606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luton Town V Everton

+4
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Rotterdam 1985
SEFTON
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Luton Town V Everton Empty Luton Town V Everton

Post  SEFTON Mon 29 Apr 2024, 10:58 pm

Luton Town V Everton Friday May 4th at Kenilworth road at 20.00 pm on SkySports.

So Everton’s survival is assured after winning all three home games in a week at Goodison.

Luton are still in trouble specially as it looks like Nottingham Forest will win their appeal if the rumours are true .
Luton will be up for this game but,Everton don’t have any pressure on them.so going for a toffees win.

1-2 McNeil and Deucoure UTFTs  cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10618
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Luton Town V Everton Empty Re: Luton Town V Everton

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 29 Apr 2024, 11:18 pm

Sef's on a roll.

I can't imagine losing to Luton three times in one season, but I no longer care that much.

This game worried me a couple of weeks ago but now I can see us pasting them. They'll have to attack and should leave holes for us to exploit with our pace and trickery (has anyone noticed from the Tunnel Access vids how we knock the ball around like Man City during the pre-match warm-ups?)

Luton 2 (Emeka Nwajiobi, Tommy Robinson) Everton 6 (Chermiti 6)
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14872
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 29 Apr 2024, 11:33 pm

If the rumours that Forest will get two points back are true, I hope we roll over at Luton. I mean, ffs, we get a total of 8 points, and Forest get 2 points because they made a big fucking hoo-ha about VAR at Goodison? I'd prefer the Hatters to stay up.

Luton 8-0, all scored by Barkley in injury time
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25888
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 30 Apr 2024, 4:26 pm

hairy cataract wrote:If the rumours that Forest will get two points back are true, I hope we roll over at Luton.  I mean, ffs, we get a total of 8 points, and Forest get 2 points because they made a big fucking hoo-ha about VAR at Goodison?  I'd prefer the Hatters to stay up.

Not concerned about Luton or Nottingham Forest more concerned about Everton’s position ? it could be we need to be at least ten points clear come the end of season with news that 777 Partners are failing with the takeover of Everton football club which could see the club going into Administration .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 30 Apr 2024, 4:28 pm

SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:If the rumours that Forest will get two points back are true, I hope we roll over at Luton.  I mean, ffs, we get a total of 8 points, and Forest get 2 points because they made a big fucking hoo-ha about VAR at Goodison?  I'd prefer the Hatters to stay up.

Not concerned about Luton or Nottingham Forest more concerned about Everton’s position ? it could be we need to be at least ten points clear come the end of season with news that 777 Partners are failing with the takeover of Everton football club which could see the club going into Administration .

The points deduction would be next season if we go into administration, I should think.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 30 Apr 2024, 5:53 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

The points deduction would be next season if we go into administration, I should think.  
if that's true it's still obviously bad... but it gives us a chance to play our way to survival in 2025...

I must admit I was assuming the 12 points would be this season

Number of posts : 41068

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 30 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

if that's true it's still obviously bad... but it gives us a chance to play our way to survival in 2025...

I've read that the cut-off would be today, actually. Any points deduction after today for going into administration would apply next season.

It could have been an authoritative football finance source who posted that on social media, or it could have been a Donald Duck fan account. Can't remember. But I only read it today and I don't follow any Donald Duck accounts on Twitter, so it should be legit info.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 30 Apr 2024, 7:48 pm

It will be nice to watch a game that isn't a 'must win'.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22563
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 01 May 2024, 9:10 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

I've read that the cut-off would be today, actually. Any points deduction after today for going into administration would apply next season.

It could have been an authoritative football finance source who posted that on social media, or it could have been a Donald Duck fan account. Can't remember. But I only read it today and I don't follow any Donald Duck accounts on Twitter, so it should be legit info.

