606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Rodriguez

+10
Yankthattoffee
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Helenqu
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
callmebubbles
Blue gazza
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

James Rodriguez - Page 2 Empty Re: James Rodriguez

Post  Armchair Fri 19 Feb 2021, 10:27 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:This came from an anonymous source close to Real Madrid. Allegedly he wants out due to weather, culture and English football being to rough. It sounds like complete bollocks.

The weather can't be holding any surprises for him. I doubt he's had chance to take in the culture given he's been in a fucking bubble. As for football being too rough, well if he can't handle that, he may as well go anyway.

The way I see it, if he sulks for the rest of the season, he'll be shit and may as well go anyway. If he hits form again, surely he'll be happy and will be more likely to stay.

Shit, I should probably be doing Brands job.

The fixer of El Ice Machine.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 23 Feb 2021, 9:19 pm

He's spursy as fuck, Hamez (old spurs, not shit Mourinho spurs). Capable of being utterly brilliant but ultimately a very luxury player. His pass to Richarlison for the derby goal is case in point, contrast this with him ambling about while we meekly offered 3 points to fulham at home. I'll still miss him if he goes, the sexy Colombian bastard.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 23 Feb 2021, 10:02 pm

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/20-21/news/40511.html

i'm not nervous about him going Laughing
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 24 Feb 2021, 12:10 am

I read the other day that James is in the top 10 sportsmen (yeah, they were all men) for Instagram followers. Lebron James, Virat Kohli and seven other footy players completed that list.

There's a lot of merchandise to be sold by the club around the world off the back of that. For that reason alone, they'll move heaven and earth to keep him comfy and happy.

Assuming his central heating still isn't working properly, my solution is to build the new stadium in Torremolinos. My regular match-going days are over anyway so I don't give a fuck.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 24 Feb 2021, 1:39 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:I read the other day that James is in the top 10 sportsmen (yeah, they were all men) for Instagram followers. Lebron James, Virat Kohli and seven other footy players completed that list.

There's a lot of merchandise to be sold by the club around the world off the back of that. For that reason alone, they'll move heaven and earth to keep him comfy and happy.

Assuming his central heating still isn't working properly, my solution is to build the new stadium in Torremolinos. My regular match-going days are over anyway so I don't give a fuck.
I wonder what our shirt sales are like?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Feb 2021, 3:31 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:I read the other day that James is in the top 10 sportsmen (yeah, they were all men) for Instagram followers. Lebron James, Virat Kohli and seven other footy players completed that list.

Not sure, but I bet the shirt vendors selling knock-off copies in various Columbian street markets are happy.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Feb 2021, 1:13 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Not sure, but I bet the shirt vendors selling knock-off copies in various Columbian street markets are happy.

All these reports by Kopites to upset him before the Derby, Carlo Anchelotti has reaffirmed that James Rodriguez is very happy at Everton and the player himself has said he is great-full to the club for putting trust in him.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 24 Feb 2021, 7:29 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

All clubs have the same problem of knock-off merchandise. That goes with the territory.

Average global shirt sales per year from 2011/12 - 2015/16 (official sales, not including knock-offs):
Man U 1,750,000
Chelsea 900,000
Liverpool 852,000
Arsenal 835,000
Man City 342,000
Spurs 268,000
Everton 80,000

(Source: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2016/10/16/man-utd-pip-real-madrid-and-barca-in-global-shirt-sales-league-161001/)

That's old info. I can't find anything more recent for Everton, but the link below shows that these sales are increasing on a whopping fucking scale:

2018/19 global shirt sales:
Man U 3,250,000
Liverpool 1,670,000
Chelsea 1,525,000
Man City 1,085,000

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1118294/football-shirt-sales-by-club/

This stuff matters. You don't go to Liverpool city centre and see ten times as many red shirts as blue ones. Global sales drive those disparities. The big clubs have been generating worldwide merch growth for years now. And does anyone really think the Glazers are dipping into their own pockets every time they want to waste £80M on an immobile defender? No, that's coming from the revenue that they make themselves.

