606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 22 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 04 Sep 2013, 5:39 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
David Moyes will bid again for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera, 24, and Everton defender Leighton Baines, 28, in January to try to restore Manchester United's crumbling reputation as a major player in the transfer market.

Full story: Daily Mail  
Did he ever miss out on a target for Everton and go back in for him in the next window?

I can't think of one.
Good point.
I think as soon as he appeared to move for a player, Spurs, Barcodes etc would step in before he could pusue them again in te next window.
Maybe not so much Fer but there was Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe who we were close to getting and he never went back, as well as a few others.

Would be good if Everton could tie Baines down to a big contract.
That has to be a priority in the next few months.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 22 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Armchair Wed 04 Sep 2013, 7:19 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
David Moyes will bid again for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera, 24, and Everton defender Leighton Baines, 28, in January to try to restore Manchester United's crumbling reputation as a major player in the transfer market.

Did he ever miss out on a target for Everton and go back in for him in the next window?

I can't think of one.
Good point.
I think as soon as he appeared to move for a player, Spurs, Barcodes etc would step in before he could pusue them again in te next window.
Hopefully some other clubs come in for Baines and drive his price up. I don't see him signing a new contract unfortunately.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:08 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:

I can't think of one.
Good point.
Hopefully some other clubs come in for Baines and drive his price up. I don't see him signing a new contract unfortunately.
Reported in todays newspaper that Baines will get a three year extention to the current two years he already has to run on his contract, with a £25 k pay rise making Baines one of the highest earners at Everton ,the paper went on to say that this was reward for Baines not handing in a transfer request, Baines himself thought by doing so would disrespect the fans.

Top Man.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:24 am

sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I can't think of one.
Good point.
Reported in todays newspaper that Baines will get a three year extention to the current two years he already has to run on his contract, with a £25 k pay rise making Baines one of the highest earners at Everton ,the paper went on to say that this was reward for Baines not handing in a transfer request, Baines himself thought by doing so would disrespect the fans.

Top Man.
Deserves to be top earner.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:15 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I can't think of one.
Good point.

Top Man.
Deserves to be top earner.  
He's one of if not our best perfomer so he it stands to reason he should be one of the top earners. Well deserved!
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:25 am

Manchester United are plotting a £25m January move for Southampton defender Luke Shaw, 18.
Full story: Daily Star
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:36 pm

I am not too sure that I like what I've just read.

Roberto Martinez claims Leighton Baines’ new deal has been “put aside” - but insists the England left-back WILL be rewarded for staying at Everton.
Everton plan to offer Baines a 50 per cent pay hike to £75,000-a-week after he accepted the club’s decision to resist Manchester United’s efforts to buy him in the summer.
Martinez, who will make changes for Tuesday's League Cup trip to with Fulham, insisted the Toffees do not need to agree a new deal before the January transfer window, but assured Evertonians that they would look after Baines.
“At the moment, all it is is the games and any individual contracts or situations are put aside,” said the new Everton manager.
“The only thing that concerns me is just to make sure he’s as fit as he can be and gets in a stronger position and balances the demands of England and club level.
“That’s what I’m focused on, that his day to day is perfect.
“Everything else, behind the scenes we’re happy with the situation and we’re making sure he’s happy as well.”
Baines was brilliant against West Ham on Saturday, scoring two sensational free-kicks in a 3-2 win and Martinez claims he is fully focused because the transfer window is closed.
“In the last two games, once the window was closed, he could concentrate on his football,” said the Spaniard.
“I could be biased and see it from my own eyes, but when we played against Chelsea, it was the best two full-backs in England playing against each other, and then he came up with that sensational role on Saturday.
"He’s in a great moment of his career. In the last two games, Leighton has been sensational, probably because he’s been able to relax and enjoy his football.
“His contribution, to be able to score goals from deadball situations is a massive strength in any team, and he’s in a moment where the next three or four years are the best in his career."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:50 pm

Surely offer him the new contract before the transfer window opens? 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 22 Confused 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:54 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Surely offer him the new contract before the transfer window opens? 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 22 Confused 
why not now?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Tue 24 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

So they can save some money!! Cunts! I bet we lose him in Jan now!!!!!!!!
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:31 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:So they can save some money!! Cunts! I bet we lose him in Jan now!!!!!!!!
So we pay him say £30,000 per week extra for 12 weeks. £360,000. Buttons. Surely we're not that hard up?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 24 Sep 2013, 6:41 pm

I'll be staggered if we don't sell him in January

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Wed 25 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm

Surely better business would have been to not buy Kone but to invest that money in a new contract for Leighton Baines scratch 
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:Surely better business would have been to not buy Kone but to invest that money in a new contract for Leighton Baines scratch   
Can't see Kone ever getting a game now we've got Lukaku who seems to do everything Kone does but better.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 25 Sep 2013, 3:21 pm

Albert wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:Surely better business would have been to not buy Kone but to invest that money in a new contract for Leighton Baines scratch   
Can't see Kone ever getting a game now we've got Lukaku who seems to do everything Kone does but better.
|What are you talking about? No one sits on the bench or gets injured better than Kone.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:12 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
|What are you talking about? No one sits on the bench or gets injured better than Kone.
Alcaraz could be a candidate

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:14 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Alcaraz could be a candidate
It'd be a tight race between the two of them and Gibbo.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:31 pm

Leighton Baines has scored an unsurpassed six direct free-kicks in the Premier League since the start of 2008-09. Baines has scored 21 Premier League goals since his top-flight debut in 2005 - John Terry (22) is the only defender to score more in that time.
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 06 Oct 2013, 10:27 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446175/Leighton-Baines-Manchester-United-David-Moyes-offer-15m-Antonio-Valencia.html
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 07 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

Super wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446175/Leighton-Baines-Manchester-United-David-Moyes-offer-15m-Antonio-Valencia.html
Pretty sure they just make stuff up to fill column inches.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:09 pm

There'll be more of all this stuff, when he gets the nod for the 2 England games.
Expect commentator nuances.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 27 Oct 2013, 7:54 am

Manchester United will sign Leighton Baines from Everton for £15m in January. Former Blues manager David Moyes failed with several bids for the England left-back, 28, in the summer and Everton are looking at Swansea's Ben Davies, 20, and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand, 24, as possible alternatives.
Full story: Sunday Express
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm

The President wrote:Manchester United will sign Leighton Baines from Everton for £15m in January. Former Blues manager David Moyes failed with several bids for the England left-back, 28, in the summer and Everton are looking at Swansea's Ben Davies, 20, and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand, 24, as possible alternatives.
He's had a rather quiet start to the campaign from a left back point of view that we are used to seeing. Two wonderful freekicks, but he's not been going forward and attacking nearly as much.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:29 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
The President wrote:Manchester United will sign Leighton Baines from Everton for £15m in January. Former Blues manager David Moyes failed with several bids for the England left-back, 28, in the summer and Everton are looking at Swansea's Ben Davies, 20, and Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand, 24, as possible alternatives.
He's had a rather quiet start to the campaign from a left back point of view that we are used to seeing. Two wonderful freekicks, but he's not been going forward and attacking nearly as much.
50 Mill,Throw in Rooney & hernandez that should just about cover leightons haircuts-shampoo & gel bill .lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:19 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Avoiding injury? Playing to orders? Peanut will bring the best out of him over the next 2 months, then Bertrand will be banging in the crosses, now that our special relationship has moved from OT to SB
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next