606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Rodriguez

+10
Yankthattoffee
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Helenqu
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
callmebubbles
Blue gazza
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

James Rodriguez - Page 4 Empty Re: James Rodriguez

Post  Da Judge Tue 03 Aug 2021, 6:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:So.  We're planning to start the season without James, Sigurdsson and Richarlison, and with a half-fit DCL after his long break.  Sounds like a good plan. As long as we're not planning to score any goals, of course.

What's Spanish for "park the bus", cos that's what Rafa will be drilling into the squad this week.

and we have the easiest opening 5 or 6 games as, err,....last season.
Tell Jimmy to recreate the opening 4 games, and then bugger off to UAE.

latest Journo reports suggest that Rodriguez is (allegedly) earning £200.000 a week and this is why Benitez wants rid.
I honestly believe Carlo Anchelotti left Everton after being told he wouldn't have a pot to piss in by Farhad Moshiri.
proves my point about Benitez being a mercenary taking a job on with out any funds.
I hope FSW will be sacked by Christmas... getting rid of decent players & buying near freebie dross & hasbeans won't work for long.... we tried it with Walcott, King & the like.

I realize we need to reduce the wage bill, but do that by binning poor fringe players not the few decent players that we actually have...

Can't wait to see the fat twat binned, afterall he shouldn't be at a small club should he with his magnificent history Wink
I'm hoping for the opposite.
It looks like Jimmy is the only real talent likely to leave.
Let's face it, he was poor after those opening 4 games. Looked either unfit or disinterested, and we all felt the same about his fear of lousy weather.
If Brands has a number 10 lined up, plus a RB and maybe CB, we'll be in good shape.
The feck up with the dosh, was 3-4 years ago. We always knew there would be a time of reckoning.
Let's give Benitez a shot at it first, before we condemn him.
I don't think it will ever matter what he does ... I can't stand Benitez

OK.... so in loathe-off of the "B's" - Besic or Benitez...? You have to choose to lose one ... keep one (I know Besic has gone... but I want to see you make the choice)

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9792
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 03 Aug 2021, 7:02 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:So.  We're planning to start the season without James, Sigurdsson and Richarlison, and with a half-fit DCL after his long break.  Sounds like a good plan. As long as we're not planning to score any goals, of course.

What's Spanish for "park the bus", cos that's what Rafa will be drilling into the squad this week.

latest Journo reports suggest that Rodriguez is (allegedly) earning £200.000 a week and this is why Benitez wants rid.
I honestly believe Carlo Anchelotti left Everton after being told he wouldn't have a pot to piss in by Farhad Moshiri.
proves my point about Benitez being a mercenary taking a job on with out any funds.
I hope FSW will be sacked by Christmas... getting rid of decent players & buying near freebie dross & hasbeans won't work for long.... we tried it with Walcott, King & the like.

I realize we need to reduce the wage bill, but do that by binning poor fringe players not the few decent players that we actually have...

Can't wait to see the fat twat binned, afterall he shouldn't be at a small club should he with his magnificent history Wink
Let's face it, he was poor after those opening 4 games. Looked either unfit or disinterested, and we all felt the same about his fear of lousy weather.
If Brands has a number 10 lined up, plus a RB and maybe CB, we'll be in good shape.
The feck up with the dosh, was 3-4 years ago. We always knew there would be a time of reckoning.

OK.... so in loathe-off of the "B's" - Besic or Benitez...? You have to choose to lose one ... keep one (I know Besic has gone... but I want to see you make the choice)
I'd keep Besic without even thinking hard about it.... afterall we can always use a good barman at the club & waiters are easier to find Very Happy

Number of posts : 41056
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 03 Aug 2021, 8:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I'd keep Besic without even thinking hard about it.... afterall we can always use a good barman at the club & waiters are easier to find Very Happy

Apparently not..... in the current hosp[itality industry there is a massive shortage

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9792
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 22 Aug 2021, 3:54 am

Newcastle will hold talks with Everton over a move for Colombia midfielder James Rodriguez, 30, at the request of manager Steve Bruce.

This is just getting insane. Newcastle? Eh?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 22 Aug 2021, 10:36 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Newcastle will hold talks with Everton over a move for Colombia midfielder James Rodriguez, 30, at the request of manager Steve Bruce.

This is just getting insane. Newcastle? Eh?

If he isn't happy here, imagine how grumpy he'll be there lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Helenqu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:52 am

I've come to the conclusion that James can just Fuck Off. Ironic given my avatar.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 31 Aug 2021, 12:18 pm

Can Everton offload James?
, published at09:07
Phil McNulty, BBC Sport chief football writer

With Moise Keane now back at Juventus, one other outgoing deal Everton will be desperate to do before the window closes is get James Rodriguez off their wage bill.

