606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Brom 1 Everton 1 (Mirallas)

+15
Tonteau
hairy cataract
Yankthattoffee
Sack the Juggler
The President
Made 4 Gwladys
Knight of Thorgothshire
Merseyblue
Super
VenezuelaBlue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Qld Toffee
Da Judge
SEFTON
Mr_Ben
19 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

West Brom 1 Everton 1 (Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: West Brom 1 Everton 1 (Mirallas)

Post  Tonteau Tue 21 Jan 2014, 11:16 am

I thought they kicked off the park. The number of snide, shitty fouls from WBA that went unpunished was ridiculous. Ridgwell should have been sent off, in the first half or at least the second half with two yellows. Our biggest problem was that we tried to play them at their own game whilst not really having the midfield personel to play ours. It's cost us 2 points but so much more in terms of injuries. The number of foul challenges they out in is directly responsible for our injuries.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

West Brom 1 Everton 1 (Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: West Brom 1 Everton 1 (Mirallas)

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Jan 2014, 4:44 pm

Tonteau wrote:I thought they kicked off the park. The number of snide, shitty fouls from WBA that went unpunished was ridiculous. Ridgwell should have been sent off, in the first half or at least the second half with two yellows. Our biggest problem was that we tried to play them at their own game whilst not really having the midfield personel to play ours. It's cost us 2 points but so much more in terms of injuries. The number of foul challenges they out in is directly responsible for our injuries.

You may be right about that. Looking back, it would explain why we didn't get our passing game going. For some reason we allowed them to dictate what kind of game it was in the second half. And the constant fouling didn't help. But we should have been more savvy. Despite the injuries we still had players out there who should have been able to see what was happening, slow it right down, and pass them to death. I'm surprised Bobby didn't get his message across to them. Perhaps it was because he had nobody on the bench to shove on and take control of the ball.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 21 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:I thought they kicked off the park. The number of snide, shitty fouls from WBA that went unpunished was ridiculous. Ridgwell should have been sent off, in the first half or at least the second half with two yellows. Our biggest problem was that we tried to play them at their own game whilst not really having the midfield personel to play ours. It's cost us 2 points but so much more in terms of injuries. The number of foul challenges they out in is directly responsible for our injuries.

You may be right about that.  Looking back, it would explain why we didn't get our passing game going.  For some reason we allowed them to dictate what kind of game it was in the second half.  And the constant fouling didn't help.  But we should have been more savvy.  Despite the injuries we still had players out there who should have been able to see what was happening, slow it right down, and pass them to death.  I'm surprised Bobby didn't get his message across to them.  Perhaps it was because he had nobody on the bench to shove on and take control of the ball.

We missed Barkley and Pienaar a lot. Especially pienaar as he's so good at positioning his body in between the man and the ball and drawing the foul, although they'd probably just have injured him.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 21 Jan 2014, 5:24 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:

You may be right about that.  Looking back, it would explain why we didn't get our passing game going.  For some reason we allowed them to dictate what kind of game it was in the second half.  And the constant fouling didn't help.  But we should have been more savvy.  Despite the injuries we still had players out there who should have been able to see what was happening, slow it right down, and pass them to death.  I'm surprised Bobby didn't get his message across to them.  Perhaps it was because he had nobody on the bench to shove on and take control of the ball.

We missed Barkley and Pienaar a lot. Especially pienaar as he's so good at positioning his body in between the man and the ball and drawing the foul, although they'd probably just have injured him.

They pressed us very well.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 22 Jan 2014, 1:02 am

I agreed RM's comments about the pitch. It was slow as fuck and lumpy too. I kept expecting the 'Distin backpass' like in the FA cup semi, where the ball just stopped.

Ya can't play Toffee Taka on a poor pitch, which means we need a better plan B.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:20 am

mindyerho? wrote:I agreed RM's comments about the pitch. It was slow as fuck and lumpy too. I kept expecting the 'Distin backpass' like in the FA cup semi, where the ball just stopped.

Especially for Saturday as the Stevenage pitch is currently dreadful by all accounts.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:30 am

Helenqu wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:I agreed RM's comments about the pitch. It was slow as fuck and lumpy too. I kept expecting the 'Distin backpass' like in the FA cup semi, where the ball just stopped.

Especially for Saturday as the Stevenage pitch is currently dreadful by all accounts.

West Brom 1 Everton 1 (Mirallas) - Page 13 450px-Furrows%2C_ploughed_field
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13