FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET)

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET) Empty FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET)

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 7:19 pm

Roll up, roll up. cheers

As daft as this sounds, this may actually be more winnable than Bolton. Chelsea will go out to win this, without giving a thought about how to actually stop us playing, which this season has been to our benefit, as shown by our above average record against the fellow big boys.

As much as this contradicts what I moaned about after the Bolton game, I'd like to see,

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Arteta Fellaini Neville Osman
Cahill
Beckford

Although I'm a critic of Arteta on the right and Osman on the left, I'd imagine Arteta and Coleman could have the same sort of impact as Baines and Pienaar did on the left. Arteta and Osman will never work as wingers, but ask they to link play up Pienaar style could work. Enables Baines and Coleman to still get to the bye-line to cross for Cahill, rather than hopeless balls into the box from further back. Not a fan of Neville in midfield either, but we just need to do anything to get a bit of 'dog of war' style grit into our midfield play at the moment.

Saying that thought, I expect the team to be,

Howard
Neville Jagielka Distin Baines
Coleman Fellaini Arteta Osman
Cahill
Anichebe.

I'll go for a 1-0 win though. Very Happy
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET) Empty Re: FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET)

Post  Armchair on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 7:50 pm

You're a brave man Tater. I quite like the idea of Arteta and Coleman on the right but can't see Moyes tinkering much.

400-0, Torres with all of them.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET) Empty Re: FA Cup: Chelsea 4 Everton 5 (Baines) (1-1 after ET)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 7:52 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:You're a brave man Tater. I quite like the idea of Arteta and Coleman on the right but can't see Moyes tinkering much.

400-0, Torres with all of them.
0-0 then.. Torres is cup tied
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34703

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:47 pm

More intrested in staying up than this. 1995 mind you?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 6:31 am

5-1 to Chelsea

Drogba (3) with 2 of them from the penalty spot
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 7:51 am

Mr_Ben wrote:5-1 to Chelsea

and what do you think the 2nd half score will be Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7288

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 9:57 am

YAKUBLUE wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:5-1 to Chelsea

and what do you think the 2nd half score will be Very Happy

if we are ever 5-1 down at HT, i would advise they close the MB down for 72 hours.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

Not optimistic about this one, we really missed a chance when we had them on the ropes at GP.

I'm not sure how we'll line up for this one.
the striker issue without Saha is worrying

Vic was shit on sunday, though the service wasn't there for him it was the moaning, tantrums and floor hitting that pissed me off more than anything else. He's got the attributes and ability to be so much more than he's shown.

Beckford's looked better recently but is terrible on his own upfront, his hold up play, passing and decision making when he has the ball outside the penalty area in the oppositions half is awful. get someone alongside him and he is quite effective, his running often gets him in good positions and creates space for his strike partner by taking the defender also doesn't have the responsibility of holding the play up.

Cahill, looked rusty against Bolton and didn't seem to be on the same wave length as the rest of the team, probably didnt help that his main attribute (his aerial abilty) was ineffective against a pretty giant backline. doesn't offer enough movement upfront on his own but would work well if he sticks upfront alongside Beckford with timmy acting as the target man holding the ball with hos back to goal and beckford giving him options.

the defence looks particularly leaky at the moment as well, Heitinga is making too many mistakes.

Distin has generally been pretty good but needs a partner he can trust.

Jags wasn't in the best form before he got injured but I think his style of defending compliments that of Distin's better than Johnny's.

it could also be that they aren't getting sufficient cover from Felli and Areta. Felli wins the ball back and breaks up play but is often further up the pitch during our spells of possession and for corners so we're open for counter attacks as Mikel offers very little defensive cover. It might be worth playing Neville/Heitinga alongside Felli to offer more protection to the back 4.

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

Heitinga Felli

Coleman............... Arteta
Cahill
Beckford

or something similar might be worth ago with Hibbert in at right back and Nev in alongside Felli.

I suspect what we'll actually get is something similar to the team against Bolton with Jags and Beckford in for Heitinga and Anichebe.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:48 am

Valentino Blue wrote:Not optimistic about this one, we really missed a chance when we had them on the ropes at GP.

Vic was shit on sunday, though the service wasn't there for him it was the moaning, tantrums and floor hitting that pissed me off more than anything else. He's got the attributes and ability to be so much more than he's shown.

Beckford's looked better recently but is terrible on his own upfront, his hold up play, passing and decision making when he has the ball outside the penalty area in the oppositions half is awful. get someone alongside him and he is quite effective, his running often gets him in good positions and creates space for his strike partner by taking the defender also doesn't have the responsibility of holding the play up.

