606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

+9
Rotterdam 1985
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
Da Judge
Super
Yankthattoffee
callmebubbles
Knight of Thorgothshire
Blue gazza
13 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 7 Empty Re: Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

Post  hairy cataract Wed 4 Jan - 9:36

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Do we give Frank the money to spend on attacking recruitments? Bearing in mind he sanctioned the signings of McNeil and Maupay, two useless sacks of shit?? Or do we cut our losses, get rid, and give the new boss whatever pittance we have left to spend? Either way, if we sign no-one or sign shit like the two above, then we are going down. Pace, creativity and a goal-scorer, thats all we need, with bugger all to spend. What a fucking shit-show!!!

Do we have enough money to sack him? Does it make any difference either way?

I anticipate very little January transfer activity. We need to plan and work based on what we have - an extremely limited squad plus a few untried kids who deserve a shot simply because some of their elders are clearly not good enough. I'm convinced that Frank has nothing other than an amiable personality and a gift for media relations. Tactically I don't think he has it in him to turn this around.

Yeah, this.  I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but having stifled Man City with a 5-3-2 in which Gray looked pretty decent more centrally, why did Lampard think we should try a high pressing 4-3-3 against a Brighton side full of nimble, confident, ball-playing, well-drilled footballers?  And having seen them just passing straight through us like a dose of the shits, why didn't he revert to the 5-3-2 and try to salvage a point against a team that was clearly superior to us?  Did he, like the rest of us, not see how isolated DCL was?  What were those tactics all about?

Our players were almost all dreadful last night, but at least they had the excuse of being a bit knackered after a very hard game at City.  Mind you, Brighton played Arsenal, so not much difference.  Anyway, what's Lampard's excuse for being so shit last night?

Meanwhile, as The Times pointed out today, Brighton are everything Everton should be.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 7 Empty Re: Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 4 Jan - 11:55

I think we will probably stick with him for at least a few more games, not because he is the best we could get, but because...

1. the cost may be a constraining factor
2. the upheaval may be even more counter-productive
3. who, that is decent... and in their right mind would take the job
4. we are still amazingly, not in the bottom 3 (likely to change soon)
5. we are only a decent striker away from actually scoring a goal or two... DCL is getting back to fitness (I know, I know)... Cannon & Simms seem to be on the radar at last ...all he needs to do is fucking play them instead of Maupay & McNeil who are fucking shite!

He needs to wake up to what works though... immediately.

1. Play 3 CB's (Tark, Coady +1) Godfrey was brilliant against Haaland, fucking play him now he's fit !
2. use wing backs... fuck off Patterson who's not up to standard... play Iwobi as an attacking WB or Seamus.. play Gray as attacking WB & bin Myko, or play him if we desperately need a defensive WB
3. 3 in midfield ... IGG as a deep DM (yes that makes us defensively set up with 3 CB's) but so what... break us down & expect our WB's to attack on breaks
4. 2 neutral / wide splitting / attacking CM's from Onana, Duke (and Garner when fit)
5. TWO strikers (maybe one as a shadow striker) -- DCL +Simms/Cannon/Gordon

NEVER let these play again unless we are desperate for starters... all are bench players at best.. sell if we can find a mug team out there willing to take them
1. Patterson (shite)
2. Holgate (shite)
3. Keane (shite)
4. Mina (unreliable / injured)
5. Myko (borderline IMO)
6. Vinegar man (who is he anyway?)
7. Tom (sadly)
8. McNeil (worst player to wear the shirt)
9. Maupaydick (useless)

There... sorted... I can be contacted via this board for my formal interview to take over from Fwank

Parting note: if you think we're going to sign anyone decent in January you're fucking mad !

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 5 Jan - 17:23

Frank Lampard should gone after the Bournemouth debacle, but for me it’s just as important to get rid Kenshyte and DBB,
Eventually would like to Farhad Moshiri gone, starting to believe why Arsenal wouldn’t entertain him on the board.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 6 Jan - 9:16

the rumour that Fwank is sacked after the Manure game... regardless of the result is getting more & more visible.

...apparently Dyche or Martinez have been approached / interviewed & it's one of them to take over immediately after the Manure game... both are available to start straight away.

