606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Luton

+7
SEFTON
Da Judge
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
hairy cataract
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton v Luton - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton v Luton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 30 Sep 2023, 5:18 pm

Another record for us... the first team to ever lose to Luton in the prem.

Dyche needs to go.

booooooooooooo Everton v Luton - Page 2 695251

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:07 pm

Poor old armchair, armchair jr and Mrs hairy.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:09 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Another record for us... the first team to ever lose to Luton in the prem.

Dyche needs to go.

Behave. Sounds like we were so unused to having the lion’s share of the possession that we rather switched off at the back. It’s hugely disappointing but binning of Dyche for someone else isn’t going to solve much, IMHO.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:18 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Another record for us... the first team to ever lose to Luton in the prem.

Dyche needs to go.

Behave. Sounds like we were so unused to having the lion’s share of the possession that we rather switched off at the back. It’s hugely disappointing but binning of Dyche for someone else isn’t going to solve much, IMHO.
not sure about that.. IMHO

The evidence is pretty damning.

Everton v Luton - Page 2 Captu251

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:29 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Dyche needs to go.

not sure about that.. IMHO

The evidence is pretty damning.

Everton v Luton - Page 2 Captu251

He took over a club in absolute freefall last season and kept us up against the odds. I’d still give him till at least the end of this season. Obviously we may be in the championship by then, but you don’t win away at Villa and Brentford without having a team capable of decent football. As I opined earlier it’s the ‘beating the teams we should be beating’ thing that I think has weighed on us here. We’re used to having less possession (I’m guessing this and Sheffield United are the only games we’ve had more of the ball than the opposition) and playing counterattacking footy, this kind of game requires a different gameplan and attitude. We should still be winning but we’re clearly not used to it. Should still have won today in chances created.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:31 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Absolute dog shit.

As some body else said earlier it’s the hope that Kills you.couldn’t be anymore Everton if we tried and the sad thing is?
Their’s nobody that can make the decision to change this, Kenwright is on sick leave and new owners not been approved yet so we are a club in a mess creating our own down fall. Theirs no excuses Sean Dyche picked the team but,I’m guessing he doesn’t know his best team or tactics.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:32 pm

And so my threadmeister run comes to a soggy end. The only positive thing is that now my missus understands the pain of being an Evertonian. She did enjoy the experience but definitely feels sorry for me. Or even more sorry for me.

Of course we had loads of chances and at half time I expected us to come back and win 3-2z. But Luton did a number on us, not that it was difficult for them the way we played. Very poor show.

It’s hard to find any standout players but Tarks was decent. McNeil was as very quiet, while Harrison was very positive but looked a bit rusty. Beto, sadly, looked shite, and DCL weak and timid. It pissed down all day and the missus broke the Everton mug she bought from the shop, cos she dropped it while the goons at the turnstile were searching her bag.
Booooo!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 30 Sep 2023, 6:45 pm

Yeah, well...

If we'd converted one of the chances we created early in the first half we might have won comfortably. I don't recall us having a shot on target in the second half.

Two soft goals to concede as well.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 30 Sep 2023, 8:12 pm

We're fucking tragic aren't we?

Bad day for me - us losing, and then I was otherwise engaged while the Shite lost and kept on getting players sent off. "ROBBED" is trending on Twitter, so I clicked on it and it's all reds talking about 9 v 12 etc. Were they genuinely fucked over by the ref? Hope so.

Anyway, I suppose we needed a reality check to remind us that, despite the two wins on the bounce, we are in fact still Everton and will continue to do Everton things. Back to my relegation acceptance serenity it is then. Can't believe I left my zen comfort zone this week and started hoping again. I feel such a fool.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 30 Sep 2023, 8:33 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:We're fucking tragic aren't we?

Bad day for me - us losing, and then I was otherwise engaged while the Shite lost and kept on getting players sent off. "ROBBED" is trending on Twitter, so I clicked on it and it's all reds talking about 9 v 12 etc. Were they genuinely fucked over by the ref? Hope so.

Anyway, I suppose we needed a reality check to remind us that, despite the two wins on the bounce, we are in fact still Everton and will continue to do Everton things. Back to my relegation acceptance serenity it is then. Can't believe I left my zen comfort zone this week and started hoping again. I feel such a fool.

“But I really thought you’d changed”
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 30 Sep 2023, 9:09 pm

Tonteau wrote:

I blame Sef. He led me astray.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 01 Oct 2023, 12:02 am

Started with a 0-2 home defeat to the shite in 1969, ends with a 1-2 home defeat to probably the worst team to ever play on the prem. A sad end, but I think that's it for me. I pass the burden on to the young generation. Good luck!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 01 Oct 2023, 12:19 am

callmebubbles wrote:Started with a 0-2 home defeat to the shite in 1969, ends with a  1-2 home defeat to probably the worst team to ever play on the prem. A sad end, but I think that's it for me. I pass the burden on to the young generation. Good luck!!!!

Nah mate, we've won two of our last three. That's a 66.666666666666666666667 success rate. In just one week!!! And an old people's seaside resort at home to come. The future is bright.

