606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villa v Everton

+3
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Villa v Everton - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 20 Aug 2023, 6:18 pm

Dyche saying it like it is.

Everton manager Sean Dyche speaking to Sky Sports: "Miles off, they were better in all departments. Overall, the sharpness, the edge that's important in a performance, particularly scoring goals, them driving in the box, looking more alive than we were defensively. A strange one because we were really on it last weekend and that's what it's got to be, finding consistency. That was badly lacking today.

"Sometimes that's life as a manager. You look at it, you train well, you organise and have a collective down day which was today. You can't wait for someone else to correct it. I've just spoken to the players about that, Everyone's got to make a difference."

"It's been a bit like that - good one week, miles off the next week. We've got to find consistency. No excuses today, they were miles better than us."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 20 Aug 2023, 6:31 pm

I thought we were absolutely terrible

Number of posts : 41048

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 20 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm

by the way... how bad do we actually need to be before we give Cannon a chance to score a goal... because Mopey never ever will

Number of posts : 41048

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 20 Aug 2023, 7:01 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It's definitely time to start Branthwaite instead of Keane who is struggling.

Not many positives to take from this game. Maybe the fact that Danjuma tries to take on the defenders and go for it. And Pickford made a great save at 2-0 to push the ball onto the post. But it was all in vain anyway.

Has Keane ever not struggled? He is a dismal defender and makes a howler every game. And we let Coady go??

Next 6 games will make it clear. We have Wolves, Sheff U. Bournemourh and Luton. If we are still bottom after then, well its goodbye.

We have a couple of weeks to get in a goalscorer and a creative midfielder. Cant see it happening, will probably be Adams and some random midfielder on loan.

I still cant believe that we are actually worse off than the finish of last season. Today was appalling and things look dark. Cant score and always concede. Just hope there are somehow 3 worse teams.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 20 Aug 2023, 7:04 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Dyche saying it like it is.

Everton manager Sean Dyche speaking to Sky Sports: "Miles off, they were better in all departments. Overall, the sharpness, the edge that's important in a performance, particularly scoring goals, them driving in the box, looking more alive than we were defensively. A strange one because we were really on it last weekend and that's what it's got to be, finding consistency. That was badly lacking today.

"Sometimes that's life as a manager. You look at it, you train well, you organise and have a collective down day which was today. You can't wait for someone else to correct it. I've just spoken to the players about that, Everyone's got to make a difference."

"It's been a bit like that - good one week, miles off the next week. We've got to find consistency. No excuses today, they were miles better than us."

I don't think he is saying it like it is, to be honest. We couldn't score against a dreadful Fulham team, who offered us chance after chance, and we had our arses totally spanked by a Villa team which didn't get out of second gear after the first 20 minutes. We gifted them goals and, with the exception of Danjuma, we were universally awful.

This is not an up and down team, this is the worst team in the Premier League who are going to struggle every single week, not matter who is the opposition. And now, with DCL and Iwobi probably out long term and Gray banished to outer Siberia, we have a much weaker squad than we had last season. Danjuma shone like a plastic gem in a pile of dog shit, but our other signings are pointless - Harrison, who isn't fit until October by which time we will be as good as relegated, some kid from Sporting who isn't even as good as the lad from Coventry who didn't want to come to us, Young who was brilliant 20 years ago.

This is rock bottom, and that's where we are and where we will remain for the rest of the season.

I'm with Bubbles, I'm not intending to go to many games this season. I'd rather wait and watch us in the Championship, where might be less embarrassing.

And next week, the club will trot out players to ask the fans to get behind them blah blah.

Let's be clear about this, the fans will get behind the club because that's who we support. Fuck the players, fuck the manager, fuck the board, fuck the owners. They're all useless. All I hope for is a re-set next season in the Championship with a new board, ideally a new owner, new players and a new manager.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 20 Aug 2023, 8:17 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:let's me totally honest here.... you HAVE to blame Rotts for this !!
It's difficult not to.

Given how shit our actual paid footballers are, I shall accept responsibility under protest and with extreme reluctance...

And I shall refrain from starting any further match threads for as long as we are so embarrassingly toss. So look out for my next match thread opener in around 2028/29, away to Dagenham & Redbridge in League One.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 20 Aug 2023, 8:33 pm

I've had a lovely afternoon at a friend's barbecue, spoilt only by the frequent goal alerts on my phone.

Now forcing myself to watch the highlights, as some kind of penance. Err, any ideas what Keane was doing for that third goal? Answers on a postcard please.

Seriously, Branthwaite must be dogshit.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 20 Aug 2023, 9:47 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:I've had a lovely afternoon at a friend's barbecue, spoilt only by the frequent goal alerts on my phone.

Now forcing myself to watch the highlights, as some kind of penance. Err, any ideas what Keane was doing for that third goal? Answers on a postcard please.

Seriously, Branthwaite must be dogshit.

We got rid Mina and Coady without replacing them brought in a 38 year old ffs,
We still need a striker but, bring in two wingers .when we do eventually bring in a young striker he’s not ready.
Bit premature I know but Sean Dyche is not the man to take us forward whilst he persists with Michael Keane ,one worst defenders
We have ever had play for Everton since the days of Per Kaldrop -Earl Barrett.What has Jarrod Branthwaite got to do to get in this team? Sorry Sean Dyche your decision making team selections are abysmal picking Michael Keane is going to be your downfall.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4