606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

+34
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
Hinchcliffe Corner
Albert
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Statman
hairy cataract
SEFTON
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
My other LB is a Ferrari
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Lumper
Mr_Ben
Merseyblue
Dixie Land
Helenqu
Mr Perpetual Motion
Michael Crosby S74
RhinoJagz
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
fatboblatch
Bryan
tadpole
SouthernSmugToffee
ToffeeDan
paul
Kilted_Toffee
38 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 20 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  hairy cataract Tue 03 Sep 2019, 4:50 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:I thought he was great for us. It went a bit sour, and sounds like it was his own fault. He was probably a bit of a prick, but definitely left some great memories.
That penalty miss when he took the ball off Baines was the nail in the coffin for him, arrogant fucker

Indeed it was, but he was great when he was great. Glad he's fucked off now. Great to see the clear out of some of yesterday's men finally taking place. The squad looks younger and better.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 20 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 03 Sep 2019, 6:11 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:I thought he was great for us. It went a bit sour, and sounds like it was his own fault. He was probably a bit of a prick, but definitely left some great memories.
That penalty miss when he took the ball off Baines was the nail in the coffin for him, arrogant fucker

Indeed it was, but he was great when he was great. Glad he's fucked off now.  Great to see the clear out of some of yesterday's men finally taking place.  The squad looks younger and better.
I liked his song Very Happy

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 04 Sep 2019, 9:18 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Indeed it was, but he was great when he was great. Glad he's fucked off now.  Great to see the clear out of some of yesterday's men finally taking place.  The squad looks younger and better.
which one?

He's fit
but shit,
he is a fuckin tit
Kevin Mirallas, Kevin Mirallas?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 04 Sep 2019, 8:41 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

which one?  

He's fit
but shit,
he is a fuckin tit
Kevin Mirallas, Kevin Mirallas?
no... I meant the more imaginative one..

ooooooooohh kevin mirallas
ooooooooohh kevin mirallas

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 07 Sep 2023, 5:32 pm

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 20 Captu245

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 07 Sep 2023, 6:02 pm

I loved Mirallas. One of my favourite players, at a time when I had lots of favourite players I love you I love you

Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 07 Sep 2023, 9:25 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
My memory might be a bit skewed but hadn't one of his international team mates died over the previous weekend, and he had a t-shirt under the kit, with a message about said team mate which he wanted to reveal if and when he scored.
It backfired on him and the fans were never the same with him.
Great on certain days, but never became as great as he should have been.
He was great at giving the goalie "the eye" when one on one.
I wonder if he'll styay in footy?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 08 Sep 2023, 8:00 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
My memory might be a bit skewed but hadn't one of his international team mates died over the previous weekend, and he had a t-shirt under the kit, with a message about said team mate which he wanted to reveal if and when he scored.
yes I seem to remember something a tee shirt message being the reason he wanted the penalty too...

It's really interesting reading through the old messages in this thread though... and seeing all the names of 606 members that no longer post... sadly some have left us Sad and sadly some have just buggered off because they got 'offended' or got too old to be bothered with all the shit we post.... interesting read though & good memories of past posters.. I may look at some other threads soon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 08 Sep 2023, 9:29 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
yes I seem to remember something a tee shirt message being the reason he wanted the penalty too...

It's really interesting reading through the old messages in this thread though... and seeing all the names of 606 members that no longer post... sadly some have left us Sad  and sadly some have just buggered off because they got 'offended' or got too old to be bothered with all the shit we post.... interesting read though & good memories of past posters.. I may look at some other threads soon

I do the same thing sometimes, for the same reason as you. But also, to review my old hot takes to see whether they crashed and burned or not.  Very Happy

Reading through the first couple of pages of this thread and I came across this prescient gem from Tonts, from 2012, while we were sniffing around Mirallas...

"However, the player I think we really want is Dries Mertens (at PSV eindhoven), who was fantastic when he came on. Scored one and I think set up the other two. Tricky winger with pace, skills and a cracking footballing brain."

He went to Napoli for £8m 12 months later. 113 goals in 295 games and a Serie A title for them. 109 caps for Belgium. Yeah, you could say this shout stands the test of time.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14697
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 08 Sep 2023, 5:39 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

It's really interesting reading through the old messages in this thread though... and seeing all the names of 606 members that no longer post... sadly some have left us Sad  and sadly some have just buggered off because they got 'offended' or got too old to be bothered with all the shit we post.... interesting read though & good memories of past posters.. I may look at some other threads soon

I do the same thing sometimes, for the same reason as you. But also, to review my old hot takes to see whether they crashed and burned or not.  Very Happy

Reading through the first couple of pages of this thread and I came across this prescient gem from Tonts, from 2012, while we were sniffing around Mirallas...

"However, the player I think we really want is Dries Mertens (at PSV eindhoven), who was fantastic when he came on. Scored one and I think set up the other two. Tricky winger with pace, skills and a cracking footballing brain."

He went to Napoli for £8m 12 months later. 113 goals in 295 games and a Serie A title for them. 109 caps for Belgium. Yeah, you could say this shout stands the test of time.

True, Tonts ended up with a lucrative gig at BT Sports on the back of that comment and of course went dark as a result. When BT Sports became TNT is about the time he reappeared here (with kids apparently)… whilst his parenting skills have really come - his punditry is struggling to carry the same vim and vibe… but we collectively believe he may still come good….

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 08 Sep 2023, 5:53 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

True, Tonts ended up with a lucrative gig at BT Sports on the back of that comment and of course went dark as a result. When BT Sports became TNT is about the time he reappeared here (with kids apparently)… whilst his parenting skills have really come - his punditry is struggling to carry the same vim and vibe… but we collectively believe he may still come good….
Tonts isn't Carra is he ? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 08 Sep 2023, 6:15 pm

Armchair wrote:I loved Mirallas. One of my favourite players, at a time when I had lots of favourite players I love you I love you

This is just depressing to watch. We weren't world beaters, but we were decent and quite entertaining for a good while. How far we have fallen Crying or Very sad
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 08 Sep 2023, 6:47 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Armchair wrote:I loved Mirallas. One of my favourite players, at a time when I had lots of favourite players I love you I love you

This is just depressing to watch. We weren't world beaters, but we were decent and quite entertaining for a good while. How far we have fallen Crying or Very sad

Yeah, there was some optimism then. It felt like we were moving in the right direction, and had some players worth watching.

Now we're treading water to avoid drowning No
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20