606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Rodriguez

+10
Yankthattoffee
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Helenqu
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
callmebubbles
Blue gazza
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

James Rodriguez - Page 5 Empty Re: James Rodriguez

Post  hairy cataract Mon 20 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Personally I'd like him to stay... and play ! ... but the fat twat hates him doesn't he Mad

Everton midfielder James Rodriguez has travelled to Qatar for talks with a club before a potential move to the Middle East.

The 30-year-old Colombian international's status at Goodison has looked uncertain after manager Rafael Benitez replaced Carlo Ancelotti in the summer.

The former Real Madrid player, who joined Everton for £12m a year ago, has yet to play for Benitez this season, missing several games because of a coronavirus-related issue.

His last game for the club came in a 1-0 defeat by Sheffield United on 16 May.

Missed anything over the weekend? Visit the Everton topic page
With Rodriguez's wages reported to be £200,000 a week, a move to another club would be a significant financial saving for Everton.

Benitez has talked about his frustration about not being able to sign more players because Financial Fair Play rules had "killed" the club.

Prior to the win over Burnley on 11 September, Benitez said of Rodriguez's future: "It's always up to the player. In the end he has the final decision. Some markets are open and then we had some problem with the Financial Fair Play rules, so we need to consider any option and see what happens."

Rodriguez, who has also played for Porto, Monaco and spent time on loan at Bayern Munich, made 26 appearances in all competitions for Everton last season, scoring six goals and registering nine assists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58586147?at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom4=37063CDC-19FC-11EC-A011-B0B896E8478F&fbclid=IwAR2U1wDxqPVdGfMsq4Qbl3bn46Al_sv0bT3T0Vg_oq8hih3SY8C_6HCGgEg

According to Everton Journalist Alan Myers No deal has been struck with Quatar as of yet.

He's never going to play for us again, his poorly calf will be an excuse before every game unless he's asked to start as captain against Chelsea or something, and carried around the pitch on a throne by the U18 team.  He's a turd.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 20 Sep 2021, 9:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Personally I'd like him to stay... and play ! ... but the fat twat hates him doesn't he Mad

Everton midfielder James Rodriguez has travelled to Qatar for talks with a club before a potential move to the Middle East.

The 30-year-old Colombian international's status at Goodison has looked uncertain after manager Rafael Benitez replaced Carlo Ancelotti in the summer.

The former Real Madrid player, who joined Everton for £12m a year ago, has yet to play for Benitez this season, missing several games because of a coronavirus-related issue.

With Rodriguez's wages reported to be £200,000 a week, a move to another club would be a significant financial saving for Everton.

Benitez has talked about his frustration about not being able to sign more players because Financial Fair Play rules had "killed" the club.

Prior to the win over Burnley on 11 September, Benitez said of Rodriguez's future: "It's always up to the player. In the end he has the final decision. Some markets are open and then we had some problem with the Financial Fair Play rules, so we need to consider any option and see what happens."

Rodriguez, who has also played for Porto, Monaco and spent time on loan at Bayern Munich, made 26 appearances in all competitions for Everton last season, scoring six goals and registering nine assists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58586147?at_campaign=64&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom4=37063CDC-19FC-11EC-A011-B0B896E8478F&fbclid=IwAR2U1wDxqPVdGfMsq4Qbl3bn46Al_sv0bT3T0Vg_oq8hih3SY8C_6HCGgEg

According to Everton Journalist Alan Myers No deal has been struck with Quatar as of yet.

He's never going to play for us again, his poorly calf will be an excuse before every game unless he's asked to start as captain against Chelsea or something, and carried around the pitch on a throne by the U18 team.  He's a turd.

I'm sure I've used this analogy on here before but why not roll it out again...James is the mate who's a right good laugh, life and soul of the party, but difficult to pin down. So you arrange a night out around what's convenient for him - maybe a midweek night, or in a boozer near where he lives, because it was such a fucking laugh last time, and you all fork out for cabs to get there only for the twat to not turn up. He might text you the following day - "sorry mate, got held up at work" or some bollocks, and suggests that you rearrange something else because he's keen to catch-up.

