606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

+9
Rotterdam 1985
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
Da Judge
Super
Yankthattoffee
callmebubbles
Knight of Thorgothshire
Blue gazza
13 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 6 Empty Re: Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

Post  Tonteau Wed 16 Nov 2022, 10:05 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not quite sure what happened after the 3-0 win against Palace.
It has happened a few times before under numerous gaffers.
Something happens to both players and fans, like there is an instant lack of belief. It happens quickly and normally hard core players faulter.
What happens to the team when as a group, they show so little drive and technique? After the initial enthusiasm of say Onana, did they all suddenly realize that we're not that good after all.
Gordon has the inevitable second season syndrome, but the rest? Gana making fundamental errors which we're all too quick to ignore. Across the board there's constant errors that result in goals. Whoever is in the holding spot ay any one time, cannot lose the ball. Yet it happens.
What happens on the training field.
Has FL lost them already?

I do wonder how much of this is down to coaching. We'll never know, as we're not at Finch Farm daily.

Sometimes my thoughts are along "lipstick on a pig" lines. I've coached kids at football and everyone has their own talent ceiling.

But I also think back to Swansea under Martinez, knocking the ball around for 30 or 40 passes at a time. Swansea!

As Gary Player famously said, "the more I practice, the luckier I get." Ronaldo is demonstrating once again what a cock he is right now, but at the same time he is legendary for the amount of work he puts in on the training field, in the gym etc. One of the best to ever play the game, constantly striving to improve. Beckham was the same.

This is, perhaps, my biggest concern about Lampard as a coach. It should be possible to take any group of highly-paid PL footballers and get them working space to be able to keep possession a lot easier than we seem to find it. Even if the end product is absent (as it so frequently was, funnily enough, when Bobby was our manager) this should really be a given, that a PL team should be able to retain possession reasonably comfortably.

Is it because he is so fixated on keeping it tight at the back, so obsessed with structure, that certain players don't feel able to move forward into a position to help us keep the ball? We do seem to run out of options very quickly when in possession (those going to watch the games at GP would have a better feel for this than those of us watching on telly.) Similar to when Southgate appeared to order his full backs to not cross the halfway line in the Euros game against Scotland so that he could 0-0 his way into the next round. The result was the same, we could barely keep hold of the ball for more than 4 or 5 passes and made the Jocks look like Holland 1974.

Of course, Gueye passing it directly to the oppo 15 times a game doesn't help. He is the fella who is supposed to be knitting it all together in that position he occupies.

I would suggest we go 4-4-2, be a bit more direct, and try to retain possession in the opposition third, rather than our third. Play the percentages a bit more, while we're in trouble. Then I remembered that we don't have two strikers worthy of the name. Tant pis.

I was a big fan of us resigning Gueye, and he did look the business for at least 3 games. However I'm wondering if dawdling about at comfortably the best team in the french league for the past 5 years has left him less than sharp. You don't get 19 other teams full of caffeine and inhalers in your face for 90 minutes in france.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 6 Empty Re: Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter !

Post  Tonteau Wed 16 Nov 2022, 10:10 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Richarlison back on loan in January, anyone?

I can't really see that happening though, can you?  He could either stay at Spurs, compete in the knockout stages of the Champions League, fight for a top four position, maybe reach a domestic cup final, and hang out with the other 60,000 Brazilians who live in London, or come back to Everton, take part in a stressful and miserable relegation battle, get knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round to Marine, and hang out with Tom Davies in Bootle.

I really don't think there are enough pies in the world to tempt Richie back here after he gets his World Cup winners medal in Qatar.

You make excellent points, Hairold. None of which I can counter. However, what about playing 90 minutes every week? Having the crowd sing your name? Seeing the blue smoke bombs and a dog hoist high through the crowds? Actually scoring a goal? Singing spirit of the blues on the pitch with 30,000 evertonians when we narrowly avoid relegation again? finding a half-decent pie...
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 16 Nov 2022, 10:54 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I'm not quite sure what happened after the 3-0 win against Palace.
It has happened a few times before under numerous gaffers.
Something happens to both players and fans, like there is an instant lack of belief. It happens quickly and normally hard core players faulter.
What happens to the team when as a group, they show so little drive and technique? After the initial enthusiasm of say Onana, did they all suddenly realize that we're not that good after all.
Gordon has the inevitable second season syndrome, but the rest? Gana making fundamental errors which we're all too quick to ignore. Across the board there's constant errors that result in goals. Whoever is in the holding spot ay any one time, cannot lose the ball. Yet it happens.
What happens on the training field.
Has FL lost them already?

