606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Bournemouth

+6
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Da Judge
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
SEFTON
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Everton v Bournemouth Empty Everton v Bournemouth

Post  SEFTON Mon 2 Oct - 16:24

Everton v Bournemouth at Goodson Park,Saturday 7th Oct 2023 .K/O 15.00pm.

Last weeks diabolical game against Luton Town sent shock waves through the whole of Everton’s fan base, many fans have argued it should have been Sean Dyche last game, then when asked who they want they haven’t got a clue !
Unfortunately Everton can’t afford to pay off Dyche and his entourage we are alleged to believe. me I just want the team to compete,Sean Dyche don’t help himself with his meddling of the team on the back of winning away to Brentford and Aston Villa
Fans crying out to keep Garner in the middle Onana as a number 6 with the attacking line of Harrison and one of McNeil/Danjuma on the wings and/ Deucourie behind DCL would be my choice. Going for the opportunists result of 3-1 Everton.

Line-Up expected?

Pickford-Mykolenko-Branthwaite-Tarkowski-Young.
Onana-Garner-Harrison-McNeil-Doucourie-DCL

Subs

Virginia-Patterson-Keane-Gana-Dobbin-Onyango-Gomes-Danjuma-Beto

3-1 the toffees DCL Brace,Deucourie.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Everton v Bournemouth Empty Re: Everton v Bournemouth

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 2 Oct - 17:04

Hairy unceremoniously SACKED as match thread originator. Brutal.

I've been there mate, it's like a kick in the 'nads. It's part humiliation, partly a sense of burning injustice ("what did I do wrong, how did I cause that loss?"), partly a strange, irrational yet palpable sense of guilt. Eventually that mix of confusion, shame and anger will see you hit the bottle. Before you know it you'll be lying on a bench in a railway station wondering whose dog that is sat beneath you, your comfortable middle class London life of old a warming but fast-fading memory. The tannoy crackles, and a disinterested voice informs you that the 10.32 to Birmingham New Street is delayed by approximately 20 minutes, but you don't care, as you're not going anywhere. You notice that your last third of a bottle of red has leaked all over your trousers while you were dozing, and you let out a practised sigh. You start singing, a mournful sea shanty, but nobody hears...

Anyway, we're at home so we'll lose.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14820
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 3 Oct - 3:47

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Hairy unceremoniously SACKED as match thread originator. Brutal.

I've been there mate, it's like a kick in the 'nads. It's part humiliation, partly a sense of burning injustice ("what did I do wrong, how did I cause that loss?"), partly a strange, irrational yet palpable sense of guilt. Eventually that mix of confusion, shame and anger will see you hit the bottle. Before you know it you'll be lying on a bench in a railway station wondering whose dog that is sat beneath you, your comfortable middle class London life of old a warming but fast-fading memory. The tannoy crackles, and a disinterested voice informs you that the 10.32 to Birmingham New Street is delayed by approximately 20 minutes, but you don't care, as you're not going anywhere. You notice that your last third of a bottle of red has leaked all over your trousers while you were dozing, and you let out a practised sigh. You start singing, a mournful sea shanty, but nobody hears...

Don't you get booted off after a loss? Them's the rules.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 3 Oct - 4:00

Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Hairy unceremoniously SACKED as match thread originator. Brutal.

We were cursed the moment he got the matches in the wrong order. IMHO.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 3 Oct - 4:51

Da Judge wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I have never been entirely clear on what the rules are, I think the rules were set during my long hiatus away from the board. So I may have inadvertently transgressed in this regard once or twice but, happily, some common-sense policing from Judge has allowed me to get away with a slap on the wrists and a warning as to my future conduct. Had this been an American messageboard I think I'd have been raided at 4am and given a good kicking down the station. And a three match ban.

