606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Liverpool

+8
Armchair
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
callmebubbles
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
12 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Everton v Liverpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Everton v Liverpool

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Apr 2024, 9:59 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Klopp redshite wankfest derailed by rampant Blue toffee machine

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Lumper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm

Fuck me, what a game... we were awesome..... under huge pressure but fucking awesome...

COYB !

Early start for me tomorrow... so I bid you all a goodnight..

SWEET DREAMS BLUES Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:01 pm

Ta’ra Jurgen!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking Ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:08 pm

I didn't see that coming Smile
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm

Really looking forward to the post-match interviews, Klopp’s much-feted good humour and ability to lose with grace will be a delight.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:23 pm

Up the piss boiling blue boys.you lost the league at goodison park should be the headlines for the season.
Get in. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:36 pm

I was gonna give that a miss, but at the last minute a voice inside me kept saying that I should watch it, as if something special was going to happen. I wasn't expecting that though. Thoroughly enjoyable on 5 counts.
1. We win a Goodison derby at last.
2. We are practically safe from relegation.
3. They lost the league at Goodison Park.
4. Jim Beglin was co-commentating.
5. Michael Owen had a fantastic rant at half time and was practically in tears.

A lovely lovey and unexpected afternoon.

You've got to love a Redshite quadruple.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm

Oh my, can't wait to watch the highlights! I might even have access to the game on replay, so might just have to do that!

What a win! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Apr 2024, 11:10 pm

I think this is exactly the kind of boost that the players AND the fans needed. I'm so happy for all the (Everton) fans who went to game and got to experience this in person.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 24 Apr 2024, 11:30 pm

Say what you like about Dyche, but the man can get a team up for a game. We lose 6-0 at Chelsea and look at the response next two games. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he's not always mine, in terms of decisions, but we are fortunate in the circumstances to have him. 41* points? With that squad? With two points deduction kicks in the bollocks? He knows what he's doing.

The thing is, he's all about the team. By way of contrast, Klopp announced his decision to step down via a cheesy video in January. Tonight it struck me, just how much extra pressure he put on his players in doing that. That need to give him the big send-off has ground them down, Salah in particular looks fucked. Ferguson waited until United had the title sewn up before he made his announcement.

Also, his post match interview was fascinating. He clearly wanted to have a rant about us being set-piece one-trick ponies and the ref being bent. He merely hinted at both. The reality is that even Klopp realised it would have sounded absurd, given how poor they were, to be a sore loser or to blame others for their defeat. That's always his instinct though, his go-to position. Knob.

Trent (TM) simply didn't fancy challenging DCL for that second goal, did he? Didn't want to know.

I think Neville said it on commentary, but that felt like a derby from 20 years ago, where we were technically inferior but just outworked and bullied them. It was heart-warming. Whisper it quietly but there's half a chance we'll be able to sit back and enjoy the end of the season, lads.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Apr 2024, 11:41 pm

Did I miss anything?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 24 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Say what you like about Dyche, but the man can get a team up for a game. We lose 6-0 at Chelsea and look at the response next two games. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he's not always mine, in terms of decisions, but we are fortunate in the circumstances to have him. 41* points? With that squad? With two points deduction kicks in the bollocks? He knows what he's doing.

The thing is, he's all about the team. By way of contrast, Klopp announced his decision to step down via a cheesy video in January. Tonight it struck me, just how much extra pressure he put on his players in doing that. That need to give him the big send-off has ground them down, Salah in particular looks fucked. Ferguson waited until United had the title sewn up before he made his announcement.

Also, his post match interview was fascinating. He clearly wanted to have a rant about us being set-piece one-trick ponies and the ref being bent. He merely hinted at both. The reality is that even Klopp realised it would have sounded absurd, given how poor they were, to be a sore loser or to blame others for their defeat. That's always his instinct though, his go-to position. Knob.

Trent (TM) simply didn't fancy challenging DCL for that second goal, did he? Didn't want to know.

I think Neville said it on commentary, but that felt like a derby from 20 years ago, where we were technically inferior but just outworked and bullied them. It was heart-warming. Whisper it quietly but there's half a chance we'll be able to sit back and enjoy the end of the season, lads.

Almost there Rotts, almost there. To be perfectly honest, it feels strange. The anxiety is lifting and I've nothing to be pissed off about. I'm actually at a loss of what to do. I may go and kick a stone around the garden.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 24 Apr 2024, 11:49 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Did I miss anything?

