606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 9 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Albert Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:52 am

everyone has their price dont they. sell at their peak value and try and buy others at a low value. a bit like wigan but higher up the scale.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 9 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Blue gazza Fri 29 Jul 2011, 2:32 am

Arsenal have raised their offer for Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka to £15m. They have also moved to end uncertainty over Cesc Fabregas by instructing Barcelona to meet their £40m valuation by Sunday or forget about signing the midfielder.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

then just offer £20 million for jags, or fuck off
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:21 am

£15m, i can only hope that DM has identified a replacement and another player to spend the money on.

Bit like Lescott saga but lets hope we dont get a Bily II
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:22 am

Has Jags said anything about this Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 9 Confused

What figure would we have to let him go at Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 9 Confused
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:22 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3720784/Arsenal-land-Juan-Mata-Phil-Jagielka-is-next.html

£100k a week, I think Jags will want the move too
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 29 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3720784/Arsenal-land-Juan-Mata-Phil-Jagielka-is-next.html

£100k a week, I think Jags will want the move too
Sadly, and predictably, this will all come to a head in the last couple of days leading up to the Spurs openner. All DM's preseason preparations will count for very little, as once again, we get drawn into this racket.
We can only hope that it is the ocne and only fight on our hands, and that DM has a striker in mind.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

Tell that prat Wenger it's 20 Million non-negotiable -- or fuck off...

We can then get some decent players for 20 Mill

Number of posts : 41036

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 29 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

I wouldn't blame Jags for taking the Arsenal offer. I mean, he'll still win fuck all, but Arsenal need a decent bread and butter English centre half and Jags fits the bill. Still think they'd be better off buying Fellaini off us to beef up their midfield. In fact, Jags and Fellaini for £35m wouldn't be a bad deal for both teams. Fellaini never plays a full season for us so he's no great loss, and we could pick up one of Birmingham's centre halves for about £8m and have enough left over for a decent winger and striker.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25874

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I wouldn't blame Jags for taking the Arsenal offer. I mean, he'll still win fuck all, but Arsenal need a decent bread and butter English centre half and Jags fits the bill. Still think they'd be better off buying Fellaini off us to beef up their midfield. In fact, Jags and Fellaini for £35m wouldn't be a bad deal for both teams. Fellaini never plays a full season for us so he's no great loss, and we could pick up one of Birmingham's centre halves for about £8m and have enough left over for a decent winger and striker.

Roger Johnson has already joined Wolves for £7 million which is a steal. I wouldn't have minded selling Jags for £20 million and replaced him with Johnson for £7 million leaving £13 million for a new striker. I have heard that Brum want £12 million for Dann and the shite are ready to bid for him.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I wouldn't blame Jags for taking the Arsenal offer. I mean, he'll still win fuck all, but Arsenal need a decent bread and butter English centre half and Jags fits the bill. Still think they'd be better off buying Fellaini off us to beef up their midfield. In fact, Jags and Fellaini for £35m wouldn't be a bad deal for both teams. Fellaini never plays a full season for us so he's no great loss, and we could pick up one of Birmingham's centre halves for about £8m and have enough left over for a decent winger and striker.

Roger Johnson has already joined Wolves for £7 million which is a steal. I wouldn't have minded selling Jags for £20 million and replaced him with Johnson for £7 million leaving £13 million for a new striker. I have heard that Brum want £12 million for Dann and the shite are ready to bid for him.

Didn't realise they were asking that much for Dann. Oh fuck it. Anyway, any old nobhead can play centre half - you just have to be tall and be able to hoof it very hard.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Didn't realise they were asking that much for Dann. Oh fuck it. Anyway, any old nobhead can play centre half - you just have to be tall and be able to hoof it very hard.

lol! lol! lol!

Titus Bramble is it then. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

affraid I was thinking Davey Weir or maybe Brian Labone
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

I think you are right. They are both better bets than Bramble.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

I think you are right. They are both better bets than Bramble.

