606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

+34
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
Hinchcliffe Corner
Albert
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Statman
hairy cataract
SEFTON
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
My other LB is a Ferrari
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Lumper
Mr_Ben
Merseyblue
Dixie Land
Helenqu
Mr Perpetual Motion
Michael Crosby S74
RhinoJagz
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
fatboblatch
Bryan
tadpole
SouthernSmugToffee
ToffeeDan
paul
Kilted_Toffee
38 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 12 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I read somewhere that he'll have a scan today.

He got injured taking the scan

The scan ran 80 yards to kick his standing leg. Bastard.
that scan had teeth

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Armchair Mon 12 Nov 2012, 6:27 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I read somewhere that he'll have a scan today.

He got injured taking the scan

The scan ran 80 yards to kick his standing leg. Bastard.
that scan had teeth

And a Swastika tattoo.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:41 am

Everton FC forward Kevin Mirallas avoids lengthy injury lay-off after scans reveals hamstring damage not too serious

by Greg O'Keeffe, Liverpool Echo
Nov 14 2012

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Kevin-10

KEVIN MIRALLAS has avoided a lengthy injury lay-off after scans revealed damage to his hamstring is not as serious as first feared.

The Everton forward was forced off during the win over Sunderland on Saturday, sparking initial concerns he could be facing up to a month on the sidelines.

Although it is unlikely he will recover in time for the Premier League trip to Reading this weekend, the exciting £5.5m summer signing could be back in action for the visit of Norwich City on November 24.
Player Stats — Kevin Mirallas

Mirallas had been due to meet up with the Belgium squad ahead of their friendly against Romania tonight, bu

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/11/14/100252-32227968/#ixzz2CBjfvWb1
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 14 Nov 2012, 1:18 pm

SEFTON wrote:Everton FC forward Kevin Mirallas avoids lengthy injury lay-off after scans reveals hamstring damage not too serious

Nov 14 2012

KEVIN MIRALLAS has avoided a lengthy injury lay-off after scans revealed damage to his hamstring is not as serious as first feared.

The Everton forward was forced off during the win over Sunderland on Saturday, sparking initial concerns he could be facing up to a month on the sidelines.

Although it is unlikely he will recover in time for the Premier League trip to Reading this weekend, the exciting £5.5m summer signing could be back in action for the visit of Norwich City on November 24.

Mirallas had been due to meet up with the Belgium squad ahead of their friendly against Romania tonight, bu

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/11/14/100252-32227968/#ixzz2CBjfvWb1

so it was a cunning plan to get him off an international? FFS Moysey don't take him off until we've won!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 14 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
SEFTON wrote:Everton FC forward Kevin Mirallas avoids lengthy injury lay-off after scans reveals hamstring damage not too serious

Nov 14 2012

so it was a cunning plan to get him off an international? FFS Moysey don't take him off until we've won!

BTW Our local TV channel has just got a new sports reporter called Kevin Morales. It's driving me insane as I keep hearing the name and thinking they are talking about EFC!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 14 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

Good thing it appears to not be too bad then. We really need to have him in the side.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:08 am

I wonder if he'll be fit enough for Sunday?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:23 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:I wonder if he'll be fit enough for Sunday?

Yes, then no, then perhaps, then rumours that he is diffo fit, then a break down in training, then it wasnt as serious as feared, then Moyes giving him 'every chance', then 'not rushing him back', then he's fully recovered then finally he's not in the match day squad...soo...... 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Confused

This is probably one of our key games this season so if he is back then we might finally have a first team fully fit again.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:25 am

Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I wonder if he'll be fit enough for Sunday?

Yes, then no, then perhaps, then rumours that he is diffo fit, then a break down in training, then it wasnt as serious as feared, then Moyes giving him 'every chance', then 'not rushing him back', then he's fully recovered then finally he's not in the match day squad...soo...... 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Confused

This is probably one of our key games this season so if he is back then we might finally have a first team fully fit again.
We seem to prodcue our best under adversity.
When DM has choices to make, hmmmmmmmmmm.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:13 pm

Sidelined for a "few weeks". Out of the Christmas programme so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:15 pm

Bluejags wrote:Sidelined for a "few weeks". Out of the Christmas programme so.

Really bad news, he's a big miss.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:22 pm

Helenqu wrote:

Yeah, Nais is just a huge step down from Miralles. Miralles really hit the ground running whilst Nais might need a full season or so to get used to the step up.

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 14 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Crash 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Crash
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 14 Dec 2012, 1:35 pm

The President wrote:

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Crash 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 9 Crash

Moyes... possibly doing cloak and dagger... then again look at the Christmas programme... would not want him rushed back....

Stoke, West Ham and Wigan all have clogging capability. If we could rest and have him for Chelsea - then a price worth paying.... if he cannot make Chelsea then i would prefer he also miss Newcastle and Cheltenham and be absolutely certain that he is ready for the rest of the season.... on the other side of Christmas/New Year we enter a flood of matches we really should now be expecting to push on and win (and win well)... there is is something about us this year that fills me with optimism...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 14 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

"It looks like we'll lose Kevin for a few weeks," said Moyes.
"It's a really big blow - anyone who watched the game last week can see that. His hamstring isn't just right so it looks like we'll have to take more time over it so it will probably keep him out for a while.
"We thought we had managed it because it was quite a mild hamstring injury which we gave extra time because I was expecting him to be available for the midweek Arsenal game.
"I then didn't use him in the Manchester City game in the hope he would be right for the Tottenham game so we gave him extra days to make sure it was right.
"We now will have to take even more time for us unfortunately and it will be a big miss for us because he gives us a different attacking dimension from what we have and he'll be a loss.
"Tony Hibbert has a recurrence of his calf injury so he is going to have an operation on Monday which will keep him out for a while."

