606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Rodriguez

+10
Yankthattoffee
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Helenqu
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
callmebubbles
Blue gazza
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

James Rodriguez - Page 3 Empty Re: James Rodriguez

Post  Armchair Tue 15 Jun 2021, 2:53 pm

James said when asked about a potential move to Real Madrid with Ancelotti: "I don't know. I think not.... If I stay another year [at Everton] that's fine."

Gosh, such commitment to club.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 15 Jun 2021, 3:48 pm

Armchair wrote:
James said when asked about a potential move to Real Madrid with Ancelotti: "I don't know. I think not.... If I stay another year [at Everton] that's fine."

Gosh, such commitment to club.

The full quote concluded "... after all, I'll be on my holidays from the middle of March, so it's not like a full season or anything and.. oh fuck, there goes me calf again... nurse!"
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 17 Jun 2021, 1:28 pm

If true, can't say I'm bothered about him moving on.
He gave us 6-7 great performances and a few beautiful goals.
Will the dressing room miss him?

Bonnet says that is a distinct possibility, and there’s even a clause in his Everton contract to allow it to happen.

“They tell me that yes, James Rodríguez does have the option to return to Real Madrid,” Bonnet told Blog Deportivo, relayed by the Colombian edition of Marca.

“The president (Florentino Pérez) wants him; the coach has asked for him.

“Obviously, those who arrive will have to reduce their salary, and James Rodríguez would be part of that reduction.

“The source says that James Rodriguez would have no cost for Real Madrid; he would recover an asset.

“Within the conditions of the move to Everton was that if he was asked for by any technical director he could return without cost.”
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 20 Jun 2021, 12:56 pm

not arsed if he goes or not, hardly plays anyway, at least it got our club a lot more worldwide awareness.

upwards and onwards, look to the future
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 24 Jun 2021, 2:38 am

Everton playmaker James Rodriguez's representatives have offered him to Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan and Napoli as the 29-year-old Colombia international appears ready to leave the Goodison Park club.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Thu 24 Jun 2021, 8:48 am

Was a good player to watch (for the few times he was on the pitch) not a great loss for us IMHO. Get a younger, fitter player in to give the side some energy.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 24 Jun 2021, 10:30 am

Helenqu wrote:Was a good player to watch (for the few times he was on the pitch) not a great loss for us IMHO. Get a younger, fitter player in to give the side some energy.

Welcome back Helen its been a while! cheers

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9792

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 24 Jun 2021, 2:43 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Helenqu wrote:Was a good player to watch (for the few times he was on the pitch) not a great loss for us IMHO. Get a younger, fitter player in to give the side some energy.

Welcome back Helen its been a while! cheers

I'd rather Helen stuck around than James, to be fair.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14857
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Helenqu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Thu 24 Jun 2021, 3:00 pm

Thank you both Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 24 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm

I guess it depends on who we would sign to replace him. Would we get someone of his calibre again? There aren't many players with his ability to pick a long range pass or unlock a defence, and certainly none that I can think of who would want to sign for a mid-table PL club. So...keep him. But play Helen at right back to add some defensive steel to that side of the pitch.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Fri 25 Jun 2021, 11:38 am

Armchair wrote:play Helen at right back to add some defensive steel to that side of the pitch.
Only if I can use hockey stick!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 25 Jun 2021, 7:13 pm

Those opening 4 games were terrific, but the derby just came too soon.
James injury and Richie's red card knocked us off track for a while, if not the whole season.
The samba boys by the flag was memorable, but it just couldn't last.
Even so, I think Carlo got off lightly, even after he jumped into his getaway car.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 26 Jun 2021, 1:28 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Those opening 4 games were terrific, but the derby just came too soon.
James injury and Richie's red card knocked us off track for a while, if not the whole season.
Even so, I think Carlo got off lightly, even after he jumped into his getaway car.

James at Everton last season was lipstick on a pig. He was the free pen you got if you took out Sun Life Insurance. Free, looks nice, but will stop working eventually.

He was part of the Ancelotti dividend but given that Ancelotti's tactics at Everton are already undergoing scientific trials to see if they can cure insomnia, what was the point?

At least he sold us some shirts.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14857
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Helenqu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 26 Jun 2021, 3:05 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Those opening 4 games were terrific, but the derby just came too soon.

James at Everton last season was lipstick on a pig. He was the free pen you got if you took out Sun Life Insurance. Free, looks nice, but will stop working eventually.

He was part of the Ancelotti dividend but given that Ancelotti's tactics at Everton are already undergoing scientific trials to see if they can cure insomnia, what was the point?

At least he sold us some shirts.

