606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Blue gazza Sun 05 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
YAKUBLUE ( BA kovthenet ) wrote:i seriously hope i'm wrong here, but i heard a RUMOUR last night that baines is off to city for £26 million. as i said , i hope i'm wrong, 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Confused

Would be hard to turn that type of cash down for him

Agreed. OK, full backs that get in so many crosses as Leighton are few and far between, but a lot of areas of the pitch could be addressed with that kind of money. The biggest problem with him leaving is that we already don't have a great deal of width, so ideally the money would need to be reinvested into wide forward thinking players.

If I were Moyes, I would bite their hands off if that was the level of the offer.

sounds like the yak Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Tonteau Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 08 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

Also, eminem is shite.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 30 Jun 2011, 6:29 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3667902/Manchester-City-table-20m-package-for-Leighton-Baines.html

can't see DM saying no to offers over 20m
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:20 am

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3667902/Manchester-City-table-20m-package-for-Leighton-Baines.html

But I think he'd want cash, not cash plus cast offs. No way would Adebayour join us anyway.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22560
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:38 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3667902/Manchester-City-table-20m-package-for-Leighton-Baines.html

But I think he'd want cash, not cash plus cast offs. No way would Adebayour join us anyway.

We couldn't afford his wages !!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:30 pm

Lescott mark II ?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:46 am

Arsene Wenger is considering a bid for Everton and England left back Leighton Baines in an effort to boost the team after the loss of Gael Clichy.
Full story: footybunker.com

why don't they just fuckoff, they aint gonna pay anywhere near what we want 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Jerkit 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Jerkit
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

Strange but true: Leighton Baines hasn't scored a goal from open play at Goodison - all 4 goals have been penalties.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Strange but true: Leighton Baines hasn't scored a goal from open play at Goodison - all 4 goals have been penalties.

Needs to up his game, the slacker.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

1039 FOOTBALL: - Phil McNulty BBC's Chief football writer on Twitter: "Leighton Baines returns to Everton from England squad with a knock. Not serious. #bbcfootball #fb"

Rolling Eyes "not serious" meaning he'll only be out for six weeks I suppose. Fucksake.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25886

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
1039 FOOTBALL: - Phil McNulty BBC's Chief football writer on Twitter: "Leighton Baines returns to Everton from England squad with a knock. Not serious. #bbcfootball #fb"

Rolling Eyes "not serious" meaning he'll only be out for six weeks I suppose. Fucksake.

Hamstring tweek pale
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 05 Sep 2011, 5:26 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Hamstring tweek pale

affraid 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Crash
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 05 Sep 2011, 5:38 pm

Fucksocks.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:13 am

Leighton Baines has revealed to Everton fans that their summer of misery in the transfer market could have been a whole lot worse.

On the eve of the Merseyside derby, the local boy and Goodison Park hero has lifted the lid on a daring plan by bitter rivals Liverpool to spirit him away across Stanley Park.

But before Blues supporters start reaching for their protest banners once more, Baines has insisted the dramatic transfer could never happen, even though he is desperate to take another step up in level.

"I was made aware of it, but as far as I am concerned, it was never an option," the England defender insisted. "When you're from Liverpool, it's either Liverpool or Everton, one and not the other.

"For me, it wouldn't have got beyond the story stage. You are one and you stick with that - you don't do both.

"If you're brought up in the area and know what it means to everyone, you understand it more. Once you know the people and you're a part of it, it's not something you do.

"But my mates were probably more aware of the stuff that was going around than I was.

"To be honest, because I'm playing, I find it a bit easier to detach myself.

"With some people, it's football and nothing else. Phil Neville is like that here, it's pretty much everything for him, but I try to detach myself and get into other things."

That's easier said than done when you're a Liverpool-born player who is idolised by the Blues and coveted by the Reds.

For Baines, it is made even harder by the fact his family has always been split down the middle between Anfield and Goodison.

