606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

+43
hairy cataract
Cahill the Great
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
tadpole
Dixie Land
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Michael Crosby S74
The President
Da Judge
notepad
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Albert
Bryan
Mr_Ben
Statman
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Helenqu
Lumper
Tonteau
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Valentino Blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Diamond
BB
El Pablo
Garry Adams
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
duncs pigeons
SouthernSmugToffee
blueFire
Brummie No Mates
MagicMike
detroitblue
paul
Luka Perfect
toffee_pies
47 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic Empty 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  toffee_pies Fri 31 Jul 2009, 11:53 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/07/30/everton-fc-latest-phil-neville-hails-joleon-lescott-s-form-100252-24276140/
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic Empty Phil Neville

Post  Super Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:06 am

Everton will wait until Monday morning to assess the full extent of Phil Neville's injury. The Blues' captain had to be stretchered off the field in the 77th minute following a challenge from Fulham's Dickson Etuhu. Everton's medical team revealed following the 2-1 defeat at Craven Cottage that Neville had sustained a bad cut to his left knee. Neville left London on crutches with the rest of his Everton team mates and will undergo a scan in the next 24 hours. Manager David Moyes said: "Phil has a gash in his knee." “He will travel home on the team bus and not have to go to hospital. We think it’s okay. I’ve not had chance to speak to medical team yet." Ironically, Dickson Etuhu was a Preston North End player during Moyes' time at Deepdale. “I know Dickson quite well and I don’t think he is that kind of player," added the boss. "I think he was a bit late in getting there. It used to be the way of the world." “If that’s the way the ref is going to let the game go nowadays I’d be delighted. But that’s not how it works in football these days. I thought it merited at least a free-kick and maybe a booking." “I think we now have a rule if you tackle with your trailing leg coming through then it’s a foul. That at least happened. It was missed. It was a bad miss by the referee."

Now would be a bad thing if Pip was to miss a couple of games, let Moyes have a bit of a re-shuffle in the middle of the park???
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:15 am

Super wrote:Everton will wait until Monday morning to assess the full extent of Phil Neville's injury. The Blues' captain had to be stretchered off the field in the 77th minute following a challenge from Fulham's Dickson Etuhu. Everton's medical team revealed following the 2-1 defeat at Craven Cottage that Neville had sustained a bad cut to his left knee. Neville left London on crutches with the rest of his Everton team mates and will undergo a scan in the next 24 hours. Manager David Moyes said: "Phil has a gash in his knee." “He will travel home on the team bus and not have to go to hospital. We think it’s okay. I’ve not had chance to speak to medical team yet." Ironically, Dickson Etuhu was a Preston North End player during Moyes' time at Deepdale. “I know Dickson quite well and I don’t think he is that kind of player," added the boss. "I think he was a bit late in getting there. It used to be the way of the world." “If that’s the way the ref is going to let the game go nowadays I’d be delighted. But that’s not how it works in football these days. I thought it merited at least a free-kick and maybe a booking." “I think we now have a rule if you tackle with your trailing leg coming through then it’s a foul. That at least happened. It was missed. It was a bad miss by the referee."

Now would be a bad thing if Pip was to miss a couple of games, let Moyes have a bit of a re-shuffle in the middle of the park???

The problem is - Moyes doesnt have an awful lot of options.

Options 1 -He can either move Osman inside - and give Bilyaledinoc RM

Option 2- stick Cahill and Fellaini in the middle again.

I think Heitenga in midfield would be waste and he badly needed in defense right now.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:21 am

When I saw the tackle on Neville first time it looked bad. But in slow motion it is x-certificate!! Etuhu went in studs first and caught Neville just below the knee (ouch). It should have been a free kick at the very least but the ref just played on.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/football-news/2009/09/13/everton-fc-boss-moyes-fumes-over-challenge-on-phil-neville-55578-24679563/

On replacing Neville at DM, Rodwell and Hetinga will be good candidates. We should pull Osman into the middle, where he plays better and play Gosling wide.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:33 am

Dunno why Neville went in to the challenge tbh, could see it was gonna end in tears.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:54 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:Dunno why Neville went in to the challenge tbh, could see it was gonna end in tears.

Cos he's a professional footballer and never shirks his responsibility. If he'd pulled out, he's have had the people on his back, shouting "Fucking hell, Phil. Get stuck into them!!"
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:02 am

Bigger problem will be AEK this thursday as Hibbo is banned for red card in last game and Heittenga is not available due to being cup tied until January.

Maybe put Gosling at RB, Ossie in the middle with Rodwell and Billy on the wing. 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic Confused
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:34 am

Tonteau wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:Dunno why Neville went in to the challenge tbh, could see it was gonna end in tears.

