606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+34
Knight of Thorgothshire
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
The President
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
SEFTON
Yankthattoffee
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Tonteau
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Gravy & Chips
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
Luka Perfect
Super
Dixie Land
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Statman
anticipate_the_pass
El Pablo
My other LB is a Ferrari
Michael Crosby S74
38 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Statman Fri 29 Nov - 23:53

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:He comes across as pretty arrogant in that piece - not necessarily a bad thing for a striker, but I wonder if he's quite as good as he thinks he is?  
I think that he is probably closer to being as good as he thinks he is than Kone is.
i think he's better than he thinks he is ... he's only 20 !!

Sign him
Not a snowball's chance in hell OR not a comet's chance when getting near the sun. I hope I'm wrong though.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  hairy cataract Sat 30 Nov - 9:29

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:He comes across as pretty arrogant in that piece - not necessarily a bad thing for a striker, but I wonder if he's quite as good as he thinks he is?  
I think that he is probably closer to being as good as he thinks he is than Kone is.

Sign him
Not a snowball's chance in hell OR not a comet's chance when getting near the sun. I hope I'm wrong though.
I know I'll be the only one to say this, but I would be really happy if he did one more loan season with us, then went back to Chelsea. He'll be incredibly motivated throughout the entire period, and I get the feeling he's a guy who needs to be playing for a huge money club to feed his ego. If we signed him, he'd cost us a billion quid and in three seasons he'd be a fat lump with a titty lip complaining about the service he was getting from Naismith on the wing affraid 
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 30 Nov - 9:38

hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:

Sign him
I know I'll be the only one to say this, but I would be really happy if he did one more loan season with us, then went back to Chelsea.  He'll be incredibly motivated throughout the entire period, and I get the feeling he's a guy who needs to be playing for a huge money club to feed his ego.  If we signed him, he'd cost us a billion quid and in three seasons he'd be a fat lump with a titty lip complaining about the service he was getting from Naismith on the wing affraid 

Actually Hairy the printed transcript of the interview does him no justice.... I listened to the interview with Pat Murphy last night on Radio 5 Live... and everyone on the panel were complimenting him how level headed he was... he actually says he wants to be the best and he can only get there by working harder more frequently on his game... when asked what he needed to improve he said straight away.... "Everything... my back to goal.... I can shoot with left but not as strong as my right... short passes... deeper layoffs.... if I am to be as good as the Messi,s ... Drogba's .... then I have to work really hard...."

Two of the panel think that he could still be at Everton... certainly if they were in the CL next year..

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9782
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 30 Nov - 11:22

Let me see, Chelsea have a crocked eto, a shit Torres and a disinterested Ba, why would they want a young! talented and hungry, 20+ goal a season striker back at the end of the season! especially when they own him?

We are never going to buy him, even if we could afford him, if Chelsea wanted to sell him there would be a queue a mile long at their door all vying for his signature.

So let's just enjoy him this season, try to get into Europe and wait to see how well his replacement, the 30 odd year old "can't score, won't score" Kone does in his stead.

We are so lucky boberto's scouting system was able to trawl through all the up and coming talent across the whole of Europe and South America and was able to discover the ageing Kone hiding at his old club.... Mad 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 30 Nov - 12:25

Uwist61 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:

Sign him
I know I'll be the only one to say this, but I would be really happy if he did one more loan season with us, then went back to Chelsea.  He'll be incredibly motivated throughout the entire period, and I get the feeling he's a guy who needs to be playing for a huge money club to feed his ego.  If we signed him, he'd cost us a billion quid and in three seasons he'd be a fat lump with a titty lip complaining about the service he was getting from Naismith on the wing affraid 
Actually Hairy the printed transcript of the interview does him no justice.... I listened to the interview with Pat Murphy last night on Radio 5 Live... and everyone on the panel were complimenting him how level headed he was... he actually says he wants to be the best and he can only get there by working harder more frequently on his game... when asked what he needed to improve he said straight away.... "Everything... my back to goal.... I can shoot with left but not as strong as my right... short passes... deeper layoffs....  if I am to be as good as the Messi,s ... Drogba's .... then I have to work really hard...."

Two of the panel think that he could still be at Everton... certainly if they were in the CL next year..
just saw the interview on Football FOcus & Luka openly says he would stay at Everton if we can get European football ....

He falling in love with us ... now all we need to do is deliver

COYB

Number of posts : 40860

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 30 Nov - 14:31

Uwist61 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:

Sign him
Actually Hairy the printed transcript of the interview does him no justice.... I listened to the interview with Pat Murphy last night on Radio 5 Live... and everyone on the panel were complimenting him how level headed he was... he actually says he wants to be the best and he can only get there by working harder more frequently on his game... when asked what he needed to improve he said straight away.... "Everything... my back to goal.... I can shoot with left but not as strong as my right... short passes... deeper layoffs....  if I am to be as good as the Messi,s ... Drogba's .... then I have to work really hard...."

just saw the interview on Football FOcus & Luka openly says he would stay at Everton if we can get European football ....

He falling in love with us ... now all we need to do is deliver

COYB
Can we apply for the Intertoto cup?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 30 Nov - 14:50

BBC has stated that Lukaku has the best minute per goal strike record EVER in the EPL ... better than Shearer, Van Horsehead, Rooney etc...

