606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Liverpool

+8
Armchair
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
callmebubbles
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Everton v Liverpool Empty Everton v Liverpool

Post  SEFTON Mon 22 Apr 2024, 6:13 pm

Everton v Liverpool on Sky, Wednesday 24th April 24 Kick/Off 20.00pm at Goodison Park. 

As the season nears a close,Evertonians biting their nails to stave off yet another relegation fight, this one is a bit different from the previous two seasons as Profit and sustainability have gotten the club two points deductions. 

Sean Dyche is hanging on to his Job by the skin of a fingernail.

The players were embarrassed by their Manager Sean Dyche who told them straight you ain’t getting me the sack? 
If I was Sean Dyche I would be telling the whole squad you lose too these your all going on transfer list.

Late fitness tests on Branthwaite and Beto who the latter sustained a head injury in the Defeat of Nottingham Forest ,
Beto was released from Hospital having received tests for concussion but, received the all clear.

Going for a Toffees win 1-0 Doucourie UTFTs  cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Everton v Liverpool Empty Re: Everton v Liverpool

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Apr 2024, 2:08 pm

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has avoided serious injury after being substituted against Nottingham Forest on Sunday. The number 9 will continue to be assessed ahead of the Merseyside Derby

Number of posts : 41037
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 23 Apr 2024, 3:31 pm

I'm not feeling too optimistic about this one - surprise surprise.

There is no way that Young should play. If memory serves me right, he was sent off at Anfield, and the Shite will attack down his side with a relentlessness we haven't seen since the second Gulf war if he were to feature.

The big question for me is, can we keep up with the Shite when they attack with pace and in numbers? If so, we just might have a chance to avoid being totally slaughtered.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Apr 2024, 5:23 pm

I agree Thor... Young should not play, not in this one or the next or again.... he is a walking (sometimes a running) penalty award.

Godfrey for all his sins is a better option at right back ... Seamus' time is over when he gets over this latest injury... and Paterson is simply a poor player who should have never been bought; IMO he will never be good enough.

I fear Dyche may go 3 CB's though & that will probably mean Keane ... uhhhhh pale

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 23 Apr 2024, 5:31 pm

I think Dyche should go with five centre backs, two full backs, two DMs, and two goalies for this one. An unusual 2-7-2-0 formation, I admit, but one which could keep the Shite down to single figures. If by some miracle it's nil nil with five minutes to go, bring on Danjuma to hit them on the break.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 23 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm

Oops!

Last edited by callmebubbles on Tue 23 Apr 2024, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5548
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 23 Apr 2024, 10:50 pm

Bearing in mind how shit we are and how the red cunts score fuckloads of goals, it will probably be another horrible night. Not expecting anything bar a sound kicking. But just what if....what if..somehow a miracle happens and we beat the cunts. We will be virtually saving ourselves from relegation AND fucking up their title chances. The best double whammy possible!!
Ive been in two minds whether to put myself through it all again tomorrow, but that tiny 1% chance that the miracle could happen has meant i will brave the cold and probable humiliation. Just in case!! More likely it will be the early trip home when 4-0 down at half time.........
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5548
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 23 Apr 2024, 11:25 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Bearing in mind how shit we are and how the red cunts score fuckloads of goals, it will probably be another horrible night. Not expecting anything bar a sound kicking.  But just what if....what if..somehow a miracle happens and we beat the cunts. We will be virtually saving ourselves from relegation  AND fucking up their title chances. The best double whammy possible!!
Ive been in two minds whether to put myself through it all again tomorrow,  but that tiny 1% chance that the miracle could happen has meant i will brave the cold and probable humiliation. Just in case!! More likely it will be the early trip home when 4-0 down at half time.........

In the spirit of Danny Cadamarteri, I have this weird hunch that Chermiti (who has done bugger all in his limited game time this season) will come off the bench and score the winner to defeat the bothersome Shite and secure our survival! Hurrah!!! Very Happy   cheers

("Thank you nurse. I must admit I'm usually scared of needles but I didn't even feel that one going in.")

I will stick a fiver on that now though, given that the idea is in my head. In the real world, our only real hope is that the Shite's recent tendency to have 37 shots on goal and only score once will continue.

I think our defensive line for this one should be on the halfway line and be dug about seven feet deep and eight feet wide and filled with vipers. It's our ground and we're leaving soon, so we'll do what the fuck we want with it. A couple of machine-gun nests and a few bear traps on the Shite side will complete the job (note to Goodison ground staff - DO NOT FORGET to relocate bear traps to other side of trench at half time.)