So you rearrange again and again, and he lets you down again and again, until eventually you just stop bothering. Once you work out that it's not worth repeatedly turning your social life upside down just for the chance of the odd fleeting good night out with a mate who is, actually, a bit of a cunt when you think about it.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 21 Sep 2021, 12:23 pm

One thing is for certain, Rodriguez is a Mercenary, he wants his £200.000 plus a week, Everton allegedly bordering on FFP rules breach,
Objective get rid Rodriguez at all costs, rumour's Everton paying half his wages after Quatar Club Al ryyan agreed to pay 8 million Euro's loan fee.£6.9 million.
all depends on if James Agrees.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2021, 4:47 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

I'm sure I've used this analogy on here before but why not roll it out again...James is the mate who's a right good laugh, life and soul of the party, but difficult to pin down. So you arrange a night out around what's convenient for him - maybe a midweek night, or in a boozer near where he lives, because it was such a fucking laugh last time, and you all fork out for cabs to get there only for the twat to not turn up. He might text you the following day - "sorry mate, got held up at work" or some bollocks, and suggests that you rearrange something else because he's keen to catch-up.

So you rearrange again and again, and he lets you down again and again, until eventually you just stop bothering. Once you work out that it's not worth repeatedly turning your social life upside down just for the chance of the odd fleeting good night out with a mate who is, actually, a bit of a cunt when you think about it.

lol! exactly this
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 22 Sep 2021, 4:15 pm

Looks like it's now a done deal, according to Fabrizio Romano, who is rarely wrong.

It's too hot in Qatar to track back and help your full-back anyway, so it's a marriage made in heaven.

A wonderful but lazy player who was born 20 years too late. He's a Hagi type - let me stand in the centre circle pinging passes around while the rest of the team runs for me. That style just doesn't fit with the modern game.

I also wonder whether he actually likes football these days. At times he reminds me of my coaching days when kids just didn't want to be there but were still coming along to training to make their dads happy. In his case, for dad read agent and entourage. For all the money and the Instagram following, I'm not convinced he's happy in life. Good luck to him on that front anyway.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 22 Sep 2021, 4:36 pm

I never thought I'd say this but... he's no Andros Townsend.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22555
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 22 Sep 2021, 4:39 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Looks like it's now a done deal, according to Fabrizio Romano, who is rarely wrong.

It's too hot in Qatar to track back and help your full-back anyway, so it's a marriage made in heaven.

A wonderful but lazy player who was born 20 years too late. He's a Hagi type - let me stand in the centre circle pinging passes around while the rest of the team runs for me. That style just doesn't fit with the modern game.

I also wonder whether he actually likes football these days. At times he reminds me of my coaching days when kids just didn't want to be there but were still coming along to training to make their dads happy. In his case, for dad read agent and entourage. For all the money and the Instagram following, I'm not convinced he's happy in life. Good luck to him on that front anyway.

To be fair, he looked pretty happy when he was on a big boat in the Med with all his mates and a bevvy of beauties in bikinis, smoking a fag and downing a beer
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 22 Sep 2021, 4:56 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Looks like it's now a done deal, according to Fabrizio Romano, who is rarely wrong.

I wonder what the financial arrangements are  ???

Number of posts : 41048

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 22 Sep 2021, 5:02 pm

Confirmed on the OS

James Rodriguez has left Everton to sign for Qatari club Al Rayyan for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old Colombia international moves to the Middle East after 12 months at Goodison Park.

Having joined from Real Madrid in September 2020, James made 26 appearances in all competitions for Everton last season, scoring six goals.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2264973/colombian-james-completes-qatar-move?fbclid=IwAR0EX_sFb4qiYI1qbtdYXNMIWhpcy6fII3eVNGp_u0OgcmhvPIWUymDkVtc

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 22 Sep 2021, 5:28 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Confirmed on the OS

James Rodriguez has left Everton to sign for Qatari club Al Rayyan for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old Colombia international moves to the Middle East after 12 months at Goodison Park.

