606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+34
Knight of Thorgothshire
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
The President
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
SEFTON
Yankthattoffee
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Tonteau
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Gravy & Chips
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
Luka Perfect
Super
Dixie Land
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Statman
anticipate_the_pass
El Pablo
My other LB is a Ferrari
Michael Crosby S74
38 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 5 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  hairy cataract Tue 10 Dec 2013, 2:33 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Just seen that Demba Ba was apparently offered to Wet Spam but he turned the move down.  Chelsea are apparently trying to offload him so they can buy another striker.

Given that we have a big bargaining chip in Lukaku, do you think we should offer to take Ba off their hands on a free, shave a bit off his wages (or let Chelsea pick it up) in return for letting Lukaku go back to them earlier?

Just wondering if Ba would do as good a job in Everton's team as Lukaku has?

Ba's a shameless mercenary, albeit a decent enough striker. I'd rather keep Romelu, wait for chelsea to buy Falcao in jan and then see if they'll take £25m in toffee mints and IOUs for Lukaku in july.

I think Chelsea were right to loan Lukaku out to us. He's still learning his craft, and his progress will be accelerated by getting regular starts with us. To be honest, it's a lose-lose situation for us; if Lukaku has a fantastic season, Chelsea will take him back and start him up front next season. If he has a so-so season, they'll try to sell him to us for £25m, which he won't be worth, and we'll have to take a decision - overpay for a decent striker, or tell them to fuck off and hope the batteries in Kone's wheelchair don't run out.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 5 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 10 Dec 2013, 3:36 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Just seen that Demba Ba was apparently offered to Wet Spam but he turned the move down.  Chelsea are apparently trying to offload him so they can buy another striker.

Given that we have a big bargaining chip in Lukaku, do you think we should offer to take Ba off their hands on a free, shave a bit off his wages (or let Chelsea pick it up) in return for letting Lukaku go back to them earlier?

Ba's a shameless mercenary, albeit a decent enough striker. I'd rather keep Romelu, wait for chelsea to buy Falcao in jan and then see if they'll take £25m in toffee mints and IOUs for Lukaku in july.

Doesn't Ba play Ramadan like Kone? He can believe what he wants but it would make him next to useless for us for a good 2 months. Or was that just an excuse for Kone being shite?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:56 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Doesn't Ba play Ramadan like Kone? He can believe what he wants but it would make him next to useless for us for a good 2 months. Or was that just an excuse for Kone being shite?

lol! http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-wanted-demba-ba-transfer-2916493
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 13 Dec 2013, 7:34 pm

taken from everton RUMOUR page

13 Dec 2013 13:58:54
You heard it here first folks, I have a mate who is a chelski fan & lives near their stadium, he told me on the phone this morning that mourinhio wants baines in the January window to replace Ashley cole & is willing to sell lukaku in exchange with us paying 6-8 million in cash the other way. He reckons Martinez has been in London at some stage this week thrashing out a deal with the abramovich hierarchy!! Whilst this is only a rumour as far as I'm concerned, to be fair my mate doesn't usually make stories up, so although I'm quite excited by this one.we will have to wait & see if there is any truth in it!

cheers cheers cheers cheers  i would go with that, deffo
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 13 Dec 2013, 7:39 pm

Blueberto wrote:taken from everton RUMOUR page

You heard it here first folks, I have a mate who is a chelski fan & lives near their stadium, he told me on the phone this morning that mourinhio wants baines in the January window to replace Ashley cole & is willing to sell lukaku in exchange with us paying 6-8 million in cash the other way. He reckons Martinez has been in London at some stage this week thrashing out a deal with the abramovich hierarchy!! Whilst this is only a rumour as far as I'm concerned, to be fair my mate doesn't usually make stories up, so although I'm quite excited by this one.we will have to wait & see if there is any truth in it!

much as i like Baines... this would be ace imho

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:50 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

much as i like Baines... this would be ace imho

Deal!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 13 Dec 2013, 9:15 pm

I would take that deal as well, maybe a bit less than £6-8M going to Chelsea, but it would also mean he's NOT going to ManUre which would be the icing on the cake.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 14 Dec 2013, 1:42 am

Not being funny or dissing this rumour in any way but it's complete and utter bollocks, Baines is worth £8m at most, given the amount of time left on his contract, just to buy out what is left of it. Lukaku is probably worth all of £25m in today's market, a £6m cash payment for the difference isn't going to cut it.