The Colombian has been told he has no place in manager Rafa Benitez’s plans and will face a season in the wilderness, and Everton an expensive outlay, if he cannot be moved.

Everton had hoped to include him in a deal for Porto winger Luis Diaz but hopes are fading on that one although there remains a hope AC Milan might come to the rescue.

Either way, Everton will not want him still on their payroll come the end of this window.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 31 Aug 2021, 1:31 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Can Everton offload James?
, published at09:07
Phil McNulty, BBC Sport chief football writer

With Moise Keane now back at Juventus, one other outgoing deal Everton will be desperate to do before the window closes is get James Rodriguez off their wage bill.

The Colombian has been told he has no place in manager Rafa Benitez’s plans and will face a season in the wilderness, and Everton an expensive outlay, if he cannot be moved.

Everton had hoped to include him in a deal for Porto winger Luis Diaz but hopes are fading on that one although there remains a hope AC Milan might come to the rescue.

Either way, Everton will not want him still on their payroll come the end of this window.

Yeah, it's no fun to hope for players leaving on deadline day -we all want new prezzies - but it's quite a big deal for us financially if we can get shot of him today.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14856
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 10 Sep 2021, 5:05 pm

Everton tried to agree a deal with Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir to sell midfielder James Rodriguez, 30, but the Colombia international refused to leave Goodison Park.

I'd like to at least see him being on the bench where he could come on and open up some tiring defences.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 10 Sep 2021, 5:21 pm

Everton tried to agree a deal with Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir to sell midfielder James Rodriguez, 30, but the Colombia international refused to leave Goodison Park.

I'd like to at least see him being on the bench where he could come on and open up some tiring defences.

Yep. It would be daft to pay his wages and not use him.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 13 Sep 2021, 9:43 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58520473
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 13 Sep 2021, 3:19 pm

Armchair wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58520473
Interesting read, although not really anything new reported.

I hope he can contribute this season, even as it became clear last season, and as highlighted by Pat Nevin in the article, that opposing teams liked to attack down the side James was playing since they knew he would not really get stuck in nor track back as much as is expected.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 13 Sep 2021, 6:15 pm

Armchair wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58520473
Interesting read, although not really anything new reported.

I hope he can contribute this season, even as it became clear last season, and as highlighted by Pat Nevin in the article, that opposing teams liked to attack down the side James was playing since they knew he would not really get stuck in nor track back as much as is expected.

Perhaps play him as a no 10?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 13 Sep 2021, 7:55 pm

It has been reported that he didn't even know who we were playing tonight !... not interested to say the least if true.....

FSW doesn't want him & he has no interest.... his playing time is probably done

not even on the bench tonight

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 13 Sep 2021, 8:15 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:It has been reported that he didn't even know who we were playing tonight !... not interested to say the least if true.....

He's been training, so I can't see that he would not know about Burnley.
Still has a role somehow?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 13 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:It has been reported that he didn't even know who we were playing tonight !... not interested to say the least if true.....

He's been training, so I can't see that he would not know about Burnley.
Still has a role somehow?
I don't understand why he isn't even on the bench ?? confused

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 14 Sep 2021, 8:18 am

The waiter has spoken

James Rodriguez - Page 4 Captur27

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 14 Sep 2021, 10:56 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:The waiter has spoken

James Rodriguez - Page 4 Captur27

Well that's fucking fair enough.

I made the point last night about Richarlison's graft. Compare and contrast. This fella is paid handsomely to do a job, but he's not focused, he's not committed, everyone can see that. We don't need that kind of thing right now.

The thing to remember about players like James is that only their moments of brilliance ever appear on youtube compilations. Nobody ever puts together a compilation (complete with banging hip-hop soundtrack) of the goals we concede because he couldn't be arsed to track back with the oppo midfielder. Nobody puts together compilations of games we lose over Xmas to shit teams because James wasn't even fucking there (check the record - he never seems to play football over the Christmas period.)

I probably sound like a football philistine now - one of my earliest Everton memories is the fuss and hullabaloo around Gordon Lee playing Jim Pearson instead of Duncan McKenzie in the late 70s. We all love a crowd pleaser, yeah? I do too. The only problem with that is that the game has changed, it's now all about the press, workrate, pace, moving the ball fast. Oppo coaches will identify one lazy fuck in a team and will ruthlessly zone in on that to exploit it. To this end, the lazy no. 10 who stands in the centre circle for the whole game waiting for the ball and casually pings passes around in the opposition half when it comes his way is (temporarily at least) obsolete.