Sometimes my thoughts are along "lipstick on a pig" lines. I've coached kids at football and everyone has their own talent ceiling.

I would suggest we go 4-4-2, be a bit more direct, and try to retain possession in the opposition third, rather than our third. Play the percentages a bit more, while we're in trouble. Then I remembered that we don't have two strikers worthy of the name. Tant pis.

The old line "promoted to their highest level of incompetence" springs to mind. With their Chelsea connection I thought we were getting quality.
Then again, FL is following the recent trend. At the start, play with energy and enthusiasm, then the manager realizes he has weaknesses here and there, tries to fix it, and wrecks what he started with.
It was only the blue flare games when we looked decent. Other than those handful, we've looked fragile. We thought we had a group of leaders, but maybe there are some training ground challenges?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 16 Nov 2022, 12:14 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Richarlison back on loan in January, anyone?

I can't really see that happening though, can you?  He could either stay at Spurs, compete in the knockout stages of the Champions League, fight for a top four position, maybe reach a domestic cup final, and hang out with the other 60,000 Brazilians who live in London, or come back to Everton, take part in a stressful and miserable relegation battle, get knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round to Marine, and hang out with Tom Davies in Bootle.

I really don't think there are enough pies in the world to tempt Richie back here after he gets his World Cup winners medal in Qatar.

You make excellent points, Hairold. None of which I can counter. However, what about playing 90 minutes every week? Having the crowd sing your name? Seeing the blue smoke bombs and a dog hoist high through the crowds? Actually scoring a goal? Singing spirit of the blues on the pitch with 30,000 evertonians when we narrowly avoid relegation again? finding a half-decent pie...

I doubt he will ever again experience a night like Crystal Palace. But perhaps once in a lifetime is enough of that kind of thing?

It's highly likely that Richie won't win a club trophy throughout his entire career, unless he goes to a different league. But the Premier League money and the Champions League nights are probably enough for him (and his agent). I do wonder though, when he tells his grandchildren about his footballing days, after he's mentioned the Olympic title and World Cup, will they be more enthralled by stories about his goals against Marseilles in the Champions League group stages, or the Days of the Dog, the blue flares, the mass pitch invasion, and his very own song during his days at Goodison?

Nice to have a bit of everything I suppose.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 17 Dec 2022, 10:38 am

Everton are braced for interest for Frank Lampard from The FA if the England Manager’s job is to become available should Gareth Southgate leave his position. Lampard will be a contender for the role

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 6 Empty Lampards sacking

Post  callmebubbles Thu 22 Dec 2022, 10:06 pm

Do we think he will sacked after the home defeat to Wolves, a spanking by Man Citteh or the home defeat to Brighton?? Is there any chance of him surviving until the January window opens??
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5532
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 22 Dec 2022, 10:17 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Do we think he will sacked after the home defeat to Wolves, a spanking by Man Citteh or the home defeat to Brighton?? Is there any chance of him surviving until the January window opens??

No, no, no and yes, Given that the way you've asked the question treats each game individually. But if we lose all three then yes, he'll be on the hotseat.

But if we beat Wolves then I don't think he'd be in trouble if we lost the next two. The City game is utterly irrelevant to this discussion. Brighton deserve some respect, they've won at West Ham and Man U this season, drew at Analfield, twatted Leicester and Chelsea at home.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14697
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 23 Dec 2022, 1:49 am

callmebubbles wrote:Do we think he will sacked after the home defeat to Wolves, a spanking by Man Citteh or the home defeat to Brighton?? Is there any chance of him surviving until the January window opens??

FFS - Happy Christmas ya miserable fart! cheers

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 23 Dec 2022, 4:26 pm

I'd be surprised if Lampard goes this season, unless we are in very deep doo doo in February and the fans turn on him. Which is possible of course.

