606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+18
Tonteau
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
Goodison_Gringo
Gravy & Chips
Sack the Juggler
The President
RhinoJagz
Armchair
WellOilBeefHooked
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
Statman
SouthernSmugToffee
Rotterdam 1985
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Lumper
22 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 16 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm

can't be arsed talking about him now, he wants to leave, so fuck him, get the best price we can and move on.

If he wants to be adored like the golden vision and dave hickson then he'll need their love of the club, he has only love for himself, and in the immortal words of the great Justin Bieber, "Cause if you like the way you look that much, Oh Rom, you should go and fuck yourself"
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I don't have too many issues with Lukaku's comments, apart from the bollocks about Kompany and City - hardly an inspiritional comparison, they threw billions away on absolute shite at first.  Also, it really boils down to whether he wants jam today or jam tomorrow.  I mean, we aren't going to fulfill his ambitions for a few years, whatever happens, so if he doesn't want to hang around he should go.  He doesn't need to point fingers at the club about who we failed to sign - even if we had picked up a couple more players, Lukaku would want out.

I think we should carry on as before - offer him a king's ransom in wages, tell him we plan to try to sign some more players, show the new stadium plans, then say "and if that isn't enough, then you can go with our blessing to the first club to offer us £70m - if you're that good, there should be plenty of takers."
Pretty much the nail there.
We all just wish he would refrain from his philosophical meanderings every summer winter and international break. "We're all in this together this year, to try and get a CL position, and push on. As for me? Well I'm one of the team and we'll have to wait until July to see what the future holds. It's exciting times here for the club who pay me £5M a year" Something like that, but it seems that he had a bit of the Trump in him Wink
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:36 pm

Koeman's take on it was quite interesting. He was clearly pissed off, but he kept saying it was up to the board and the club. Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that Koeman is also less than impressed with the board and is kind of saying "ok Rom, I agree with every word, but shut the fuck up mate".

We could end the summer with a new stadium agreed, six or seven massive money signings, and a real shot at the big time, or we could end up without a manager, without Lukaku, without Barkley and with Rooney as our main striker, backed up by Niasse.

Fucking hell, I was thinking of getting a season ticket as well clown

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 16 Mar 2017, 2:38 pm

Could I also say I want jam today, on brown toast, with a nice cup of tea, and marmalade tomorrow.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Koeman's take on it was quite interesting.  He was clearly pissed off, but he kept saying it was up to the board and the club.  Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that Koeman is also less than impressed with the board and is kind of saying "ok Rom, I agree with every word, but shut the fuck up mate".

We could end the summer with a new stadium agreed, six or seven massive money signings, and a real shot at the big time, or we could end up without a manager, without Lukaku, without Barkley and with Rooney Naisse as our main striker, backed up by Niasse Kone.

Fixed it for you.....
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:20 pm

Super wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Koeman's take on it was quite interesting.  He was clearly pissed off, but he kept saying it was up to the board and the club.  Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that Koeman is also less than impressed with the board and is kind of saying "ok Rom, I agree with every word, but shut the fuck up mate".

We could end the summer with a new stadium agreed, six or seven massive money signings, and a real shot at the big time, or we could end up without a manager, without Lukaku, without Barkley and with Rooney Naisse as our main striker, backed up by Niasse Kone.

Fixed it for you.....

pale thanks Super
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 16 Mar 2017, 3:26 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I don't have too many issues with Lukaku's comments, apart from the bollocks about Kompany and City - hardly an inspiritional comparison, they threw billions away on absolute shite at first.  Also, it really boils down to whether he wants jam today or jam tomorrow.  I mean, we aren't going to fulfill his ambitions for a few years, whatever happens, so if he doesn't want to hang around he should go.  He doesn't need to point fingers at the club about who we failed to sign - even if we had picked up a couple more players, Lukaku would want out.

I think we should carry on as before - offer him a king's ransom in wages, tell him we plan to try to sign some more players, show the new stadium plans, then say "and if that isn't enough, then you can go with our blessing to the first club to offer us £70m - if you're that good, there should be plenty of takers."
We all just wish he would refrain from his philosophical meanderings every summer winter and international break. "We're all in this together this year, to try and get a CL position, and push on. As for me? Well I'm one of the team and we'll have to wait until July to see what the future holds. It's exciting times here for the club who pay me £5M a year" Something like that, but it seems that he had a bit of the Trump in him Wink

Did he sign an order to prevent Kone entering Finch Farm?

