606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 20 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Tonteau Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:52 pm

Bluejagz wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Hope this is just papertalk

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/everton/transfer-talk/news/report-everton-want-gbp18m-for-baines_92765.html

selling our best player for only £18m is terrible businesses, especially if we are only buying wigan cast offs... feeling really bad about all this Sad 

I dont think Utd will pay that sort of dough though. Their since of entitlement will probably see them go no more then £15m. All depends on Baines though. Have this horrible feeling this could run up to deadline day with Utd pushing for a cheap deal.

Bobby really needs to stick to his guns and remind Davey of the right old hump he got in when Citteh signed lescott.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 20 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:55 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:Hope this is just papertalk

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/everton/transfer-talk/news/report-everton-want-gbp18m-for-baines_92765.html

selling our best player for only £18m is terrible businesses, especially if we are only buying wigan cast offs... feeling really bad about all this Sad 

I dont think Utd will pay that sort of dough though. Their since of entitlement will probably see them go no more then £15m. All depends on Baines though. Have this horrible feeling this could run up to deadline day with Utd pushing for a cheap deal.

Bobby really needs to stick to his guns and remind Davey of the right old hump he got in when Citteh signed lescott.

But for Moyes to succeed at Utd, I feel he's going to show what a hard 'aul cunt he is going to be and shitting on us over Baines will be one example unfortunately. Could turn ugly.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:59 pm

In truth, it would be hard to begrudge Baines a shot at some silverware. He should have a few winners medals by now, cracking footballer that he is. Wouldn't be surprised if he was angling for a move himself.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

Tonteau wrote:In truth, it would be hard to begrudge Baines a shot at some silverware. He should have a few winners medals by now, cracking footballer that he is. Wouldn't be surprised if he was angling for a move himself.
I fully agree ... but he's worth 20+ M surely

Number of posts : 41037
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 10 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

I wonder if United fans are moaning their bags off about having Everton's manager, backroom staff and maybe some players? tongue 
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 10 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

Dixie Land wrote:I wonder if United fans are moaning their bags off about having Everton's manager, backroom staff and maybe some players? tongue 
yes they are! Very Happy 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 10 Jul 2013, 6:33 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:I wonder if United fans are moaning their bags off about having Everton's manager, backroom staff and maybe some players? tongue 
yes they are! Very Happy 

cheers cheers cheers 

Good Very Happy 
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 11 Jul 2013, 3:27 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:
yes they are! Very Happy 

cheers cheers cheers 

Good Very Happy 
cheers I wasn't sure if I should have asked that question a week ago or so. lol! 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:28 pm

Leighton Baines EvertonLeighton Baines is reported to be ready to sign a new deal at Everton if the Blues reject Manchester United’s next bid for his services.
The Mirror has claimed that United are ready to put together a final “take it or leave it” bid for the England left back of around £12m, a bid which will almost certainly be rejected by the Blues.
Baines will not push for a transfer away from Everton, and is more than happy to stay at Goodison Park and continue to raise awareness that it’s not just the “Sky Four” players who deserve a chance to go to a World Cup.
Should Baines sign an extended deal at Everton, many Blues will think he has become the most important signing of Roberto Martinez‘s short time at the club.

Read more: http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2013/07/baines-set-to-sign-new-deal/#ixzz2Z1CUEcXI

great news if it happens,Very Happy Very Happy 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 14 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

£12M is way too low and I thought Utd already made that bid which we rejected right away. I thought I read they were going to offer £18M, with Utd thinking that was our lowest bid which would be accepted.

I would want £20M plus and then some, especially when Carroll was £35M!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 27 Jul 2013, 7:39 pm

Baines gave some lads a lift to the game today.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=578464242218046
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6845
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 27 Jul 2013, 9:33 pm

How embarrassed did he look, what a disgrace them tits were, Embarassed Embarassed 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 28 Jul 2013, 11:58 am

I just thought it was sound of him to give them a lift. The lad who recorded it is obviously a knob head.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6845
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:32 pm

Lumper wrote:I just thought it was sound of him to give them a lift. The lad who recorded it is obviously a COMPLETE knob head.
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:58 pm

Blueberto wrote:
Lumper wrote:I just thought it was sound of him to give them a lift. The lad who recorded it is obviously a COMPLETE knob head.

Was embarrassing. Bloke just talked shite nonstop. Wouldn't let Baines get a word in edgeways.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Blueberto wrote:

Was embarrassing. Bloke just talked shite nonstop. Wouldn't let Baines get a word in edgeways.

I expect Baines regretted it immediately. I doubt he'll do it again.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:07 pm

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says he does not expect Manchester United to make another offer for left-back Leighton Baines.

