606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Dixie Land Mon 18 Jan 2010, 5:43 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:I fuckin love him now. If that's fickle, well, I don't give a fuck. I've eaten my humble pie* and now think he's worth £40m plus. Just don't tell Bill.

*i haven't actually, I was going to, but Dixie ate it while I was typing this post. You snooze , you lose.

Im not much for humble pie. Not enough calories. Not even worth eating, a bit like that green shite with leaves.

Don't fuckin rub it in. You pinched my humble pie and then you say you didn't like it FFS! Very Happy

Thats coz Im a greedy fucker. Ive just nicked your green leafy stuff while you werent looking as well. Will look OK on a block of lard.

Yeah, you enjoy that Nettle. See whose fuckin laughing in a minute!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... nettles and lard.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 18 Jan 2010, 7:24 pm

He does appear to be rather level headed. Doesn't get too high when things are going well, and not too low when they are not going well.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74425
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee Mon 18 Jan 2010, 7:38 pm

Tonteau wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/16/marouane-fellaini-everton-interview

cheers

And especially:

The midfielder was linked with a ­lucrative move to Chelsea last week by, of all people, his father, who told a Belgian newspaper his son belonged on the grandest stage possible and was interesting Carlo Ancelotti. The mention of his father's proud boast brings an embarrassed shake of Fellaini's head.

"I am perfectly happy where I am," he says. "Of course big clubs are always ­looking at players, but I think talk of ­Chelsea's interest was blown up a bit. Everything was taken out of context really because I am happy at Everton. Last season we were in the FA Cup final, and this time we're still in that competition as well as the Europa League.

"We've got players coming back all the time and I think we can only get ­better. It's hard to say where we will finish in the league, but things are definitely improving."

cheers

the truth is probably somwhere in the middle (with his mum maybe?)
Big Fell isn't going to say what his dad said.
He's got a gig to maintain. If there is a bigger gig available at the end of the season, well.........

(Having written that, the Biggun has really impressed me the last 3-4 games. One we need to hold on to, Are you listening Bill?)
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 18 Jan 2010, 7:51 pm

I think people forget and don't give this kid enough credit at how young he is. We played him out of position because we had a striker shortage in the fastest paced league in the world, he put many a striker to shame. He's then very ill over the summer but plays every game with the media, Evertonians and Ref's all over him.

We know he has to show consistency now, but he is only 22. He's now showing his strength, awareness and snap. he'll never be that quick. I thought he would never look pretty but that Pirouette was something special.

Seamus is nearly the same age and hardly getting a game.

It's f'kin great being an Evertonian and doing it against the masses of riches against you. I think as many of you have read today Moyes has not only bought players to play but who will run through brick walls for Everton.

That is the main difference accross the park imo.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 18 Jan 2010, 8:51 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:I think people forget and don't give this kid enough credit at how young he is. We played him out of position because we had a striker shortage in the fastest paced league in the world, he put many a striker to shame. He's then very ill over the summer but plays every game with the media, Evertonians and Ref's all over him.

We know he has to show consistency now, but he is only 22. He's now showing his strength, awareness and snap. he'll never be that quick. I thought he would never look pretty but that Pirouette was something special.

Seamus is nearly the same age and hardly getting a game.

It's f'kin great being an Evertonian and doing it against the masses of riches against you. I think as many of you have read today Moyes has not only bought players to play but who will run through brick walls for Everton.

That is the main difference accross the park imo.

Fantastic post Bluey. cheers cheers cheers
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 19 Jan 2010, 1:05 am

The midfielder was linked with a ­lucrative move to Chelsea last week by, of all people, his father, who told a Belgian newspaper his son belonged on the grandest stage possible and was interesting Carlo Ancelotti. The mention of his father's proud boast brings an embarrassed shake of Fellaini's head.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!" he says. "Of course big clubs are always ­looking at players, but I think talk of ­Chelsea's interest was blown up a bit. Everything was taken out of context really because I am happy at Everton. Last season we were in the FA Cup final, and this time we're still in that competition as well as the Europa League.

"We've got players coming back all the time and I think we can only get ­better. It's hard to say where we will finish in the league, but things are definitely improving."

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_whistl
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 19 Jan 2010, 1:36 am

Five things we learned from the Premier League this weekend

Marouane Fellaini might be the best at what he does; Charles N'Zogbia should play for England and football needs Arsenal

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 Marouane-Fellaini-tackles-001

Marouane Fellaini, doing his thing in the Everton midfield. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images

Fellaini: best in his best position

David Moyes has been calling Marouane Fellaini the best midfielder – on form – in the Premier league
for some time; and now it seems to be catching after an excellent
performance anchoring the midfield against Manchester City. The 360
degree drag-back and spin to take the ball away from Craig Bellamy will
be one of the season's most treasured Youtube moments, bringing to
mind, as it did, a domineering 30-something dad cuffing aside his
five-year-old son during a particularly tearful half-hour preprandial
humiliation on the local rec. But the best thing about Fellaini is that
he wants to be a defensive midfielder. He doesn't want to play as a
support striker or be the team's creative hub. There is no ego-stifling
compromise involved in asking him to play in a position that involves
complete concentration on intercepting, tackling and reading the game
three chess moves in advance. He likes, doing it. He has the brain. He
has the physique. He also has Chelsea chasing his signature, or so
rumour has it. Some were surprised by the £12m fee, rising to £15m,
David Moyes paid Standard Liege. It looks like a snip now.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 19 Jan 2010, 1:56 pm

Yeah, we have ALL said he was going to turn out great. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74425
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 19 Jan 2010, 10:56 pm

Sorry to bump this. Just thought of it tonight and it made me chuckle.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:27 pm

Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:Sorry to bump this. Just thought of it tonight and it made me chuckle.