..not 100% sure about this.. but as I say it's really getting airtime & Peter Reid;s grandson has been reliable in the past.... if true I haven't got a clue which option of Dyche or Bobby would work best with this squad

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 6 Jan - 9:20

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:the rumour that Fwank is sacked after the Manure game... regardless of the result is getting more & more visible.

...apparently Dyche or Martinez have been approached / interviewed & it's one of them to take over immediately after the Manure game... both are available to start straight away.

..not 100% sure about this.. but as I say it's really getting airtime & Peter Reid;s grandson has been reliable in the past.... if true I haven't got a clue which option of Dyche or Bobby would work best with this squad

Very Everton that - sack Lampard and bring in either someone who just got his team relegated, or a man who we brought in once before just after he got his team relegated.

We really love managers of relegated teams.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 6 Jan - 9:25

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:the rumour that Fwank is sacked after the Manure game... regardless of the result is getting more & more visible.

Very Everton that - sack Lampard and bring in either someone who just got his team relegated, or a man who we brought in once before just after he got his team relegated.

I cringed too... tbh unless we can bring in a manager with the calibre of Poch (extremely unlikely) I don't see the point in sacking the useless tactical cockney twat

Potter will be available soon !

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 6 Jan - 10:04

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I cringed too... tbh unless we can bring in a manager with the calibre of Poch (extremely unlikely) I don't see the point in sacking the useless tactical cockney twat

That's my thinking. Stick with Lamps regardless of form/league position, and then bring in Potter in the summer, even if we are in the Championship by then.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 6 Jan - 10:20

Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

That's my thinking. Stick with Lamps regardless of form/league position, and then bring in Potter in the summer, even if we are in the Championship by then.

I think the simple fact is that until we have a clear, long term, club-wide strategy, it really doesn't matter who is manager. Brighton and Brentford aren't successful just because of their managers, they both have a brilliant player recruitment plan and a structure that allows them to change managers smoothly. It's no longer enough just to spend loads of money, unless you're a top club. We're a big club but not a top club, so we should be looking at the way clubs like Brighton and Brentford are run, rather than just thinking about pinching their managers. The managers won't bring success unless allied to a strategy that runs from top to bottom at Everton.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 6 Jan - 11:33

hairy cataract wrote:

Not only that, but (assuming there is some truth to this) the shortlist consists of the two available managers who are as different in playing styles and philosophies as it's possible to be. Only a choice of Allardyce or Pep could beat this. Like trying to decide between the Greens and the BNP at election time.

On Boxing Day, when I invited my family around to share the misery of the Wolves loss, the word "identity" was used a lot in the post-mortem discussion. What is our identity, what are we trying to do, what are we trying to be? The choice of Dyche or Martinez would be as stark a reminder as is possible that this isn't even a discussion point for the board.

We have talked a lot here int he past about just trying to somehow survive until we're in the new stadium. Here, we would have confirmation that this is essentially boardroom policy (again, if true.)
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14823
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 6 Jan - 11:35

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Not only that, but (assuming there is some truth to this) the shortlist consists of the two available managers who are as different in playing styles and philosophies as it's possible to be. Only a choice of Allardyce or Pep could beat this. Like trying to decide between the Greens and the BNP at election time.

On Boxing Day, when I invited my family around to share the misery of the Wolves loss, the word "identity" was used a lot in the post-mortem discussion. What is our identity, what are we trying to do, what are we trying to be? The choice of Dyche or Martinez would be as stark a reminder as is possible that this isn't even a discussion point for the board.

We have talked a lot here int he past about just trying to somehow survive until we're in the new stadium. Here, we would have confirmation that this is essentially boardroom policy (again, if true.)

Sorry Hairy, hadn't noticed your last post before I went on this rant, which pretty much says the same thing.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 6 Jan - 11:42

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I think the simple fact is that until we have a clear, long term, club-wide strategy, it really doesn't matter who is manager.  Brighton and Brentford aren't successful just because of their managers, they both have a brilliant player recruitment plan and a structure that allows them to change managers smoothly.  It's no longer enough just to spend loads of money, unless you're a top club.  We're a big club but not a top club, so we should be looking at the way clubs like Brighton and Brentford are run, rather than just thinking about pinching their managers.  The managers won't bring success unless allied to a strategy that runs from top to bottom at Everton.