I actually love the idea that we could buck that trend, and stick with a no. 10 who is so good on the ball, and so critical to our way of playing, that somehow the lack of workrate is justified and the other 9 outfield players have to pick up the slack. But that's no good if the no. 10 in question looks like he doesn't give a shit and when his version of giving a shit is playing 2 or 3 games in every 5 anyway.

We're in no position to indulge this fucker right now. I only ever think about him when someone mentions him or when I see an article about him. Since the start of the season I just haven't considered him at all as a potential contributor. He's just a leech on our finite financial resources.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 14 Sep 2021, 11:06 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I made the point last night about Richarlison's graft. Compare and contrast. This fella is paid handsomely to do a job, but he's not focused, he's not committed, everyone can see that. We don't need that kind of thing right now.

The thing to remember about players like James is that only their moments of brilliance ever appear on youtube compilations. Nobody ever puts together a compilation (complete with banging hip-hop soundtrack) of the goals we concede because he couldn't be arsed to track back with the oppo midfielder. Nobody puts together compilations of games we lose over Xmas to shit teams because James wasn't even fucking there (check the record - he never seems to play football over the Christmas period.)

I probably sound like a football philistine now - one of my earliest Everton memories is the fuss and hullabaloo around Gordon Lee playing Jim Pearson instead of Duncan McKenzie in the late 70s. We all love a crowd pleaser, yeah? I do too. The only problem with that is that the game has changed, it's now all about the press, workrate, pace, moving the ball fast. Oppo coaches will identify one lazy fuck in a team and will ruthlessly zone in on that to exploit it. To this end, the lazy no. 10 who stands in the centre circle for the whole game waiting for the ball and casually pings passes around in the opposition half when it comes his way is (temporarily at least) obsolete.

I actually love the idea that we could buck that trend, and stick with a no. 10 who is so good on the ball, and so critical to our way of playing, that somehow the lack of workrate is justified and the other 9 outfield players have to pick up the slack. But that's no good if the no. 10 in question looks like he doesn't give a shit and when his version of giving a shit is playing 2 or 3 games in every 5 anyway.

We're in no position to indulge this fucker right now. I only ever think about him when someone mentions him or when I see an article about him. Since the start of the season I just haven't considered him at all as a potential contributor. He's just a leech on our finite financial resources.
He's on 250k a week though... and that's huge to not even get a place on the bench... how do we get rid?.. no-one will want him looking at his state... he's probably turning into a big fat porker too

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 14 Sep 2021, 11:31 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

He's on 250k a week though... and that's huge to not even get a place on the bench... how do we get rid?.. no-one will want him looking at his state... he's probably turning into a big fat porker too

Fortunately he only signed a two year deal (I remember thinking that was too short at the time!) so he'll be gone next summer.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 14 Sep 2021, 11:49 am

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Fortunately he only signed a two year deal (I remember thinking that was too short at the time!) so he'll be gone next summer.

Yeah I mean we're just stuck with that salary until he goes. In fairness I suppose when we recruited Ancelotti, the club didn't expect him to be fucking off back to Madrid after 18 months. Ancelotti would have continued to indulge him but Rafa, rightly, has no plans to do that. Partly because Carlo's and Rafa's playing styles are like chalk and cheese.

And (ahem) I have banged on and on and on about continuity. About the role of the DoF, and how he could ensure continuity on the squad composition side if his role was clearly defined as such. This is the most glaring example of the folly of recruiting managers and allowing them too much control over incoming players, only to bin them off (or for them to leave) after 18 months or two years and leave their successor with several players he doesn't want.

That's because we have no established identity as a team. Our ever-changing temporary identity is whatever playing style the current managerial incumbent decides to go with. And I can't think of a player more unsuited to Rafa's chosen playing style than James. So this is the very essence of what happens when a club is run badly, when it just lurches from one short-term decision to another in the hope that they eventually hit the bullseye.

It isn't easy to run a football club well, especially given the resources of who we're competing against, and it isn't easy to create the identity I'm talking about. It's very easy to run a football club badly though. I'm just saying that we need to learn as a club from the way we've been run over recent years, and start to make decisions based around a long-term plan centred on who we are, who we want to be and what we can realistically achieve. We have so little margin for error - to have a sniff of success we have to get virtually everything right and also benefit from some serious good fortune along the way (think Leicester winning the league in a year when all the big clubs were rebuilding.)