I always said he'd come good didn't I?... Oh wait... Hang on... I called him a 'fuckin lazy twat'

Oops Wink
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:29 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:Sorry to bump this. Just thought of it tonight and it made me chuckle.

I always said he'd come good didn't I?... Oh wait... Hang on... I called him a 'fuckin lazy twat'

Oops Wink

lol! lol! lol!

I can remember typing a post on this to support Fellaini but decided not to post it as it was basically just a swearing rant against everybody who had slagged him off. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:42 pm

... and this was back in the day when I was an angry young man.

Ive calmed down and mellowed alot now and if any of you fucking wankers say I havent I will kick everyone of your fucking teeth down your throats.... erm.... sorry about that. I love you
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:43 pm

I'd sum up his Everton career before the mammoth performances of the last couple of months as being a combination of half-arsed, infuriating but also awkwardly effective in many games. He's divided opinion, but I started to see signs of a top midfielder in patches earlier in the season, and now he looks the business every week in a role I just couldn't see him being able to do. Happy to be proved wrong.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:44 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:I'd sum up his Everton career before the mammoth performances of the last couple of months as being a combination of half-arsed, infuriating but also awkwardly effective in many games. He's divided opinion, but I started to see signs of a top midfielder in patches earlier in the season, and now he looks the business every week in a role I just couldn't see him being able to do. Happy to be proved wrong.

I know mate. We may differ on some points on this board but we all want what is best for Everton in the end. Anyway, Leon Osman is a fucking waste of space. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:49 pm

Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:cheers cheers cheers

I thank you all.

Im here pissed up 4 nights a week. Very Happy

Im made up by that rant though. Perhaps the proudest moment of my life. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh

Is that all? Lightweight. Laughing
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:54 pm

Statman wrote:
Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:cheers cheers cheers

I thank you all.

Im here pissed up 4 nights a week. Very Happy

Im made up by that rant though. Perhaps the proudest moment of my life. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh

Is that all? Lightweight. Laughing

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:59 pm

This thread is a classic.Pisses all over Super's Alcy thread (sorry Super). Dixie's pissed rant is ace, he didn't just bite he chewed up the thread, ate it, and then shit it all over the screen!
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 20 Jan 2010, 12:06 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:This thread is a classic.Pisses all over Super's Alcy thread (sorry Super). Dixie's pissed rant is ace, he didn't just bite he chewed up the thread, ate it, and then shit it all over the screen!

lol! lol! lol!

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 Jaws10
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 20 Jan 2010, 12:11 am

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh cheers
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 20 Jan 2010, 12:17 am

Dixie, having read through your rant again, can I ask a serious question?

Did Fellaini play in the aggregate 7-0 loss to Benfica (note 7-0 not 7-1)? Laughing
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 20 Jan 2010, 12:19 am

Statman wrote:Dixie, having read through your rant again, can I ask a serious question?

Did Fellaini play in the aggregate 7-0 loss to Benfica (note 7-0 not 7-1)? Laughing

No he didnt... but he was there the lazy streak of piss. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 20 Jan 2010, 8:24 am

The President wrote:Very undecided yet. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 Confused
He's still young
It's his first season in PL
He does look clumsy when tackling - hence the silly bookings

I think also because of our injuries DM has not been able to bring him in gradually.

He will have a great second season for us................... {I Hope}

cheers

And Leon Osman is a Great Player
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 21 Jan 2010, 9:16 am

The President wrote:
The President wrote:Very undecided yet. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 11 Confused
He's still young
It's his first season in PL
He does look clumsy when tackling - hence the silly bookings

I think also because of our injuries DM has not been able to bring him in gradually.

He will have a great second season for us................... {I Hope}

cheers

And Leon Osman is a Great Player
eh, no hes not hes,like hibbert both are great servants to the club,but both will never take everton forward to challenging the top four,unlike fellaini who at a young age has taken quite a bit of stick as well as having people knock him regular,i reserved judgement on the lad because he was always a target for referee's to single him out in a game mainly because of his hair style and tall frame,this has had a huge impact on the way fellaini play's football it had also knocked his confidence ,now moyes has fellaini playing in a more defensive roll fellaini looks comfortable and its proved to be his best position so much so, hes now been man of the match in the last three or even four games.

may it long continue.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Thu 21 Jan 2010, 9:23 am

Ossie's a great little footballer Sef, one of the best at the football club. I wouldn't compare him to Hibbert, although I agree we need better in the long term. The problem is physically he's just not able to cut it in a lot of matches. He's too lightweight and lacks pace. That said he can do a job in the middle of the park and will chip in with the odd goal. As I say, technically he's very good but in the modern game football is as much about how fit and powerful you are as opposed to what you can do with a football. Ossie's a dying breed if you like.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 21 Jan 2010, 11:30 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Ossie's a great little footballer Sef, one of the best at the football club. I wouldn't compare him to Hibbert, although I agree we need better in the long term. The problem is physically he's just not able to cut it in a lot of matches. He's too lightweight and lacks pace. That said he can do a job in the middle of the park and will chip in with the odd goal. As I say, technically he's very good but in the modern game football is as much about how fit and powerful you are as opposed to what you can do with a football. Ossie's a dying breed if you like.

Ossie could make a decent fist of Spain or Italy, where there's less pace. He's certainly got the skills. Cue us letting him go in the summer to Real, and Liverpool buying him back as soon as he can speak Spanish.....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next