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 16 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Did he sign an order to prevent Kone entering Finch Farm?

Yes, but it was overturned by Da Judge cop Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 978926
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 16 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:

Fixed it for you.....

pale thanks Super

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 F_laugh Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 F_laugh Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 4 F_laugh
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 17 Mar 2017, 12:07 am

Everton's Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku can still fulfil his dream of playing in the Champions League if he signs a new contract at Goodison Park, says three-time Arsenal Premier League winner Ray Parlour.(Talksport)

That will stop him leaving scratch
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Fri 17 Mar 2017, 8:59 am

The President wrote:Everton's Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku can still fulfil his dream of playing in the Champions League if he signs a new contract at Goodison Park, says three-time Arsenal Premier League winner Ray Parlour.(Talksport)

Are you sure it wasn't Tom Davies in disguise?
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Fri 17 Mar 2017, 9:45 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
The President wrote:Everton's Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku can still fulfil his dream of playing in the Champions League if he signs a new contract at Goodison Park, says three-time Arsenal Premier League winner Ray Parlour.(Talksport)

Are you sure it wasn't Tom Davies in disguise?

Sounds like Koeman will hold him to his contract, which has 2 years to run.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 17 Mar 2017, 12:36 pm

SEFTON shouts ? Smokescreen,Is It just a coincidence Romelu Lukaku spouts out against the Board and Yesterday his agent Mino Raiola Is In Manchester to meet Officials from Manchester United ? Yes Zlatan Ibrehimevic / Paul Pogba both share the same agent as Romelu Lukaku but? I don't trust that Little Italian Git One bit.

Everton should hold Romelu Lukaku to his contract,At the same time move quickly In the Market In the Summer transfer Window , Buy Disembele at Celtic.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:49 am

Everton's Belgium international striker Romelu Lukaku, 23, is "trying to stir the pot" to force a move away, says former Toffees midfielder Leon Osman. (BBC Radio 5 live)
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:43 am

TBH I am fed up of him already, I follow EVERTON and no player is bigger than the club.
He is not as good as he thinks he is, sure, he scores goals, but let's start looking for replacements now.
He has been chasing a move for two years, but nobody would pay the price we wanted

We are the selling club, we dictate the price and terms

As good as he is for us I cannot wait for him to go, he is not an EVERTON player in my eyes.
I hope he scores goals till he goes, gets us a Euro place, then goes on to his dream move and realises his mistake

We are EVERTON, we are on the way up
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 19 Mar 2017, 12:33 am

Romelu Lukaku will be allowed to leave Everton under the terms of an agreement reached last year. The club told the 23-year-old striker they would not stand in his way if they failed to qualify for the Champions League this season. (Mirror)

Premier League leaders Chelsea are leading the race to sign the Belgian international if he leaves Goodison Park. (Mail)
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:54 am

Even by some fluke if we finish 4th, I still believe he will leave if another big club comes in with a big offer. He has a greedy agent.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 19 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Even by some fluke if we finish 4th, I still believe he will leave if another big club comes in with a big offer.  He has a greedy agent.
He'll be part of the Minola merry-go-round.
He has the taste for the big money deal after the Pogba fee.
So it'll be Ibrahimovic to Italy or Germany, Big Luke to United to fill that gap, or
Mendes moves Costa somewhere lucrative and in slots Lukaku in there.
Big dosh for the agents all round.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 19 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

