606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 39 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Dixie Land Wed 14 Aug 2013, 11:30 am

Bluejagz wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:we want £30m apparently - so he's staying then? afro 

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/everton-to-tell-united-they-want-30million-for-fellaini-27245/
Be pretty crushing for Moyes if he couldnt get Fellaini either before the close of window..Very Happy 

I think also Utd should sell Rooney to take the pressure off Moyes. Then any failings this season can be blamed on the departure of Rooney.
I hope that the club keeps up this line. Fellaini had a minimum release clause of, apparently, £24 million. Now that has expired, surely he isn't worth less. Man United have the money so they can pay it if they want him. If not they can fuck off.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 39 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  SEFTON Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:we want £30m apparently - so he's staying then? afro 

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/everton-to-tell-united-they-want-30million-for-fellaini-27245/
Be pretty crushing for Moyes if he couldnt get Fellaini either before the close of window..Very Happy 

I think also Utd should sell Rooney to take the pressure off Moyes. Then any failings this season can be blamed on the departure of Rooney.
I hope that the club keeps up this line. Fellaini had a minimum release clause of, apparently, £24 million. Now that has expired, surely he isn't worth less. Man United have the money so they can pay it if they want him. If not they can fuck off.
We hold the trump card concerning Fellaini as his £24 million release clause has vanished, we don't really need to sell, If Moyes is desperate to buy test his patience too the limit .least we are not desperate and if Fellaini stays we in a no lose situation .cheers 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:49 pm

sefton wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

We hold the trump card concerning Fellaini as his £24 million release clause has vanished, we don't really  need to sell, If Moyes is desperate to buy test his patience too the limit .least we are not desperate and if Fellaini stays we in a no lose situation .cheers 
Dithering Davey misses the cheap deal cheers 

Number of posts : 40811
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:24 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
sefton wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

We hold the trump card concerning Fellaini as his £24 million release clause has vanished, we don't really  need to sell, If Moyes is desperate to buy test his patience too the limit .least we are not desperate and if Fellaini stays we in a no lose situation .cheers 
I'm not going to be convinced until 2/9/13.
Dithering Davy knows too much about our contracts and finances
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:24 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
sefton wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

Laughing I am concerned enough about our midfield as it is, so losing one of the best ones we have would be a rather massive blow.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 15 Aug 2013, 9:42 am

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says a buyout clause in the contract of midfielder Marouane Fellaini expired on 31 July. Reports had suggested that Fellaini, who has been linked with a move to Manchester United, had a £22m release clause in his contract.

"It's well documented that Marouane's contract has a clause - that clause expired on 31 July and as you can imagine for a manager that gives you a real sense of celebration when that day arrives," said Martinez.

"We are in a position where I don't mind having other clubs look at my players because that means they are doing good things."
So that kind of puts an end to some of the rumours that Manure were waiting for the clause to expire so they could make a lower offer. By the sound of it, it is indeed the opposite - his value has gone up. For better or worse, I think that means he's staying - doubt if Moyes would offer £25m to £30m for him. Doubt if he's really worth that. The only question now is - which Fellaini turns up for us this season? The Winner or The Dozer?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

hairy cataract wrote:

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says a buyout clause in the contract of midfielder Marouane Fellaini expired on 31 July. Reports had suggested that Fellaini, who has been linked with a move to Manchester United, had a £22m release clause in his contract.

"It's well documented that Marouane's contract has a clause - that clause expired on 31 July and as you can imagine for a manager that gives you a real sense of celebration when that day arrives," said Martinez.

"We are in a position where I don't mind having other clubs look at my players because that means they are doing good things."
So that kind of puts an end to some of the rumours that Manure were waiting for the clause to expire so they could make a lower offer.  By the sound of it, it is indeed the opposite - his value has gone up.  For better or worse, I think that means he's staying - doubt if Moyes would offer £25m to £30m for him.  Doubt if he's really worth that.  The only question now is - which Fellaini turns up for us this season?  The Winner or The Dozer?
If that was their approach then I never understood it - it smacks of lunacy. All the clause ever meant was that we had to accept £24m or whatever the clause value was for.

