606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 19 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 11 Nov - 17:31

I think we paid 15 Million for Fellaini and I don't think he is worth that value...

In my view, which is what I was asked, I would play Rodwell in the deep midfield role... my other points are that we have 3 players in my view that can play this role excluding Fellaini (Rodwell, Neville & Heitenga) meaning Fellaini who is fast becoming a liability, could be sold... if we could sell him... and spend the money on the striker that we desperately need.

I'd also play 2 up front !

Number of posts : 41012
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 19 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Nov - 17:54

Yes, I was ready to love Fellaini until I saw him play. I remember watching him at Arsenal early on in his Everton career and he was fucking terrible, by some distance the worst player on the pitch - no change of pace, no footballing brain, clumsy in the tackle. In short, he was a Sunday League player. Now, his touch has improved and when he keeps it very simple he rarely gives the ball away. But a £15m footballer? Not in the wildest imagination.

If we could recoup half of what we paid for him, we'd be making a very good deal.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 11 Nov - 17:59

i think we're much better with felli in the middle, he's a class above heitinga and neville in the DM position and Rodwell is really untested in it

Got to remember the lad is only 22, got a lot more years ahead of him and i think he is going to be a world class player in a couple of years
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 11 Nov - 18:01

hairy cataract wrote:Yes, I was ready to love Fellaini until I saw him play. I remember watching him at Arsenal early on in his Everton career and he was fucking terrible, by some distance the worst player on the pitch - no change of pace, no footballing brain, clumsy in the tackle. In short, he was a Sunday League player. Now, his touch has improved and when he keeps it very simple he rarely gives the ball away. But a £15m footballer? Not in the wildest imagination.

If we could recoup half of what we paid for him, we'd be making a very good deal.

I disagree Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 11 Nov - 18:30

Tonteau wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Rodders problem is that he doesn't have the aggression for the role. He's a little too timid.

And he's not as strong on the ball.

And his ball distribution isn't as good.

And he's not as good in the air.
Rodwell is really a much more attack minded player. He likes taking on the defence and take a pop on goal. When was the last time we said that about Felli? Therefore I think it's hard to compare the two as they are not really the same type of midfielders.

Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side
Tonteau Today at 17:05

He's a good footballer I just don't see him as a defensive midfielder is all. Not like Felliani, anyways.

Aye, I was specifically talking about the best player for the central holding role.
Embarassed I probably should have caught that. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 19 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74420

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Nov - 18:37

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Yes, I was ready to love Fellaini until I saw him play. I remember watching him at Arsenal early on in his Everton career and he was fucking terrible, by some distance the worst player on the pitch - no change of pace, no footballing brain, clumsy in the tackle. In short, he was a Sunday League player. Now, his touch has improved and when he keeps it very simple he rarely gives the ball away. But a £15m footballer? Not in the wildest imagination.

I disagree Very Happy

I'm sorry but you're not allowed to. Everyone has to agree with me or I start getting a bit weird and shouty.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 11 Nov - 21:55

He's our best player by a mile and then some when in his stride. I'm astounded you don't like him. Yesterday he was great. Learn to love him or suffer the consequences of death by afro.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 11 Nov - 22:02

BB wrote:

He's our best player by a mile and then some when in his stride. I'm astounded you don't like him. Yesterday he was great. Learn to love him or suffer the consequences of death by afro.

You've clearly eaten too many magic mushrooms. Our best player by a mile? I wouldn't even put him ahead of Hibbo. He reminds me of one of the players in Harry Enfield's spoof of football in the inter-war years, when they all chase the ball in a pack and fall over a lot.

And he needs to get a proper haircut too. Actually, a spell in the army would do him the world of good - give him a bit of discipline.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 12 Nov - 4:13

PMSL at this thread. Fuck but I love this forum. Coherent argument mingled with blabbering magic-mushroominess.

Fellaini on his day is the most outrageously talented midfielder I've ever seen; Harvey Kendall and Ball without the sweat and effort.
Not just the Arteta and Pienaar calmness on the ball but an element of - fuck I'm pissed - wierdness on the ball.

drunken Pirates week - ON.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 12 Nov - 4:17

If I'm sober enough tomorrow to post piccies of pirates Brushie is going to have to take some down-time.
...in a Lady sort of way. Twisted Evil
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 12 Nov - 7:39

mindyerho? wrote:PMSL at this thread. Fuck but I love this forum. Coherent argument mingled with blabbering magic-mushroominess.

Fellaini on his day is the most outrageously talented midfielder I've ever seen; Harvey Kendall and Ball without the sweat and effort.
Not just the Arteta and Pienaar calmness on the ball but an element of - fuck I'm pissed - wierdness on the ball.

Fucking hell, I have to apologise. I'm clearly thinking of a totally different player. I thought we were talking about the soft-lad with the Afro. Who is this player combining the talent of Howard Kendall and Ball with the magic of Paul Daniels and a hint of Nelson fucking Mandella? We should definitely sign him.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 12 Nov - 13:09

hairy cataract wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:PMSL at this thread. Fuck but I love this forum. Coherent argument mingled with blabbering magic-mushroominess.