The Toffees, who launch the new season at Norwich on Saturday, rejected a bid from United and former manager David Moyes for the England international in June.

"Since then we've moved on and we're continuing to focus on the start of the season," said Martinez in an interview with the Liverpool Echo. "There's never been another club or anyone else putting in an offer for Leighton."
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:30 am

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is claiming victory in his attempts to prevent Manchester United from signing 28-year-old left-back Leighton Baines - but the Toffees are prepared to do business with United over 25-year-old midfielder Marouane Fellaini.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-leighton-baines-2167685
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 28 Aug 2013, 5:21 pm

not good

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-exclusive-leighton-baines-has-asked-everton-to-agree-deal-with-manchester-united-8788275.html

The Everton defender Leighton Baines has asked his manager Roberto Martinez and the club's chairman Bill Kenwright to agree a deal to sell him to Manchester United, The Independent understands.

The left-back has been the subject of three bids from United over the summer, for £9m, £12m and as part of a joint bid worth up to £30m, including Marouane Fellaini, all of which have been rejected by Everton. It is anticipated that United will bid for a fourth time to sign Baines before the transfer window closes on Monday at 11pm.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Wed 28 Aug 2013, 5:27 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:not good

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-exclusive-leighton-baines-has-asked-everton-to-agree-deal-with-manchester-united-8788275.html

The Everton defender Leighton Baines has asked his manager Roberto Martinez and the club's chairman Bill Kenwright to agree a deal to sell him to Manchester United, The Independent understands.

The left-back has been the subject of three bids from United over the summer, for £9m, £12m and as part of a joint bid worth up to £30m, including Marouane Fellaini, all of which have been rejected by Everton. It is anticipated that United will bid for a fourth time to sign Baines before the transfer window closes on Monday at 11pm.
Very hard to believe given his misgivings about getting enough playing time there.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 28 Aug 2013, 5:30 pm

How much is he worth to us?

or to United I guess?

factors that take his value higher
- he is our best player
- he is an England international, probably the best England player in that position (cole is past it)
- his opta states were the best for ANY scoreable crosses
- he has got another 5 years in his legs
- if its the last day of the window we can't replace him
- united need someone of his ability
- proven premiership quality
- fantastic attitude, will run all day
- we don't want to sell

factors that take his value lower
- he's only got two years left on his contract
- probably little or no resale value
- his wages are not significant compared to Rooney (so if he wanted to buy himself out of his contract it would probably cost him £10m or £12m?
- left back is not necessarily a sexy position (like a striker)

so what's he worth? £30m or £15m??
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 28 Aug 2013, 6:20 pm

FFS Mad i am well pissed off with that ginger twat now. Let's hope bill gets some bollocks and demands a premium price and gets the money to roberto in time for him to spend

We pissed off now Mad Mad 
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 28 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

Blueberto wrote:FFS Mad i am well pissed off with that ginger twat now.  Let's hope bill gets some bollocks and demands a premium price and gets the money to roberto in time for him to spend

Yep - we always knew this could happen though. Unless - they're prepared to pay decent whack though I would not sell. Sounds like we're getting bullied into a cheap deal that we dont need to do!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:35 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Blueberto wrote:FFS Mad i am well pissed off with that ginger twat now.  Let's hope bill gets some bollocks and demands a premium price and gets the money to roberto in time for him to spend

Yep - we always knew this could happen though.   Unless - they're prepared to pay decent whack though I would not sell.   Sounds like we're getting bullied into a cheap deal that we dont need to do!
Except for the fact that should he not sign a new contract (and if the Independent's version of events is accurate then why would he?) then we potentially lose him on a free in two years time. Is him being forced to play for Everton, potentially against his will, for two years worth £6m per year (basing this on their most recent offer of £12m)?

Certainly we can't command a premium price for him in twelve months time unless he signs a contract. Let's say it's upped to Sacko's low end valuation - that's £15m to reinvest in the squad. Are there any Wigan rejects available at that price? Oh shit, yes there are!

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:58 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Yep - we always knew this could happen though.   Unless - they're prepared to pay decent whack though I would not sell.   Sounds like we're getting bullied into a cheap deal that we dont need to do!
Except for the fact that should he not sign a new contract (and if the Independent's version of events is accurate then why would he?) then we potentially lose him on a free in two years time. Is him being forced to play for Everton, potentially against his will, for two years worth £6m per year (basing this on their most recent offer of £12m)?

Certainly we can't command a premium price for him in twelve months time unless he signs a contract. Let's say it's upped to Sacko's low end valuation - that's £15m to reinvest in the squad. Are there any Wigan rejects available at that price? Oh shit, yes there are!
have they got another manager we can buy? Crying or Very sad 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next