606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+34
Knight of Thorgothshire
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
The President
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
SEFTON
Yankthattoffee
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Tonteau
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Gravy & Chips
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
Luka Perfect
Super
Dixie Land
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Statman
anticipate_the_pass
El Pablo
My other LB is a Ferrari
Michael Crosby S74
38 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 9 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 03 Apr 2014, 10:18 pm

This is just agent-speak.......

He told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad: "I'm looking for a club for Romelu. And yes, I've talked to Daniel Levy once, but that doesn't mean Romelu will definitely join Spurs. That's not a talking point at this moment."
He added that not every club will be able to afford Lukaku should Chelsea decide to sell him.
"There aren't 20 teams that can afford to buy Romelu," he said.
"He won't go from Everton to, let's say, Swansea. There's also a difference between Everton that plays against relegation and an Everton that fights for European football."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 9 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 04 Apr 2014, 6:55 am

Chelsea will sell him for GBP25M

I'd rather we signed 2 x GBP10M strikers and a GBP5M striker
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 04 Apr 2014, 7:45 am

Everton will beat Tottenham in the race to sign their on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku, 20, on a permanent deal from Chelsea, but only if the Merseyside club qualify for the Champions League.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Chelsea have put a £25m price tag on Lukaku even though he has never scored for the club.
Full story: Sun (subscription required)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 04 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

Mr_Ben wrote:Chelsea will sell him for GBP25M

what's the point in buying three average strikers? you can only play one or two at a time. I'd rather the club spent all its budget on one big signing a year, so a proven striker this summer for £20-25m

and maybe a proven striker for the same amount next year - we need goals, not squad members (unless we get into the CL in which case we need both!)
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 10:17 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:

what's the point in buying three average strikers?  you can only play one or two at a time.  I'd rather the club spent all its budget on one big signing a year, so a proven striker this summer for £20-25m

and maybe a proven striker for the same amount next year - we need goals, not squad members (unless we get into the CL in which case we need both!)
I agree Sacko ... surely we could do a deal where we put say 10M on the table & make up the rest with add ons .... Manure did that to us with Wayne .... it must be agreeable to a Russki billionaire that he gets his wad over a period of time, rather than all in one go.... I mean he won't go bust will he ???.... or maybe we can ask Cameron to put sanctions on the fucker over Ukraine

Number of posts : 41060
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  El Pablo Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:45 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

what's the point in buying three average strikers?  you can only play one or two at a time.  I'd rather the club spent all its budget on one big signing a year, so a proven striker this summer for £20-25m

I agree Sacko ... surely we could do a deal where we put say 10M on the table & make up the rest with add ons .... Manure did that to us with Wayne .... it must be agreeable to a Russki billionaire that he gets his wad over a period of time, rather than all in one go.... I mean he won't go bust will he ???.... or maybe we can ask Cameron to put sanctions on the fucker over Ukraine

Are Chelsea suffering from the financial fair play rules? There was a story going round that the sale of Mata was partly to balance the books. Could that influence the structure of the deal?
El Pablo
El Pablo

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 2:02 pm

btw ... where did 20M come from scratch 

Chavs paid Anderlect 10M for Lukaku & if he is really surplus to Jose's requirements then maybe he'll be happy to recoup that fee, not double it ???

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 04 Apr 2014, 2:14 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:btw ... where did 20M come from scratch 

Chavs paid Anderlect 10M for Lukaku & if he is really surplus to Jose's requirements then maybe he'll be happy to recoup that fee, not double it ???

thought they paid £18m for him?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 2:48 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:btw ... where did 20M come from scratch 

thought they paid £18m for him?
According to today's Daily Nazi online it was 10M... just checked wiki & it says 10M rising to 17 (with add ons) ... since he's hardly kicked a ball for Chavs I assume there have been few add ons materialise ... maybe we can paythe 10M & transfer the Anderlect Addons to us... for when we win the prem, champions league etc..  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 04 Apr 2014, 3:26 pm

El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Are Chelsea suffering from the financial fair play rules? There was a story going round that the sale of Mata was partly to balance the books. Could that influence the structure of the deal?

