606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star

+6
Yankthattoffee
Da Judge
Armchair
Super
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 - Nathan Patterson - future star

Post  hairy cataract Wed 28 Dec 2022, 5:57 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:maybe all the hype about Patterson being a future star is a bit meh....

It was certainly not Patterson’s best game, as the right-back was caught out for Daniel Podence’s equaliser and struggled defensively throughout the match.

He lost out on three of his individual duels and failed to record any interceptions or tackles, losing the ball on no fewer than 17 separate occasions in total. Patterson also struggled offensively at times, recording no key passes and being inaccurate with all six of his attempted crosses (SofaScore).

We have many problems, and our full backs are two of them. Think of recent left backs - Baines, Digne. Mykolenko is nowhere near that level, miles off. Right backs? Go no further than Seamus Coleman. Patterson is way too young to replace Seamus, but right now he's simply not on the same planet as the club captain.

We're fucked.

In happier news, I'd forgotten that I'd put £15 on us to go down at 6/1. Obviously, I'm hoping that doesn't pay out, but at least I'd be able to drown my sorrows. As a contrast, I just put a quid on us to beat Man City at 20/1. No chance of it happening, but you never know, we might go a goal up and I'll be able to cash out for a few bob.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star - Page 3 Empty Re: 2 - Nathan Patterson - future star

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 28 Dec 2022, 6:14 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:maybe all the hype about Patterson being a future star is a bit meh....

It was certainly not Patterson’s best game, as the right-back was caught out for Daniel Podence’s equaliser and struggled defensively throughout the match.

He lost out on three of his individual duels and failed to record any interceptions or tackles, losing the ball on no fewer than 17 separate occasions in total. Patterson also struggled offensively at times, recording no key passes and being inaccurate with all six of his attempted crosses (SofaScore).

Yeah he was shite, and to be fair I think a lot of his previous shite has been drowned out somewhat by the really good stuff this season. He's had some great games but he's also been rated MoM on several Everton sites after performances that have left me fuming/reminding myself that he's just a kid.

He'll continue to get a relatively free pass as long as he remains one of our few bright hopes. Or until we sell him to Villa next week. But he has been exceptional at times.

The problem is, he should be learning how to play at this level from his experienced colleagues, rather than being one of a small handful of youngsters tasked with carrying the dross on their backs. I hope he's tough, because the situation he's in at the moment is one that can kill burgeoning young careers.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14820
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 04 Jan 2023, 12:05 pm

Frank Lampard confirms Patterson has suffered medial ligament injury and will be out for weeks

Seamus is fit enough to take this slot again... and frankly is a much better player IMO.

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 04 Jan 2023, 5:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Frank Lampard confirms Patterson has suffered medial ligament injury and will be out for weeks

Seamus is fit enough to take this slot again... and frankly is a much better player IMO.

A bit shite and two major injuries in one season. Yep, classic Everton player. To be fair, he's only about 14 years old, so he should really be in the U23s or out on loan, not a first choice right back.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:42 pm

our new not very good glassman is injured again & ruled out for the rest of the season.

Maybe I'm being harsh on the lad... but meh Neutral

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 19 Apr 2024, 3:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:our new not very good glassman is injured again & ruled out for the rest of the season.

Maybe I'm being harsh on the lad... but meh Neutral

I assume DCL and Patterson have their own treatment tables in the medical room. You know like how your arl fella used to have "his" armchair, and if you were sat in it when he got back from work you just got up out of it without having to be asked? A bit like that. "You need to move Amadou. DCL is limping his way up the corridor."

DCL probably has the table nearest the window, I reckon.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14820
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3