606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

+18
Tonteau
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
Goodison_Gringo
Gravy & Chips
Sack the Juggler
The President
RhinoJagz
Armchair
WellOilBeefHooked
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
Statman
SouthernSmugToffee
Rotterdam 1985
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Lumper
22 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 3 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  SEFTON Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm

Blue gazza wrote:I'm all fed up of the " will he, won't he " saga.

It seems obvious to me that he is stalling for a move and will jump as soon as possible, there is no loyalty with him at all, even if we got Euro footy he will be off.

We, as a club are right in maximising our assets, I think we need to be looking round for a QUALITY replacement

I am certain he will be off in the summer

Away from football matters, I believe Romelu Lukaku Is only Interested In two things? 1) His own Ego, 2) Money, for them two reasons I would sell him, Why else would he stall on signing a new 5 year contract? Because he will be able to move on In the summer If the transfer fee is below 60 million, Everton are trying to do everything possible to stop other Clubs from trying to sign Lukaku with a 90 million pound clause written into his new contract, there Is no questioning Lukaku's talent but? When he does finally move on Lukaku will be a small fish In a big pond, watch his career tumble when the goals dry-up for ten games or more Lukaku will be dropped and his Ego will be In tatters.

For now I will support him while he wears the royal blue shirt of Everton, After that good riddance.

Just my opinion. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 3 Empty Re: Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season)

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:51 pm

sefton wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:I'm all fed up of the " will he, won't he " saga.

It seems obvious to me that he is stalling for a move and will jump as soon as possible, there is no loyalty with him at all, even if we got Euro footy he will be off.

We, as a club are right in maximising our assets, I think we need to be looking round for a QUALITY replacement

I am certain he will be off in the summer

Away from football matters, I believe Romelu Lukaku Is only Interested In two things? 1) His own Ego, 2) Money, for them two reasons I would sell him, Why else would he stall on signing a new 5 year contract? Because he will be able to move on In the summer If the transfer fee is below 60 million, Everton are trying to do everything possible to stop other Clubs from trying to sign Lukaku with a 90 million pound clause written into his new contract, there Is no questioning Lukaku's talent but? When he does finally move on Lukaku will be a small fish In a big pond, watch his career tumble when the goals dry-up for ten games or more Lukaku will be dropped and his Ego will be In tatters.

For now I will support him while he wears the royal blue shirt of Everton, After that good riddance.

Just my opinion. cheers

And his celebrations have been really shit this season. Remembered when he scored against Arsenal and nearly assaulted Martinez. Now he just points at the player how made the assist and walks back to centre circle with barely a smile. Only problem is it isn't going to be easy identify a replacement that will guarantee 15 goals plus a season.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 14 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm

He's the best forward we've had in decades. Why would we get rid of him? Ego, crap celebrations...I don't give a hoot as long as he is scoring.

We would struggle to attract a serious replacement. The prospect of Europa League matches away to Bate Borisov and the like aren't going to attract players of Lukaku's calibre.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 14 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

Armchair wrote:He's the best forward we've had in decades. Why would we get rid of him? Ego, crap celebrations...I don't give a hoot as long as he is scoring.

We would struggle to attract a serious replacement. The prospect of Europa League matches away to Bate Borisov and the like aren't going to attract players of Lukaku's calibre.

I agree. If we keep him then we can attract better players on board. With those players we'll be in a position where his loss, two or three years down the line, will be less of an issue. It would be a couple of steps backwards to lose him now IMO without an appropriate replacement which, as BlueJagz says, will be incredibly difficult to find. Better off keeping him. I can't wait for the next time he scores and looks like he can't be arsed - time and time again.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 14 Mar 2017, 3:24 pm

probably get shot down for this but,,

IF lukaku leaves ===likely
and
IF we signed rooney = probable

i would like to think we could attract good quality players based on the fact rooney has signed for us,

why would lukaku want a low buy out clause ? , so he can be sold quickly in summer
i would keep his wages as they are and concentrate on finding a quality replacement
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 14 Mar 2017, 4:17 pm

Blue gazza wrote:probably get shot down for this but,,

and

i would like to think we could attract good quality players based on the fact rooney has signed for us,

why would lukaku want a low buy out clause ?  , so he can be sold quickly in summer
i would keep his wages as they are and concentrate on finding a quality replacement

Even better, keep Lukaku and sign Rooney. That would be a statement of intent Smile
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 14 Mar 2017, 4:20 pm

Armchair wrote:

and

why would lukaku want a low buy out clause ?  , so he can be sold quickly in summer

Even better, keep Lukaku and sign Rooney. That would be a statement of intent Smile

Yep, agree again - no reason we can't have both. We don't need to sell our best players.