Nobody gives up on Everton, if they're born not manufactured. We may say we are (I've said it a good few times) and then we're back for another dollop of misery the following week.

Anyway, just because Luton is the turd that Dunstable shat out after a dodgy kebab following a heavy night out doesn't mean that they can't be a respectable Prem outfit once in a while. I was thinking all week that they're due a win, that the promoted teams can't carry on being this shite. Everton hoving into view is a bit like an oasis for a parched waif lost in the desert. And Luton are still fucked off about the 1985 semi as well, so they probably had something to play for.

What the fuck am I wittering on about? We're shite, so are Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves and possibly Brentford. I have said before that we're better away than at home this season. I rather hope that we'll also be better against the top six than the bottom six, because our record against the bottom six so far this season is dismal.

That said, we lost to Wolves. So did Man City. Ergo, I'm pissed and I don't know how to finish this analogy.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Oct 2023, 2:11 pm

23 attempts at goal, 5 on target No
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 01 Oct 2023, 4:40 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I don’t mind taking the blame for leading you a stray mate,I have been an Evertonian far too long to think we have changed after two results,I felt the hurt in the pit of my stomach and that was before the game we all blamed Maupay and Keane for previous poor results, think it’s time the manager and coaches take some responsibility for four losses at home instead trying to talk shite about Stats Ashley Young ,Gana Gueye not good enough for the premiership,I honestly think Sean Dyche is out of his depth at Everton, plus we have been poor for quite a few years now what’s really needed is a decent midfielder who creates chances Garner could be that player if Dyche plays him in the middle,I just wonder if Sean Dyche has a clue who is best starting eleven is?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 Oct 2023, 5:29 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I don’t mind taking the blame for leading you a stray mate,I have been an Evertonian far too long to think we have changed after two results,I felt the hurt in the pit of my stomach and that was before the game we all blamed Maupay and Keane for previous poor results, think it’s time the manager and coaches take some responsibility for four losses at home instead trying to talk shite about Stats Ashley Young ,Gana Gueye not good enough for the premiership,I honestly think Sean Dyche is out of his depth at Everton, plus we have been poor for quite a few years now what’s really needed is a decent midfielder who creates chances Garner could be that player if Dyche plays him in the middle,I just wonder if Sean Dyche has a clue who is best starting eleven is?
I'm glad I'm not the only one starting to get on Dyche's case.... his stats are terrible

He's been in the job long enough to have it sorted, he has let some of our best players go (maybe out of his control but heh), he has had two transfer windows.

.... he got Burnley relegated & he will relegate us.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 02 Oct 2023, 11:15 am

I think our biggest problem - and we have many - is at full back.  Young and Mykolenko are both terrible.  Neither can defend particularly well, although Mykolenko is decent at throwing himself in front of a shot, and neither of them offer anything going forward.  Young in particular can't cross, although Mykolenko gets a pass on that one because he literally never tries to cross the ball.  Harrison and McNeil were both made to look a bit shit at times because they had nobody backing them up or overlapping at the right time.  Both the Luton goals were partly down to our full backs - Young being slow to clear off the line, and Mykolenko allowing their goalscorer the freedom of our penalty area.

The disaster of it all is that their limitations aren't immediately obvious, but have a massive effect on the team and the way we play.  If we had Coleman and Baines in their prime playing in this team, I reckon we'd be in the top half of the table at this point.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 02 Oct 2023, 11:34 am

hairy cataract wrote:I think our biggest problem - and we have many - is at full back.  Young and Mykolenko are both terrible.  Neither can defend particularly well, although Mykolenko is decent at throwing himself in front of a shot, and neither of them offer anything going forward.  Young in particular can't cross, although Mykolenko gets a pass on that one because he literally never tries to cross the ball.  Harrison and McNeil were both made to look a bit shit at times because they had nobody backing them up or overlapping at the right time.  Both the Luton goals were partly down to our full backs - Young being slow to clear off the line, and Mykolenko allowing their goalscorer the freedom of our penalty area.

The disaster of it all is that their limitations aren't immediately obvious, but have a massive effect on the team and the way we play.  If we had Coleman and Baines in their prime playing in this team, I reckon we'd be in the top half of the table at this point.

This is a good shout, something that occurred to me some weeks back, but for slightly different reasons - for me it was all-round defensive ability rather than his limitations going forward.

Myko gets a free pass from some fans because he's perceived to be a good defender. And he is generally decent in a one-on-one situation. As you say, he can block a shot and can block crosses. He did well twice recently against Saka, when in both games he was part of a team penned in against superior opposition. This makes the job of an individual defender positionally more easy, although it requires more concentration of course.

For me, the issue with him defensively is his positional sense, which is often awful. So yeah he can defend when he's in position but that's far from always the case. I can't remember the specific goals but we have conceded at least a couple this season which, when I reviewed them, I put squarely down to him either being in the wrong place for a full back, or just not recognising danger until it was too late.

So we're likely to see more of this when we're at home and trying to be expansive. There is way more scope in such situations for Myko to get caught out positionally.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2