If he was remotely motivated to stay, I'd definitely keep him. None of us really know what his motivation is or whether he wants to be there, but deep down of course we know. If he pisses off to Milan, I presume we get a fee for him?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 07 Jul 2021, 2:15 pm

he's staying isn't he ?... (I'm catching up on news)

If so I'm happy about that... for one.

He's missed a lot but his flair & technical ability is undoubted.... just needs to lose the sicknotes

Number of posts : 41056

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 02 Aug 2021, 1:00 pm

Colombia playmaker James Rodriguez, 30, has been told he does not feature in manager Rafael Benitez's plans at Everton and is free to leave if the club receives a suitable offer.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 02 Aug 2021, 8:28 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Colombia playmaker James Rodriguez, 30, has been told he does not feature in manager Rafael Benitez's plans at Everton and is free to leave if the club receives a suitable offer.
Milan are thought to be leading the race for James, who joined Everton from Real Madrid last year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 02 Aug 2021, 9:57 pm

Dunno why we appear so keen to get rid. It's not like we have loads of creativity in midfield, or are likely to attract someone else of his calibre.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 02 Aug 2021, 10:33 pm

So. We're planning to start the season without James, Sigurdsson and Richarlison, and with a half-fit DCL after his long break. Sounds like a good plan. As long as we're not planning to score any goals, of course.

What's Spanish for "park the bus", cos that's what Rafa will be drilling into the squad this week.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 03 Aug 2021, 12:29 am

hairy cataract wrote:So.  We're planning to start the season without James, Sigurdsson and Richarlison, and with a half-fit DCL after his long break.  Sounds like a good plan. As long as we're not planning to score any goals, of course.

What's Spanish for "park the bus", cos that's what Rafa will be drilling into the squad this week.

and we have the easiest opening 5 or 6 games as, err,....last season.
Tell Jimmy to recreate the opening 4 games, and then bugger off to UAE.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 03 Aug 2021, 10:21 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:So.  We're planning to start the season without James, Sigurdsson and Richarlison, and with a half-fit DCL after his long break.  Sounds like a good plan. As long as we're not planning to score any goals, of course.

latest Journo reports suggest that Rodriguez is (allegedly) earning £200.000 a week and this is why Benitez wants rid.
I honestly believe Carlo Anchelotti left Everton after being told he wouldn't have a pot to piss in by Farhad Moshiri.
proves my point about Benitez being a mercenary taking a job on with out any funds.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10615
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 03 Aug 2021, 10:26 am

SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

latest Journo reports suggest that Rodriguez is (allegedly) earning £200.000 a week and this is why Benitez wants rid.
I honestly believe Carlo Anchelotti left Everton after being told he wouldn't have a pot to piss in by Farhad Moshiri.
proves my point about Benitez being a mercenary taking a job on with out any funds.
I hope FSW will be sacked by Christmas... getting rid of decent players & buying near freebie dross & hasbeans won't work for long.... we tried it with Walcott, King & the like.

I realize we need to reduce the wage bill, but do that by binning poor fringe players not the few decent players that we actually have...

Can't wait to see the fat twat binned, afterall he shouldn't be at a small club should he with his magnificent history Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 03 Aug 2021, 10:45 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I hope FSW will be sacked by Christmas... getting rid of decent players & buying near freebie dross & hasbeans won't work for long.... we tried it with Walcott, King & the like.

I realize we need to reduce the wage bill, but do that by binning poor fringe players not the few decent players that we actually have...

Can't wait to see the fat twat binned, afterall he shouldn't be at a small club should he with his magnificent history Wink

Well M4G,i don't see us challenging this season, be lucky to get 10th place.
stupid mistake allowing Richarlison time away for Olympics straight after Copa America, he's not going to be fit at all.
DCL will take a few weeks to recover.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10615
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 03 Aug 2021, 10:45 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I'm hoping for the opposite.
It looks like Jimmy is the only real talent likely to leave.
Let's face it, he was poor after those opening 4 games. Looked either unfit or disinterested, and we all felt the same about his fear of lousy weather.
If Brands has a number 10 lined up, plus a RB and maybe CB, we'll be in good shape.
The feck up with the dosh, was 3-4 years ago. We always knew there would be a time of reckoning.
Let's give Benitez a shot at it first, before we condemn him.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 03 Aug 2021, 1:23 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I'm hoping for the opposite.
It looks like Jimmy is the only real talent likely to leave.
Let's face it, he was poor after those opening 4 games. Looked either unfit or disinterested, and we all felt the same about his fear of lousy weather.
If Brands has a number 10 lined up, plus a RB and maybe CB, we'll be in good shape.
The feck up with the dosh, was 3-4 years ago. We always knew there would be a time of reckoning.
Let's give Benitez a shot at it first, before we condemn him.
I don't think it will ever matter what he does ... I can't stand Benitez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next