WTF do we want

Sign him at all costs if he is interested in staying

We will never get a better opportunity to have a world class striker on our books

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Nov - 15:54

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:BBC has stated that Lukaku has the best minute per goal strike record EVER in the EPL ... better than Shearer, Van Horsehead, Rooney etc...

WTF do we want

Sign him at all costs if he is interested in staying

We will never get a better opportunity to have a world class striker on our books
Not so sure mate. Naismith will come good....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Nov - 17:18

Not sure what to make out of this one. Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Confused scratch 

MANAGER REACTION - Everton 4-0 Stoke
Everton boss Roberto Martinez on on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku after Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said he didn't know why the Belgian striker went to Everton: "You are always going to get situations like that. When a player is on loan, there is always communication between the players and the clubs but it doesn't matter what happens in the press, he is focused.

"He was a presence for us throughout the game."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 30 Nov - 21:44

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Not sure what to make out of this one. Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Confused scratch 

MANAGER REACTION - Everton 4-0 Stoke
Everton boss Roberto Martinez on on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku after Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said he didn't know why the Belgian striker went to Everton: "You are always going to get situations like that. When a player is on loan, there is always communication between the players and the clubs but it doesn't matter what happens in the press, he is focused.

"He was a presence for us throughout the game."
I don't think it means anything. Just a bland response.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Sun 1 Dec - 7:27

Statman wrote:

Sign him
I think he is better than he thinks he is but not as good as you think he is and he is about as good as I think he is
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 1 Dec - 9:32

Perfect Heit wrote:
Statman wrote:

Sign him
I think he is better than he thinks he is but not as good as you think he is and he is about as good as I think he is
must be good then cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 3 Dec - 9:50

I know this is probably rubbish but...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/12/02/everton-told-to-pay-25m-for-chelsea-forward-romelu-lukaku/

if we were offered Lukaku for £25m, would you accept £10m for Baines to help pay for the deal? Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Confused
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 3 Dec - 10:40

Sack the Juggler wrote:I know this is probably rubbish but...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/12/02/everton-told-to-pay-25m-for-chelsea-forward-romelu-lukaku/

if we were offered Lukaku for £25m, would you accept £10m for Baines to help pay for the deal? Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Confused 
Obviously it's utter shite, and his wage demands would be ludicrous, and he'd probably turn into a fat old blob as soon as he signed, but other than that, in the realms of fantasy....

Are we talking about selling Baines in January or at the end of the season? At the end of the season, I'd take the £10m, add it to the Fellaini money, sell Hibbo for £5m, and buy Lukaku.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 3 Dec - 10:47

YES

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 3 Dec - 11:25

YES
x2. I will drive Baines to Old Trafford now.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 3 Dec - 12:59

Super wrote:

YES
x2.  I will drive Baines to Old Trafford now.
Rarely have I wanted one of those blogs that only ever seem to make up bullshit to be true as much as this one. £25m would be a steal for a 20 year old who already looks like one of the best strikers in the league.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 3 Dec - 13:27

Super wrote:

YES
x2.  I will drive Baines to Old Trafford now.
too late mate. i am sat outside FF medical room waiting for him Very Happy 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 3 Dec - 13:28

i think if we signed lukaku, it would be one of those " messy pants " moments Embarassed Very Happy 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 3 Dec - 13:49

YES
Sell the whole feckin team, buy FooFoo and Lulu, and surround them with the academy lads.
cheers 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 4 Dec - 2:13

Yankthattoffee wrote:

YES
Sell the whole feckin team, buy FooFoo and Lulu, and surround them with the academy lads.
cheers 
Super would have to approve that first I would think.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Wed 4 Dec - 19:11

I'd hate to see Bainesy go but if it meant Lukaku coming in permenantly that i'll gladly wave him off. £25 million for a world class striker who has shown both this year and last year he can score goals and make things happen seems a bargain. I think i'd wet myself! Very Happy
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 5 Dec - 0:46

Merseyblue wrote:I'd hate to see Bainesy go but if it meant Lukaku coming in permenantly that i'll gladly wave him off. £25 million for a world class striker who has shown both this year and last year he can score goals and make things happen seems a bargain. I think i'd wet myself! Very Happy
Who is this Bainsey you speak of? Rolling Eyes 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 10 Dec - 11:58

Just seen that Demba Ba was apparently offered to Wet Spam but he turned the move down. Chelsea are apparently trying to offload him so they can buy another striker.

Given that we have a big bargaining chip in Lukaku, do you think we should offer to take Ba off their hands on a free, shave a bit off his wages (or let Chelsea pick it up) in return for letting Lukaku go back to them earlier?

Just wondering if Ba would do as good a job in Everton's team as Lukaku has?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 10 Dec - 12:50

Sack the Juggler wrote:Just seen that Demba Ba was apparently offered to Wet Spam but he turned the move down.  Chelsea are apparently trying to offload him so they can buy another striker.

Given that we have a big bargaining chip in Lukaku, do you think we should offer to take Ba off their hands on a free, shave a bit off his wages (or let Chelsea pick it up) in return for letting Lukaku go back to them earlier?

Just wondering if Ba would do as good a job in Everton's team as Lukaku has?

Ba's a shameless mercenary, albeit a decent enough striker. I'd rather keep Romelu, wait for chelsea to buy Falcao in jan and then see if they'll take £25m in toffee mints and IOUs for Lukaku in july.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next