I do think this is a truly appalling squad of players, and I'm not convinced that Lampard has what it takes to turn them into anything other than a truly appalling squad of players. Looking at the OS, all they seem to do is have a bit of a laugh with each other and do basic drills while Frank takes them through some of his goals for England, which are totally irrelevant to our lot because they're so fucking shit.

I watched about 20 minutes of the City v Shite game last night and, hats off to the RS, they really did try their best and gave Citteh a hard time. But Man City are playing a game that has probably only been seen once before - in the peak Barca side - and so we will get utterly spanked by them unless they get cocky and we do a giant killing equivalent to Hereford beating Newcastle back in the days of muddy pitches and black and white telly. Brighton are much better than us, so I think a draw would be a great result. Wolves is indeed the big one, but even then I think a point wouldn;'t be the end of the world.

So, two points from the next six would be ok. Probably get beaten in the Cup by Man U, then we have to beat Soton at home, and maybe take a point at West Ham. That would make 6 to 8 points from five league games - a decent return. Next two games (arse and the RS) is nil points, then its the key section of the season in my opinions - Leeds at home, Villa at home, Forest away, Brentford at home. Should be looking for at least three wins out of those four. If not, then that's when I see Lampard getting his cards.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Fri 23 Dec 2022, 10:04 pm

Lose.to Wolves and thats probably the end of.him. wolves are absolute shit and we are at home. Lose that and relegation looks more certain than ever. Cannot see any points from Citteh and Brighton so its bottom 3, possibly.bottom. Wolves the catalyst and Brighton the clincher. We just HAVE to beat Wolves or Lampard is history imho.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Dec 2022, 1:14 pm

The Times today has yet another piece about what a lovely club we are. This time it's Dwight McNeil being rolled out to give toys to kiddies and talk about the nurses and poverty in Kirkdale and how great the fans are. I'm bored with this now. Yes, we're all fucking ace, but that cunt is paid a billion pounds a year to play football and he's, in all honesty, a bit shit. The guy is stealing a living, so I don't want to hear him banging on about living in a bubble and knowing what it's like to be poor etc. Mate, give 90 per cent of your wages to the kids in Kirkdale and you'll still be earning ten times as much as their families do. So shut up and do your job, and keep your charity work quiet like normal people do instead of bragging about it.

Then I go on the OS and it's DCL visiting some kid and giving him presents. Lovely. I love DCL, but the kid had a massive aneurysm last year and it sounds like he's scored more goals this season than our Dominic has. Priorities please.

I know, we're a charity first and a football club second these days, but that probably means we're going down this year or next year. I already give to charity, I'd quite like Everton to be a football club first and foremost.

Yes, I am pissed off with our club. It's all talk, talk talk. Fuck them.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 24 Dec 2022, 1:43 pm

The money wasted on McNeil and Maupay is criminal. Both were obviously shit and not prem quality. Surely there were better options? Brereton Diaz was worth a try surely? Coady and Tark have given us a chance but going forward we are inept. Need minimum of 2 massive forward signings to have any chance but may be too late for Lamps. I can see us losing to Wolves, then its curtains for him
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 24 Dec 2022, 3:09 pm

Watching the game on Boxing Day has now turned into a family event, all the kids are back home for Christmas and my brothers and their families are coming round to share the pain, so there will be a houseful, and the fridge is fully-stocked so we'll get bevvied win or lose.

But with those arrangements now in the books, this is the last I'll think about Wolves until about 5 minutes before kickoff. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the last two days of this break from all things Everton (which has felt like an extra month on death row following a successful final appeal for a stay of execution) and I'm going to enjoy Christmas without this fucking football club of ours spoiling it for me.

Oh, as a Christmas present for you all, take a look at this....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64042970

Scroll to the bottom of this and you'll see the league table based on expected goals. We're actually worse than our league position suggests, by 6 points, based on this metric (meaning we've got 6 points more than we should have, based on xG.) I generally don't give a fuck about xG but this does actually confirm the obvious, as the article itself suggests, that Pickford is keeping us afloat.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Dec 2022, 3:31 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Watching the game on Boxing Day has now turned into a family event, all the kids are back home for Christmas and my brothers and their families are coming round to share the pain, so there will be a houseful, and the fridge is fully-stocked so we'll get bevvied win or lose.

