606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0

+22
Albert
tadpole
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
ToffeeDan
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MagicMike
The President
Goodison_Gringo
Da Judge
BB
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
Knight of Thorgothshire
Mr_Ben
MyBlueToothBrush
fatboblatch
My other LB is a Ferrari
Mick-J-
Gravy & Chips
Bluey
toffee_pies
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 Empty Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0

Post  toffee_pies Sat 19 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

4th August 8pm

THE earthquake which ripped through the Chilean coast in February killed hundreds and left the nation's economy reeling.

Money which had been set aside for infrastructure improvement and public works disappeared, as the Government simply focused on keeping people alive and with a roof over their heads.

One of the many schemes to suffer as a result of the murderous act of nature was a plan to rebuild ageing football stadiums in the country.

Perhaps inconsequential as funeral followed funeral in towns destroyed by the quake, but a blow for the game in Chile nevertheless.

That's why there is genuine excitement gripping the coastal region of Valparaiso, but in particular the city of Vina Del Mar, where followers of ‘the other' Everton are counting down the days until a historic date in late summer.

The friendly at Goodison Park on August 4 will be the first time that a Chilean club has ever visited Britain, and it's a great source of pride for the people of Vina del Mar.

The city's mayor Virginia Reginato will make the trip to Liverpool, and officials from CD Everton have already been here on a fact-finding mission.

Earlier this year, Chilean journalist Juan Pablo Salgado sent a report to members of the Ruleteros Society in Liverpool, who brokered the game after years of patient campaigning.

It says: ‘The earthquake measuring 8.8 on the Richter Scale that hit Chile, the fifth largest ever recorded in world history, had a massive effect on all spheres of life.

‘Cities were totally destroyed, giant waves washed away small fishing villages and an atmosphere of general panic became the norm for the Chilean people over a period of several days.

‘And football was no exception.

‘To begin with, the championship was suspended for several weeks. Then when the season resumed, it was with a big change. Normally there are two championships in one year, with a summer recess in between. However, due to the disruption caused by the earthquake, the champions will emerge at the end of a single season - a rarity in Latin America in recent years.

‘The earthquake left several grounds badly damaged, among them Everton's Sausalito Stadium in Viña del Mar - the second most used venue of the 1962 World Cup.

‘The Sausalito was so badly damaged that Everton had to play their home matches five miles away in Valparaíso at the home of arch-rivals Wanderers.

‘Owing to the poor condition of the playing surface, Everton found difficulty in playing their usual passing game and their form suffered.

‘It was not until May 2, after a 10-week enforced absence, that Nelson Acosta's team were finally allowed back into their home ground.'

Despite their difficulties, CD Everton went into the mid-season break ahead of the World Cup in sixth place. The league will resume after the South African showpiece ends when Everton will have the opportunity to put a few games under their belt, on July 18 against Audax Italiano and on July 25 against Universidad Catolica, before crossing the Andes, Amazon and Atlantic to make history for "that game" at Goodison Park on Wednesday August 4'.

President of Everton Chile, Antonio Bloise Ramos, has expressed his ‘profound joy that a contest between Everton Chile and Everton Football Club of Liverpool has materialised.

He said: "Our supporters have been eagerly awaiting such a game for a long time now, as, I am told, have yours. The official announcement of the game certainly didn't go unnoticed here in Viña del Mar and the realisation that the game will go ahead has caused widespread excitement across Chile."

Despite the cost of travelling to Liverpool varying between 2,000 and 3,200 dollars per person, interest in watching this momentous match in Everton's history is on the increase. According to Bloise, many more fans may sign up for the trip over the next few weeks.

TV stations in Santiago have shown an interest in televising the game. It looks like Los Ruleteros, founded more than 100 years ago by Anglo-Chilean teenagers inspired by a certain touring side from Walton, are relishing the clash.

They are not turning up just for fun either - insisting they will compete at full throttle to win a game they will treat like a cup final.

The clash will be a pleasant and deserved distraction from the brutal reality of life in an earthquake zone.
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 Empty Re: Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 19 Jun 2010, 12:37 pm

I'm tempted to sneak back for that.....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 Empty Re: Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0

Post  Lumper Sat 19 Jun 2010, 1:30 pm

Only realised that this game is on a Wednesday during the week. Would have headed over to it if it was on the weekend.

I'll be flying into Santiago in January next year and my first port of call will be Vina Del Mar, it's only about an hour away from the capital. I'll be meeting a few of my Liverpool mates as well, some toffees & some shite hawks. I haven't told them that Everton play there. I can't wait to see the look on their face when I hand over the tickets.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sat 19 Jun 2010, 1:53 pm

Vuvuzela wrote:Only realised that this game is on a Wednesday during the week. Would have headed over to it if it was on the weekend.

I'll be flying into Santiago in January next year and my first port of call will be Vina Del Mar, it's only about an hour away from the capital. I'll be meeting a few of my Liverpool mates as well, some toffees & some shite hawks. I haven't told them that Everton play there. I can't wait to see the look on their face when I hand over the tickets.