Absolutely. We should be pinching their board of directors! Also interesting to note that Brighton, Brentford (perhaps Fulham as well), built their stable foundations in the lower leagues rather than whilst in the PL. I'm sure it's possible to do while in the top flight if you have the right people in charge...
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 6 Jan - 11:43

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I think the simple fact is that until we have a clear, long term, club-wide strategy, it really doesn't matter who is manager.  Brighton and Brentford aren't successful just because of their managers, they both have a brilliant player recruitment plan and a structure that allows them to change managers smoothly.  It's no longer enough just to spend loads of money, unless you're a top club.  We're a big club but not a top club, so we should be looking at the way clubs like Brighton and Brentford are run, rather than just thinking about pinching their managers.  The managers won't bring success unless allied to a strategy that runs from top to bottom at Everton.

Absolutely. We should be pinching their board of directors! Also interesting to note that Brighton, Brentford (perhaps Fulham as well), built their stable foundations in the lower leagues rather than whilst in the PL. I'm sure it's possible to do while in the top flight if you have the right people in charge...

Leicester.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 6 Jan - 13:49

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

That's probably the one positive to take if we do go down. We have the fan base and the Big Club name to attract the right players and managers as long as we have smart people in charge. We need to build back as a different kind of a club in a way - forward rather than backward looking, with a touch of humility about our place in the food chain. If we can combine the smarts of Brentford, Brighton, Fulham and - as Rotts mentions - Leicester, with the history and size of Everton, we can build something great at our fantastic new ground.

Make Everton Great Again! should be the slogan. MEGA! (Thanks Mr Trump)
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 7 Jan - 10:39

Interesting media reaction to the Man U, with plenty of outlets saying that the defeat means Lampard is closer to the sack. Obviously a loss is a loss, but playing well against an in-form United team and scoring twice (albeit one goal was an inch offside) suggests that he hasn't lost the players and isn't on the brink. But I guess the media have already written their obituaries of Lampard's managerial career so are desperately waiting for the opportunity to publish them.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Jan - 11:02

I think you're right Armchair... the media want him gone as it sells their papers & rubbish stories.

Realistically after last night I expect the Saints game to be the crunch for him... a good win will change things dramatically but it will need to be followed with a win against WHU, before we get turned over by Le Arse & the shite ...

a loss v Saints will be the end for him.

6 points from Saints & WHU will save him for a long time IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 7 Jan - 11:28

I think we all know there is very little chance we will win both. Soton is the must win. Even a draw is a shit result. A win, then a scrappy draw at Wet Spam should be enough for him to hang on but any less makes his position untenable. No idea whether we should stick or twist, doubt we would get anyone decent, but his disastrous signings of Maupay and McNeil make me think we shouldnt trust him with whatever pittance we have to sign the attacking threats we need. I dont really see him as the man to take us forward, so if we do fuck up against Soton, maybe get rid and get a younger, up and coming manager with ideas (no idea who), accept relegation is going to happen, and build a team around our decent youngsters??.... or just get Big Sam in again for 4 months!! 😩😩
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 7 Jan - 11:45

callmebubbles wrote:I think we all know there is very little chance we will win both. Soton is the must win. Even a draw is a shit result. A win, then a scrappy draw at Wet Spam should be enough for him to hang on but any less makes his position untenable. No idea whether we should stick or twist, doubt we would get anyone decent, but his disastrous signings of Maupay and McNeil make me think we shouldnt trust him with whatever pittance we have to sign the attacking threats we need. I dont really see him as the man to take us forward, so if we do fuck up against Soton, maybe get rid and get a younger, up and coming manager with ideas (no idea who), accept relegation is going to happen, and build a team around our decent youngsters??.... or just get Big Sam in again for 4 months!! 😩😩

What decent youngsters? If we had any, they'd be in the team or at least on the bench. Brighton started an 18 year old against us who scored one and hit the post with another. Where are our players like that?