No not really mate, but, keep it to yourself ? Liverpool lost the league at goodison.😂
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Thu 25 Apr 2024, 12:08 am

In short - atmosphere was incredible from the kick off, we outfought them all game, outplayed them for the first 30 mins, had them shitting themselves every set piece and thoroughly deserved the win.
Nunez is shite, Salah looks done and WE FUCKED UP THEIR TITLE CHANCES!!!!
So fucking glad I decided fo go. Been waiting a long time for that!!!!!! Fuck off Klopp!!! Lol
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 25 Apr 2024, 12:15 am

Tonight is why we’re Evertonians. We deserve that result and what it means. 10/10 from everyone tonight. UTFT
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Apr 2024, 12:31 am

Lumper wrote:Tonight is why we’re Evertonians. We deserve that result and what it means. 10/10 from everyone tonight. UTFT

Yeah, me and my lads were talking all night about how we've had the rub of the green with some decisions in the last two games, and about fucking time too.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Apr 2024, 12:42 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Say what you like about Dyche, but the man can get a team up for a game. We lose 6-0 at Chelsea and look at the response next two games. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he's not always mine, in terms of decisions, but we are fortunate in the circumstances to have him. 41* points? With that squad? With two points deduction kicks in the bollocks? He knows what he's doing.

Almost there Rotts, almost there. To be perfectly honest, it feels strange. The anxiety is lifting and I've nothing to be pissed off about. I'm actually at a loss of what to do. I may go and kick a stone around the garden.

Don't know how we've dug these two results out after Chelsea, to be honest. I was prepared for it going to the wire, thinking how the hell we can make ourselves safe before we play Arsenal, even before we play Luton. I even thought we might be gone in the head after that Chelsea performance.

I'm too battle-scarred to assume it's all over, that fatalistic part of me still wants it to be mathematically certain, but we're nearly there, 8 points clear with 4 to go and Sheffield United still to come at home. I can't see us losing three times in the same season to Luton. I mean, we're Everton, so you never know, but we could well go there and give them a good dicking now.

So yeah, it feels odd. I want to say two things about tonight before I hit the sack a happy man - Idrissa was great, OK it was his kind of game, but he does all the dirty work almost unnoticed, I thought it was his best game for months. And DCL is, goalscoring aside, pretty much back to his best, fitness-wise and in the way he runs the channels, protects the ball, etc. Nice to see him get a proper goal tonight, after a pen and a jammy block. Let's hope the goals now start to flow.

The future remains murky off the pitch but it'll be nice to just coast through the rest of this season and look forward to the Euros. I feel very proud of those lads after tonight. Yeah football is fucked and Everton remain basically fucked but this is as good a feeling I've had as an Evertonian for a long time.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 25 Apr 2024, 3:40 am

Just watched the match on replay - such a wonderful team performance. And that atmosphere - love it!!!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 25 Apr 2024, 10:41 am

Got up extra early and watched the whole game. The RS simply couldn't cope with our intensity in the first half hour or so, and it felt like they were broken by that, even if they dominated possession afterwards. Salah never got a chance to run at us, they've got some pretty anonymous players in the side, and they lacked heart. I don't actually think we were any better than usual technically, but we seemed to go up a massive gear in terms of commitment and hard work. And we certainly got some decisions too - I'm surprised Klopp's head didn't explode at the soft free kicks we were winning.

Wish I'd been there, but hey ho. I was at the cinema watching Back to Black (alright, but not great) and forced myself not to look at the score til the film ended. Then, when I saw 2-0, I thought it was some elaborate joke being played on me by my kids. How did they manage to hack into the BBC website and make it look like we'd beaten the RS and with a bit to spare?

Give Dyche his due - as he said in one of the interviews, his philosophy is that you do what it takes to win football matches. He's got this pretty dreadful team 41 points in real life, with four to play. I don't think there's a team in the division that hasn't played better football than us this season, but Dyche can't change the squad, he can only find a way to win the points, and he's done that.

I'm made up for all Evertonians, especially the kids. Imagine what it's like being an Evertonian at school in Liverpool these days? It's like you've been cursed. So last night must have been like Christmas, birthday, and first hand job behind the bike shed all rolled into one for some of those nippers. It wasn't a six pointer, it was a twelve pointer - three won for us, three lost for them, two for fucking up their title hopes, two for boosting our relegation fears, and two for Klopp's face.

UTFT!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Apr 2024, 11:20 am

hairy cataract wrote:Got up extra early and watched the whole game.  The RS simply couldn't cope with our intensity in the first half hour or so, and it felt like they were broken by that, even if they dominated possession afterwards.  Salah never got a chance to run at us, they've got some pretty anonymous players in the side, and they lacked heart.  I don't actually think we were any better than usual technically, but we seemed to go up a massive gear in terms of commitment and hard work.  And we certainly got some decisions too - I'm surprised Klopp's head didn't explode at the soft free kicks we were winning.

Wish I'd been there, but hey ho.  I was at the cinema watching Back to Black (alright, but not great) and forced myself not to look at the score til the film ended.  Then, when I saw 2-0, I thought it was some elaborate joke being played on me by my kids.  How did they manage to hack into the BBC website and make it look like we'd beaten the RS and with a bit to spare?

Give Dyche his due - as he said in one of the interviews, his philosophy is that you do what it takes to win football matches.  He's got this pretty dreadful team 41 points in real life, with four to play.  I don't think there's a team in the division that hasn't played better football than us this season, but Dyche can't change the squad, he can only find a way to win the points, and he's done that.