Having joined from Real Madrid in September 2020, James made 26 appearances in all competitions for Everton last season, scoring six goals.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2264973/colombian-james-completes-qatar-move?fbclid=IwAR0EX_sFb4qiYI1qbtdYXNMIWhpcy6fII3eVNGp_u0OgcmhvPIWUymDkVtc

I bet we're paying three quarters of his wages or something. Still, for those who think we should be building a team around him, strange that the only team prepared to sign him are the mighty Al Rayyan.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 22 Sep 2021, 5:54 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

I bet we're paying three quarters of his wages or something.  Still, for those who think we should be building a team around him, strange that the only team prepared to sign him are  the mighty Al Rayyan.
Yeah, I bet we're still paying mega for him,, we have history of being mugged long after someone leaves the building.

I didn't see us building around him personally, but I did think he should play (or at least figure as sub) while we paying for the twat.

Glad to see him go... overall yes...

FSW will be delighted to get rid of him as he hates him, so he never did have any chance anyway after Carlo fucked off

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 22 Sep 2021, 5:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I bet we're paying three quarters of his wages or something.  Still, for those who think we should be building a team around him, strange that the only team prepared to sign him are  the mighty Al Rayyan.
Yeah, I bet we're still paying mega for him,, we have history of being mugged long after someone leaves the building.

I didn't see us building around him personally, but I did think he should play (or at least figure as sub) while we paying for the twat.

FSW will be delighted to get rid of him as he hates him, so he never did have any chance anyway after Carlo fucked off

He didn't fit the more energetic style that Rafa likes to play, that's for sure. But, weirdly, even though he might be the most talented player we've signed in a long while, we're actually better to watch without him. The BBC have got a showreel of his best moments for Everton - it's exactly 38 seconds long. I reckon Townsend's and Gray's are already longer than that. Actually, scrub that bit about most talented, I'd say Richarlison is a better player. Certainly more important to us.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 22 Sep 2021, 6:15 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

He didn't fit the more energetic style that Rafa likes to play, that's for sure.  But, weirdly, even though he might be the most talented player we've signed in a long while, we're actually better to watch without him.  The BBC have got a showreel of his best moments for Everton - it's exactly 38 seconds long.  I reckon Townsend's and Gray's are already longer than that.  Actually, scrub that bit about most talented, I'd say Richarlison is a better player.  Certainly more important to us.
I agree re: Richie... and Townsend & Gray have been amazing.. and not expected to be either !

James reminds me a bit of Samuel Eto'o ... I remember spunking my pants when we signed him but he only played 14 times I think for us... with only a few goals

No-one really noticed or cared when he left... same for James.

We'll really miss Rondon though when he goes to the cake shop for an extended stint... but probably not at much as Josh King

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 22 Sep 2021, 7:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

To be fair, he looked pretty happy when he was on a big boat in the Med with all his mates and a bevvy of beauties in bikinis, smoking a fag and downing a beer

Aye. Like good old Georgie Best, who kept on telling the world how happy he was right up to the point where he drank himself to death.

But yeah, it's much more likely that James is just a shithouse who looks the part when things are going well but who shuts down when the going gets tough. Sadly he never actually had to face a wet Tuesday night in Stoke so we don't have the definitive judgement on that one.

Anyway, given that the Moshiri era increasingly reminds me of the dot.com bubble, I'm pleased that James is now gone, as the most egregious example of our expensive short-term transfer business folly when what we probably should have been doing was to build something a bit more sustainable with the long-term in mind.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 22 Sep 2021, 7:38 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Aye. Like good old Georgie Best, who kept on telling the world how happy he was right up to the point where he drank himself to death.

