606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

+34
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
Hinchcliffe Corner
Albert
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Statman
hairy cataract
SEFTON
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
My other LB is a Ferrari
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Lumper
Mr_Ben
Merseyblue
Dixie Land
Helenqu
Mr Perpetual Motion
Michael Crosby S74
RhinoJagz
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
fatboblatch
Bryan
tadpole
SouthernSmugToffee
ToffeeDan
paul
Kilted_Toffee
38 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 6 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 20 Aug 2012, 9:06 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:never heard of him.

Sign him!.........oh!..we already have. Embarassed
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy - Page 6 Empty Re: 11. Kevin Mira11as - now "trying" his luck in Italy

Post  SEFTON Mon 20 Aug 2012, 9:30 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The President wrote:
Sky Sports sources understand Kevin Mirallas is to have a medical at Everton this weekend ahead of a £6million move from Olympiakos.

Mirallas is also believed to have been the subject of interest from Arsenal but the Belgium international told Sky Sports News earlier in the week that he felt the Toffees would be a better fit.

And the 24-year-old looks set to compete the formalities of a deal taking him to Goodison Park over the weekend.

Finances at Everton are tight but David Moyes has some money to spend following the sale of Jack Rodwell to Manchester City.
The forward has experience in Ligue 1 with Lille and St Etienne but has spent the past two years in Greece with Olympiakos, scoring 20 league goals for the club last season.

Saw his interview on ssn and what doesn't come across on the Internet is tone and body expressions. I actually thought its a done deal when I saw it but nothing is 100% certain in life. He is doing the right thing by taking time to decide- but lets be honest it's a huge decision for a player and we sometimes forget that!

I think you are spot on there mate. Mirallas is only 24 and he has to decide which club he wants to turn out for the next few years and also which country he is going to live in. It is a massive decision. I really think that the Fellaini factor has perhaps put us in pole position as they are both French speaking Belgians.

The fact that struck me in the SSN interview was that he clearly states that the biggest priority of him is that he plays every week. When Fellaini first joined that is what he got. Now Fellaini would play every week in which ever team he chose to be honest. If this lad does come I might really begin to feel very optimistic

I completely agree Hairy. I don't claim to know much about this lad but I am genuinely excited by the prospect of him signing and excited by the look of our side if he does sign.

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Heitinga Baines

Mirallas Fellaini Gibson Pienaar

Naismith

Jelavic

With back up from Distin, Osman, Neville, Vellios, Gueye, Barkley, Coleman, Junior, Duffy and Anichebe we have good reason to be optimistic about the coming season.

United are nailed on to win on Monday now! lol!

Mirallas won't be playing then though. Very Happy

I don't think many of us fully believe that we can beat United but it would be nice to have a half decent start to the season.

Well Dixie mate,you will find most manure fans feel they couldn't have gotten a worse game to kick off their campaign,expect a tight game. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10611
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Aug 2012, 1:08 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The President wrote:
Sky Sports sources understand Kevin Mirallas is to have a medical at Everton this weekend ahead of a £6million move from Olympiakos.

Mirallas is also believed to have been the subject of interest from Arsenal but the Belgium international told Sky Sports News earlier in the week that he felt the Toffees would be a better fit.

And the 24-year-old looks set to compete the formalities of a deal taking him to Goodison Park over the weekend.

Finances at Everton are tight but David Moyes has some money to spend following the sale of Jack Rodwell to Manchester City.
The forward has experience in Ligue 1 with Lille and St Etienne but has spent the past two years in Greece with Olympiakos, scoring 20 league goals for the club last season.

Saw his interview on ssn and what doesn't come across on the Internet is tone and body expressions. I actually thought its a done deal when I saw it but nothing is 100% certain in life. He is doing the right thing by taking time to decide- but lets be honest it's a huge decision for a player and we sometimes forget that!

I think you are spot on there mate. Mirallas is only 24 and he has to decide which club he wants to turn out for the next few years and also which country he is going to live in. It is a massive decision. I really think that the Fellaini factor has perhaps put us in pole position as they are both French speaking Belgians.