On the plus side, I'm buying angolina Jolie for the night for my old maccano set and two curly whurlies to make up the difference  cheers 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sat 14 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

Cant't see this happening at all but i'd be made up if it did come off!  Very Happy 
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 14 Dec 2013, 6:10 pm

Merseyblue wrote:Cant't see this happening at all but i'd be made up if it did come off!  Very Happy 

Neither can I but it would very much piss off the RS.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 22 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm

Lukaku has gone off the boil

Still doing a lot of pointing and his first touch is not as good as it was.
Needs to up his game a bit
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:30 pm

The President wrote: Lukaku has gone off the boil

Agreed but if certain players (in particular Mirallas) put the ball where he points maybe he would get back to slotting.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:31 pm

I thought he held the ball up well today (although I only saw the 2nd half).
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:31 pm

Statman wrote:

Agreed but if certain players (in particular Mirallas) put the ball where he points maybe he would get back to slotting.

Mirallas really pissed me off today. The sooner Dellyfoofoo is back to challenge for that position the better. Too greedy, and at all the wrong times.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:52 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Statman wrote:

Mirallas really pissed me off today. The sooner Dellyfoofoo is back to challenge for that position the better. Too greedy, and at all the wrong times.

Compare that with Ratboy yesterday and his lay off to Sterling. No greed, just good football. (spit spit)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:59 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Statman wrote:

Agree Mirallas can be frustrating when he shoots instead of playing a simple ball to his unmarked teammates.

I'd like to see Lukaku do a bit more running and get involved in the build up play more like when he first arrived.   He almost looks a bit lazy at the momment - standing still in the box.  I can barely remember him touching the ball today.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 28 Dec 2013, 1:14 am

Romelu Lukaku has gone five matches without a goal, his longest barren run in the last two seasons.

Now is the time to start scoring again
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 28 Dec 2013, 1:09 pm

The President wrote:Romelu Lukaku has gone five matches without a goal, his longest barren run in the last two seasons.

Now is the time to start scoring again
When we went down to 10 men , he started to put more movement into his game. He's clearly playing to RM's instructions, which keeps him more central. I predict a couple against the Saints.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm

THE CRACKEN AWAKES  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 31 Dec 2013, 12:07 am

Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 20, believes he can finish ahead of parent club Chelsea and win the Premier League title while on loan at Everton.
Romelu Lukaku
Full story: the Times (subscription)

See what a goal can do to confidence  Suspect 
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 31 Dec 2013, 9:08 am

The President wrote:
Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 20, believes he can finish ahead of parent club Chelsea and win the Premier League title while on loan at Everton.
Romelu Lukaku

I hope he wasn't drugs tested after the game.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 31 Dec 2013, 10:55 am

Great Read --- what a guy !!  I love you I love you 
Just read this in the work canteen ... the full article is subscription on line, but if you have a copy of the times near you, this is worth reading ! ... (I know, I know, I'm a snobby Times reader)

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/everton/article3961440.ece

Romelu Lukaku claims Everton can win Premier League title

The first person Romelu Lukaku told was his father and agent, Roger. He phoned straight after his first training session as an Everton player and his voice shot through with excitement. “We did something very good here,” he kept repeating.
The second person Lukaku told was Phil Jagielka. He mentioned it on the bus back to Liverpool after Roberto Martínez’s side had beaten West Ham United. Jagielka, not the sort to succumb to hyperbole, “just laughed”.
Now, though, Lukaku is happy to let everyone know what he had previously only whispered, in private and in confidence. Everton can win the league...

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 31 Dec 2013, 4:39 pm

The President wrote:
Romelu Lukaku

Maybe he was having a drink or two to celebrate the win  Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 5 F_ale Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 5 F_ale 

"I luvsh Everton, they're my besht mate! We gun' win the league!"
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 01 Jan 2014, 12:14 pm

get on the phone bill, make them an offer

Mourinho to be frozen out of January market: Jose Mourinho will have no money to spend in the January transfer window after Chelsea lost nearly £50 million in the last year, putting them at risk of falling foul of the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules. The Blues boss will also be told that he must sell before he buys in the summer.

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 01 Jan 2014, 2:54 pm

Blueberto wrote:get on the phone bill, make them an offer

Mourinho to be frozen out of January market: Jose Mourinho will have no money to spend in the January transfer window after Chelsea lost nearly £50 million in the last year, putting them at risk of falling foul of the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules. The Blues boss will also be told that he must sell before he buys in the summer.

Just read this morning they have signed an African 18 year old today.  Laughing 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next