I must admit I've always had a yearning for a centre-back partnership of Sooty and Sweep, with Harry Corbett behind them in goal, with one hand up each of their arses. This would also work with Jagielka and Distin, but might be in breach of their contracts. And don't get me started on Bill and Ben up front with Little Weed playing just off them.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 29 Jul 2011, 8:20 pm

Rumour today that Arsenal will increase their bid to £15m but probably just speculation. Would that be too good to turn down for a 29 year old with our financial problems?
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sat 30 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

Cahill the Great wrote:Rumour today that Arsenal will increase their bid to £15m but probably just speculation. Would that be too good to turn down for a 29 year old with our financial problems?

tempting at that price
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 30 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

Albert wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:Rumour today that Arsenal will increase their bid to £15m but probably just speculation. Would that be too good to turn down for a 29 year old with our financial problems?

tempting at that price

Really depends how much the replacement is?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Albert wrote:

tempting at that price

Yobo £0.

Although we would need some cover I suppose.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22552
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Albert wrote:

tempting at that price

Yobo £0.

Although we would need some cover I suppose.

No disrespect to Yobo but personally I would see replacing Jags with Yobo as a step backwards.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm

Albert wrote:

tempting at that price
Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe. But Distin is 34 I think, and he could play for another year or two, which means that Jags could have another good 5-6 seasons in him. Having said that, that means our central pairing would be gone and we'd have to look for two new ones very soon.

I would say that if the price is £20M, then we can talk.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 14 Aug 2011, 6:34 am

They're at it again:

Arsenal are expected to make a renewed bid for Everton centre-half Phil Jagielka this week, with the club set to lose both Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri to Barcelona and Manchester City respectively.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:33 am

Arsenal are expected to make a renewed bid for Everton centre-half Phil Jagielka this week as the club come to terms with the imminent departures of Cesc Fabregas, who flies to Barcelona on Monday to complete his £35million move, and Samir Nasri, who the club are now willing to sell to Manchester City for £20m.

Manager Arsene Wenger is also still searching for a midfield replacement for Fabregas, having ruled out Valencia's Juan Mata, but is said to be adamant he will not pay over the odds for players even though the £55m raised by the Fabregas and Nasri sales will be put at his disposal.

Fabregas will finally complete his protracted move to Barcelona on Monday when he undergoes a medical, but Barca manager Pep Guardiola has appeared to criticise the premature euphoria of his players Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol, who had used Twitter to announce the Fabregas deal on Friday.

Guardiola said: 'Cesc is still an Arsenal player. When I want to know the latest on the matter I don't look at the tweets of Pique and Puyol. I speak to the directors and they tell me that matters are very advanced but some papers unsigned.'

Fabregas will wear the No 4 shirt at Barca, the shirt once worn there by Guardiola himself.

Given Everton manager David Moyes's unwillingness to sell Phil Jagielka and the player's contentment at Everton, only a £20m bid is likely to succeed, but Arsenal are reluctant to pay that for a player who is 29 this week.

A source close to Jagielka said he is 'ambitious for Champions League football but sensible', indicating that he will not agitate for a move unless Everton decide to sell him.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sun 14 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Albert wrote:

tempting at that price
Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe. But Distin is 34 I think, and he could play for another year or two, which means that Jags could have another good 5-6 seasons in him. Having said that, that means our central pairing would be gone and we'd have to look for two new ones very soon.

we've still got fake hardman jonny heitinga dont forget
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Albert wrote:
Albert wrote:

tempting at that price

True, but if Jags leave and one of Distin and Heitinga gets injured, who would play CB? Rodwell? Pip? Stubbs Very Happy ?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 14 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

Albert wrote:
Albert wrote:

tempting at that price

True, but if Jags leave and one of Distin and Heitinga gets injured, who would play CB? Rodwell? Pip? Stubbs Very Happy ?

Yobo Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next