606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumley v Everton

+7
callmebubbles
Rotterdam 1985
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bumley v Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bumley v Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:25 pm

FT 0-2 UTFT bounce bounce

Good solid performance... deserved winners

bring on Fulham

FTPL Bumley v Everton - Page 2 Moon

Number of posts : 41047
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:26 pm

Told you Keane was shit!!! Lol
What a fucking great performance!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:26 pm

Told you Keane was shit!!! Lol
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:27 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Told you Keane was shit!!!    Lol
Bumley v Everton - Page 2 F_laugh

agreed .. even better considering 3 of the back 4 aren't Dyche first choices

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:31 pm

and if it wasn't for those corrupt cunts we'd be in 9th... 1 point off Europe Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:39 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:and if it wasn't for those corrupt cunts we'd be in 9th... 1 point off Europe Mad
They are neither cunts or corrupt as of this moment. The "cunt" test is after the results of the City and Chelsea processes have completed. And let's be honest we are guilty of making more losses than we should.

That said we are now the form team in the Premier league over last 6 matches.,

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 16 Dec 2023, 7:42 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:and if it wasn't for those corrupt cunts we'd be in 9th... 1 point off Europe Mad
They are neither cunts or corrupt as of this moment. The "cunt" test is after the results of the City and Chelsea processes have completed. And let's be honest we are guilty of making more losses than we should.

That said we are now the form team in the Premier league over last 6 matches.,
I like to think ahead though ... I'm a kinda visionary Laughing

I expect Forest too will be in the dock for signing near on 100 players ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 16 Dec 2023, 9:45 pm

Great win! And it was on national TV here in the US, even better.

We pretty much capitalized on our chances, apart from the DCL header, but we scored from the corner so all good.

Great to see Keane score, and the clearance that Godfrey did was magnificent. Not sure how that didn't end up in the back of the net.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 16 Dec 2023, 9:45 pm

Another great performance today. 3 points on the board, another clean sheet and away win. I could get use to this.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 16 Dec 2023, 10:34 pm

It's a pretty astonishing run of results but long may it continue.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 17 Dec 2023, 1:45 am

That was so easy. Burnley are our bunnies. Credit to Mickey Keane, for all of our worries he played well. Godfrey had a few brainfart moments but he too was fine.

I ranted about Kompany after we beat them in the Carabao and I'll do it again here. It's nothing personal, more that he's a fraud and I don't know how he gets away with it (well I do - he's a big name, that's why he gets a free pass). In the Cup game we pressed the fuck out of them, often in their own penalty area, and we bullied them physically. Now, you'd have thought he might have learned something from that, that we're too fit and too savvy for his brand of perfecto football to work against. In fact today we were even bigger and more physical - we had TEN six-footers start the game. So the game plan surely has to be for them to keep the ball away from their penalty area as much as possible, to avoid giving away too many free kicks and corners, an area where we'd obviously dominate them.

Nah. It was more of the same and it's utterly predictable and so easy to plan for. There were two instances in the second half today when their goalie got the ball and could easily have launched fast counter-attacks given that they were 2-0 down and we'd committed players forward. On both occasions their goalie waited with the ball at his feet for his defenders to get back into position so that he could play his usual five yard pass and they could try to build something (whatever the fuck it is) slowly from the back. Kompany is in year 2 of a six-year contract and he's apparently being paid £2.7m a year for this level of genius.

So Kompany might think he's playing some kind of pure football, and lots of observers probably think the same, conditioned as they are by years of Pep fanboy-dom to think that it's the "proper" way to play the game. But it ain't pure football because he actually appears to remove any sense of initiative, spontaneity and invention. It strikes me as an absurdly scientific strategy, spreadsheet football, where everything appears to be prescriptive, and he clearly has Rafa levels of stubbornness in refusing to change a single thing about how they play. Also it's actually quite boring, when it isn't funny in its naivety.

We've got the rush of Christmas fixtures coming up and we've started to pick up some injuries and suspensions. So playing Burnley at this stage of the season really is a blessing. A training ground game, no need to stretch ourselves, keep something in the tank for Tuesday. Can we play you every week indeed.