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 14 Mar 2017, 5:01 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Armchair wrote:

and

Yep, agree again - no reason we can't have both. We don't need to sell our best players.

I'm sure Moshiri-Koeman and the fans would love that, but It ain't gonna happen, Lukaku wants away, that's another reason he's stalling on new 5 year contract.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/14/romelu-lukaku-rejects-new-140000-a-week-everton-contract-offer/
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 14 Mar 2017, 5:17 pm

sefton wrote:
Armchair wrote:

and

I'm sure Moshiri-Koeman and the fans would love that, but It ain't gonna happen, Lukaku wants away, that's another reason he's stalling on new 5 year contract.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/14/romelu-lukaku-rejects-new-140000-a-week-everton-contract-offer/

yup he's going, so let's get what we can for him and focus on who our next striker will be?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:19 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
sefton wrote:
Armchair wrote:

and

yup he's going, so let's get what we can for him and focus on who our next striker will be?

Good job Naisse is scoring goals.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 14 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm

Just hope its a quick sale now and doesnt get messy. Its a shame but you cant blame him. He either commits to Morshiri project or decides he wants to cut his teeth at a higher level. The only pity is its leaves a bad taste in the mouth for the run in on the back of some good form and general positivity at the club. Just be nice if he continues to put the effort in from now until he goes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

Lumper wrote:
The President wrote:Romelu Lukaku's contract negotiations with Everton are "99.99999%" complete according to his agent. The 23-year-old has scored 17 goals this season. (Liverpool Echo)

It has been so close for sometime now .... whats the hold up Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea's loss (for this season) - Page 3 Confused

I think it's been agreed that he'll be sold in the summer and all talk of a new contract is bullshit. It's just a ploy to keep the fans off his back.

I accepted the inevitable last week.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 14 Mar 2017, 8:33 pm

He still might stay but, assuming he doesn't, I get it. It's a short career, he can't really hang around much longer waiting for us to turn into CL regulars. For all we moan about him, his goalscoring record speaks for itself and I think he's stepped up another level this year. I can see him continuing to do well in the PL for Chelsea or maybe Man U.

On the other hand this is, as has been said, messy. If he does dig in his heels, what sort of reception will the fans give him for the run-in? Will he give his all or will he try to avoid injury?

It's annoying because, watching Spurs you get the importance of putting together a settled team around your best players. I think Koeman would happily ditch everyone bar Barkley, Rom, Gueye and Morgan. Looks like we may lose two of our best, which might set us back another year.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 14 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

hairy cataract wrote:He still might stay but, assuming he doesn't, I get it.  It's a short career, he can't really hang around much longer waiting for us to turn into  CL regulars.  For all we moan about him, his goalscoring record speaks for itself and I think he's stepped up another level this year.  I can see him continuing to do well in the PL for Chelsea or maybe Man U.  

On the other hand this is, as has been said, messy.  If he does dig in his heels, what sort of reception will the fans give him for the run-in? Will he give his all or will he try to avoid injury?  

It's annoying because, watching Spurs you get the importance of putting together a settled team around your best players.  I think Koeman would happily ditch everyone bar Barkley, Rom, Gueye and Morgan.  Looks like we may lose two of our best, which might set us back another year.

I believe that the club wants a £90m clause and his side want something approaching £50-60m. Both sides are perhaps on the respective outer fringes of what is acceptable. There is an obvious compromise that if he goes to another club (or any subsequent club) and he as a professional wins the CL or national championships then top payments will apply. Such a construct would potentially be payable as a direct contract with Romelu going forward, and in some respects reflects the type of deal we had for Wayne when he went to join Manure.

The likelihood is that we will/should settle around £70m (ideally this figure if he goes European) however if he is to go direct opposition then I do feel that we should stick out for £75-80m because honestly that is what the market is worth.

For us going forward - I do om Dfeel RK has his idea of what "good and solid" looks like - if I am brutally honest as a club we should always value our manager over the players and I do fear us losing him. I really do begin to rate him. That said if we win a cup and push for the title we keep him ... if we show for the cups and are not close to contending I think we lose him end of next year.

If I look at the squad.... we will keep Ross, Morgan, Idrissa, Tom D, Dom C-L, Mason, Joel and Stek, Seamus will be supplemented by other incoming. Basic does offer some promise - still. Barry/Williams/Baines will I think progressively mentor the juniors through. Does Kevin M still have it to excite RK?