It never meant we couldn't accept a lower value if an offer was made. Having the clause expire hasn't changed anything with regards to bids below the clause value (eg. we're still not obligated to accept).

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:49 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

So that kind of puts an end to some of the rumours that Manure were waiting for the clause to expire so they could make a lower offer.  By the sound of it, it is indeed the opposite - his value has gone up.  For better or worse, I think that means he's staying - doubt if Moyes would offer £25m to £30m for him.  Doubt if he's really worth that.  The only question now is - which Fellaini turns up for us this season?  The Winner or The Dozer?
If that was their approach then I never understood it - it smacks of lunacy. All the clause ever meant was that we had to accept £24m or whatever the clause value was for.

It never meant we couldn't accept a lower value if an offer was made. Having the clause expire hasn't changed anything with regards to bids below the  clause value (eg. we're still not obligated to accept).
I agree, it always sounded like bollocks. As you say, there was nothing to stop someone making a lower bid when the clause existed - we were just as likely to accept it then as now. Only difference now is we don't have to accept a bid of £22m or whatever the clause says.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:32 pm

Well if Martinez is so definite that neither Fellaini or Baines is not leaving then is he not getting any more funds to strengthen before the season starts? Spurs maybe losing Bale but they have already bought 3 or 4 excellent players and look to strengthen further.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:46 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Well if Martinez is so definite that neither Fellaini or Baines is not leaving then is he not getting any more funds to strengthen before the season starts? Spurs maybe losing Bale but they have already bought 3 or 4 excellent players and look to strengthen further.
We need, desperately, a driving or holding midfielder.
the one thing we really needed, plus a striker, and have yet to acquire.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 15 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:Well if Martinez is so definite that neither Fellaini or Baines is not leaving then is he not getting any more funds to strengthen before the season starts? Spurs maybe losing Bale but they have already bought 3 or 4 excellent players and look to strengthen further.
I think J5 would excel in that position... it won't expose him like CB does & he's a strong tackler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:59 pm

caption competition

just saw this in the daily mail - who is the kid playing for France?

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 39 Article-0-1B4C3738000005DC-92_634x481
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:00 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:37 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:caption competition

just saw this in the daily mail - who is the kid playing for France?

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 39 Article-0-1B4C3738000005DC-92_634x481
Saw that as well. It's a crazy arse picture. I think the guy is rather short (5.5 ft or so), but still! lol! lol! 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:38 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
I think J5 would excel in that position... it won't expose him like CB does & he's a strong tackler
We played Villa a couple of seasons ago, at their place, and he looked great, dictating play, before getting hurt just before halftime.
Other times, he just looked a bit lost.
Too hit and miss in all positions.  Bit like Pip.
As for the picture above, I guess the French lad is leaning back and the perspective has gone a bit.  Looks like Mini Me!
Felli's expression looks a bit daft 'an all.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 16 Aug 2013, 7:37 am

From the Mirror today:

Roberto Martinez has warned Manchester United: “You won’t get Marouane Fellaini on the cheap.”

The big Belgian midfielder has been a hot transfer topic this summer, because a contract clause allowed him to leave Everton for £23.5million.

That loophole has now closed, and the Toffees' new boss Martinez is fully aware that the likes of United and Arsenal were waiting for it to run out – in the hope it would bring down the price.

But if that is United’s attitude, then Martinez explained the champions - now managed by his predecessor, David Moyes - are wasting their time.

As Moyes continues to seek new faces for his midfield, the Spaniard said: “This is not a situation where we are actively putting up players for sale because we need the money, it is definitely not the case at all.

“And when you are in a strong position financially you will never sell a player for less than the buy-out clause.

“Marouane has that clause in his contract, and on July 31 it expired. From that point on, the club has got complete control in every single transfer. The clause lets everyone know where they stand.