As for Hairy, I'm not sure what the greater crime was - the loss itself, or getting the games in the wrong order. It doesn't take much to upset the football Gods these days as far as Everton are concerned. Either way I think Hairy is more responsible for Saturday's loss than Dyche. We have to own our match threads going wrong. With rights come responsibilities. The buck stops with the man at the top (of the thread).
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 3 Oct - 5:20

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I have never been entirely clear on what the rules are, I think the rules were set during my long hiatus away from the board. So I may have inadvertently transgressed in this regard once or twice but, happily, some common-sense policing from Judge has allowed me to get away with a slap on the wrists and a warning as to my future conduct. Had this been an American messageboard I think I'd have been raided at 4am and given a good kicking down the station. And a three match ban.

As for Hairy, I'm not sure what the greater crime was - the loss itself, or getting the games in the wrong order. It doesn't take much to upset the football Gods these days as far as Everton are concerned. Either way I think Hairy is more responsible for Saturday's loss than Dyche. We have to own our match threads going wrong. With rights come responsibilities. The buck stops with the man at the top (of the thread).
Ahhhh yes... well we used to have rules when I ran the match thread league so superbly... with a bent judge to back me up.. aided by an elusive supersnitcher !

Anyway... the rules were............

Rules, including agreed amendments during last season

1 ... In the event of thread theft the person who the thread was stolen from can re-take it without penalty in the next game only if he gets in fast enough, otherwise the thief may continue without further penalty. Whoever is first gets the honour out of the stolen from or the thief.

2... If the person who has the thread honour does not start the next thread before 48 hours of kick off, anyone may start the next thread without a theft penalty ... anyone starting the thread prior to 48 hours from kick off will be considered to be a thread thief & fined accordingly

3... basic schoolboy errors such as wrong Home/Away order in title will be punishable by a public burning outside Analfield or a fine of choice by our very fair justice system known as Lord UWIE

4... Snitch points will be awarded & deducted as deemed reasonable by the Uwist for ruthless supergrassing (or failing to grass for the reigning snitcher) and pointing out flagrant match thread misdemeanours

5... at any time during the competition season M4G may be awarded (by M4G and at M4G's sole discretion) 25 point for administering the competition. This rule is not negotiable & is not subject to normal Uwie judgements

Number of posts : 41029
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 3 Oct - 6:01

I am proud of my brief but very successful reign as thread-starter. Sure, I fucked up, but anyone can do that. I mean look at VAR at the weekend - I think I heard something about a mistake at Spurs, though I can't be sure because it's hardly been mentioned in the media or by the RS.

Two wins on the bounce - not many threadstarters can boast that record in recent times.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 3 Oct - 8:33

hairy cataract wrote:I am proud of my brief but very successful reign as thread-starter.  Sure, I fucked up, but anyone can do that.  I mean look at VAR at the weekend - I think I heard something about a mistake at Spurs, though I can't be sure because it's hardly been mentioned in the media or by the RS.

Two wins on the bounce - not many threadstarters can boast that record in recent times.

Good point, Hairy. When was the last time we won two competitive games on the spin? League, cup or whatever. Must have been the start of the Benitez (spit) era? Feels like it never happened under lampard and has maybe only just happened under Dyche.

Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 3 Oct - 9:29

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I am proud of my brief but very successful reign as thread-starter.  Sure, I fucked up, but anyone can do that.  I mean look at VAR at the weekend - I think I heard something about a mistake at Spurs, though I can't be sure because it's hardly been mentioned in the media or by the RS.

Good point, Hairy. When was the last time we won two competitive games on the spin? League, cup or whatever. Must have been the start of the Benitez (spit) era? Feels like it never happened under lampard and has maybe only just happened under Dyche.

God, do you remember the start he made? 13 points from the first 6 games, followed by a draw at Old Trafford, Andros Townsend looking like an obvious PL player of the year, Gray looking like the signing of the summer. Then we got rogered at home by Watford. And well before Christmas we were in a relegation battle that has now lasted for nearly two years and counting.

