606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star

+6
Yankthattoffee
Da Judge
Armchair
Super
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star Empty 2 - Nathan Patterson - future star

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 02 Jan 2022, 9:02 am

Everton have been offered Barcelona and Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 29, with manager Rafael Benitez interested in adding Rangers and Scotland right-back Nathan Patterson, 20, to his squad. (Mail on Sunday)

Last edited by Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 04 Aug 2023, 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Number of posts : 41029
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star Empty Re: 2 - Nathan Patterson - future star

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 03 Jan 2022, 2:09 am

Getting closer to a deal, allegedly.

Everton close to £10m deal for Rangers & Scotland full-back.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59855179
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74423

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 03 Jan 2022, 1:12 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Getting closer to a deal, allegedly.

I found this surprising (in red)... I mean we all know Scottish football is shit, but that's a pretty low fee over the last 10 years or so

Everton are hopeful of completing a £10m deal to sign Rangers right-back Nathan Patterson in what would be a record fee for the Ibrox club.

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 04 Jan 2022, 1:11 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Getting closer to a deal, allegedly.

I found this surprising (in red)... I mean we all know Scottish football is shit, but that's a pretty low fee over the last 10 years or so

Everton are hopeful of completing a £10m deal to sign Rangers right-back Nathan Patterson in what would be a record fee for the Ibrox club.
I saw that as well mate and couldn't believe it. Odd indeed.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 04 Jan 2022, 3:31 am

Scotland right-back Nathan Patterson, 20, is set to undergo a medical with Everton after Rangers accepted a bid of an initial £12m, which could rise to £16m with add-ons.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 04 Jan 2022, 4:00 pm

This thread can be moved to 'The First Team' forum now....

Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 04 Jan 2022, 4:05 pm

Super wrote:This thread can be moved to 'The First Team' forum now....

done Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 04 Jan 2022, 5:00 pm

Is he any good?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 04 Jan 2022, 5:49 pm

Armchair wrote:Is he any good?

Speaking to a business colleague, dyed in the wool 'Gers fan. His opinion is that we have got him as an absolute steal. He is solid attacking but better defending that Tavernier (Rangers captain who has kept him out of the team). He is quick and he is a big unit. He is 6' 3" FFS....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 04 Jan 2022, 5:53 pm

Da Judge wrote:

Speaking to a business colleague, dyed in the wool 'Gers fan. His opinion is that we have got him as an absolute steal. He is solid attacking but better defending that Tavernier (Rangers captain who has kept him out of the team). He is quick and he is a big unit. He is  6' 3" FFS....

Yeah, I've just read some comments on youtube from Rangers fans. Quite excited now!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 04 Jan 2022, 6:33 pm

Armchair wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Speaking to a business colleague, dyed in the wool 'Gers fan. His opinion is that we have got him as an absolute steal. He is solid attacking but better defending that Tavernier (Rangers captain who has kept him out of the team). He is quick and he is a big unit. He is  6' 3" FFS....

Yeah, I've just read some comments on youtube from Rangers fans. Quite excited now!
big shoes to fill in Seamus... but all looks promising from what you read

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 04 Jan 2022, 7:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

big shoes to fill in Seamus... but all looks promising from what you read
To confuse the lad, he's been given the 3 shirt. So the Kiev lad doesn't get it, and now he's pissed off already.
Meanwhile we continue with the worst CB combinations. Get that sorted RB and you might survive.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 04 Jan 2022, 8:19 pm

2 - Nathan Patterson - future star Hell10
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14823
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 04 Jan 2022, 9:33 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59860254
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 04 Jan 2022, 9:44 pm

He's a kid, he's played half a dozen times in the Scottish Pub League, and he's got the left back's number, but other than that what could possibly go wrong?

Surely there's no way Rafa is going to stick him straight into the first team? I reckon Seamus will continue at right back for the rest of the season with Natty Patty playing at Hull and then a few games on the bench, getting the odd twenty minutes here and there.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 04 Jan 2022, 10:10 pm

hairy cataract wrote:He's a kid, he's played half a dozen times in the Scottish Pub League, and he's got the left back's number, but other than that what could possibly go wrong?

Surely there's no way Rafa is going to stick him straight into the first team?  I reckon Seamus will continue at right back for the rest of the season with Natty Patty playing at Hull and then a few games on the bench, getting the odd twenty minutes here and there.

