606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 21 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 08 Mar 2016, 8:45 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I went to an Everton In The Community event on Friday night in Parbold with my dad. He said "Martinez lives around here, he might turn up".

He did to be fair to him, popped his head in for 10 minutes or so, said how good a job EITC do etc etc.

He still got a heroes reception. I said to two blokes on the table we were on I dont rate him and he is stubborn.

He needs to go if they can find a decent replacement.

Fair play to him, he's a good man. Shit manager, but a good man.

Pretty much my take on it too, Joe Royle, Graham Stuart, Cliff Marshall and Martin Dobson were all part of a Q&A type thing. They didn't really do anything out of the ordinary but Joe Royle confirmed that Amokachi subbed himself on in the semi against Spurs. Also to hear about this http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mersey-hard-men-johnny-morrissey-3433534 from Joe Royle was brilliant and so funny. I had never heard about it.

Martin Dobson was great though, I watched him through the night and he made a point of going to every single table and speaking for 5 minutes or so to everyone. He came to our table of 4 when just me and my dad were there, he asked what we thought about the new investor and about the prospects of a new ground.

He didn't have to do that and to be honest he was a bit before my time, but my dad was made up.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 21 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:23 pm

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 21 Screen10

Nothing too hectic there then.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I went to an Everton In The Community event on Friday night in Parbold with my dad. He said "Martinez lives around here, he might turn up".

He did to be fair to him, popped his head in for 10 minutes or so, said how good a job EITC do etc etc.

He still got a heroes reception. I said to two blokes on the table we were on I dont rate him and he is stubborn.

Pretty much my take on it too, Joe Royle, Graham Stuart, Cliff Marshall and Martin Dobson were all part of a Q&A type thing. They didn't really do anything out of the ordinary but Joe Royle confirmed that Amokachi subbed himself on in the semi against Spurs. Also to hear about this http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mersey-hard-men-johnny-morrissey-3433534 from Joe Royle was brilliant and so funny. I had never heard about it.

Martin Dobson was great though, I watched him through the night and he made a point of going to every single table and speaking for 5 minutes or so to everyone. He came to our table of 4 when just me and my dad were there, he asked what we thought about the new investor and about the prospects of a new ground.

He didn't have to do that and to be honest he was a bit before my time, but my dad was made up.

I agree. I have gotten to know Martin really well this year as we have a good chat before and after the game every week and some times even during as he will sometimes sit behind me during the match. Every guest I have brought along has always been incredibly impressed with his geniality as a perfect host. He is an absolute star.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:43 pm

Da Judge wrote:

I agree. I have gotten to know Martin really well this year as we have a good chat before and after the game every week and some times even during as he will sometimes sit behind me during the match. Every guest I have brought along has always been incredibly impressed with his geniality as a perfect host. He is an absolute star.
Martin was amazing when I was in the posh seats... an absolute gent who spoke twice at length to me... a true star

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 08 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm

Bluejagz wrote:ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 21 Screen10

Nothing too hectic there then.

I'll give you a verbal £1000/1 under Scots law for Pep to be our next manager!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 08 Mar 2016, 11:22 pm

Da Judge wrote:

And a very cultured footballer in his day as well.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 09 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm

How mad is it that Big Dunc is favourite with the bookies to be our next permanent manager? It just won't happen, no way, no how. No billionaire is going to come in and go "yeah, let's give the job to that fucking nutter with the pigeon shit all over him!"

Mind you, Moyes is next favourite and after that Gary Neville. Moyes I can imagine happening, though I'd be a bit surprised, but Neville - after ten games in management, most of which he's lost?

What it does show is how few genuine candidates there are.

I reckon Howard Kendall is in with a shout at this rate.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 09 Mar 2016, 2:54 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:How mad is it that Big Dunc is favourite with the  bookies to be our next permanent manager?  It just won't happen, no way, no how.  No billionaire is going to come in and go "yeah, let's give the job to that fucking nutter with the pigeon shit all over him!"

Mind you, Moyes is next favourite and after that Gary Neville.  Moyes I can imagine happening, though I'd be a bit surprised, but Neville - after ten games in management, most of which he's lost?  

Sorry but that list exception ''Hiddink /Simone'' is sh* te ,Where is Pellegrini? Ronald De boa?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 09 Mar 2016, 2:56 pm

sefton wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:How mad is it that Big Dunc is favourite with the  bookies to be our next permanent manager?  It just won't happen, no way, no how.  No billionaire is going to come in and go "yeah, let's give the job to that fucking nutter with the pigeon shit all over him!"

Mind you, Moyes is next favourite and after that Gary Neville.  Moyes I can imagine happening, though I'd be a bit surprised, but Neville - after ten games in management, most of which he's lost?  

Sorry but that list exception ''Hiddink /Simone'' is sh* te ,Where is Pellegrini? Ronald De boa?
Hodgson, Benitez, Rogers.. would cause a bit of a stir Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 09 Mar 2016, 4:42 pm

Who the balls is Terry Tuchel?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 09 Mar 2016, 9:37 pm

But the favourite is still 6/1. Until there is a vacancy, there's no telling who will be favourite. A large part of it is who is available at any given moment in time. I can't see Bobby going until the summer to be honest.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 09 Mar 2016, 9:40 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

But the favourite is still 6/1. Until there is a vacancy, there's no telling who will be favourite. A large part of it is who is available at any given moment in time. I can't see Bobby going until the summer to be honest.
If I'm really honest... I can't see Bobby going at all... and that is tragic Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 09 Mar 2016, 9:44 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

If I'm really honest... I can't see Bobby going at all... and that is tragic Mad

Bill is still Chairman and I think he likes Bobby too much. Can't see him sacking Bobby.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 10 Mar 2016, 7:16 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35768923

Barcodes sniffing around Rafa.