We've just come through a transfer window in which, apparently, our ability to make signings was restricted by FFP issues. FFP is linked to incoming revenue. The more we earn from TV, ticket sales and commercial activity, the more we can spend on players and wages. So we will never get to the same commercial level as United; certainly not on the back on one marquee signing. But the commercial income driven by the James signing might at least allow us to spend more money on another Davy Klaassen.   Very Happy

There are other knock-on effects: more kits sold means more money made by, and from, the kit manufacturers. Which could increase the bids when the Hummel deal ends. Adidas or Nike might fancy a piece of the Everton action, especially with the new stadium around the corner, and might weigh in with a bid that might allow us to sign, say, the next Darron Gibson. Could even spill into stadium naming rights. The Bramley Moore Adidas-Stadion has quite a nice ring to it...

(Not sure I'm selling this particularly well, but bear with me...)

With James being a top 10 Instagram superstar, it won't only be Evertonians buying his shirt. Neutrals will buy it too. Some of those neutrals may become Evertonians over time. We can scoff at the number of American and Malaysian fans the Shite have, but it brings in money. Otherwise they wouldn't always be travelling to these places for lucrative friendlies. And they ain't going over there to drive black market sales.

So, signing James brings commercial potential that dwarfs any other signing we've ever made. It's up to the club to exploit that.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:19 pm

"Great" journalism... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

And Richard Keys has written in his blog that he always knew the 29-year-old would eventually ‘disappear’ for Carlo Ancelotti, claiming that Everton are better off without him.

He said: “After a couple of good games in blistering sunshine – against run of mill opposition – James disappeared, as I knew he would. And Everton are better without him.”

There’s no denying that there’s been a bit of a drop-off but no, Everton aren’t better off without him.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/22/everton-better-off-without-him-richard-keys-lays-into-star-whos-disappeared-for-ancelotti/
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 23 Mar 2021, 4:37 pm

I wish we'd been allowed in to Goodison to see his first few games, cos it would have been wonderful to see a player like James flaunt his world-class skills in a blue shirt, albeit very briefly. Still, we might be able to see him play in August/September, by which time he might be fit again for a short spell, before it rains and he gets another mystery calf injury.

Overall, he was probably just about worth the transfer fee of nil pence.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Mar 2021, 12:28 pm

Hamez is trending on Twitter right now. Word is that he's transitioning to a woman and has already had his cock taken off, which according to one tweet "explains why he's missed several games recently." Well yeah, it's more than just a knock, I suppose.

Huge if true!  cheers  You've got to love the internet, eh?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 25 Mar 2021, 2:13 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Hamez is trending on Twitter right now. Word is that he's transitioning to a woman and has already had his cock taken off, which according to one tweet "explains why he's missed several games recently." Well yeah, it's more than just a knock, I suppose.

Huge cock ?? ... or huge news ? king

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Mar 2021, 5:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Hamez is trending on Twitter right now. Word is that he's transitioning to a woman and has already had his cock taken off, which according to one tweet "explains why he's missed several games recently." Well yeah, it's more than just a knock, I suppose.

Sorry mate, I have no insider info on the size of his cock.

Nothing out of the club yet, so I'm going to file the rumours that James Rodriguez has had his cock removed mid-season and wants to live as a woman under "International Break Tittle-Tattle."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 25 Mar 2021, 6:26 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Sorry mate, I have no insider info on the size of his cock.

Nothing out of the club yet, so I'm going to file the rumours that James Rodriguez has had his cock removed mid-season and wants to live as a woman under "International Break Tittle-Tattle."
just seen the training pictures posted on the OS... and there are at least 2 that definitely highlight his package Very Happy

Of course... this could be a post-operative trans swelling king

https://www.evertonfc.com/galleries/2077478

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 25 Mar 2021, 7:05 pm

"Carlo Ancelotti will decide whether to start James Rodriguez twice in the space of seven days when Everton travel to Brighton and Hove Albion next week.
Ancelotti has conceded there were times this season when the Colombian was 'not 100 per cent' resulting in him missing four games with a calf injury following the victory at Liverpool in February."

