606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 36 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Lumper Mon 20 May 2013, 12:47 am

Bryan wrote:Signing for Chelsea

Any good news for us Bryan?
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6847
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 36 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 20 May 2013, 12:28 pm

Lumper wrote:

link

Number of posts : 41056
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 May 2013, 1:26 pm

Didn't you also say that Moyes was having a 12 month break from football? Very Happy

Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 20 May 2013, 6:34 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Lumper wrote:

link

www.bryan.com
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 20 May 2013, 8:28 pm

I was just wondering, do you think he would have left, with or without Moyes being at EFC??
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 20 May 2013, 10:16 pm

Is anyone that bothered if he leaves? Assuming we get £20-25m for him?

He's a really good player but inconsistent, often lazy, and occasionally a complete liability (headbutts, elbows, kicks etc). I think we could easily find another top quality CM and have cash to spare for a striker. He is far from irreplaceable imo (unlike Baines).
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Mon 20 May 2013, 10:24 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Is anyone that bothered if he leaves? Assuming we get £20-25m for him?

He's a really good player but inconsistent, often lazy, and occasionally a complete liability (headbutts, elbows, kicks etc). I think we could easily find another top quality CM and have cash to spare for a striker. He is far from irreplaceable imo (unlike Baines).

I like the guy but I don't like the casual way he gives away fouls and I think for a decent price I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 20 May 2013, 10:28 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Is anyone that bothered if he leaves? Assuming we get £20-25m for him?

I like the guy but I don't like the casual way he gives away fouls and I think for a decent price I wouldn't be too sad to see him go.

Agreed. Get a decent wedge for him while is stock is high and give the funds to the new boss to reinvest.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 20 May 2013, 10:28 pm

He scares the opposition - they see him as a danger man, and at times unplayable. Against that, he sometimes shambles along looking like he doesn't give a shit. At Chelsea, he was poor until he went up front and started controlling the ball on his chest, knocking it down for the so-called strikers. But he was lucky still to be on the pitch and not to have given away a penalty in the first half when he launched himself arm-first at one of the Chavs while defending a corner.

More often than not, he's a liability. If we can get £20m plus, sell him, though we will miss his presence for sure. It's always good to have someone who keeps the opposition guessing.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Tue 21 May 2013, 9:27 am

hairy cataract wrote:

He scares the opposition - they see him as a danger man, and at times unplayable. Against that, he sometimes shambles along looking like he doesn't give a shit. At Chelsea, he was poor until he went up front and started controlling the ball on his chest, knocking it down for the so-called strikers. But he was lucky still to be on the pitch and not to have given away a penalty in the first half when he launched himself arm-first at one of the Chavs while defending a corner.

More often than not, he's a liability. If we can get £20m plus, sell him, though we will miss his presence for sure. It's always good to have someone who keeps the opposition guessing.

When he was banned we never missed him. So, sell, sell, sell!!
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 May 2013, 9:39 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/david-moyes-marouane-fellaini

Nothing new here. Moyes might want to buy him. Or he might not. He might have a £24m release clause. Or he might not.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 25 May 2013, 4:56 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/24/david-moyes-marouane-fellaini

Nothing new here. Moyes might want to buy him. Or he might not. He might have a £24m release clause. Or he might not.
For a Sky 5 team, he would be very marketable. 30 games per season and several sub appearances, and he's quids in.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 26 May 2013, 10:05 am

But new Manchester United manager David Moyes will make Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, his first signing for £24m and broker a peace deal to keep striker Wayne Rooney, 27, at Old Trafford.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

The Mirror regurgitates the Guardian's story.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 30 May 2013, 7:23 am

Marouane Fellaini insists his "destiny with Everton" amid Manchester United transfer talk
29 May 2013 22:30

Midfielder also linked with Chelsea says manager Moyes' move to Old Trafford "does not change anything for me"

Roberto Martinez has been boosted as he prepares to take over as Everton manager by Marouane Fellaini committing his future to the club.

Midfield colossus Fellaini has tried to allay the concerns of Evertonians, who fear he may follow outgoing Toffees boss David Moyes to Manchester United by insisting he wants to stay.

“My destiny is with Everton, it’s as simple as that,” said the Belgium international, who has been linked with a summer move to United or Chelsea. “After that, you never know what can happen, but we still speak of one of the greatest English clubs.

“The framework and the basics are there. It is in this sense that I mean the departure of the coach does not change anything for me.

“Despite everything he has done for the club, we always have enough quality to continue to shine.

“Honestly, the departure of the coach does not change. He received a good challenge and I understand that he has accepted.