There seems to be some dispute about this. Donald Duck reckons there is a cut off point, but Mickey Mouse points out that the cut off clause is and EFL one, not a PL one. Is there a PL cut-off point? Might be worth checking Spongebob Squarepants fan account
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 01 May 2024, 10:32 am

I think it is a 9 point deduction if a PL club goes into administration. There is an argument that we should bite the bullet and go into adminstration this season rather than next, especially if we are 9 points clear of 18th place...
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 01 May 2024, 10:44 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

There seems to be some dispute about this.  Donald Duck reckons there is a cut off point, but Mickey Mouse points out that the cut off clause is and EFL one, not a PL one.  Is there a PL cut-off point? Might be worth checking Spongebob Squarepants fan account

I checked with Spongebob but they were involved in some kind of online spat with the Squidward account, so I couldn't get any EFC information.

But in other news that makes me want to jump off a cliff with a piano tied to my testicles:

• Apparently 777 have "parted ways" with their PR spin doctors, which may explain all the fuss and hullaballoo about that £16m they were supposed to be giving us last week - maybe they've got nobody who can talk to the media now (source: Facebook Muppets fan account)

• 777's budget airline, Bonza, has gone into administration, stranding thousands of travellers in Australia (Pepe Le Pew Reddit page)

About this airline - if you're going to spend actual dollars on flight tickets with an airline called Bonza, which sounds like Aussie slang for a willy, then you only have yourself to blame when you lose your money and can't get to Wagga Wagga for your Castlemaine XXXX convention (other Aussie stereotypes are available on request).

Just checked the Bonza wiki page and, well, I wasn't far away with my impression of Bonza formed solely from the name. Read this...

"To differentiate themselves from other airlines, Bonza launched as a "Bogan airline", appealing to the bogan Australian culture by offering items and services associated with bogans such as airline branded swim briefs known as budgie smugglers, food typically found at a school tuckshop, and the staff being labelled as "Legends".[7]"

I had to look up "bogan" and I think it basically means chav. What fun flights they must have been, like a Club 18-30 party in the air. These are the deeply unserious people who want to own our club.

Apart from all that, I think things are fine.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 01 May 2024, 10:52 am

Armchair wrote:I think it is a 9 point deduction if a PL club goes into administration. There is an argument that we should bite the bullet and go into adminstration this season rather than next, especially if we are 9 points clear of 18th place...  

Just realised that we are slightly off topic on this thread - we should really be discussing the defensive merits of Reece Burke and Teden Mengi - but fuck it. My question here would be: who would make this decision?

I know next to nothing about finance, but my impression is always that a company goes into administration when the money literally runs out. Or is that liquidation? Not sure. Anyway, if there is a voluntary path to taking this hit, who would decide it? Moshiri? 777? Spongebob? Anyone else?

I'll happily make the call if required. I'm in a Teams meeting from 11am but am free after lunch to discuss.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 01 May 2024, 11:26 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:I think it is a 9 point deduction if a PL club goes into administration. There is an argument that we should bite the bullet and go into adminstration this season rather than next, especially if we are 9 points clear of 18th place...  

Just realised that we are slightly off topic on this thread - we should really be discussing the defensive merits of Reece Burke and Teden Mengi - but fuck it. My question here would be: who would make this decision?

I know next to nothing about finance, but my impression is always that a company goes into administration when the money literally runs out. Or is that liquidation? Not sure. Anyway, if there is a voluntary path to taking this hit, who would decide it? Moshiri? 777? Spongebob? Anyone else?

I'll happily make the call if required. I'm in a Teams meeting from 11am but am free after lunch to discuss.

My understanding is that the kit man makes the decision.  If the laundry bill hasn't been paid, he rings a special bell and Price Waterhouse move in.  In the short term, the kit gets washed by Seamus Coleman's missus, as part of her duties as the captain's wife, so the game should go ahead on Friday.  Though if she does the wash on a high temperature by mistake, those poly-cotton shorts might be a bit tight around the ball bag.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 02 May 2024, 11:48 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

An insolvency administrator can be called in at any time by a business owner reaches the decision that the funding need to meet future obligations will not be provided (this is akin to a voluntary administration). Its not necessarily a nightmare scenario, it does create an environment that drives a debt rescheduling, based on altered trading practices (underlying business cost).