1 game every week should be minimum requirement.
He'll last just 60 -70 minutes anyway.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 28 May 2021, 5:00 pm

James Rodriguez has hit out at the decision by the Colombian national team to drop him from the squad for the Copa America and World Cup qualifiers.

The Everton playmaker has been deemed as not at his “optimal level” by his country and so omitted from the squad for games with Peru and Argentina at the start of next month as well as the Copa America tournament.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 28 May 2021, 5:22 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:James Rodriguez has hit out at the decision by the Colombian national team to drop him from the squad for the Copa America and World Cup qualifiers.

The Everton playmaker has been deemed as not at his “optimal level” by his country and so omitted from the squad for games with Peru and Argentina at the start of next month as well as the Copa America tournament.
well, I guess that is payback for missing games with fake injuries and/or broken finger nails... not at all surprised given the amount of time he's been missing for us

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 28 May 2021, 5:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:James Rodriguez has hit out at the decision by the Colombian national team to drop him from the squad for the Copa America and World Cup qualifiers.

well, I guess that is payback for missing games with fake injuries and/or broken finger nails... not at all surprised given the amount of time he's been missing for us

Maybe, although its the same calf injury that he's had since 2018. It would explain why Real were so happy to get rid and why every time he misses a game for us, the injury is shrouded inmystery. Basically we knew he was crocked but took a massive punt on him getting fit.

Hopefully a rest will help, but obviously it won't.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 29 May 2021, 5:07 pm

I hope that he uses the summer to get fully fit and maybe he'll even come back stronger and better than ever.

Nurse - more meds over here please!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 01 Jun 2021, 5:26 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I hope that he uses the summer to get fully fit and maybe he'll even come back stronger and better than ever.

Next year's World Cup will be his last so hopefully this non-selection is a wake up call and he realises he won't get picked if he strolls around the pitch for his club, barely breaking sweat.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 01 Jun 2021, 6:01 pm

Armchair wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I hope that he uses the summer to get fully fit and maybe he'll even come back stronger and better than ever.

Next year's World Cup will be his last so hopefully this non-selection is a wake up call and he realises he won't get picked if he strolls around the pitch for his club, barely breaking sweat.

Well that's him fucked then. Has he ever done anything else in his career? I would imagine we'll get more of the same "ouch my calf hurts mum, can I come and sit on the bench now please?" but with an extra helping of "nobody loves me mummy, can I come and sit on the bench now please?"
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 01 Jun 2021, 6:22 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Well that's him fucked then.  Has he ever done anything else in his career?  I would imagine we'll get more of the same "ouch my calf hurts mum, can I come and sit on the bench now please?" but with an extra helping of  "nobody loves me mummy, can I come and sit on the bench now please?"

Surely he'll be off now Ancellotti has done one?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 01 Jun 2021, 6:41 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Well that's him fucked then.  Has he ever done anything else in his career?  I would imagine we'll get more of the same "ouch my calf hurts mum, can I come and sit on the bench now please?" but with an extra helping of  "nobody loves me mummy, can I come and sit on the bench now please?"

I would have thought so. Perhaps he could bring Iwobi with him in a two-for-one deal?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 01 Jun 2021, 8:19 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:

I would have thought so.  Perhaps he could bring Iwobi with him in a two-for-one deal?

I'm happy to put Iwobi on Freecycle to be honest. Or eBay. No reserve price, and if he goes for a quid then that's fine. Collection only though.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 15 Jun 2021, 2:07 pm

James Rodriguez insists he is 'fine' to remain at Everton next season.

Carlo Ancelotti reunited with the 29-year-old last summer after working together at both Real Madrid and Bayern Munich before the Italian made a shock exit from his post at Goodison Park last week.

James has since been linked with a return to Madrid - and been left out of the Colombia squad for the Copa America due to contested fitness concerns - but told his social media channels he is happy at Everton.

The forward is under contract until 2022 and Everton have the option of triggering a further season at Goodison Park.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-rodriguez-carlo-ancelotti-everton-20803738?fbclid=IwAR1QMYuPJG9AvN1fn8jqzncUHieI75dQwuzfugkdC1RksFHppsmw3jpT-qk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next