Laughing
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 Empty Everton vs Everton

Post  Albert Sat 10 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

are people still going to this? was just going to buy my ticket
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 10 Jul 2010, 2:23 pm

must be pay at the gate mate

can't see it being a sell out.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 10 Jul 2010, 2:27 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2010/07/10/halsey-to-ref-chile-game?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Halsey+To+Ref+Chile+Game

MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 10 Jul 2010, 2:53 pm

MagicMike wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2010/07/10/halsey-to-ref-chile-game?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Halsey+To+Ref+Chile+Game

nice words by Halsey Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 Action-s
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 10 Jul 2010, 4:34 pm

I am going, I am even taking my Dad to his first Everton game!
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 10 Jul 2010, 5:49 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
MagicMike wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2010/07/10/halsey-to-ref-chile-game?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Halsey+To+Ref+Chile+Game

nice words by Halsey Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 Action-s
"It has been well documented that Goodison is my favourite ground because the fans know their football here so you can't get away with anything," he told evertonfc.com earlier this summer.

I watched that interview with him just the other day. Good stuff.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Sat 10 Jul 2010, 7:08 pm

My ticket arrived on Thursday and my season ticket arrived today cheers
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick-J- Sat 10 Jul 2010, 9:03 pm

As a gesture of goodwill, the club gave the Chileans the option of what colour kit they would prefer to wear for this match. Suffice to say they've jumped at the chance to wear the "home" kit and everton will be donning the new pink strip.
Nice!!
Mick-J-
Mick-J-

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2005-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari Sat 10 Jul 2010, 9:15 pm

Mick-J- wrote:As a gesture of goodwill, the club gave the Chileans the option of what colour kit they would prefer to wear for this match. Suffice to say they've jumped at the chance to wear the "home" kit and everton will be donning the new pink strip.
Nice!!

Not really a choice , is it? We should break out the Purple one
My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 14 Jul 2010, 4:05 pm

Seeing the Pink kit might sell a few more...

My tickets arrived (and my season-ticket)

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Mon 19 Jul 2010, 9:49 pm

Buy 4 Chang for £4 at Tesco's in the NW and get free ticket for the Chile game!!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/19/win-free-chang-beer-for-a-year-100252-26880331/

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 19 Jul 2010, 10:21 pm

First time I went to Chile in 2003 I got in touch with John Shearon the head of the Ruleteros Society and he put me in touch with a Chilean guy who was the head of the Everton CD supporters club in Vina del Mar. I don't remember the guys name but my mate and me met up with him for a few bevs. He turned out to be a huge piss head. We talked about the two Everton's for a while although his favourite subject was clearly leering at young girls. In the end he took us to one of the local strip clubs which wasn't bad at all. We never managed to see a game as it was the closed season and I didn't bother buying a shirt as there was no reference to Everton on it. Still, whenever I think of Everton Chile I think of great tits.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Tue 20 Jul 2010, 6:48 am

similarly when i think of anfield i also think of tits
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MyBlueToothBrush Thu 29 Jul 2010, 1:24 pm

fatboblatch wrote:similarly when i think of anfield i also think of tits

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 F_laugh Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 F_laugh Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 F_laugh
MyBlueToothBrush
MyBlueToothBrush

Number of posts : 8297
Registration date : 2006-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:15 pm

Just been down to Goodison and got me an Everton Chile top, been wanting one for years. cheers

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 37965_10150239263195591_699390590_13968233_808179_n

Quite looking forward to the game tonight.
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:18 pm

Moyes may 'shuffle the pack' (Official Site)

Everton (from):
Howard, Mucha, Turner,
Hibbert, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Heitinga, Yobo, Coleman,
Osman, Arteta, Rodwell, Neville, Cahill, Pienaar, Baxter, Gueye,
Yakubu, Silva, Saha, Beckford, Vaughan, Anichebe, Wallace.

- basically that's everyone apart from Marouane and Billy (is he injured?) - also Duffy and Agard

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:27 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Moyes may 'shuffle the pack' (Official Site)

Everton (from):
Howard, Mucha, Turner,

- basically that's everyone apart from Marouane and Billy (is he injured?) - also Duffy and Agard

Can't see Moyes wanting many of the big guns having an outing.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 04 Aug 2010, 12:32 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:Moyes may 'shuffle the pack' (Official Site)

Everton (from):
Howard, Mucha, Turner,

Can't see Moyes wanting many of the big guns having an outing.

Yep, possible our opponents will be a little over-exuberant in the tackle, as is their wont.

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 04 Aug 2010, 1:56 pm

He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:Just been down to Goodison and got me an Everton Chile top, been wanting one for years. cheers

Friendly: Everton 2 (Beckford, Bilyaletdinov) CD Everton 0 37965_10150239263195591_699390590_13968233_808179_n

Quite looking forward to the game tonight.

Looks like they don't change their strip each season then, or they're flogging off the 2008 ones. No, I lie, the yellow stripe down the sides is new.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:07 pm

The Everton Chile shirt I've got is made by Lotto. From a few seasons back. It has the sponsor where the player's name would normally go.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

I wasn't sure about the kit, so googled it before I went down, and it is the right one. cheers
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/everton-de-vina-del-mar-2010-umbro-kits.html
I hope them lot in the bottom photo are playing tonight.

As Magic mentioned, seems weird having sponsor logo on the back as well!
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next