“Yes, you are sweating on July 30 and 31, but after that we don’t have to sell players. It’s as simple as that.”

United have also been linked with an increased offer for Everton left-back Leighton Baines, after having a £12m bid rejected.

But Martinez added: “They made it clear it was their final offer.

“We would hope David Moyes [who left Goodison this summer to succeed Alex Ferguson at Manchester United] feels that he owes something to Everton. If someone tells you it is their final offer, it should be their final offer.”

Hopefully this is true but I imagine Moyes is pretty desparate to sign someone.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 18 Aug 2013, 8:18 am

Manchester United boss David Moyes will return to former club Everton to make an £18m bid for 25-year-old midfielder Marouane Fellaini, whose £24m buyout clause recently expired.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Getting really pissed off with moyes lately, cheeky twat, he seems to have got the inborn arrogance that comes with united. Hope he falls flat on his arse Mad 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 18 Aug 2013, 9:53 am

Blueberto wrote:
Manchester United boss David Moyes will return to former club Everton to make an £18m bid for 25-year-old midfielder Marouane Fellaini, whose £24m buyout clause recently expired.

Getting really pissed off with moyes lately, cheeky twat, he seems to have got the inborn arrogance that comes with united.  Hope he falls flat on his arse Mad 
so long as we tell him to fuck off it could be funny really..

DM - I'd like to buy Felli for 18M
RM - Fuck off ginge
DM - that's a lot of money to EFC you know
RM - err. you put a 24M release clause in his contract why would we sell for less now it's expired.. come back when it's 30+M & I'll tell you to fuck off again
DM - ahh bollocks
RM - fuck off ginge

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 18 Aug 2013, 12:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Blueberto wrote:

Getting really pissed off with moyes lately, cheeky twat, he seems to have got the inborn arrogance that comes with united. Hope he falls flat on his arse Mad
so long as we tell him to fuck off it could be funny really..

DM - I'd like to buy Felli for 18M
RM - Fuck off ginge
DM - that's a lot of money to EFC you know
RM - err. you put a 24M release clause in his contract why would we sell for less now it's expired.. come back when it's 30+M & I'll tell you to fuck off again
DM - ahh bollocks
RM - fuck off ginge

Right then , ill go see my mate bill,

DM - i'd like to buy felli for £18 M

BK- Fuck off ginge

Very Happy 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 23 Aug 2013, 10:18 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400472/Evertons-Marouane-Fellaini-sets-sights-moving-Manchester-United.html
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm

Super wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400472/Evertons-Marouane-Fellaini-sets-sights-moving-Manchester-United.html
What a load of rubbish that is. Not a direct quote in sight. Surely a good season at Everton and a good world cup resulting in him being valued more would mean more money for him, his agent, Everton and maybe even generate interest from clubs like PSG, Madrid or such like who would have to pay more.

I think that is where the truth lies, United are putting these stories in the press to get him before he gets into the silly money category.

Surely if Everton say if he has another good season and a good world cup he can leave next year with our blessing.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:09 pm

Super wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400472/Evertons-Marouane-Fellaini-sets-sights-moving-Manchester-United.html
It's always right before a game, so does RM play him tomorrow, or is he "not in the right frame of mind?"
This will go to the wire, like Arteta etc.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 23 Aug 2013, 12:13 pm

Big Nev being Big Nev

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/news/southall-moyess-behaviour-is-despicable_100200.html

Laughing 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:20 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Big Nev being Big Nev

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/news/southall-moyess-behaviour-is-despicable_100200.html

Laughing 
And in the comments beneath, Maria Del Rosario Benavides from Bogotá, Colombia being Maria Del Rosario Benavides from Bogotá, Colombia.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 23 Aug 2013, 1:23 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Big Nev being Big Nev

Laughing 
And in the comments beneath, Maria Del Rosario Benavides from Bogotá, Colombia being Maria Del Rosario Benavides from Bogotá, Colombia.
cheers lol! lol! lol! lol! 

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 39 Captur14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next