Never thought I would say this, but he'd be a much better bet than Martinez for us. I blame him for poisoning the relationship between red and blue on Merseyside, and for being a twat, and for that shite about small clubs.... but he's tough and he knows how to put together a team. He still has a house on the Wirral as far as I know. And the RS still love him. Many reasons to employ the fat knobhead.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Thu 10 Mar 2016, 7:55 am

https://www.evertonarentwe.com/2016/03/09/roberto-martinez/

Worth a read bit I am sad to say I have gone beyond hope now 😕
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 10 Mar 2016, 10:50 am

hairberto cataract wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35768923

Barcodes sniffing around Rafa.

Never thought I would say this, but he'd be a much better bet than Martinez for us.  I blame him for poisoning the relationship between red and blue on Merseyside, and for being a twat, and for that shite about small clubs.... but he's tough and he knows how to put together a team.  He still has a house on the Wirral as far as I know.  And the RS still love him.  Many reasons to employ the fat knobhead.

NO NO NO NO, We have one hypocrite already at Everton ,we don't need another.affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 10 Mar 2016, 11:26 am

Helenqu wrote:https://www.evertonarentwe.com/2016/03/09/roberto-martinez/

Interesting read.
The one thing that RM did wrong was probably having such a positive effect on the team in his first year.
It gave us all the kind of hope that only football fans can muster.
5th, and almost 4th if it was for his terrible team selection against Palace at home in the run in.
His second season with us, hoping that Big Luke and the baffling Eto'o signing, would likely be marauding through defenses, took the wind out of our sails, and then we met Yarmalenko and his mates. Then we stumbled into this season.
Could it be the false hope and high expectations that have hurt us?
Expectations of the club and fans?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 10 Mar 2016, 12:36 pm

His first season, his defence still had the Moyes mentality.

It's shot to fuck now.

The man has absolutely no idea how to get his team to defend.

His sub on Saturday shows how much of an arrogant fuckwit he is.

2- 0 up. play the game out and a nice 3 points...oh no!!! not this fuckwit. what we need to do is get that all important 3rd goal.

As I said, fuckwit.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 10 Mar 2016, 2:11 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:His first season, his defence still had the Moyes mentality.

It's shot to fuck now.

The man has absolutely no idea how to get his team to defend.

His sub on Saturday shows how much of an arrogant fuckwit he is.

2- 0 up. play the game out and a nice 3 points...oh no!!! not this fuckwit. what we need to do is get that all important 3rd goal.

As I said,  fuckwit.
On MOTD2 Trevor Sinclair mentioned Leicester's "secret" to Danny Simpson. When they're under pressure they put Mahrez and Vardey on each wing, while the rest defend, which requires the defense to double-team them both. If that's was what RM had in mind then it makes sense, except Big Luke and Niasse didn't adopt the same strategy.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 10 Mar 2016, 8:26 pm

Good article. In between me wanting him sacked, I do wonder if we are being a bit harsh on him. Clearly we are very good going forward (51 goals scored; only City and Leicester have scored more...both 52). At the back we are a bit suspect, having let in 39 goals. But we're not that much worse than Leicester (31), City (31) and Arsenal (30).

On the other hand, I don't see any improvement defensively. We get a reasonable number of clean sheets but if the opposition score one, they'll go to score another 3 or 4 because we are so brittle.

And the league table didn't lie last season and it isn't lying now either Neutral
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 10 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm

Armchair wrote:

Good article. In between me wanting him sacked, I do wonder if we are being a bit harsh on him. Clearly we are very good going forward (51 goals scored; only City and Leicester have scored more...both 52). At the back we are a bit suspect, having let in 39 goals. But we're not that much worse than Leicester (31), City (31) and Arsenal (30).

On the other hand, I don't see any improvement defensively. We get a reasonable number of clean sheets but if the opposition score one, they'll go to score another 3 or 4 because we are so brittle.

And the league table didn't lie last season and it isn't lying now either Neutral

What annoys me the most is we have a good defence. We have good defensive midfielders but we just can't settle and win 1-0. I am not wanting use to win the league by winning every game 1-0 but at time ie last weekend we just need to shut up shop.

Also the free kicks and corners are shit. We are no longer a threat from them.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:45 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Armchair wrote:

What annoys me the most is we have a good defence. We have good defensive midfielders but we just can't settle and win 1-0. I am not wanting use to win the league by winning every game 1-0 but at time ie last weekend we just need to shut up shop.

Also the free kicks and corners are shit. We are no longer a threat from them.

Correct - there are positives about the way that we play but everyone knows what to expect. We should have more strings to our bow.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 11 Mar 2016, 12:04 pm

Roberto Martinez is a Jig-Saw Puzzle missing a few pieces, Looks great on the box? Try assembling it together.

Out of his Debth.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 11 Mar 2016, 12:16 pm

Barcodes have sacked McClaren. They need someone like Martinez. Let's give him to them.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 11 Mar 2016, 12:44 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Barcodes have sacked McClaren.  They need someone like Martinez.  Let's give him to them.
cheers good call... he has history in taking clubs down too so he's perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next