The fact that struck me in the SSN interview was that he clearly states that the biggest priority of him is that he plays every week. When Fellaini first joined that is what he got. Now Fellaini would play every week in which ever team he chose to be honest. If this lad does come I might really begin to feel very optimistic

I completely agree Hairy. I don't claim to know much about this lad but I am genuinely excited by the prospect of him signing and excited by the look of our side if he does sign.

Howard

Naismith

Jelavic

With back up from Distin, Osman, Neville, Vellios, Gueye, Barkley, Coleman, Junior, Duffy and Anichebe we have good reason to be optimistic about the coming season.

I don't think many of us fully believe that we can beat United but it would be nice to have a half decent start to the season.

Well Dixie mate,you will find most manure fans feel they couldn't have gotten a worse game to kick off their campaign,expect a tight game. cheers

I feel very optimistic about tonight's game and feel we have a very good chance. There is no doubting that Man Utd are an excellent side though and they have just spent big money on last season's top goal scorer (who I think will start on the bench). This game really could go either way, I reckon it will be a draw but a win for us would not surprise me at all. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 20 Aug 2012, 1:40 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The President wrote:

Howard

Naismith

Jelavic

I feel very optimistic about tonight's game and feel we have a very good chance. There is no doubting that Man Utd are an excellent side though and they have just spent big money on last season's top goal scorer (who I think will start on the bench). This game really could go either way, I reckon it will be a draw but a win for us would not surprise me at all. cheers cheers cheers

No Mate,i think Fergie will want his prize asset to start with Rooney behind him. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The President wrote:

Howard

Naismith

Jelavic

No Mate,i think Fergie will want his prize asset to start with Rooney behind him. lol!

RVP has hardly played any pre-season football with Arsenal so there is a good chance he will be unfit and could get injured playing tonight. I don't think Fergie will risk him from the start tonight and if he does Johnny Heitinga will murder him. cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 20 Aug 2012, 5:15 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The President wrote:

Howard

Naismith

Jelavic

RVP has hardly played any pre-season football with Arsenal so there is a good chance he will be unfit and could get injured playing tonight. I don't think Fergie will risk him from the start tonight and if he does Johnny Heitinga will murder him. cheers

Heitinga, the hit man,you got it sussed already Dixie . lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 20 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
The President wrote:

Howard

Naismith

Jelavic

Heitinga, the hit man,you got it sussed already Dixie . lol!

The Dutch all seem to have each other as well. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 20 Aug 2012, 11:21 pm

Well he looked a bit underwhelmed in his first interview, but after tonight he knows what the club's about.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:49 pm

Tonteau wrote:Well he looked a bit underwhelmed in his first interview, but after tonight he knows what the club's about.

He's gone on record as saying if he had any doubts in his mind about joining Everton fc,last nights game convinced him he had made the right decision,the team performance,the atmosphere all contributed to what Mirallass described as a taste of things to come.

I just wonder that BY signing Mirallass,how much of an impact that has had on Marouane Fellaini game ?

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19336519

Claims to have turned down Arsenal to get more 'game time' at Everton. After our performance last night, good luck getting in the team Kevin! Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

Bluejags wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19336519

Claims to have turned down Arsenal to get more 'game time' at Everton. After our performance last night, good luck getting in the team Kevin! Very Happy

lol! I was thinking the same! lol!
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:

keeps serious pressure on the current squad to perform though ... no slackers this year .... bye bye Victor Smile

Number of posts : 41036
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

keeps serious pressure on the current squad to perform though ... no slackers this year .... bye bye Victor Smile

If Victor Moses goes to chelsea, wigan might look at Anichebe.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:17 pm

Don't hold your breath, we just need Ossie and Gibbo to get crocked and the team will pick itself.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

Just taken off the OS board.

Kevin Mirallas has been tipped to succeed at Everton - by the man he used to terrorise in training.

Ex-Premier League keeper Roy Carroll is now on the books at Olympiakos, the Greek outfit from which the Blues recruited the exciting Belgian forward.