Cahill, looked rusty against Bolton and didn't seem to be on the same wave length as the rest of the team, probably didnt help that his main attribute (his aerial abilty) was ineffective against a pretty giant backline. doesn't offer enough movement upfront on his own but would work well if he sticks upfront alongside Beckford with timmy acting as the target man holding the ball with hos back to goal and beckford giving him options.

the defence looks particularly leaky at the moment as well, Heitinga is making too many mistakes.

Jags wasn't in the best form before he got injured but I think his style of defending compliments that of Distin's better than Johnny's.

it could also be that they aren't getting sufficient cover from Felli and Areta. Felli wins the ball back and breaks up play but is often further up the pitch during our spells of possession and for corners so we're open for counter attacks as Mikel offers very little defensive cover. It might be worth playing Neville/Heitinga alongside Felli to offer more protection to the back 4.

Howard

Heitinga Felli

Cahill
Beckford

or something similar might be worth ago with Hibbert in at right back and Nev in alongside Felli.

I suspect what we'll actually get is something similar to the team against Bolton with Jags and Beckford in for Heitinga and Anichebe.

Problem is who to play alongside Beckford. Like you say, he's no good as a lone striker. He's definitely looked best with Saha alongside him, but we don't have a natural repalcement for Saha. The mad, fucked-up thing is that we really need Yak now.

Surely there's no way that Moyes can pick Vic again? Please tell me there is no way? Jags has to come in for Heitinga, who has been spectacularly bad at times. I don't think it's worth sticking Heitinga in midfield, but I'm running out of options here, as Ossie, Arteta, and Bily have all been useless and Rodwell is injured.

Here's my side:

Howard
Coleman Fellaini Kendall JudeLaw HairyCataract
Cahill
Beckford

subs: Mucha, Paul Weller, Hibbo, Jesus Christ, My Nan, Bily, Arteta

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:07 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:Not optimistic about this one, we really missed a chance when we had them on the ropes at GP.

Howard

Heitinga Felli

Cahill
Beckford

Problem is who to play alongside Beckford. Like you say, he's no good as a lone striker. He's definitely looked best with Saha alongside him, but we don't have a natural repalcement for Saha. The mad, fucked-up thing is that we really need Yak now.

Surely there's no way that Moyes can pick Vic again? Please tell me there is no way? Jags has to come in for Heitinga, who has been spectacularly bad at times. I don't think it's worth sticking Heitinga in midfield, but I'm running out of options here, as Ossie, Arteta, and Bily have all been useless and Rodwell is injured.

Here's my side:

Howard
Cahill
Beckford

seen a few rumours on other sites that Hibbert and Jags aren't fully fit and wouldn't be on the bench if there was any other option.

Problem with Anichebe is his attitude, he should make the perfect partner to play alongside Beckford if he played his heart out and cut out all the moaning and falling down like a girl. He's a big strong lad with a bit of pace and he's shown in brief glimpses in the past that he does have the ability to use it.

the other option which I think could happen is Cahill upfront on his own with 3 attacking midfielders playing close behind him then 2 deep midfielders feeding them and breaking up the opposition play. Though this would rely on the above rumour being wrong and us being able to play Jags/Hibbert in the back 4.

Nev/heitinga Felli

Coleman Arteta Bilya
Cahill

It's quite a defensive set up really but I feel Chelsea are going to try and batter us to be honest, and if the three midfielders can push up and support Cahill properly when we have the ball there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to cause them problems when/if we attack. Then we've got the option of Beckford as an impact sub (his best role in my opinion)
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Howard

Heitinga Felli

Cahill
Beckford

Here's my side:

Howard
Cahill
Beckford

seen a few rumours on other sites that Hibbert and Jags aren't fully fit and wouldn't be on the bench if there was any other option.

Problem with Anichebe is his attitude, he should make the perfect partner to play alongside Beckford if he played his heart out and cut out all the moaning and falling down like a girl. He's a big strong lad with a bit of pace and he's shown in brief glimpses in the past that he does have the ability to use it.

the other option which I think could happen is Cahill upfront on his own with 3 attacking midfielders playing close behind him then 2 deep midfielders feeding them and breaking up the opposition play. Though this would rely on the above rumour being wrong and us being able to play Jags/Hibbert in the back 4.

Nev/heitinga Felli

Coleman Arteta Bilya
Cahill

It's quite a defensive set up really but I feel Chelsea are going to try and batter us to be honest, and if the three midfielders can push up and support Cahill properly when we have the ball there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to cause them problems when/if we attack. Then we've got the option of Beckford as an impact sub (his best role in my opinion)

Will my Nan still get a place on the bench though? I've promised her.