Klopp in his post-match presser: "it was incredible, you all saw it - Darwin was running down the line and he was clear, you see he was clear, and then he got his leg caught in one of those, err, forgive my English ("Bärenfalle") bear trap, yes this is it, the bear trap. So he had terrible leg injuries, really terrible, you see this, but he was still quicker than Ashley Young and once he leapt across the trench I was sure he would score but then I've never seen this (pauses to grit teeth) on a football field before when a player would machine gun a fellow professional and now, I think the FA must investigate and tell us who sold Pickford that machine gun because we now have a dead player and it's two points dropped in the title race and Pickford only got a yellow and I don't like this, at all."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14841
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Apr 2024, 3:13 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Bearing in mind how shit we are and how the red cunts score fuckloads of goals, it will probably be another horrible night. Not expecting anything bar a sound kicking.  But just what if....what if..somehow a miracle happens and we beat the cunts. We will be virtually saving ourselves from relegation  AND fucking up their title chances. The best double whammy possible!!
Ive been in two minds whether to put myself through it all again tomorrow,  but that tiny 1% chance that the miracle could happen has meant i will brave the cold and probable humiliation. Just in case!! More likely it will be the early trip home when 4-0 down at half time.........

In the spirit of Danny Cadamarteri, I have this weird hunch that Chermiti (who has done bugger all in his limited game time this season) will come off the bench and score the winner to defeat the bothersome Shite and secure our survival! Hurrah!!! Very Happy   cheers

("Thank you nurse. I must admit I'm usually scared of needles but I didn't even feel that one going in.")

I will stick a fiver on that now though, given that the idea is in my head. In the real world, our only real hope is that the Shite's recent tendency to have 37 shots on goal and only score once will continue.

I think our defensive line for this one should be on the halfway line and be dug about seven feet deep and eight feet wide and filled with vipers. It's our ground and we're leaving soon, so we'll do what the fuck we want with it. A couple of machine-gun nests and a few bear traps on the Shite side will complete the job (note to Goodison ground staff - DO NOT FORGET to relocate bear traps to other side of trench at half time.)

Klopp in his post-match presser: "it was incredible, you all saw it - Darwin was running down the line and he was clear, you see he was clear, and then he got his leg caught in one of those, err, forgive my English ("Bärenfalle") bear trap, yes this is it, the bear trap. So he had terrible leg injuries, really terrible, you see this, but he was still quicker than Ashley Young and once he leapt across the trench I was sure he would score but then I've never seen this (pauses to grit teeth) on a football field before when a player would machine gun a fellow professional and now, I think the FA must investigate and tell us who sold Pickford that machine gun because we now have a dead player and it's two points dropped in the title race and Pickford only got a yellow and I don't like this, at all."
Not a machine gun, but have you seen the movie The Last Boy Scout? The opening scene....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:46 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

You have literally inhabited Klopp for that. Amazing. However, I'd save my fiver if I was you.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Apr 2024, 9:04 am

Everton v Liverpool Captu313

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 24 Apr 2024, 12:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

You have literally inhabited Klopp for that.  Amazing.  However, I'd save my fiver if I was you.

The first goalscorer odds are weird. Chermiti is 14/1 to score the first goal. That's very stingy and I assume it's because he put "Striker" under job description in his LinkedIn profile. Duke is 14/1, and he actually plays and occasionally scores. Virgil is 18/1 and he also plays and scores.

Thing is, I can now set my watch by Dyche's substitutions, which remind me of the Blackadder jailers in their routine and predictability ("BETO FOR DCL, EINS ZWEI...CHERMITI FOR HARRISON, EINS ZWEI"). Young Youssef will come on with 15 minutes left if we're a goal down, and two minutes left if we're still somehow drawing. So I'll whack my fiver on him when he finally gets on the pitch.

The first goalscorer odds are also rather sobering. DCL is the shortest odds to score first goal for us, at 10/1. There is a lad called Kaide Gordon, who I've literally never heard of, listed at 17/2 for first goal. I hate football.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14841
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Apr 2024, 6:08 pm

Nothing against Chirmiti, but when he's stated as a possible goal scorer, I can but question how valid that statement is. As of yet, he has proved very little that he was worth the €12.5 million we splashed on him. Granted, his playing time has been limited, but the fact that Dyche has had to scream at him to chase down the defender with the ball says a lot. Pretty sure that was him when he came on earlier this season, maybe it was even before Xmas, but you shouldn't have to tell a player this.

He's not shown much to warrant his spot on the bench, which really says a lot about our bench.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 24 Apr 2024, 6:56 pm

I’m dreading this, young on the pitch is a recipe for disaster, however… I’m still hoping that young Yussef does something to popularise my “pump up the jam” Chermitti chant.

“I don’t want, to play too safe. Get Chermitti on the pitch tonight, make my day!”
https://youtu.be/9EcjWd-O4jI?feature=shared
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm

Godfrey starting as RB, Young on the bench which begs the question, will Young ever play for us again? Assuming his contract is over at the end of the season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 24 Apr 2024, 7:06 pm

Everton v Liverpool 5fd48910
Ok, Young on the bench so heart less in my mouth.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Apr 2024, 7:48 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Godfrey starting as RB, Young on the bench which begs the question, will Young ever play for us again? Assuming his contract is over at the end of the season.
good... Young was atrocious against Forest... amazing we didn't give them a peno, but that is old news.

COYB ... surprise us all tonight !...

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Apr 2024, 7:49 pm

I don't think we can put out a better starting 11 than that... maybe Onana ??

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:02 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I don't think we can put out a better starting 11 than that... maybe Onana ??
I was thinking the same. Onana doesn't do that much for me.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:07 pm

Peno !!