With vast Premier League experience and having trained alongside the 24-year-old last season, Carroll is confident he will become a major Everton asset.

The former Manchester United and West Ham glovesman told evertonfc.com: "I came in January and have trained with him and played with him for the last six months of the season.

"He's a top professional, he's a young player and he wants to learn. He scored a fair few goals for us last season.

"He is full of flair. Belgium have a great national team full of good young players and he is one of the players coming through. He has got a lot of talent. I know what the Premier League is all about; I spoke to him before he went and I told him it is a hard league and to bide his time and hopefully things will work out well for him."

Mirallas was Olympiakos' top scorer last term but it's widely acknowledged that switching to England's top tier will be a step-up.

"The Premier League is one of the biggest leagues in the world," continued Carroll. "I think he is going to help the team and the supporters will be very happy with him.

"He has got the confidence, he believes in himself and I think that is what you need to be playing in England. He has got the correct attitude on the pitch and off the pitch."
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:49 pm

The lad has been paraded about like we've just signed Messi over the past few days but is a relative unknown. One to judge after we've actually seen him play.

He sounds more of a forward than a winger so hoping Moyes can still bring in a natural right sided midfield player. If not that, then a centre mid as we have lost 2 this summer.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:09 am

Cahill the Great wrote:

The lad has been paraded about like we've just signed Messi over the past few days but is a relative unknown. One to judge after we've actually seen him play.

He sounds more of a forward than a winger so hoping Moyes can still bring in a natural right sided midfield player. If not that, then a centre mid as we have lost 2 this summer.

Are you ever happy with Everton?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:25 am

Tonteau wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

What makes you say that? Delighted with the start so far but it's a long season so being cautious. We,re actually getting a lot of media fan fare after Monday night but we know the club better than they do and it's never plain sailing. Pleased with the signing above but you have to admit we know little about him.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:33 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

What makes you say that? Delighted with the start so far but it's a long season so being cautious. We,re actually getting a lot of media fan fare after Monday night but we know the club better than they do and it's never plain sailing. Pleased with the signing above but you have to admit we know little about him.

Aye, but no one's actually carrying on like he's Leo Messi.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:39 am

Tonteau wrote:

although to be fair, I did say he reminded me of Peter Beagrie, but that was just based on the YouTube clips, whether he will make it in real life is another matter.... Very Happy
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

although to be fair, I did say he reminded me of Peter Beagrie, but that was just based on the YouTube clips, whether he will make it in real life is another matter.... Very Happy

I think to be fair,we as Evertonians,have heard all the hype before with new players from the continent,most of which don't make the grade,kauldrop-Bily-Amochachi-Bakayoko,none of which set the place alight.the likes of limpar-kanchelskis-graversen were good players who did their job,if Mirallass does his job the fans will be happy.the fact that we beat Arsenal-liverpool-spurs-porto too Mirallass signiture has boosted morale,although the feel good factor of the January tranfers brought in has really made a difference,jelly-pienaar-gibson have all given us reason to believe we can do some thing this year specially as we have won our opening game,
with steven naismith and now Mirallass on board it increases our chances.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 25 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Everton manager David Moyes has told fans not to expect too much too soon from Kevin Mirallas. "We've got to let him settle in, but we are really pleased to have him," he said.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 25 Aug 2012, 2:57 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton manager David Moyes has told fans not to expect too much too soon from Kevin Mirallas. "We've got to let him settle in, but we are really pleased to have him," he said.

Was much the same with Jelavic. He hardly played in the first six weeks we had him.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 25 Aug 2012, 2:59 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton manager David Moyes has told fans not to expect too much too soon from Kevin Mirallas. "We've got to let him settle in, but we are really pleased to have him," he said.

Was much the same with Jelavic. He hardly played in the first six weeks we had him.
He was injured a bit at first too though, wasn't he?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 25 Aug 2012, 6:01 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

He was injured a bit at first too though, wasn't he?

You are right Thor.

Moyes took ages to let Baines and Jagielka bed in though so it is no surprise he wants to take his time over Mirallas. I expect him to come off the bench for the next couple of games and then begin to get some starts.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next