We've bought incredibly badly since Moshiri took over, and we're left with a very poor senior squad. At the same time we've failed to develop or bring in enough top quality youngsters. Some teams spend a few quid on a kid and then turn him into a £30m player, we do it the other way round - buy a kid for £30m and then turn him into a player worth fuck all. It's the perfect storm and we're miles off having a competitive first team squad in the current best-in-the-world Premier League. Of course signing McNeil and Maupay sums up everything we've done wrong - one of them had a good start to his career, but had failed to score or create a chance all season for a team that ended up getting relegated, and the other couldn't even get a game at a rival club who had far less resources than us yet could afford to let him go without a murmur.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 7 Jan - 11:46

callmebubbles wrote:I think we all know there is very little chance we will win both. Soton is the must win. Even a draw is a shit result. A win, then a scrappy draw at Wet Spam should be enough for him to hang on but any less makes his position untenable. No idea whether we should stick or twist, doubt we would get anyone decent, but his disastrous signings of Maupay and McNeil make me think we shouldnt trust him with whatever pittance we have to sign the attacking threats we need. I dont really see him as the man to take us forward, so if we do fuck up against Soton, maybe get rid and get a younger, up and coming manager with ideas (no idea who), accept relegation is going to happen, and build a team around our decent youngsters??.... or just get Big Sam in again for 4 months!! 😩😩
Duncan ? .. btw I still think there are 3 teams worse than us & we have a decent chance of survival

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 7 Jan - 13:03

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I think you're right Armchair... the media want him gone as it sells their papers & rubbish stories.

Realistically after last night I expect the Saints game to be the crunch for him... a good win will change things dramatically but it will need to be followed with a win against WHU, before we get turned over by Le Arse & the shite ...

a loss v Saints will be the end for him.

6 points from Saints & WHU will save him for a long time IMO

Not sure we're certain to lose to both Arsenal and the Shite.

Hear me out.... Very Happy

We've just drawn at City and put up a good showing at United. We drew with the Shite earlier in the season. Now the United game was a bit fractured throughout, a bit mad, lots of open space in midfield. Nevertheless we were half an inch away from making it 2-2 late on. And the City game showed that when we set up to limit the opposition with plenty behind the ball, and then maintain our discipline and benefit from a little bit of luck or a bit of Demarai magic, we can nick results in those games. Unlikely of course, but those games are not total write-offs.

The games that worry me are the games against the likes of Brighton, Brentford, Leicester and Fulham. We got a decent draw at Fulham but we were lucky, Fulham had loads of chances. Brentford was sort of similar if I remember correctly. Brighton and Leicester beat us easily (I know Leicester are down there with us but they'll start climbing soon.) These are the games where Frank sometimes seems to think we need to get at them, press them and try to dominate them. But they're all way better than us on the ball and with their movement. I think we should treat those teams with a bit more respect, set up not to lose, and hope we nick a win. Even at home.

Be pragmatic, recognise what we have to work with, and try to pinch the odd point from some of these games. Those points will add up. And draws at least protect our fragile confidence, as opposed to getting fucked at home by Brighton because we try to go toe-to-toe with them.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 8 Jan - 2:22

Former Everton boss Roberto Martinez, who was head coach of Belgium for six years before leaving after the 2022 World Cup, has reached a verbal agreement to take charge of Portugal.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74423

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 8 Jan - 18:24

Is potter ready for the sack ?

Another defeat today
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 8 Jan - 18:37

Blue gazza wrote:Is potter ready for the sack ?

Another defeat today
I asked the same question in the other games thread.... would you take him & bin Frank if Chavski fire him?

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 8 Jan - 18:53

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Another defeat today
I asked the same question in the other games thread.... would you take him & bin Frank if Chavski fire him?
YES ( but if he does shit, i reserve the right to edit this post ) lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 8 Jan - 20:57

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Former Everton boss Roberto Martinez, who was head coach of Belgium for six years before leaving after the 2022 World Cup, has reached a verbal agreement to take charge of Portugal.

Failing upwards
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 8 Jan - 22:12

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Another defeat today

Not sure. A few months ago I was a big fan of Potter. What's making me think again is not so much his record at Chelsea (who are close to taking over from United as the most dysfunctional club in England not called Everton) but more that Brighton brought in their new fella to replace him and have just carried on regardless. Which tells me that Brighton's success may be more down to their recruitment policy than whoever the manager is.

So in summary, whatever we do, we'll just be shutting our eyes and hoping for the best.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next