606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 0 West Brom 0

+10
Sack the Juggler
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Made 4 Gwladys
Helenqu
Blue gazza
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
ToffeeDan
SEFTON
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Everton 0 West Brom 0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton 0 West Brom 0

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Aug 2013, 4:59 pm

Same old story; can't score goals.

Does anyone know why Howard hoofs his goal kicks towards Naismith, who's about 5'8" and never wins a header?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Aug 2013, 5:02 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I simply CANNOT believe we haven't won that

gutted
Ditto. Unbelievable.
Everton 0 West Brom 0 - Page 6 Captur16

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Aug 2013, 5:05 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:remind me again why we bought Kone?
To make Jelavic look good? Everton 0 West Brom 0 - Page 6 Confused 
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Aug 2013, 5:08 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:remind me again why we bought Kone?
To make Jelavic look good? Everton 0 West Brom 0 - Page 6 Confused 
Even if Martinez picked me, Jelavic wouldn't look good.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 24 Aug 2013, 5:20 pm

Glad I didn't see any of this game. Lost interest in the team if I'm honest.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38109
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Aug 2013, 5:26 pm

Super wrote:Glad I didn't see any of this game. Lost interest in the team if I'm honest.
We played really well again mate and should have won. We were all over them to be fair. I think we will still do well this season but need a cutting edge. Hopefully Jelavic will be taking a holiday in the reserves for a while as he offers no threat at all. Kone looked strong and linked up play when he came on. Hopefully we will see him start from now on after regaining his fitness after Ramadan.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 24 Aug 2013, 6:48 pm

Super wrote:Glad I didn't see any of this game. Lost interest in the team if I'm honest.
I missed the game as well. Sat in the parking lot outside the car shop waiting for the owner to show up so we could start looking at fixing my car.

Sounds like a frustrating afternoon at Goodison. No No No 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 24 Aug 2013, 7:15 pm

feeling a bit crap about the result really - very frustrating, its all very well playing decent football but if we can only manage a draw against two of the lower teams in the league then we've wasted 4 points. If it has been draws against united or city then I'd be happier with the result, but we should have buried these and instead we bought Kone who is just as bad as our other strikers.

We always do this and I was hoping to see better results from Martinez from the off but its the same old shit.

Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Aug 2013, 7:24 pm

Saccum Praestigiatorum wrote:feeling a bit crap about the result really - very frustrating, its all very well playing decent football but if we can only manage a draw against two of the lower teams in the league then we've wasted 4 points.  If it has been draws against united or city then I'd be happier with the result, but we should have buried these and instead we bought Kone who is just as bad as our other strikers.

We always do this and I was hoping to see better results from Martinez from the off but its the same old shit.

RS won again as well No 
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm

I really don't see a problem at the moment. It is obviously going to take time for a new manager to bring his own ideas into Everton after having the same manager for 11 years. I fully expect us to finish 9th or 10th this season as it is a transitional season for us. Some players will struggle to adapt to the new system, and some have already shown that, but I am still confident that Martinez will improve us over the next 4 years.

It looks as if Fellaini has resided himself to being sold to Man Utd and it will take some doing to replace him as he has dictated the way we have played for (at least) the last two seasons. It looks as if Martinez wants to build his side around Barkley and I am really happy with that but, again, think that it will take a couple of seasons for that to work. We will need a new central midfielder if Felli does go (and I believe he will go). I would be happy with McCarthy as he looks an exceptional player and Martinez knows him. I know he is another Wigan player but that does not make him shite.

I would be happy for Jelavic to be our 3rd choice striker now as he does not appear to have the ability or the work rate to be a solo striker. I do think Kone will prove that he can hack it over the next couple of months (even though he could fall flat on his arse).

I like the way that we are dominating games but it is very similar to last season when we dominated but couldn't score. I do think it will change soon though. COYB!
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm

Dixie Land wrote:...new system...
We're playing the same as we did under Moyes. I've no problem with that as it mixes some great flowing football with more direct tactics, but I do think we're in danger of sounding like Brendan Rodgers if we keep talking about 'new systems' etc.

We'll finish 6th or 7th no problem. It's just frustrating to think where we could finish if we had £30m to spend on a striker. But 'twas ever thus.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 24 Aug 2013, 9:45 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:...new system...
We're playing the same as we did under Moyes. I've no problem with that as it mixes some great flowing football with more direct tactics, but I do think we're in danger of sounding like Brendan Rodgers if we keep talking about 'new systems' etc.

We'll finish 6th or 7th no problem. It's just frustrating to think where we could finish if we had £30m to spend on a striker. But 'twas ever thus.
We are playing a far slower, passing game rather than a direct game. Will take time.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:14 am

I just wish that we had come out of the blocks today with a stronger opening.
A cavalry charge if you like for the opening 5 minutes, to take advantage of the atmosphere and energy in the stadium, which looked like a sell out other than the WBA section. Instead they put us all to sleep with an opening 10 minutes of tikitaki in our own half.
Even if we had gone at them for the opening salvo and had conceded on the break, there's 80 minutes to peg it back.
Brain but little heart today.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 10:33 am

A game of fine margins I think.

West Brom came wanting a point/to nick a goal which I suppose could easily have happened.

If Everton had scored early West Brom might have had to come out a bit more and Everton could have picked them off, or, if West Brom had nicked a goal they would have shut up shop.

I'd give Kone a proper run out on Wednesday and possibly next week too, Jelavic is trying but he misses someone like Cahill who used to take up a defender and allow him space, he is too easy to mark/always offside.

No need to panic, but the shite winning their first two games won't help.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 25 Aug 2013, 3:58 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:A game of fine margins I think.

West Brom came wanting a point/to nick a goal which I suppose could easily have happened.

If Everton had scored early West Brom might have had to come out a bit more and Everton could have picked them off, or, if West Brom had nicked a goal they would have shut up shop.

I'd give Kone a proper run out on Wednesday and possibly next week too, Jelavic is trying but he misses someone like Cahill who used to take up a defender and allow him space, he is too easy to mark/always offside.

No need to panic, but the shite winning their first two games won't help.
It just seemed like an opportunity to sell some more season tickets.
Full house (why we let WBA have the usual Bullens tickets, only for them to sell nothing for the upper tier, is beyond me.) Even the worst obstructed views were sold.
WBA didn't have to quieten the crowd, we did it for them, with the kind of tikitaki we derided last year across the park.
After our Norwich performance, I really thought we'd go at them with crisp attacks, only for us move the ball across the back 4, in the slowest way possible.
Gibson for Ossie next week or beyond?
Kone for Jelli?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6