I'm made up for all Evertonians, especially the kids.  Imagine what it's like being an Evertonian at school in Liverpool these days?  It's like you've been cursed.  So last night must have been like Christmas, birthday, and first hand job behind the bike shed all rolled into one for some of those nippers.  It wasn't a six pointer, it was a twelve pointer - three won for us, three lost for them, two for fucking up their title hopes, two for boosting our relegation fears, and two for Klopp's face.

UTFT!

I didn't have to drop my eldest lad off this morning, he floated to work. He was born in 1999. Our record against the Shite since 2000 is abominable - 54 games, 6 wins. Last night was our second win against them in 14 seasons.

At least us arl arses have memories of Sharp's goal at Anfield, Andy King being shoved off the pitch by the copper, Andy Johnson embarrassing Reina, binning off Dalglish after the 4-4 game etc. And we think we're hard done by. The kids have none of that - one win behind closed doors under Carlo, and vague childhood memories of some bloke called Gosling doing something while ITV went for an ad break too early.

I know last night wasn't quite the same as winning a trophy, but I was nevertheless reminded, while watching the game with my two boys, of my old man repeatedly saying to me and my brothers "aren't you glad I made you support Everton?" after we won the cup in '84. That was him recognising that we'd done fuck all in our lifetimes to that point, while the Shite were ruling Europe. If that was borne out of some weird sense of guilt, then I find myself empathising with it every time I sit with my lads and watch derbies.

So yeah, this one is for the kids.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Thu 25 Apr 2024, 2:01 pm

Bullens was as Loud as I ever remember. That distorted power you get from a 100W Marshall stack. A ringing in the ears even after the game. Bullens chanting. Happens only on rare occasions. We didn't even bring out "We shall not be moved"

DCL wins the Big Dunc, Look-at-me-I'm-a-salmon award.  I hope Dunc messaged him.

Klopp looked broken, and has ruined Sky's documentary about him. I wonder if they'll leave in "You lost the league at DP" edit?

A red friend reconned he announced his retirement as one of the papers was going to out his plans, so he preempted them. Sounds like a Kopite excuse but I left it alone.

OK, what the hell do we do on the last day of the season?  Do you remember the Barkley goal against City a few years ago,  Oh shyt we all thought

Anyway, the pain and suffering of points deductions, 777, and some miserable shooting, was all worthwhile for a game like that..
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Apr 2024, 2:43 pm

Yankthattoffee2 wrote:Bullens was as Loud as I ever remember. That distorted power you get from a 100W Marshall stack. A ringing in the ears even after the game. Bullens chanting. Happens only on rare occasions. We didn't even bring out "We shall not be moved"

DCL wins the Big Dunc, Look-at-me-I'm-a-salmon award.  I hope Dunc messaged him.

Klopp looked broken, and has ruined Sky's documentary about him. I wonder if they'll leave in "You lost the league at DP" edit?

A red friend reconned he announced his retirement as one of the papers was going to out his plans, so he preempted them. Sounds like a Kopite excuse but I left it alone.

OK, what the hell do we do on the last day of the season?  Do you remember the Barkley goal against City a few years ago,  Oh shyt we all thought

Anyway, the pain and suffering of points deductions, 777, and some miserable shooting, was all worthwhile for a game like that..

My lad will be in Upper Bullens on Saturday. He's going to the Brentford game with an RS mate who now lives in the city. He was sort of dreading it earlier in the week but he now thinks it will be one big party.

Yankthattoffee2 wrote:
A red friend reconned he announced his retirement as one of the papers was going to out his plans, so he preempted them.

This isn't a fucking budget, or a defense spending review, which becomes leakable because it involves dozens of people. It's a simple career decision that one individual chose to make and could have kept to himself until the end of the season. And even if it was leaked, just deny it.

Unless it's all linked to Klopp The Movie, of course, in which case, don't be such a narcissistic prick Jurgen. Just fuck off to your next job without fanfare like the rest of us. Maybe a few jars on your last day, go round and shake a few hands, that's all it takes.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 25 Apr 2024, 3:47 pm

Watching the goals again (for the 100th time) it looks like the DCL goal is a training ground move that comes off perfectly.

Tarko sticks with DCL at the back post, and his job appears to be to block big Virgil so that DCL gets a free header. Or a contested header with "Trent" (TM) which is pretty much the same thing.

Just a theory, but Tarko seems to know exactly what he's doing there.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 25 Apr 2024, 3:54 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Watching the goals again (for the 100th time) it looks like the DCL goal is a training ground move that comes off perfectly.

Tarko sticks with DCL at the back post, and his job appears to be to block big Virgil so that DCL gets a free header. Or a contested header with "Trent" (TM) which is pretty much the same thing.

Just a theory, but Tarko seems to know exactly what he's doing there.
yeah I agree... Tarks looked like he was ruthlessly executing a pre-planned set piece....

Dyche is certainly good at set pieces... I think MOTD said we were 2nd or 3rd best in the prem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next