It's all a bit of a shame, cos I'd love to see this side develop under Koeman, built around a rejuvinated Ross (now he's been given a freer role), a barnstorming Lukaku (who has developed into the best striker we've seen at Goodison since Lineker, and possibly even longer than that), and a fantastic young prospect in Davies (who, as a rampaging box to box midfielder and a local lad to boot, is giving us something we haven't seen in years). With Gueye looking back to his pre-African Cup of Nations best, Schneiderlin looking a top signing, and lads like Lookman, Holgate and Calvert-Lewin on the bench and ready to break through, we're probably only two centre-backs, maybe a left-back, and another striking option away from being a very decent outfit.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 19 Mar 2017, 6:11 pm

hairy cataract wrote:It's all a bit of a shame, cos I'd love to see this side develop under Koeman, built around a rejuvinated Ross (now he's been given a freer role), a barnstorming Lukaku (who has developed into the best striker we've seen at Goodison since Lineker, and possibly even longer than that), and a fantastic young prospect in Davies (who, as a rampaging box to box midfielder and a local lad to boot, is giving us something we haven't seen in years).  With Gueye looking back to his pre-African Cup of Nations best, Schneiderlin looking a top signing, and lads like Lookman, Holgate and Calvert-Lewin on the bench and ready to break through, we're probably only two centre-backs, maybe a left-back, and another striking option away from being a very decent outfit.

The Longer he stays the lower the fee we get. That said the longer he stays the more I like CL football in 2 years time. Maybe then he stays

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 19 Mar 2017, 6:28 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:It's all a bit of a shame, cos I'd love to see this side develop under Koeman, built around a rejuvinated Ross (now he's been given a freer role), a barnstorming Lukaku (who has developed into the best striker we've seen at Goodison since Lineker, and possibly even longer than that), and a fantastic young prospect in Davies (who, as a rampaging box to box midfielder and a local lad to boot, is giving us something we haven't seen in years).  With Gueye looking back to his pre-African Cup of Nations best, Schneiderlin looking a top signing, and lads like Lookman, Holgate and Calvert-Lewin on the bench and ready to break through, we're probably only two centre-backs, maybe a left-back, and another striking option away from being a very decent outfit.

The Longer he stays the lower the fee we get. That said the longer he stays the more I like CL football in 2 years time. Maybe then he stays

yes, this is the dilemma. Imagine if he says, okay I'll stay another year or maybe two but I won't sign a new contract. He'll be able to leave age 25 at no fee, and command stratospheric wages. And he still won't even be at his peak! But we get zero pence. I dunno, I think I might take that....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 19 Mar 2017, 8:06 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

yes, this is the dilemma.  Imagine if he says, okay I'll stay another year or maybe two but I won't sign a new contract.  He'll be able to leave age 25 at no fee, and command stratospheric wages.  And he still won't even be at his peak!  But we get zero pence.  I dunno, I think I might take that....

I suppose we don't need the money nowadays but I bet Mosh didn't make his fortune by releasing £70m assests for £0m.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 19 Mar 2017, 9:38 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

yes, this is the dilemma.  Imagine if he says, okay I'll stay another year or maybe two but I won't sign a new contract.  He'll be able to leave age 25 at no fee, and command stratospheric wages.  And he still won't even be at his peak!  But we get zero pence.  I dunno, I think I might take that....

I suppose we don't need the money nowadays but I bet Mosh didn't make his fortune by releasing £70m assests for £0m.

Funny aul game. You look at the lack of game time Sissoko and Perez have had at Arsenal and Spurs and that could have been £50m wasted on minimal improvement to the squad. Alternatively, not signing them has freed us space for Davies and Calvint-Lewin to play and purchase Lookman bringing down the average age of the squad. Sometimes not signing certain players can have a positive effect on the squad! Not sure what my point is. Something about jam again, I guess.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 19 Mar 2017, 11:02 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

But we wouldn't be releasing a £70m asset for £0, we'd be utilizing that asset over the course of two seasons, at around £30m a season. Considering we've got a player who cost not far short of that in the treatment room for a year, and as KoelJagz said, Spurs have spunked more than that on Sissoko who is a dud, then hey ho. And of course it's not my money Very Happy
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 20 Mar 2017, 12:40 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

But we wouldn't be releasing a £70m asset for £0, we'd be utilizing that asset over the course of two seasons, at around £30m a season.  Considering we've got a player who cost not far short of that in the treatment room for a year, and as KoelJagz said, Spurs have spunked more than that on Sissoko who is a dud, then hey ho.  And of course it's not my money Very Happy
Even if he runs his contract down, isn't there still some kind of fee due?
I seem to recall a team getting a nominal amount in the same circumstances.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next