But yeah, it's much more likely that James is just a shithouse who looks the part when things are going well but who shuts down when the going gets tough. Sadly he never actually had to face a wet Tuesday night in Stoke so we don't have the definitive judgement on that one.

Anyway, given that the Moshiri era increasingly reminds me of the dot.com bubble, I'm pleased that James is now gone, as the most egregious example of our expensive short-term transfer business folly when what we probably should have been doing was to build something a bit more sustainable with the long-term in mind.

And yeah, this is absolutely me being wise after the event, because I was happy when we signed him. I was happy when Carlo arrived. Both decisions now look silly, in that neither was really ever going to last long. As a club we have to learn from these mistakes. There are no short cuts to success available to us. This is going to be a hard grind.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 22 Sep 2021, 9:45 pm

I'm still surprised Rafa didn't at least have him come off the bench when we needed to get a goal. But maybe he didn't play the last few weeks so he wouldn't get injured before his pending move.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 23 Sep 2021, 1:36 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I'm still surprised Rafa didn't at least have him come off the bench when we needed to get a goal. But maybe he didn't play the last few weeks so he wouldn't get injured before his pending move.

People don't realise how close we were to being reprimanded allegedly for breach FFP rules, James Rodriguez sale to Al Ryyan may have stopped us getting any reprimand.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

James Rodriguez - Page 5 Captur30

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58683208

Everton boss Rafael Benitez says he allowed James Rodriguez to leave the club because of his injury record and to free up funds for further signings.

The Colombia international, 30, spent a year at Goodison Park, having been signed by former boss Carlo Ancelotti.

But with wages of about £200,000 a week and having missed large parts of last season through injury, the midfielder joined Qatari club Al Rayyan this week.

"We have to maximise the resources we have," said Benitez.

"Having a player being available for 50% of games in the Premier League is not something we can manage easily."

Rodriguez started 21 Premier League games last season, scoring six goals.

After his departure, he said it was a "pity" he never played in front of fans at Goodison Park because of the coronavirus pandemic, and added: "I always tried to give my best and I always wanted to win - that is my mentality."

Even though Benitez is without injured forwards Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison for his team's home fixture with Norwich City, the Spaniard said he had to take a longer-term view on Rodriguez's departure.

He also said he had spoken to majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri, who indicated money was now available to buy players in January. Benitez previously explained that the club were unable to add to the £1.7m of spending in the summer because they had been "killed" by financial fair play rules.

"It's not easy to find good offers [for Rodriguez] when you want them. You have to manage them and we couldn't find the right ones before," Benitez said.

"I had that conversation [about January transfer funds] yesterday with Mr Moshiri and we are lucky enough to have owners who want to spend money, but we need to be sure we can do it in the right way.

"They are very keen to spend the money and improve the team."
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22555
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:58 pm

Listen, I never got to see Dixie Dean play live, so I can live without having seen James ping his calf in the 26th minute on that hallowed turf.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 25 Sep 2021, 8:44 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Listen, I never got to see Dixie Dean play live, so I can live without having seen James ping his calf in the 26th minute on that hallowed turf.
how come?... you were in your 20's then... right ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 14 Jan 2022, 12:40 am

Well done!

JAMES RODRÍGUEZ 🇨🇴 IS A HERO!

The Colombian player was vital in saving the life of Ousmane Coulbaly, who suffered a cardiac arrest during a game! 🚨

James helped by adjusting his rival’s head so that he could breathe properly, according to doctors.

https://twitter.com/beINSPORTSUSA/status/1481327960720351234
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 22 Feb 2022, 12:00 pm

Colombia playmaker James Rodriguez, 30, says he is open to returning to Everton, having left the club to join Qatari side Al Rayyan because former Toffees boss Rafael Benitez "didn't want to count" on him. (Twitch, via Goal)

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 07 Jun 2022, 12:58 pm

he's available on a free Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 15 Sep 2022, 9:18 am

Former Everton and Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez, 31, has completed a medical before a move to Greek club Olympiakos.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next