He is £11m worth of ready - the Club believes. I think he will miss the Hull cup game (get mid season break out of his system) and will play the league games.

The key is solidifying Godfrey in the centre with Keane/Mina and getting everyone fit.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 12:15 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:He's a kid, he's played half a dozen times in the Scottish Pub League, and he's got the left back's number, but other than that what could possibly go wrong?

Surely there's no way Rafa is going to stick him straight into the first team?  I reckon Seamus will continue at right back for the rest of the season with Natty Patty playing at Hull and then a few games on the bench, getting the odd twenty minutes here and there.

He is £11m worth of ready - the Club believes. I think he will miss the Hull cup game (get mid season break out of his system) and will play the league games.

The key is solidifying Godfrey in the centre with Keane/Mina and getting everyone fit.

Given that Rafa is in one of his contrary, I'll-Do-What-The-Fuck-I-Want phases, he'll probably loan him out to Harlequins for the season and he'll knacker his leg while buried under a ruck. But that's all fine as long as incoming loanee Stewart Broad can do a job at right back. Turns out that Jair Bolsonaro is ill in hospital so Rafa's interest in the mercurial Brazilian is at an end, per sources.

I'll be honest, I'm massively confused. We spent about ten guineas in the summer, suggesting that we were in FFP trouble. Six months later, when we're in actual football trouble, we're suddenly spending money on young full backs.

I'm all in favour of building a squad with young players but the timing all seems out of whack. When we had time to build such a squad from a position of relative strength, or relative safety at least, we focused on 29 and 30 year olds. Now we're in a relegation battle, we're looking to the future, it seems.

I'll be fascinated to see who else we bring in in January. It would be so Everton if the money suddenly dries up and we go down having invested our last available £10m on a right back who still has to tell his mum where he is and what time he'll be home.

I hope this lad turns out to be good but we haven't got a clue if he will be Prem standard or not. Neither does he, nor Rafa. We'll soon find out I suppose. I say we play him. He'll make mistakes but he's young enough to learn from them, and everyone else is making mistakes anyway, so what do we have to lose? Only some football games. Very Happy
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 12:27 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Given that Rafa is in one of his contrary, I'll-Do-What-The-Fuck-I-Want phases, he'll probably loan him out to Harlequins for the season and he'll knacker his leg while buried under a ruck. But that's all fine as long as incoming loanee Stewart Broad can do a job at right back. Turns out that Jair Bolsonaro is ill in hospital so Rafa's interest in the mercurial Brazilian is at an end, per sources.

I'll be honest, I'm massively confused. We spent about ten guineas in the summer, suggesting that we were in FFP trouble. Six months later, when we're in actual football trouble, we're suddenly spending money on young full backs.

I'm all in favour of building a squad with young players but the timing all seems out of whack. When we had time to build such a squad from a position of relative strength, or relative safety at least, we focused on 29 and 30 year olds. Now we're in a relegation battle, we're looking to the future, it seems.

I'll be fascinated to see who else we bring in in January. It would be so Everton if the money suddenly dries up and we go down having invested our last available £10m on a right back who still has to tell his mum where he is and what time he'll be home.

I hope this lad turns out to be good but we haven't got a clue if he will be Prem standard or not. Neither does he, nor Rafa. We'll soon find out I suppose. I say we play him. He'll make mistakes but he's young enough to learn from them, and everyone else is making mistakes anyway, so what do we have to lose? Only some football games. Very Happy

Just to add that Tavernier, the right back who was keeping Patterson out of the side at Rangers, is 30 and didn't make it in the Prem. Newcastle and Wigan both binned him off. My lad keeps on telling me "yeah but Tavernier's really good" but how good, exactly? Not good enough for a Prem team to buy him in the last seven years. Just a thought. I don't want to be unduly negative but I have very little faith in the club getting anything right just now.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 05 Jan 2022, 12:59 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Just to add that Tavernier, the right back who was keeping Patterson out of the side at Rangers, is 30 and didn't make it in the Prem. Newcastle and Wigan both binned him off. My lad keeps on telling me "yeah but Tavernier's really good" but how good, exactly? Not good enough for a Prem team to buy him in the last seven years. Just a thought. I don't want to be unduly negative but I have very little faith in the club getting anything right just now.
Most really good players in Scottish prem are circa league 1, maybe Championship standard... so it is a worry

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 05 Jan 2022, 1:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Most really good players in Scottish prem are circa league 1, maybe Championship standard... so it is a worry

I mean, Rangers are stuck in their own rut, aren't they? They're now good enough to win their annual two-horse race in Scotland, but nowhere near good enough to do anything meaningful in Europe. So I suppose all they were doing was playing the team they need to pick, to win their mickey mouse league and keep their supporters and owners happy. If that means sticking with their 30-year-old club captain with bags more experience at the expense of the youngster, fair enough. £10m+ for their reserve right back makes a big difference to them.