Cos he's a professional footballer and never shirks his responsibility. If he'd pulled out, he's have had the people on his back, shouting "Fucking hell, Phil. Get stuck into them!!"

he didn't need to make that tackle in the middle of the park just like he didn't need to barge into the players back on the edge of the box. i'm not questioning his desire or commitment, i just don't think he needed to go into the tackle... fuck what anyone thinks in the stands
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep 2009, 11:53 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

he didn't need to make that tackle in the middle of the park just like he didn't need to barge into the players back on the edge of the box. i'm not questioning his desire or commitment, i just don't think he needed to go into the tackle... fuck what anyone thinks in the stands

The barging into players on the edge of the area thing I agree with, but this was a 50/50 ball in the centre of the park, it's the kind of challenge our players need to contest. Both players got a piece of it, but one went in sliding on the floor and one went in studs first with both feet off the ground. You can't legislate for the shithouse raking his studs down neville's leg. I've seen neville challenge for that kind of ball plenty of times before and he's never got seriously hurt. It's just the player he is, he was never going to back out of that challenge.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 14 Sep 2009, 12:30 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

or watching on the telly
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Mon 14 Sep 2009, 1:11 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

The barging into players on the edge of the area thing I agree with, but this was a 50/50 ball in the centre of the park, it's the kind of challenge our players need to contest. Both players got a piece of it, but one went in sliding on the floor and one went in studs first with both feet off the ground. You can't legislate for the shithouse raking his studs down neville's leg. I've seen neville challenge for that kind of ball plenty of times before and he's never got seriously hurt. It's just the player he is, he was never going to back out of that challenge.

i think that ball was always 70/30 in etuhu's favour - he just got there first.

neville timed it all wrong and got hurt.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:38 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/neville-has-ligament-damage.html

lengthy lay off ;(

Last edited by Diamond on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:54 pm

Diamond wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/neville-has-ligament-damage.html

Lenghty lay off ;(

Terrible news! I reckon 3 months minimum.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:06 pm

That is just awful news.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:12 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Diamond wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/neville-has-ligament-damage.html

Lenghty lay off ;(

Terrible news! I reckon 3 months minimum.

Try 6 to 8 months and at 32 he may never play again
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

Pass the armband to Distin then please Mr Moyes!!!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:15 pm

Fucking fucked now aren't we? That's both our central defenders, our playmaker, our top scorer, and our captain all out for months or gone completely. Backs against the wall already and it's not even Autumn yet.

Imagine if the Shite lost this many players at once? Gerrard, Torres, Carra, Alsonso, and Kuyt for example, all out for six months or sold?

Dunno if you see it as a positive or a negative, but that could be the end of Neville as a first team regular. Can see him being offered a coaching position at the end of the season.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:20 pm

I have a feeling his season is over - the only positive will be if Rodwell and Gosling can step up to the mantle but a top 6 finish has now gone for us and our european campaign looks fragile
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:31 pm

Ruddy Perfect wrote:I have a feeling his season is over - the only positive will be if Rodwell and Gosling can step up to the mantle but a top 6 finish has now gone for us and our european campaign looks fragile
Top 6? More like top 12.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:38 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Ruddy Perfect wrote:I have a feeling his season is over - the only positive will be if Rodwell and Gosling can step up to the mantle but a top 6 finish has now gone for us and our european campaign looks fragile
Top 6? More like top 12.

Don't be negative KOT
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:42 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Fucking fucked now aren't we? That's both our central defenders, our playmaker, our top scorer, and our captain all out for months or gone completely. Backs against the wall already and it's not even Autumn yet.

Imagine if the Shite lost this many players at once? Gerrard, Torres, Carra, Alsonso, and Kuyt for example, all out for six months or sold?

Dunno if you see it as a positive or a negative, but that could be the end of Neville as a first team regular. Can see him being offered a coaching position at the end of the season.

TBH... I said exactly the same to Griff and BNM yesterday - when it happened. I would doubt he would be in contention for a regular first team place - assuming that the rest of the lads (and particularly the youngsters start to blossom). I would be very hopeful that as prt of his rehabilitation - he is getting his badges... because he will I think be a fantastic coach.

All best wishes for a speedy recovery Pip!!

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:46 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Fucking fucked now aren't we? That's both our central defenders, our playmaker, our top scorer, and our captain all out for months or gone completely. Backs against the wall already and it's not even Autumn yet.

To be fair the Shoite actually oinly need to lose 2 and all that applies... they are actually as weak as us in terms of depth.... they certainly have more options than we do with the respective squad sizes.... but blast the veneer away... and what is left is just as brittle...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep 2009, 3:56 pm

The likes of Peterlin, Arnoux and Garbutt will be asking for a new expensive pair of boots for Christmas because I can see all of them playing come January! affraid

This is shocking. We havent even see our injured players return before picking up even more injuries.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:00 pm

Super wrote:Pass the armband to Distin then please Mr Moyes!!!

No way! Cant have a sulky frenchman leading the team.

It has to be Cahill - fully deserves the armband after the graft he's put in over the past 5 years. I think he's the next best leader out there and has the 100% work ethic.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:03 pm

It's typical of our luck. But we just have to roll our sleeves up and get on with it. It's a real pity Pip is injured, though, cos he'd be the one getting stuck in most when we need to and that's what we'll have to do for the next couple of months.

I can see heitinga being played in Pip's role alongside Rodwell.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next