Incredible to think that Josh King - whose only positive contribution in a blue shirt was to be marginally more mobile than Rondon - and his hat-trick at GP kickstarted the slide which led us to where we are now. Josh fucking King! It's like Kevin Brock in reverse.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 3 Oct - 9:31

Have we ever lost 5 home games on the trot? I'm not sure it even happened during the dark days of Mike Walker, or Kendall MkIII when his hands were tied behind his back, or even that Walter Smith season where we scored about 3 home goals all season until Super Kevin Campbell arrived for the run-in.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 3 Oct - 12:52

In my defence the old rules where you lose a game someone else takes over. now I haven’t seen many volunteers to take on the thread so thought? I want to try lift the gloom on here by bringing home our first home win of the season ,specially as many on here have very little hope with the team losing its last four home games of this season.happy to stand down if people feel I’m stepping on toes but, just want the same as every one else which is an Everton win three points at home so we are able to climb away from relegation.👍
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 4 Oct - 2:30

SEFTON wrote:In my defence the old rules where you lose a game someone else takes over. now I haven’t seen many volunteers to take on the thread so thought?  I want to try lift the gloom on here by bringing home our first home win of the season ,specially as many on here have very little hope with the team losing its last four home games of this season.happy to stand down if people feel I’m stepping on toes but, just want the same as every one else which is an Everton win three points at home so we are able to climb away from relegation.👍
This is true Sef... I don't see you have done anything wrong ...

Hairy was a liability.. not as much of a liability as me or Rotts (who is catastrophic).

Hail king Sefton, king of the match thread recovery brigade, I say !!

Judge is probably having a post bottle of port snooze so don't expect any judgments from there

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 4 Oct - 6:09

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:In my defence the old rules where you lose a game someone else takes over. now I haven’t seen many volunteers to take on the thread so thought?  I want to try lift the gloom on here by bringing home our first home win of the season ,specially as many on here have very little hope with the team losing its last four home games of this season.happy to stand down if people feel I’m stepping on toes but, just want the same as every one else which is an Everton win three points at home so we are able to climb away from relegation.👍
This is true Sef... I don't see you have done anything wrong ...

Hairy was a liability.. not as much of a liability as me or Rotts (who is catastrophic).

Hail king Sefton, king of the match thread recovery brigade, I say !!

Judge is probably having a post bottle of port snooze so don't expect any judgments from there

I wish mate, but happy to try anything to get them home points.
now many have been vocal about our last four home game results all being losses, if we beat Bournemouth it reads three wins out of four which sounds much better to me.😂
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 6 Oct - 16:51

I watched the 2nd half of the Villa Euro game yesterday.
Cross after cross. Their only tactic.
250 crosses and then finally a header that counted.
Last week we abandoned our plan A for a plan yet unlettered.
Off went the Duke and Dwight. Dewy is the guile, and Duke our version of Martin Peters. On came Harrison who had the beating of their FB who eventually went off with a hammy, and yet he didn't once try and go down the outside and whip in a cross. Not once. We put Dychball into action with DCL and Beto and then give them shytty deliveries.
If we're going to revert to Dychball, than it has to be relentless and not what we did last week.
The first half should have been a match winning performance, but we blew it second half, by not going for more of the same with Duke arriving late, and strangling them in midfield.
Going 4-2-4 like we did was just daft. We need supply, and it went missing after those substitutions.
Stick with the starting line up again. Garner is fine as he was, and despite my occasional Gana rant, that middle 3 of Onana, Duke and Gana looks like the best we've got.
Just don't get me going on corners and free kicks.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 2:43

surely today our luck will start to change... here are the season stats comparison with Bournemouth

COYB cheers

Everton v Bournemouth Captu254

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 7:01

Onana & Danjuma benched.

Everton v Bournemouth Captu255

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 7:59

so Onana starts & Gana has gone missing (injured in the warm up)

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 8:10

Garner !! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 8:38

2-0 HARRISON !! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 7 Oct - 8:39

Jack!!! Great goal
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 7 Oct - 8:48

DCL off the bar then Onana inches wide
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 8:50

HT 2-0 ... more of the same in the 2nd half please.

...no slacking off this time

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 7 Oct - 9:06

See it out Blues. Nothing fucking stupid now.

Garner is boss. If that was Gueye in that position for the first goal, he's blazing it over the bar or overhitting a pass to DCL.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Oct - 9:08

great chance for the duke