Probably. They spent £80m on players before fatty benitez took over and Jose spent a bit, too. I very much doubt they'd sell Lukaku for less than they paid for him, which was about £17m.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 3:42 pm

Tonteau wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Probably. They spent £80m on players before fatty benitez took over and Jose spent a bit, too. I very much doubt they'd sell Lukaku for less than they paid for him, which was about £17m.
they paid 10M mate... rising to 17 with add ons... and my assumption there have been very few add ons as he has hardly kicked a ball for them ... if we offered 10M & transferred the Anderlect Add ons that may be a good starting point

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 04 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Tonteau wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

they paid 10M mate... rising to 17 with add ons... and my assumption there have been very few add ons as he has hardly kicked a ball for them ... if we offered 10M & transferred the Anderlect Add ons that may be a good starting point

Why would we do that? What I mean is, if Chelsea sell him, then he presumably hasn't achieved what was required to trigger the clauses so why would Chelsea care if we took them on or not? Our deal would be with Chelsea, not with Anderlecht, so surely previous agreements with Chelsea would become null and void? I'm not pretending to be an expert, just can't see why we would expose ourselves to having to make future payments for no real reason.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 3:55 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Why would we do that? What I mean is, if Chelsea sell him, then he presumably hasn't achieved what was required to trigger the clauses so why would Chelsea care if we took them on or not? Our deal would be with Chelsea, not with Anderlecht, so surely previous agreements with Chelsea would become null and void? I'm not pretending to be an expert, just can't see why we would expose ourselves to having to make future payments for no real reason.
That Sir ... is a bloody good point well made.... fuck Anderlect !

10M it is then  cheers cheers cheers 

SIGN HIM !!!

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 04 Apr 2014, 5:22 pm

Tonteau wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

SIGN HIM !!!

At £10m Spuds would buy him and offer him a billion quid a week in wages.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25886

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 5:47 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

SIGN HIM !!!

At £10m Spuds would buy him and offer him a billion quid a week in wages.
but spuds won't be in CL & they have a ballboy as a manager

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 05 Apr 2014, 7:59 am

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has dismissed speculation linking Romelu Lukaku, 20, with a move to Tottenham, insisting there has been no approach for the striker, who is on loan at Everton until the end of the season.
Full story: Metro
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 05 Apr 2014, 11:07 am

Tonteau wrote:
El Pablo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

SIGN HIM !!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 06 Apr 2014, 8:09 am

I think this is all we are going to hear now until end of season

Tottenham have held talks with Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, who is on loan at Everton, about a summer move, according to the 20-year-old's agent.
Full story: Talksport
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Sun 06 Apr 2014, 8:40 pm

Looking at his goal celebration today, I think we know which Manager he'd like to play for  cheers cheers 
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:25 pm

anticipate_the_pass wrote:Looking at his goal celebration today, I think we know which Manager he'd like to play for  cheers cheers 

I thought exactly the same, great to see that sort of relationship from both player and manager.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 10 Apr 2014, 1:31 pm

A decent read...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukaku-insists-hes-everton-6944043

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Thu 10 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm

Good to see the big man back in form leading into the last few games of the season. His goals are obviously important but when he's playing well those around him benefit from the destruction he causes.
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:22 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:A decent read...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukaku-insists-hes-everton-6944043

Definitely reads as though he has no intention of staying though which is a shame. It would be interesting if we could put a bid in, especially if we did finish 4th.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:A decent read...

Definitely reads as though he has no intention of staying though which is a shame. It would be interesting if we could put a bid in, especially if we did finish 4th.
I doubt if he could have said anything different and not piss off Chelsea.
We get 4th, we get Big Luke.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 12 Apr 2014, 8:23 am

Everton boss Roberto Martinez says Romelu Lukaku's happiness at Goodison Park during his loan spell from Chelsea could make the 20-year-old striker a permanent fixture there next season.
Full story: Daily Mirror
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next