Hopefully James and his salary is one of the final remaining vestiges of an era in which we genuinely thought we could just spend our way to success, as though FFP didn't even exist.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 14 Sep 2021, 2:37 pm

Supposedly it was a no-brainer when we signed him because regardless of his wages, his global popularity would increase our brand awareness and see us reap the financial benefits ten-fold. WTF happened to that? We can't blame the pandemic as we were bang in the middle of a lockdown when he was signed.

If I was on Toffeeweb I'd suggest that maybe all that cash is sunning it up, sipping pina coladas with the Arteta money, in a Cayman's account Very Happy .
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 14 Sep 2021, 6:01 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Supposedly it was a no-brainer when we signed him because regardless of his wages, his global popularity would increase our brand awareness and see us reap the financial benefits ten-fold. WTF happened to that? We can't blame the pandemic as we were bang in the middle of a lockdown when he was signed.

If I was on Toffeeweb I'd suggest that maybe all that cash is sunning it up, sipping pina coladas with the Arteta money, in a Cayman's account Very Happy .

I made that point myself about merchandising income! And maybe that's genuinely happened, I don't know. Maybe a lot of his salary has been offset by extra shirts sold.

I suppose there's a good chance that such sales will probably drop while he's not actually playing any football. It's academic in a way - we are stuck with his salary until the end of this season and clearly Rafa has no interest in using him until he thinks his head is in the right place.

Still, nice work if you can get it, eh? Guaranteed 250K a week for not pulling your weight.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 20 Sep 2021, 11:33 am

Personally I'd like him to stay... and play ! ... but the fat twat hates him doesn't he Mad

Everton midfielder James Rodriguez has travelled to Qatar for talks with a club before a potential move to the Middle East.

The 30-year-old Colombian international's status at Goodison has looked uncertain after manager Rafael Benitez replaced Carlo Ancelotti in the summer.

The former Real Madrid player, who joined Everton for £12m a year ago, has yet to play for Benitez this season, missing several games because of a coronavirus-related issue.

His last game for the club came in a 1-0 defeat by Sheffield United on 16 May.

Missed anything over the weekend? Visit the Everton topic page
With Rodriguez's wages reported to be £200,000 a week, a move to another club would be a significant financial saving for Everton.

Benitez has talked about his frustration about not being able to sign more players because Financial Fair Play rules had "killed" the club.

Prior to the win over Burnley on 11 September, Benitez said of Rodriguez's future: "It's always up to the player. In the end he has the final decision. Some markets are open and then we had some problem with the Financial Fair Play rules, so we need to consider any option and see what happens."

Rodriguez, who has also played for Porto, Monaco and spent time on loan at Bayern Munich, made 26 appearances in all competitions for Everton last season, scoring six goals and registering nine assists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58586147?at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom4=37063CDC-19FC-11EC-A011-B0B896E8478F&fbclid=IwAR2U1wDxqPVdGfMsq4Qbl3bn46Al_sv0bT3T0Vg_oq8hih3SY8C_6HCGgEg

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 20 Sep 2021, 12:08 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Personally I'd like him to stay... and play ! ... but the fat twat hates him doesn't he Mad

Everton midfielder James Rodriguez has travelled to Qatar for talks with a club before a potential move to the Middle East.

The 30-year-old Colombian international's status at Goodison has looked uncertain after manager Rafael Benitez replaced Carlo Ancelotti in the summer.

The former Real Madrid player, who joined Everton for £12m a year ago, has yet to play for Benitez this season, missing several games because of a coronavirus-related issue.

His last game for the club came in a 1-0 defeat by Sheffield United on 16 May.

Missed anything over the weekend? Visit the Everton topic page
With Rodriguez's wages reported to be £200,000 a week, a move to another club would be a significant financial saving for Everton.

Benitez has talked about his frustration about not being able to sign more players because Financial Fair Play rules had "killed" the club.

Prior to the win over Burnley on 11 September, Benitez said of Rodriguez's future: "It's always up to the player. In the end he has the final decision. Some markets are open and then we had some problem with the Financial Fair Play rules, so we need to consider any option and see what happens."

Rodriguez, who has also played for Porto, Monaco and spent time on loan at Bayern Munich, made 26 appearances in all competitions for Everton last season, scoring six goals and registering nine assists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58586147?at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom4=37063CDC-19FC-11EC-A011-B0B896E8478F&fbclid=IwAR2U1wDxqPVdGfMsq4Qbl3bn46Al_sv0bT3T0Vg_oq8hih3SY8C_6HCGgEg

According to Everton Journalist Alan Myers No deal has been struck with Quatar as of yet.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10615
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next