Reading that, I get the impressions that Moyes has that sinking feeling that SuperKev is another sicknote, and will spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Clearly pissed off and surprised that after giving him loads of extra time to get over the injury, he broke down so quickly. Just like Rodwell. Perhaps City would like to buy him for £20m?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 14 Dec 2012, 2:32 pm

Uwist61 wrote:
The President wrote:

Moyes... possibly doing cloak and dagger... then again look at the Christmas programme... would not want him rushed back....

Stoke, West Ham and Wigan all have clogging capability. If we could rest and have him for Chelsea - then a price worth paying.... if he cannot make Chelsea then i would prefer he also miss Newcastle and Cheltenham and be absolutely certain that he is ready for the rest of the season.... on the other side of Christmas/New Year we enter a flood of matches we really should now be expecting to push on and win (and win well)... there is is something about us this year that fills me with optimism...

Ever the voice of reason. If someone could guarantee that he'll be fit from Jan till the end of the season then I'd be more than happy. He is a big, big player for us. I'm expecting big things from him.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 14 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
"It's a really big blow - anyone who watched the game last week can see that. His hamstring isn't just right so it looks like we'll have to take more time over it so it will probably keep him out for a while.
"We thought we had managed it because it was quite a mild hamstring injury which we gave extra time because I was expecting him to be available for the midweek Arsenal game.
"I then didn't use him in the Manchester City game in the hope he would be right for the Tottenham game so we gave him extra days to make sure it was right.
"We now will have to take even more time for us unfortunately and it will be a big miss for us because he gives us a different attacking dimension from what we have and he'll be a loss.
"Tony Hibbert has a recurrence of his calf injury so he is going to have an operation on Monday which will keep him out for a while."

Reading that, I get the impressions that Moyes has that sinking feeling that SuperKev is another sicknote, and will spend more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. Clearly pissed off and surprised that after giving him loads of extra time to get over the injury, he broke down so quickly. Just like Rodwell. Perhaps City would like to buy him for £20m?

I'm not so sure about that. It doesn't stand to reason that you could be the leading scorer in a national league one season, and be a career sicknote the next. He must have played pretty much an entire season last season in order to have been the leading goalscorer in Greece, so hopefully this is nothing more than a niggling injury that will clear with time.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 14 Dec 2012, 2:42 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. It doesn't stand to reason that you could be the leading scorer in a national league one season, and be a career sicknote the next. He must have played pretty much an entire season last season in order to have been the leading goalscorer in Greece, so hopefully this is nothing more than a niggling injury that will clear with time.

The way I read it, he is more pissed off with Hibbert. Perhaps City would like to buy him for £20?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 14 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

The way I read it, he is more pissed off with Hibbert. Perhaps City would like to buy him for £20?

In fact he is probably more pissed off with the thought of having to play Naismith from the start.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 14 Dec 2012, 5:12 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Helenqu wrote:

Yeah, Nais is just a huge step down from Miralles. Miralles really hit the ground running whilst Nais might need a full season or so to get used to the step up.

But at least Niasmith isn't made of glass. Sad
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 14 Dec 2012, 5:29 pm

I'll speak up for Naismith, here. He's not as exciting or direct as mirallas, but he is an intelligent footballer who passes well and is capable of scoring a goal. Overall I'm delighted that we have a little bit of depth to the quality in the squad.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 14 Dec 2012, 6:06 pm

Tonteau wrote:I'll speak up for Naismith, here. He's not as exciting or direct as mirallas, but he is an intelligent footballer who passes well and is capable of scoring a goal. Overall I'm delighted that we have a little bit of depth to the quality in the squad.

I think Nais is pretty average but in his defence he is playing out of position at RW. I think he'd be more effective in an attacking central midfield role behind Jelavic but obviously Felli has that position sewn up at the moment.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:43 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
"Tony

R has a recurrence of his calf injury so he is going to have an operation on Monday which will keep him out for a while."

Really hope you're wrong as I think he's potentially one of the best players in the prem league. Not sure if he has got a history of injuries but at this moment in time I'm more worried about Gibson. Naismith isn't great but not awful either - will always give 100%which is a big plus.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sat 15 Dec 2012, 1:53 am

Tonteau wrote:I'll speak up for Naismith, here. He's not as exciting or direct as mirallas, but he is an intelligent footballer who passes well and is capable of scoring a goal. Overall I'm delighted that we have a little bit of depth to the quality in the squad.
+1
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sat 15 Dec 2012, 5:46 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
+1

+2

Also, Naismith is available every week after his serious injury. I hope Mirallas is just keen to impress so is rushing himself back and they will wait till he is absolute 100% this time before he returns.

He has potential, but if you had to be honest about who has been more valuable to the squad it's Naismith hands down.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next