606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

+9
Rotterdam 1985
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
Da Judge
Super
Yankthattoffee
callmebubbles
Knight of Thorgothshire
Blue gazza
13 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

Post  Armchair Mon 23 Jan 2023, 4:07 pm

I feel sorry for Frank but don't think we had a choice.

Can't see Tuchel coming to this basket case of a club. Dyche maybe, but he'd be better off waiting for the West Ham job. Rooney... another inexperienced manager like Frank, so a bit of gamble. Bielsa is a nutter - not sure he'd help our leaky defence, just like Nuno wouldn't help our impotent attack.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

Post  hairy cataract Mon 23 Jan 2023, 4:13 pm

Right, I'm going Duncan Ferguson til the end of the season, whip em into shape, keep em up. Then we bring in Nuno and loads of Portuguese talent. Top Four within three seasons.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 23 Jan 2023, 4:28 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Right,  I'm going Duncan Ferguson til the end of the season, whip em into shape, keep em up.  Then we bring in Nuno and loads of Portuguese talent.  Top Four within three seasons.
with Arse & shite in the next 2 whoever comes in will be fighting from the bottom spot... because we ain't getting a result at either of those games

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 23 Jan 2023, 4:31 pm

Franks for the memories! Well, memory. We'll always have crystal palace (H), and no one can take that away from you, Francis. Maybe not up there with winning the league or the champions league but certainly the barmiest night you'll experience.

I kind of thought he'd turned it round at the start of the season, we were heard to break down and decent on the break but it all rather fell apart. Whoever comes in has a job on their hands but if there is hope, it's that there are a bunch or clubs around us which are really not that great either.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 23 Jan 2023, 5:28 pm

Tonteau wrote:Franks for the memories! Well, memory. We'll always have crystal palace (H), and no one can take that away from you, Francis. Maybe not up there with winning the league or the champions league but certainly the barmiest night you'll experience.

I kind of thought he'd turned it round at the start of the season, we were heard to break down and decent on the break but it all rather fell apart. Whoever comes in has a job on their hands but if there is hope, it's that there are a bunch or clubs around us which are really not that great either.

It's a timing thing, isn't it? This new manager bounce malarkey. Maybe Burnley did it too late last season. Bournemouth too early this time around, perhaps.

Maybe we've timed it just right. Who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

Genuinely my gut feeling at this moment in time is that we've gone from 99% certain to go down, to about 90%. I still think we're doomed but this was the only plausible option, given that I don't think we've sacked someone who would have come good with time. I think we've sacked a nice fella who was out of his depth tactically.

It feels like we're twisting on 18 but you never know, we might get dealt a 3.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14755
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 23 Jan 2023, 5:42 pm

I'm pretty ambivalent on this. I liked him, but he was clearly out of his depth, despite being completely hamstrung by our board.

What happens now though? I'm often wrong, but I would imagine we have nobody lined up because, well because we're Everton. Expect to be linked with the same made-up foreign names and failed British names for the next couple of weeks, before Steve Bruce or Slaven Bilic come in once the transfer window has closed.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 23 Jan 2023, 5:53 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I'm pretty ambivalent on this. I liked him, but he was clearly out of his depth, despite being completely hamstrung by our board.

What happens now though? I'm often wrong, but I would imagine we have nobody lined up because, well because we're Everton. Expect to be linked with the same made-up foreign names and failed British names for the next couple of weeks, before Steve Bruce or Slaven Bilic come in once the transfer window has closed.

I think we should think outside the box - we've tried football people, and that hasn't worked. So let's look for the best managers out there who have no football experience whatsoever.

If that sounds outlandish, it's worth remembering that this is exactly how it works with new owners.

So for example, who's the manager of Coldplay? They're fucking terrible but have somehow become the biggest band in the world. Get their manager in for an interview, he's a genius, we need to talk to him. It might also have the added bonus of Coldplay falling apart without his guiding hand, meaning that we don't have to endure any more of their "made for commercials" cock piss shite noises.

"Yeah we've come to the end of the line, musical differences" parped irritating front man Chris Martin. "I wanted to stick with the tried and trusted model of writing songs that suit car commercials, we've made a fucking bucketload from that. But the guitarist wanted something a bit more heroic to target the banking commercials sector. That's a crowded market, too risky. So we're going our separate ways. Incidentally my new solo album "Vorsprung Durch Technik" is in the shops next week."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14755
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 23 Jan 2023, 8:22 pm

Everton Football Club can confirm that Frank Lampard has left his post as Senior Men’s First Team Manager today.

Joe Edwards, Paul Clement, Ashley Cole and Chris Jones have also left the Club.

Alan Kelly will remain as goalkeeping coach.

Everyone at Everton would like to thank Frank and his coaching staff for their service during what has been a challenging 12 months.

Frank and his team’s commitment and dedication have been exemplary throughout their time at the Club, but recent results and the current league position meant this difficult decision had to be taken. We wish Frank and all his backroom team well for their future in the game.

The Club has started the process to secure a new manager and will provide updates on the appointment in due course.

Paul Tait and Leighton Baines will take training until a new manager is appointed.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3035655?fbclid=IwAR3Bi7xKKaMVZYO9Vjr_cgiZzOOfJ5XMI3Y6AF3xs1CpteHoHZOrS5vcKt8

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 23 Jan 2023, 10:02 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:I'm pretty ambivalent on this. I liked him, but he was clearly out of his depth, despite being completely hamstrung by our board.

I think we should think outside the box - we've tried football people, and that hasn't worked. So let's look for the best managers out there who have no football experience whatsoever.

If that sounds outlandish, it's worth remembering that this is exactly how it works with new owners.

So for example, who's the manager of Coldplay? They're fucking terrible but have somehow become the biggest band in the world. Get their manager in for an interview, he's a genius, we need to talk to him. It might also have the added bonus of Coldplay falling apart without his guiding hand, meaning that we don't have to endure any more of their "made for commercials" cock piss shite noises.

"Yeah we've come to the end of the line, musical differences" parped irritating front man Chris Martin. "I wanted to stick with the tried and trusted model of writing songs that suit car commercials, we've made a fucking bucketload from that. But the guitarist wanted something a bit more heroic to target the banking commercials sector. That's a crowded market, too risky. So we're going our separate ways. Incidentally my new solo album "Vorsprung Durch Technik" is in the shops next week."
Ahh, the good ol' Audi slogan. Not sure that was ever really accurate even though I loved my parents 1987 Audi 100.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 27 Apr 2023, 6:16 pm

"Lucky for me everyone was watching City-Arsenal so no-one saw us getting pumped at home by Brentford hahaha...
But yeah, no, seriously, that was incredibly humiliating."
Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 9 343744177_214742967929508_6258383259398520222_n.png?stp=dst-png_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fTUogGvLsdsAX_5BwDX&_nc_ht=scontent.fbrs4-2
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 13 May 2023, 3:50 pm

Chelsea down 1-0 at home against Forest after 45 minutes. If Chelsea keep on being this bad under Frank, I believe it might be the end of the manager career for him. I mean, after what he was "accomplished" so far as a manager, who in their right mind would hire him for another manager job?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9