By the way, it's a week before Christmas and we've already won 11 games in all competitions. Last season we won a grand total of nine. Honestly, I'm mentally detached from the points deduction and the state of our finances and all the other noise. I'm just enjoying watching Everton play football again.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 17 Dec 2023, 10:06 am

I've only seen the highlights, but we have really bought into SD's methods.
Big fears about Godfrey and Keane, unfounded, but Burnley were probably just the team to play when we had such disruption.
Keane's stride and gentle style makes me think he's really a ballet dancer. Not a bone crusher like Tarks or Branthwaite, but horses for courses are SD's way.
Since his first game when he confused Arteta with his line up, he's done it consistently, and Kompany had no idea what to do against such a changed line up and tactics.
So the bubble is intact.....still.
Fulham here we come. SD will be going for this. So close he can smell it.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 17 Dec 2023, 10:31 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:I've only seen the highlights, but we have really bought into SD's methods.
Big fears about Godfrey and Keane, unfounded, but Burnley were probably just the team to play when we had such disruption.
Keane's stride and gentle style makes me think he's really a ballet dancer. Not a bone crusher like Tarks or Branthwaite, but horses for courses are SD's way.
Since his first game when he confused Arteta with his line up, he's done it consistently, and Kompany had no idea what to do against such a changed line up and tactics.

Saw this on YouTube before he was our manager, and must admit I was very impressed. Now given that some of the players he is referring to are now our players it is no too difficult to see how we have transformed as successfully as we have. The match he is referring to is Burnley taking away a significant Klopp performance record at Anfield which makes it all the sweeter.

Given the "late changes and system adjustments" we enlisted yesterday, it's clear the guy has a really decent football brain. In fact it is to English football's cost that we have such blind spots on the quality of coaches (British generally) working in the less fashionable squads.

As a club we are going to be patient (even more than we were with Moyes) because I have a feeling he does deliver silverware and significant stuff at that. I can see a EFL Cup win taking us into the Europa Conference League. A win there alongside a solid upper-mid table final season at the Old Lady's Swanson. Giving way to an improved League performance top 6-8 and a decent Europa League campaign for the first year of the new Stadium.

I would really want us to work hard at keeping him ... just a hunch

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 17 Dec 2023, 11:09 am

Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I've only seen the highlights, but we have really bought into SD's methods.

Saw this on YouTube before he was our manager, and must admit I was very impressed. Now given that some of the players he is referring to are now our players  it is no too difficult to see how we have transformed as successfully as we have. The match he is referring to is Burnley taking away a significant Klopp performance record at Anfield which makes it all the sweeter.

Given the "late changes and system adjustments" we enlisted yesterday, it's clear the guy has a really decent football brain. In fact it is to English football's cost that we have such blind spots on the quality of coaches (British generally) working in the less fashionable squads.

As a club we are going to be patient (even more than we were with Moyes) because I have a feeling he does deliver silverware and significant stuff at that. I can see a EFL Cup win taking us into the Europa Conference League. A win there alongside a solid upper-mid table final season at the Old Lady's Swanson. Giving way to an improved League performance top 6-8 and a decent Europa League campaign for the first year of the new Stadium.

I would really want us to work hard at keeping him ... just a hunch

SD has clearly gained experience himself, as his 442 has morphed into something more pragmatic. His first game against Arsenal he played 451 and had the midfield break quickly as soon as we had the ball. Likewise yesterday, we constantly moved between 541, 352 and 523 and other variations. Hee's clearly not as nailed down to his beloved 442 as he may have been at Burnley. Generally we have a solid 4411 and like Moyes, uses what he has, rather than the Lampard idea that we play his way, whether or not we have the suitable players for it. I've liked SD from day !, just for that reason alone.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Mon 18 Dec 2023, 8:44 am

Tonteau wrote:
fourdoors wrote:We beat Newcastle and Chelsea.
Of course we're going to beat Burnley. 2:0, probably.

It’s really hard not to find myself agreeing with this logic. Hopefully we still get ourselves into good positions but I get the feeling we may be about to see how important Branthwaite is for us.

Never in doubt. cheers Bumley v Everton - Page 2 F_whistl

fourdoors

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 18 Dec 2023, 4:24 pm

this is excellent from Amma ... I've never heard him talk before & I never expected his accent to be like that Smile

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3828123/onanas-message-to-unbelievable-evertonians?fbclid=IwAR1xrleB5yCrlFkZIsUQpWtZBzmMebPcQ2VS5iJ4pZi-FkN1gsSFk1jQYSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2