“But he never told me about his project to take me with him to United. It is only in the press that I read it.”

Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 30 May 2013, 7:54 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Marouane Fellaini insists his "destiny with Everton" amid Manchester United transfer talk
29 May 2013 22:30

Midfielder also linked with Chelsea says manager Moyes' move to Old Trafford "does not change anything for me"

Roberto Martinez has been boosted as he prepares to take over as Everton manager by Marouane Fellaini committing his future to the club.

Midfield colossus Fellaini has tried to allay the concerns of Evertonians, who fear he may follow outgoing Toffees boss David Moyes to Manchester United by insisting he wants to stay.

“My destiny is with Everton, it’s as simple as that,” said the Belgium international, who has been linked with a summer move to United or Chelsea. “After that, you never know what can happen, but we still speak of one of the greatest English clubs.

“The framework and the basics are there. It is in this sense that I mean the departure of the coach does not change anything for me.

“Despite everything he has done for the club, we always have enough quality to continue to shine.

“Honestly, the departure of the coach does not change. He received a good challenge and I understand that he has accepted.

“But he never told me about his project to take me with him to United. It is only in the press that I read it.”

Stage one of your departure: Its not me, its the club/agent/father. Im really happy here.

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:47 am

Seemingly Everton still interested in Fer, a possible replacement for Fellaini if he pisses off. Probably have £15m in change too if those deals were to come to pass.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 06 Jun 2013, 10:43 pm

The twitter machine is saying that le Arse have triggered Fellaini's buyout clause. £22m is the figure being quoted.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:11 pm

Lumper wrote:The twitter machine is saying that le Arse have triggered Fellaini's buyout clause. £22m is the figure being quoted.

Didn't think he had a buyout clause. But yeah, it's possible. Why stay here and win nothing when you can do it in london at arsenal?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:25 pm

If he wants out, then sell him, we want players who are committed to the new boss and to the future of everton,
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:25 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Lumper wrote:The twitter machine is saying that le Arse have triggered Fellaini's buyout clause. £22m is the figure being quoted.

Didn't think he had a buyout clause. But yeah, it's possible. Why stay here and win nothing when you can do it in london at arsenal?
Very Happy
He'd be better of with United or Chelsea. He'll get much better wonga and his changes of silverware will greatly increase.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:27 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Very Happy true. I've always said Arsenal would be the best fit for Felli, but I'm not sure whether it would really work out. It'd be interesting to see in some ways, especially if they bung us around £25m, but I wonder if Felli is ever really going to be a great player. He can totally dominate a game at times, but he lacks pace, lacks discipline, lacks a killer pass, and lacks desire sometimes too. I think he should probably move on, test himself in the CL, see if can hold down a regular place at a "bigger" club.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Very Happy true. I've always said Arsenal would be the best fit for Felli, but I'm not sure whether it would really work out. It'd be interesting to see in some ways, especially if they bung us around £25m, but I wonder if Felli is ever really going to be a great player. He can totally dominate a game at times, but he lacks pace, lacks discipline, lacks a killer pass, and lacks desire sometimes too. I think he should probably move on, test himself in the CL, see if can hold down a regular place at a "bigger" club.

The timing of this and the buyout clause are unfortunate for us. I think Belgium are going to be a big hit at the World Cup and Fellaini will be at the center of it. We might have made a few more quid out of him.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:51 am

Lumper wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

The timing of this and the buyout clause are unfortunate for us. I think Belgium are going to be a big hit at the World Cup and Fellaini will be at the center of it. We might have made a few more quid out of him.

Fellaini is a good player but not a great one. If he'd have finished the season the way he started then I wouldnt even be saying this. Fellaini is effective only in 4-5-1 playing behind the striker. He's not a defensive midfielder- he can play there but he's not great there. Kenwright is literally inviting offers with the comments he made yesterday. I can't see Martinez going with one striker which makes me think - are we better off cashing in and strengthening elsewhere? Probably at the peak of his value but don't think like a lot of fans he is looking for a move. I don't know the budget Martinez actually has but if I was Everton manager I'd contemplate the sale to strengthen elsewhere.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 07 Jun 2013, 1:01 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Agree- basically Mirallas is much better! I don't see him being an Arsenal type player at all. Maybe Chelsea or Man U with Moyes there. Have never been convinced with Felli - has shown glimpses and I was astonished by his performance against Utd in the opener last season but that was unfortunately just a teaser. For the most part, he's just annoying to watch!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:52 am

On his way maybe?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8761039/

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next