The other side of the coin is the involuntary administration where Creditors of the Entity decide to get a Court Judgement to recover the funds owed. The most pernicious exponents of this are HMRC (usually to recover VAT, then employment related dues (NI and Tax))

The next level of perniciousness will be the Financial sources (Investment funds and to a lesser extent the Banks). Often they will leverage as much as they can because they in effect cut their own throats.

Trade creditors are usually the least likely to force the route as they know in reality they are talking cents on the dollar. Their preferable course is stop the provision of goods and services.

Against that we can dream up enough nightmares as to how each tranche pans out...

If we get a result against Luton, I genuinely think we should go route one and enter administration, take the nine point penalty. It would fuck our recruitment plans would frustrate transfers almost certainly depress the inherent valuation of the club (777 in effect - or others - get th eClub on the cheap). In some respects this frees up funds not required for purchasing to be used in investing.

One final note is the boundary of Criminal Law. It's an offence for any Company to continue to trade beyond Financial viability. If the Directors get a sense that they will cross that threshold they have to act.

Sum total - its Complicated

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9794
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 02 May 2024, 3:16 pm

Apparently in the EFL, if you go into administration after March the something-or-other, the points deduction is applied the following season. Not sure if the PL have this rule as well.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 02 May 2024, 8:00 pm

Armchair wrote:Apparently in the EFL, if you go into administration after March the something-or-other, the points deduction is applied the following season. Not sure if the PL have this rule as well.
the PL don't have rules do they ?.. they just make it up as they go along

Number of posts : 41068

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 02 May 2024, 9:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:Apparently in the EFL, if you go into administration after March the something-or-other, the points deduction is applied the following season. Not sure if the PL have this rule as well.
the PL don't have rules do they ?.. they just make it up as they go along

Good point.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Fri 03 May 2024, 7:30 pm

Getting back to the footy

I noticed on a video for our last game that Seamus was out for the arm ups, dressed in a track suit and standing the classic Brian Epstein pose. Watching the warm up routines like he ws part of the coaching staff. The end of the game, he looked like a manager in waiting.

COTBs.

I was at Luton just once. We lost 2-1 and screwed our chances of a league championship when Marshall came on as sub and defended like an amateur.
Let's not see a repeat please chaps.
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 03 May 2024, 8:21 pm

Anyone got a stream link?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15997

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Fri 03 May 2024, 9:00 pm

Pickford's outside chance of a golden glove has hit the skids.
(Unless we cab beat Arse 1-0)
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 03 May 2024, 9:06 pm

Luton, for obvious reasons, want it more than we do. On that basis, I think this will finish 3-1.

Second half coming up.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 03 May 2024, 9:48 pm

Chermiti and Beto up front causing problems.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15997

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 03 May 2024, 10:06 pm

Hung on for a draw, possibly not deserved.

Barkley was very good, and the bright spot for us was Chermiti at the end. Apart from giving away a stupid free kick, he looked really good. Some lovely touches. He might actually make it!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 03 May 2024, 10:13 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Hung on for a draw, possibly not deserved.

Barkley was very good, and the bright spot for us was Chermiti at the end. Apart from giving away a stupid free kick, he looked really good. Some lovely touches. He might actually make it!

The Premiership doing there best to help Luton ,Pundits on sky giving their agenda to back Luton but, Everton spoiling the party . cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 04 May 2024, 1:23 am

Well, technically me and my lads watched the game. In reality we didn't watch it at all, we were chatting away about the NFL draft, horrible memories of the Palace game two years ago and the Leicester game last season, the quality of the bagels that my youngest lad baked earlier today (they're very good, the boy should be a chef) etc.

Late on I spotted Chermiti and Beto on the pitch. Couldn't remember seeing them subbed on, had no idea how long they'd been on the pitch or whether DCL was injured. The only time I got remotely invested in the game was that horrible 30 seconds when we thought Young was going to take the penalty.

It was actually quite pleasant, to "watch" Everton for the first time in a long time and not really give a toss about the result or the performance. The sort of thing I used to moan about when we were stuck in mid-table mediocrity is actually quite desirable now.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next