But with those arrangements now in the books, this is the last I'll think about Wolves until about 5 minutes before kickoff. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the last two days of this break from all things Everton (which has felt like an extra month on death row following a successful final appeal for a stay of execution) and I'm going to enjoy Christmas without this fucking football club of ours spoiling it for me.

Scroll to the bottom of this and you'll see the league table based on expected goals. We're actually worse than our league position suggests, by 6 points, based on this metric (meaning we've got 6 points more than we should have, based on xG.) I generally don't give a fuck about xG but this does actually confirm the obvious, as the article itself suggests, that Pickford is keeping us afloat.

I have to admit, I don't really understand the whole xG thing. It sounds like one of the things my GP keeps telling me to get tested at the bloods clinic. Does it mean that we're actually doing better than we should be doing then? And what's it based on? Like someone says how many goals we should have conceded based on how shit we've played?

Anyway, I agree with all the rest. I'm ignoring the Wolves game til it happens. I shouldn't even be looking at the OS - all that jollity and happy chappies in blue santa hats making like Jimmy Savile visiting childrens' hospitals on Christmas day gives me the collywobbles.

So, merry Christmas one and all. Hope that lucky dog is ready to be lifted above the crowd again in May.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 24 Dec 2022, 5:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Watching the game on Boxing Day has now turned into a family event, all the kids are back home for Christmas and my brothers and their families are coming round to share the pain, so there will be a houseful, and the fridge is fully-stocked so we'll get bevvied win or lose.

I have to admit, I don't really understand the whole xG thing. It sounds like one of the things my GP keeps telling me to get tested at the bloods clinic.  Does it mean that we're actually doing better than we should be doing then?  And what's it based on?  Like someone says how many goals we should have conceded based on how shit we've played?

Anyway, I agree with all the rest.  I'm ignoring the Wolves game til it happens.  I shouldn't even be looking at the OS - all that jollity and happy chappies in blue santa hats making like Jimmy Savile visiting childrens' hospitals on Christmas day gives me the collywobbles.

So, merry Christmas one and all.  Hope that lucky dog is ready to be lifted above the crowd again in May.

It's all about probability. They (whoever they are) will assess every chance by comparing it to thousands of similar chances from years gone by, to assess how likely it is that that chance (a penalty, say, or a free header six yards out, or a volley from 30 yards out) would result in a goal.

Basically, if your own xG is low, you're not creating enough good chances. If the xG of the oppo is high then you're letting the oppo have too many decent chances. That's where we are this season. We're allowing too many chances, but our goals against record is decent. That's to do mostly with Pickford and probably to a lesser extent Coady and Tarko getting their arses in the way of a good number of shots.

So for example, if your own xG is 1.2 but in the real world you're averaging 1.7 goals per game, then you're not creating many chances but you are efficient at taking your chances when they come along.

The issue I have with xG is best explained by that brilliant Argentina goal in the World Cup final. How do you compare that historically? Are they assessing that as simply a tap-in for di Maria, or are they taking into account the whole move, and the unlikelihood of that move resulting in a goal?

There is some value in it I suppose, for people who are into that kind of thing. But we don't need xG numbers to know where our own team's deficiencies are. Without Pickford we'd probably be bottom. There, sorted, without any need for complex calculations.

On that maudlin note, Merry Xmas all, enjoy The Last Supper.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 26 Dec 2022, 4:54 pm

Ok.. he needs to go

bye & close the door on the way out

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 26 Dec 2022, 4:55 pm

Surely he is going!! Utterly useless!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 26 Dec 2022, 5:03 pm

Nobody will keep us up this season unless we can sign a couple of goalscorers.

We should have won that 4-1 at least.

Fucked
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 26 Dec 2022, 8:00 pm

Has he gone yet?
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 27 Dec 2022, 10:51 am

but who comes in... Dyche was the name before the WC... Allardyce again... Moyes again ??

..can't see many realistic options as replacements

Would we be any better off ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 27 Dec 2022, 12:35 pm

Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 6 Captu168

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 28 Dec 2022, 3:14 pm

ok I've reflected a bit.. and calmed down a bit too.... and...

I reckon there's no point in binning Frank... no-one decent will come to us anyway.. unless we can get Poch while he's still Christmas pissed we ain't gonna be a whole lot better than we are with Frank.