Overall I get the sense that after the summer we will get Ronald's team. It will be gut wrenching to lose Rom - but if we do and we get value for him - well that is the way of the world nowadays - it will hurt but it will not be like we have done a Southampton. Getting 5th and a campaign in Europe - then Rom go with our blessing if you want is fine with me...... You are still only 24 (then)

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 15 Mar 2017, 1:21 am

Chelsea believe they can persuade Everton striker Romelu Lukaku to rejoin them this summer after the 23-year-old Belgium international rejected a new contract at Goodison Park. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus could also be interested in Lukaku. (Sun)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:14 am

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:He still might stay but, assuming he doesn't, I get it.  It's a short career, he can't really hang around much longer waiting for us to turn into  CL regulars.  For all we moan about him, his goalscoring record speaks for itself and I think he's stepped up another level this year.  I can see him continuing to do well in the PL for Chelsea or maybe Man U.  

On the other hand this is, as has been said, messy.  If he does dig in his heels, what sort of reception will the fans give him for the run-in? Will he give his all or will he try to avoid injury?  

It's annoying because, watching Spurs you get the importance of putting together a settled team around your best players.  I think Koeman would happily ditch everyone bar Barkley, Rom, Gueye and Morgan.  Looks like we may lose two of our best, which might set us back another year.

I believe that the club wants a £90m clause and his side want something approaching £50-60m. Both sides are perhaps on the respective outer fringes of what is acceptable. There is an obvious compromise that if he goes to another club (or any subsequent club) and he as a professional wins the CL or national championships then top payments will apply. Such a construct would potentially be payable as a direct contract with Romelu going forward, and in some respects reflects the type of deal we had for Wayne when he went to join Manure.

The likelihood is that we will/should settle around £70m (ideally this figure if he goes European) however if he is to go direct opposition then I do feel that we should stick out for £75-80m because honestly that is what the market is worth.

For us going forward - I do om Dfeel RK has his idea of what "good and solid" looks like - if I am brutally honest as a club we should always value our manager over the players and I do fear us losing him. I really do begin to rate him. That said if we win a cup and push for the title we keep him ... if we show for the cups and are not close to contending I think we lose him end of next year.

If I look at the squad.... we will keep Ross, Morgan, Idrissa, Tom D, Dom C-L, Mason, Joel and Stek, Seamus will be supplemented by other incoming. Basic does offer some promise - still. Barry/Williams/Baines will I think progressively mentor the juniors through. Does Kevin M still have it to excite RK?

Overall I get the sense that after the summer we will get Ronald's team. It will be gut wrenching to lose Rom - but if we do and we get value for him - well that is the way of the world nowadays - it will hurt but it will not be like we have done a Southampton. Getting 5th and a campaign in Europe - then Rom go with our blessing if you want is fine with me...... You are still only 24 (then)

Keeping Ronald Koeman Is a must If we are to move forward,The timing of contract renewal for Lukaku is bad but Everton don't want too let one of its major stars leave on the cheap in the summer, we still have European football to challenge for this season, all this media hype could up-set Lukaku's mind-set and effect are final finish In the premiership. whilst its also causing a divide amongst the fans, Farhad Moshiri Is trying his best to smooth things over by announcing Lukaku is still an Everton player, that's all well and good, but Lukaku keeps talking to Journalists about his career when he's being paid to do a job at Everton, It will hurt If and when Lukaku goes but does Lukaku feel anything for the club and fans? I don't think so, Everton fans know better than most life goes on, When Wayne Rooney left we thought the world would end, we moved on and qualified for Champions league football the next season. Everton football club has existed since 1878 Lukaku is just another part of this clubs wonderful History.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 16 Mar 2017, 7:59 am

Chelsea are planning to make a £100m bid for Everton's 23-year-old forward Romelu Lukaku and attacking midfielder Ross Barkley, 23. (Daily Telegraph)
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 16 Mar 2017, 8:00 am

Chelsea will sell 26-year-old striker Diego Costa to fund their bid for Lukaku and Real Madrid's 24-year-old striker Alvaro Morata. (Sun)

Romelu Lukaku said "instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead" as he revealed some of the frustrations behind his decision to reject a new contract with Everton. (Liverpool Echo)

Everton's majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri is confident Romelu Lukaku will commit to a new contract at the club. (Talksport)

Everton have told Chelsea they will have to pay more than £65m if they want to sign Belgium international Romelu Lukaku. (Evening Standard)
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 16 Mar 2017, 8:04 am

Lukaku, 23, reiterated his ambition to play for a Champions League side, and although he knows the Goodison outfit are intent on competing at the level in the future he questioned their ambition in the transfer market over the last two windows.

The Belgium international is currently the Premier League's joint top goalscorer and is enjoying his most prolific campaign on Merseyside since arriving in 2013.