Fucking hell, I have to apologise. I'm clearly thinking of a totally different player. I thought we were talking about the soft-lad with the Afro. Who is this player combining the talent of Howard Kendall and Ball with the magic of Paul Daniels and a hint of Nelson fucking Mandella? We should definitely sign him.

lol! and I quote .....

mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 12 Nov - 17:49

hairy cataract wrote:
BB wrote:

You've clearly eaten too many magic mushrooms. Our best player by a mile? I wouldn't even put him ahead of Hibbo. He reminds me of one of the players in Harry Enfield's spoof of football in the inter-war years, when they all chase the ball in a pack and fall over a lot.

And he needs to get a proper haircut too. Actually, a spell in the army would do him the world of good - give him a bit of discipline.

I would definitely put him in our top 3 or 4 players. He may even be above Arteta due to Arteta's problems with consistency to be honest. I think a lot of people forget that Fellaini is still a young player and will improve even more. I have always seen something in him but his performance the other night was magnificent until he ruined it by acting like a childish prick. He needs to grow up a bit but he is still one of our best.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 12 Nov - 17:55

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
BB wrote:

I would definitely put him in our top 3 or 4 players. He may even be above Arteta due to Arteta's problems with consistency to be honest. I think a lot of people forget that Fellaini is still a young player and will improve even more. I have always seen something in him but his performance the other night was magnificent until he ruined it by acting like a childish prick. He needs to grow up a bit but he is still one of our best.

You're wrong. I've spoken to God and He says you're wrong too. No good will come of it I tell you.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 12 Nov - 17:58

hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
BB wrote:

You're wrong. I've spoken to God and He says you're wrong too. No good will come of it I tell you.

lol! It's a fair cop if God says so. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 12 Nov - 18:07

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
BB wrote:

The really bad news is that the Devil agrees with you. Be scared.

Anyway, I'll leave this alone now. For the simple reason that - did I mention this? - I only saw the last ten minutes of the Bolton game. So it is indisputable that, in the last ten minutes of the Bolton game, Fellaini was utter fucking garbage.

Ha! Deny that if you can.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 12 Nov - 19:38

hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
BB wrote:

Anyway, I'll leave this alone now. For the simple reason that - did I mention this? - I only saw the last ten minutes of the Bolton game. So it is indisputable that, in the last ten minutes of the Bolton game, Fellaini was utter fucking garbage.

Just had lunch with Allah and asked him about Fellaini. He was non-committal but did say I should cover my wife with the bed sheets in public.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 12 Nov - 21:05

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
BB wrote:

Just had lunch with Allah and asked him about Fellaini. He was non-committal but did say I should cover my wife with the spunked bed sheets in public.
Corrected.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74420

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 19 Dec - 14:40

Taken from the News of the World.....

Steve McClaren plans a swoop for Everton's £16m record signing Marouane Fellaini. Wolfsburg's former England boss McClaren wants to test the Toffees' resolve to hold on to the midfielder, 23, as they struggle to raise money to strengthen their squad. And fellow Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich are also showing a string interest in Goodison Park's England left-back Leighton Baines, 26. Everton manager David Moyes knows he may have to sacrifice someone if he wants to recruit in the Januar transfer window.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 19 Dec - 15:06

Super wrote:Taken from the News of the World.....

Steve McClaren plans a swoop for Everton's £16m record signing Marouane Fellaini. Wolfsburg's former England boss McClaren wants to test the Toffees' resolve to hold on to the midfielder, 23, as they struggle to raise money to strengthen their squad. And fellow Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich are also showing a string interest in Goodison Park's England left-back Leighton Baines, 26. Everton manager David Moyes knows he may have to sacrifice someone if he wants to recruit in the Januar transfer window.

SELL HIM! and buy Scott Parker, with change left over for Landon Donovan, Joleon Lescott and some pies for Yak.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 19 Dec - 15:29

He wants to test our resolve by offering pretty much what we paid for him? Laughing Yeah, ok Steve. Have a nice Christmas. If you want a player, isn't Biliyaletdinov available for about £10 quid?
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 19 Dec - 16:32

He'll be lucky if he has a job by the time the transfer window opens, never mind £16m. A goal in the last minute saved him yestarday.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 19 Dec - 18:37

BB wrote:

He wants to test our resolve by offering pretty much what we paid for him? Laughing Yeah, ok Steve. Have a nice Christmas. If you want a player, isn't Biliyaletdinov available for about £10 quid?

Don't think it actually says that they're offering £16million. Just that he was our £16 million record signing.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 19 Dec - 20:46

Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:

Don't think it actually says that they're offering £16million. Just that he was our £16 million record signing.

Yes, you're right. I misread. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 19 Food-smi
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 19 Dec - 20:48

I personally think we should be building our team arounf Fellaini and Rodwell, who I think are very much capable of playing in a 442 and a 451. The Wally with the brolly can piss off.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next