...and... we won't go down anyway... we will be in the mix & probably finish 17th, a goats pubic hair away from the drop (again)... my rationale for this is:

1. there are at least three teams worse than us.. Forest... and two from Saints, Wolves, West aaaam, dirty Leeds and Bournemouth... and Villa are staring at a free fall too

2. We will buy someone in January who will be brilliant for at least one game before he gets a career ending injury

3. DCL will be back in April

so bollocks to it all... we're staying up with Frank & you should all get fucking used to it  Frank Lampard - he's not a waiter ! - Page 6 Action-2

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 03 Jan 2023, 10:12 pm

Do we give Frank the money to spend on attacking recruitments? Bearing in mind he sanctioned the signings of McNeil and Maupay, two useless sacks of shit?? Or do we cut our losses, get rid, and give the new boss whatever pittance we have left to spend? Either way, if we sign no-one or sign shit like the two above, then we are going down. Pace, creativity and a goal-scorer, thats all we need, with bugger all to spend. What a fucking shit-show!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 03 Jan 2023, 10:24 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Do we give Frank the money to spend on attacking recruitments? Bearing in mind he sanctioned the signings of McNeil and Maupay, two useless sacks of shit?? Or do we cut our losses, get rid, and give the new boss whatever pittance we have left to spend? Either way, if we sign no-one or sign shit like the two above, then we are going down. Pace, creativity and a goal-scorer, thats all we need, with bugger all to spend. What a fucking shit-show!!!

Do we have enough money to sack him? Does it make any difference either way?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:24 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Do we give Frank the money to spend on attacking recruitments? Bearing in mind he sanctioned the signings of McNeil and Maupay, two useless sacks of shit?? Or do we cut our losses, get rid, and give the new boss whatever pittance we have left to spend? Either way, if we sign no-one or sign shit like the two above, then we are going down. Pace, creativity and a goal-scorer, thats all we need, with bugger all to spend. What a fucking shit-show!!!

Do we have enough money to sack him? Does it make any difference either way?

I said that to my lad earlier. Can we even afford to get rid of him?

We don't even have the "give it Big Dunc till the end of the season" option anymore.

I'm not sure it matters, I think we're probably down and we deserve it.

The only thing stopping me from doing a Captain Oates in my head - giving up and walking into the metaphorical blizzard to accept our fate - is the fact that, incredibly, we're still not in the bottom three, although that may change tomorrow. Based on the majority of our performances that I've seen this season we deserve to be bottom and adrift.

We can debate whether we're the worst team in the division but we're certainly the slowest - in terms of build-up, of thought, of actual physical movement. I've watched teams like Bournemouth and Leeds and Forest this season - all quite ordinary teams in terms of quality - zipping the ball around and moving into space for each other, with me sitting there enviously thinking "why can't we do that?"

I anticipate very little January transfer activity. We need to plan and work based on what we have - an extremely limited squad plus a few untried kids who deserve a shot simply because some of their elders are clearly not good enough. I'm convinced that Frank has nothing other than an amiable personality and a gift for media relations. Tactically I don't think he has it in him to turn this around. So we just need someone who can come in and somehow make a silk purse out of Moshiri's used bogroll...

Now, unlikely maybe, but if West Ham bin off Moyes this week.....??? Like, he could keep us up. But nothing would scream "accept your fate and your place, blues" more than going back to the fella who 10 years ago we decided had taken us as far as he could. Without any guarantee that it'd work this time round anyway. But I'm not sure whether the board will have any ideas, in fact I have absolutely zero confidence that they will have any kind of contingency plan in place for a mid-season change.

This is as dark a time as I can remember as an Evertonian. In the 90's when we nearly went down twice, the PL pecking order wasn't yet set in concrete. We had at least the faint, distant hope that we would return to then-recent glories and climb to the top of the tree again. Now we're trying to work out who can get us back to our realistic ceiling of best-of-the rest mediocrity, with virtually zero hope of any glory at the end of it, and with a boardroom full of absolute clowns making the decisions. It's that feeling of total desolation, combined with the lack of a discernible plan, and the recurring, nagging thought of what is all this worry even for, that makes me think, fuck it bring on Birmingham and QPR, let it happen, who cares?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next