Asked if he can go on to become the best striker in the world, he said: "Definitely. Definitely. But to do that, you need the platform to show yourself.

"Then you are talking about Champions League and whatever types of games. I don’t want to go into details on that but you just follow the path that is in front of you. Whatever type of situation, I just try to deliver.

"I’m close. Close. I’m close. At the minute I am one of the best strikers in the league."

Asked about the level of ambition at Goodison, the 23-year-old said: "You have to have the attitude, you have to. Everton as a football club has a great history right.

"But the future has to be written. You get me?

"Because we always talk about the teams of the 80s and 60s and if you look it was great. But we as players we want the fans talking about us instead of us talking about them. No disrespect but you know what I mean.

"You want to be remembered as well. No matter where you play you want to be remembered.

"You cannot only be remembered by scoring goals, you want to be remembered by winning trophies at the end of the day.

"So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead. How this club has to grow, how this club has to improve, which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies.
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 16 Mar 2017, 8:05 am

"Sometimes I will speak to Vincent Kompany who was at City when it all happened. He said, ‘Rom, one summer I just came in and boom, boom, boom, boom… Robinho from there, that guy came in, this guy came in, this guy came in (clicking fingers) and then everyone was criticising them but at the end they won league titles, FA Cup here, League Cups there.

"That is what we want as players.

"I don’t know, I don’t know what the board’s plan is. I don’t really know.

"Obviously stuff is changing and stuff is happening, but like I said there were some players that we could have got. That I knew the club could have got and they didn’t get. And they are playing in this league.

"I am not saying names, but they are doing well.

"It is a little bit frustrating but, at the end of the day, we have fantastic players. We cannot look at the others, we can only look at ourselves. We are the only ones to blame. We cannot blame the fans. We cannot blame the manager."
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 16 Mar 2017, 8:43 am

The President wrote:Chelsea are planning to make a £100m bid for Everton's 23-year-old forward Romelu Lukaku and attacking midfielder Ross Barkley, 23. (Daily Telegraph)

Each?

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 16 Mar 2017, 10:54 am

I don't have too many issues with Lukaku's comments, apart from the bollocks about Kompany and City - hardly an inspiritional comparison, they threw billions away on absolute shite at first. Also, it really boils down to whether he wants jam today or jam tomorrow. I mean, we aren't going to fulfill his ambitions for a few years, whatever happens, so if he doesn't want to hang around he should go. He doesn't need to point fingers at the club about who we failed to sign - even if we had picked up a couple more players, Lukaku would want out.

I think we should carry on as before - offer him a king's ransom in wages, tell him we plan to try to sign some more players, show the new stadium plans, then say "and if that isn't enough, then you can go with our blessing to the first club to offer us £70m - if you're that good, there should be plenty of takers."
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 16 Mar 2017, 11:11 am

hairy cataract wrote:I don't have too many issues with Lukaku's comments, apart from the bollocks about Kompany and City - hardly an inspiritional comparison, they threw billions away on absolute shite at first.  Also, it really boils down to whether he wants jam today or jam tomorrow.  I mean, we aren't going to fulfill his ambitions for a few years, whatever happens, so if he doesn't want to hang around he should go.  He doesn't need to point fingers at the club about who we failed to sign - even if we had picked up a couple more players, Lukaku would want out.

I think we should carry on as before - offer him a king's ransom in wages, tell him we plan to try to sign some more players, show the new stadium plans, then say "and if that isn't enough, then you can go with our blessing to the first club to offer us £70m - if you're that good, there should be plenty of takers."

Agreed. Koeman's presser should be interesting enough if the broader points made by Lukaku are brought up. Essentially he too is interested in the same jam as Lukaku wants now but is he more patient to eat dried toast and Move Over Butter while the jam is been ordered? This analogy is hanging by a thread. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 16 Mar 2017, 11:11 am

hairy cataract wrote:I don't have too many issues with Lukaku's comments, apart from the bollocks about Kompany and City - hardly an inspiritional comparison, they threw billions away on absolute shite at first.  Also, it really boils down to whether he wants jam today or jam tomorrow.  I mean, we aren't going to fulfill his ambitions for a few years, whatever happens, so if he doesn't want to hang around he should go.  He doesn't need to point fingers at the club about who we failed to sign - even if we had picked up a couple more players, Lukaku would want out.

+1
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 16 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

He needs to just shut the fuck up and doe his job.

Any questions put to him, "No comment"

See, it's fucking easy.

Rom, are you wanting out to Chelsea this summer? - "No comment"

Are you going to sign the contract? - "No comments

See how easy that it?

He will start having some nuggets in the crowd booing him soon
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next