Even his dad was a dyed-in-the-wool Liverpool fan.

Baines Snr claims to have now finally switched allegiances, but his boy has his doubts!

"My family is still split," said the defender. "There has been no crossover to Everton from the Reds in my family since I joined the club. They still want Liverpool to win.

"All the cousins who I grew up with and who are a bit older than me, and were big Reds, are still the same. There is not the slightest bit of interest or compassion for the fact I'm playing for Everton.

"The only one who has come across is my dad, but he had to make a bit of an effort, what with being my dad, didn't he? I don't know if he still slyly roots for them but he comes to every home game and a lot of the aways and I'd say he definitely follows Everton now.

"I'll probably get him slaughtered by his mates for saying that. For all I know, he might still leg it down the boozer with a Liverpool scarf on when they're on telly!"

While Baines has insisted the connection with Liverpool was never a goer in the summer, he admits a link with German heavyweights Bayern Munich was far more serious.

And even though he is committed to the Everton cause, he does concede he yearns for a chance to play in the Champions League.

When pressed on whether he would have been tempted by Bayern, he confessed: "It is a hard question to answer. There was a stronger interest in that one. There was definitely something there but maybe it didn't get to the bid stage.

"It wouldn't be ideal leaving this league, but I do have ambitions to get to the Champions League level and hopefully the tide will turn at some point and enable us to do that here.

"It would mean a lot to do it here. It has been a while since Everton were at that level and it looks a tougher task, given the money other teams are spending.

"I do have those ambitions to play at that level. Sir Alex Ferguson said this week that the Champions League is bigger than anything and it is. It is the pinnacle and everyone would like to get there. I will just get my head down and keep doing what I am doing."

That means continuing to impress as possibly the best English left-back in the Premier League right now - and putting one over the old enemy on Saturday lunchtime.

Even if his family won't approve.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-defender-Leighton-Baines-says-he-could-never-play-for-Liverpool-article806564.html#ixzz1ZWHzlcAI
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

This lad is too good for us. He should move to Arsenal, United etc before he gets too old.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:58 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:This lad is too good for us. He should move to Arsenal, United etc before he gets too old.

No. They insist on their defenders being able to defend. Baines isnt all that going backwards.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:This lad is too good for us. He should move to Arsenal, United etc before he gets too old.

No. They insist on their defenders being able to defend. Baines isnt all that going backwards.

Which Arsenal have you been watching? Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

Rumours on Twatter that Everton have accepted a bid from Stoke for Baines. 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 F_laugh 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 F_laugh 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 F_laugh

Even if they had got £25-£30 million, why the fuck would he go to that shithole of a club?
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 07 Dec 2011, 6:10 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Rumours on Twatter that Everton have accepted a bid from Stoke for Baines. 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 F_laugh 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 F_laugh 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 F_laugh

Even if they had got £25-£30 million, why the fuck would he go to that shithole of a club?
Just checked & it's not April 1... so lol! 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 298904 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Bottom

Number of posts : 41060

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:14 pm

Baines booking tonight. Does he miss a game?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:15 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Baines booking tonight. Does he miss a game?

Do the yellows get taken off in February? 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 11 Confused

I might be wrong.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:53 am

yeah, have to hit 10 now, i think, for a ban

he won't be suspended, Moyes might rotate him and play Mcfadden there though, based on last night
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

tadpole wrote:yeah, have to hit 10 now, i think, for a ban

he won't be suspended, Moyes might rotate him and play Mcfadden there though, based on last night

He wasn't at his best, good as ever going forward but caught out o position for their first goal.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 14 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
tadpole wrote:yeah, have to hit 10 now, i think, for a ban

He wasn't at his best, good as ever going forward but caught out o position for their first goal.

In fairness to Baines, I don't think Pienaar was on the left wing once last night. Baines had no help at all going forwards or backwards. It was like when Baines played for England and had Stevie Me who was meant to be on the left but went infield constantly.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next