I dunno. I'm probably overthinking things. We'll know soon enough if he's any good. Here's a Twitter video compilation of his career highlights so far.

https://twitter.com/FUTDeKo/status/1477747039156985862

It's hilariously (but not surprisingly) quite sparse! Like, half of this consists of goal celebrations and, well, running up the line. You can't judge a kid on two minutes' worth of highlights anyway, but one thing that stuck out for me here was a left-footed cross. Straight onto the defender's head, like! But I do like players who can trust their weaker foot.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 24 Jan 2022, 8:25 pm

Just watched him playing for the U23s, live on YouTube.  Subbed on the hour mark but he was very good to be fair.  Strong, confident, making powerful runs and put in an absolute peach of a cross on the overlap for Dobbin to nod home.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the Brentford game.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 24 Jan 2022, 9:00 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Just watched him playing for the U23s, live on YouTube.  Subbed on the hour mark but he was very good to be fair.  Strong, confident, making powerful runs and put in an absolute peach of a cross on the overlap for Dobbin to nod home.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the Brentford game.

Sign him!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 25 Jan 2022, 10:31 am

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Just watched him playing for the U23s, live on YouTube.  Subbed on the hour mark but he was very good to be fair.  Strong, confident, making powerful runs and put in an absolute peach of a cross on the overlap for Dobbin to nod home.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a start in the Brentford game.

Sign him!
good news at last... I was really worried that fatso's 3 recent signing > Patty, Myko & Gazza were all duds.

we need some good news so fingers crossed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 25 Jan 2022, 12:20 pm

To back up hairy's report,,,

Nathan Patterson marked his first Everton appearance with an assist for Lewis Dobbin’s decisive goal as the Blues’ Under-23 side beat high-flying Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 at Southport FC on Monday night.

Scotland international Patterson – who joined Everton from Glasgow Rangers earlier this month – supplied a pinpoint cross which Dobbin met with a bullet header to put the Toffees in front on the stroke of half-time.

Patterson’s athleticism and quality in possession impressed as he completed 60 minutes of the clash, with the victory seeing David Unsworth’s side stretch their unbeaten run to seven matches.

Centre-back Jarrad Branthwaite also played for an hour of the Premier League 2 encounter, delivering an assured display to help the young Blues record a clean sheet against a free-scoring Tottenham team who sit third in the table, five places above Everton.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2462911/patterson-impresses-in-fine-u23s-win?fbclid=IwAR2jXQI1-mdXZq8puj45iKcptGGj5Abnt9miaBX6KIqTt_N6YSjHhJcxaRY

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 25 Jan 2022, 1:31 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:To back up hairy's report,,,

Nathan Patterson marked his first Everton appearance with an assist for Lewis Dobbin’s decisive goal as the Blues’ Under-23 side beat high-flying Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 at Southport FC on Monday night.

Scotland international Patterson – who joined Everton from Glasgow Rangers earlier this month – supplied a pinpoint cross which Dobbin met with a bullet header to put the Toffees in front on the stroke of half-time.

Patterson’s athleticism and quality in possession impressed as he completed 60 minutes of the clash, with the victory seeing David Unsworth’s side stretch their unbeaten run to seven matches.

Centre-back Jarrad Branthwaite also played for an hour of the Premier League 2 encounter, delivering an assured display to help the young Blues record a clean sheet against a free-scoring Tottenham team who sit third in the table, five places above Everton.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2462911/patterson-impresses-in-fine-u23s-win?fbclid=IwAR2jXQI1-mdXZq8puj45iKcptGGj5Abnt9miaBX6KIqTt_N6YSjHhJcxaRY

Just to return to being Mr Misery for a minute..... Branthwaite was a bit shaky last night, and made errors that may well have led to goals at a higher level. There were some decent prospects on show though, and the most striking thing was how much better we looked with a midfield three. It's fucking beyond me why we're not playing a three in the PL games.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next