-te-ta, Fella-eeeni (easy one for him), Cole-a-man, Ya-Koo-Boo

It was quite funny! I can't remember if he had to say Howard! Smile

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 03 Oct 2010, 3:15 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

Phil Neh-veel, Dist-in, Jag-yel-ka, Lay Tonn Benns, Le-on Oz-man, Teem Cah-heel, Ar-te-ta, Fella-eeeni (easy one for him), Cole-a-man, Ya-Koo-Boo

It was quite funny! I can't remember if he had to say Howard! Smile

I'd forgotten Cola-man.... lol!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 03 Oct 2010, 3:32 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/birmingham-everton-motd-4578617/

MOTD highlights.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 03 Oct 2010, 3:36 pm

BB wrote:Moyes interview Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 Smiley_a

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/david-moyes-post-birmingham-everton-4574905/
Cheers for posting that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 03 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

Amazed that both the Brum manager, and even Lawro brought their penalty appeal up, but failed to aknowledge the 2 appeals we had which were fairly blatant fouls. We took Birmingham apart for most of the match, yet the action makes it look even. MOTD need to start giving an accurate representation of the match, rather than trying to appease both sets of fans.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sun 03 Oct 2010, 9:27 pm

BB wrote:Amazed that both the Brum manager, and even Lawro brought their penalty appeal up, but failed to aknowledge the 2 appeals we had which were fairly blatant fouls. We took Birmingham apart for most of the match, yet the action makes it look even. MOTD need to start giving an accurate representation of the match, rather than trying to appease both sets of fans.

Zero shots on target by the home side about summed them up. No
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Mon 04 Oct 2010, 7:31 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I agreed with this however i can only presume he wanted Cahill up there to hold the ball up and keep possession. It would have been good to have had Beckford there to run at them etc.

Brum were shit

If he'd taken off Yak for Beckford, and Brum had equalised and it had finished 1-1, then people would have been saying:
"Why did he take off a striker for a striker?"
"Why didn't he bring on a defender? Jonny5 was on the bench!"
"Yak needs more game-time to get fit, why take him off?"
"Beckford is shit."
"Moyles out." Smile
That's not a criticism of any of you. I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game so I can only suggest this as an alternative perspective. Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 Confused

fourdoors

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 04 Oct 2010, 8:41 pm

fourdoors wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Brum were shit

If he'd taken off Yak for Beckford, and Brum had equalised and it had finished 1-1, then people would have been saying:
"Beckford is shit."
"Moyles out." Smile
That's not a criticism of any of you. I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game so I can only suggest this as an alternative perspective. Birmingham 0 Everton 2 (o.g. Cahill) - Page 16 Confused

I feel defending a 1-0 lead is a dodgy thing to do. I'd have preferred it if he had put on Beckford to help keep the ball up field and kept Yakubu on.

I'm convinced there has been an issue behind the scenes with Becks. You don't just drop the guy 100% for another striker who isn't scoring without something being wrong.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 05 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

BB wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Brum were shit

"Beckford is shit."
"Moyles out." Smile

I feel defending a 1-0 lead is a dodgy thing to do. I'd have preferred it if he had put on Beckford to help keep the ball up field and kept Yakubu on.

I'm convinced there has been an issue behind the scenes with Becks. You don't just drop the guy 100% for another striker who isn't scoring without something being wrong.

From where I was sat it seemed like Moyes was telling them to sit back defend the lead and catch them on the counter, that giant freak they brought on was rubbish, did they bring Kevin Phillips on?

Anyway, I would have thought if they were trying to counter Beckford would have been a better option, anyway, it worked out ok in the end.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16