Cahill will definitely play, but I'm not sure Moyes will have him up there on his own. How about Cahill and Fellaini up front, Heitinga in midfield? Hoofball a-go-go!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:39 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Howard

Heitinga Felli

Cahill
Beckford

Here's my side:

Howard
Cahill
Beckford

Nev/heitinga Felli

Coleman Arteta Bilya
Cahill

Will my Nan still get a place on the bench though? I've promised her.

Cahill will definitely play, but I'm not sure Moyes will have him up there on his own. How about Cahill and Fellaini up front, Heitinga in midfield? Hoofball a-go-go!

there's always room for your nan hairy, hows her dribbling could use a good dribbler on the wing

Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 1:14 pm

Here's a side worth discussing.
Lescott often played LB and his extra height at set pieces, at either end, was a bonus.
So, why not use the same strategy with Distin?

Back 4 of Nev, Jonny5, Jags & Distin.

Mid 5 of Coleman, Arteta, Big Fella, Cahill and Baines.

Plus a forward who is fit.

Won't happen, but there you go.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 1:23 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Here's a side worth discussing.
Lescott often played LB and his extra height at set pieces, at either end, was a bonus.

Not sure Baines would be as good as it'd be easier to pick him up and mark him out of the game, with him coming from deep he gets more space to run with the ball.

Distin isn't as mobile or as capable on the ball as Lescott was, no reason why we can't get Distin in the box for set pieces as long as someone covers for him. Stubbs and Weir used to come up for free kicks and corners all the time
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 1:58 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:

Not sure Baines would be as good as it'd be easier to pick him up and mark him out of the game, with him coming from deep he gets more space to run with the ball.

Distin isn't as mobile or as capable on the ball as Lescott was, no reason why we can't get Distin in the box for set pieces as long as someone covers for him. Stubbs and Weir used to come up for free kicks and corners all the time

I'm not sure Lescott was ever that mobile. I think Dizzie is every bit as good as him.
I was wondering whether Baines would be another Coleman, being able to switch and still be effective?
I think Coleman has gone off the boil over the last 2-3 games, but as he's still learning the position, I guess we will have to be patient.
Maybe it could work as a 3-5-1-1 ? (Does that add up to 10?)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 8:03 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

I'm not sure Lescott was ever that mobile. I think Dizzie is every bit as good as him.
I was wondering whether Baines would be another Coleman, being able to switch and still be effective?
I think Coleman has gone off the boil over the last 2-3 games, but as he's still learning the position, I guess we will have to be patient.
Maybe it could work as a 3-5-1-1 ? (Does that add up to 10?)
Lescott was physical and taller than a short Baines.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 9:52 pm

Chelsea play so narrow any formation that encourages width is worth considering

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 10:21 pm

Bluejags wrote:Chelsea play so narrow any formation that encourages width is worth considering

Wingers would be nice!... know any?

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 10:31 pm

Bryan wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Chelsea play so narrow any formation that encourages width is worth considering

Hairy. He swings, doesnt he?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 12:11 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Talking of Hairy, anyone know his address? I'm flying over the Chelsea game so I might pop into his for a cup of tea and some scones (his hard partying rock days are over now).

Anyone else going? We can have a party at Hairy's place.

Number of posts : 25878

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 1:03 pm

Saha defo not going to be fit for the game tomorrow.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

18-0 chelsea
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Talking of Hairy, anyone know his address? I'm flying over the Chelsea game so I might pop into his for a cup of tea and some scones (his hard partying rock days are over now).

Anyone else going? We can have a party at Hairy's place.

have you looked in the phone book, can't be many H Cataracts in there
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:29 pm

i wonder if we might revert to our 4-6-0 formation tomorrow

Howard

Nev Jags Dis Bain
JH
Cole Fella Arte Osman
Cahill
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 2:49 pm

tadpole wrote:i wonder if we might revert to our 4-6-0 formation tomorrow

Howard

Nev Jags Dis Bain
JH
Cole Fella Arte Osman
Cahill

I think we discussed this earlier and it could be the best option. I suspect either Beckford or Anichebe will be firmly in the pocket if they're played as loan strikers as neither hold the ball up well enough to give the midfield chance to get involved, but if we play both together our midfield won't be able to pressure the chelsea midfield enough to stop them creating chances.

Cahill upfront will keep the CB's fairly busy as even if he's only getting scraps to feed off he'll fight for them, It does need the midfield to push on and supports him properly so the extra defensive midfielder should free Mikel up to play further forward than he has done this season.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum